Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
wonder what minor shenanigans Christian Rock groups get into

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016
I am keeping a dildo in my mouth to own the libs.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
e-dongs in my throat linked to vibrate when the bass drops

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Boomers strike again

This time they've recruited some dummies too

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

:hmmyes:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

the reason it's never discussed is because at least half a dozen of your favorite musicians also did it, and this applies to everyone lol
Not my faves!!

https://twitter.com/sfpelosi/status/1147657745253855233

Ruffian Price has issued a correction as of 21:31 on Jul 20, 2019

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/nowthisnews/status/1152054955945205760

:psyduck: how are there still people like this :psyduck:

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

is that trump's african american?

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

it’s so heartening to see that people who’ve been in comas for four years able to get up and start functioning again

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I wish they literally got hit in the gut instead

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
That guy dates/has dated Tomi Lahren

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Epic High Five posted:

the reason it's never discussed is because at least half a dozen of your favorite musicians also did it, and this applies to everyone lol

speak for yourself, my fav singers are supportive and nurturing to their teenage fans :colbert:
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Ask-Ogre-Letters-Deathrock/dp/0976082217

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Militant Lesbian posted:

speak for yourself, my fav singers are supportive and nurturing to their teenage fans :colbert:
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Ask-Ogre-Letters-Deathrock/dp/0976082217

this response is always predicated on "Bowie actually did nothing wrong" and always ends in heartbreak, RIP

sorry bub but what 99% of people know him for is coercing a 13 year old girl into submitting to him sexually or else he'd kill the child she was responsible for that he kidnapped; The Labyrinth was super hosed up beyond anything like what anybody is willing to admit

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Epic High Five posted:

this response is always predicated on "Bowie actually did nothing wrong" and always ends in heartbreak, RIP

sorry bub but what 99% of people know him for is coercing a 13 year old girl into submitting to him sexually or else he'd kill the child she was responsible for that he kidnapped; The Labyrinth was super hosed up beyond anything like what anybody is willing to admit

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sable_Starr

I try not to think about it.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Kurtofan posted:

I wish they literally got hit in the gut instead

I wish they had gotten dope-slapped.

Quite a few times.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Epic High Five posted:

At first I thought you were actually accusing Bowie of doing that for real and got really confused.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

There's a non-zero chance he named his final album after her

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

we call them coons in the community. there are usually 2 reasons someone coons like this. fear or ignorance. some people get republicanthink in their head and believe if they try to be one of the good ones they wont encounter racism. some are so scared of encountering racism they try to play like they are above it but in reality are trying to avoid it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Killjoy posted:

wonder what minor shenanigans Christian Rock groups get into

Coveting the next tables over order of food when they clearly were seated after them.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Coveting the next tables over order of food when they clearly were seated after them.

Wearing wrinkled khaki pants to church.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

etalian posted:

Wearing wrinkled khaki pants to church.

Almost saying a swear before catching themselves

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

y'all have a very rosy view of what evangelicals get up to within spaces their power structures dominate

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Rock is lame, christian rock is extra lame

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Forceholy posted:

This but with Jim Jarmusch. Most of his movies are pretentious wannabe Euro trash while Ghost Dog is cheesy pretentious wannabe Eurotrash.

i feel like this is why he made the dead dont die, trick people into watching his other stuff by making a zombie comedy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

AkumaHokoru posted:

we call them coons in the community. there are usually 2 reasons someone coons like this. fear or ignorance. some people get republicanthink in their head and believe if they try to be one of the good ones they wont encounter racism. some are so scared of encountering racism they try to play like they are above it but in reality are trying to avoid it.
Uh pretty sure that's just a slur for black people in general dude

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
yeah it is, one primarily used by your grandpa but still

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

AkumaHokoru posted:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
white people getting mad at black people using what they precieve as slurs necause they dont realize the poster is black is a very internet phenomenon and is very funny

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
it’s not perceived it um is.

my grandma used to use it all the time and she had no volume control which made things awkward

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

furiously updating cspam.xls so i know which slurs each poster can say

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Elephanthead posted:

not kind of minors i was thinking

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

CharlestheHammer posted:

it’s not perceived it um is.

my grandma used to use it all the time and she had no volume control which made things awkward

sure, when you use it

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i think a guy got banned recently for using the n word to describe what people called him growing up

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

AkumaHokoru is a black person is what people are getting at here.

Though I am also sometimes guilty of thinking of posters as looking like their avatars. I don't have a face, no.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

If black people want to use a slur for black people in general as a slur for a particular subset of black people that's entirely their prerogative but uh

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
Yes i know its rough but that one is a slur from black people against black people who sold those black people out to slave owners. so yeah. its rough but its what we call em the other terms are just as steeped in old timey racism there is no modern term other than maybe sellout but thats too light for this brand of bullshit.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I can use all of them please note this down thank you

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

CharlestheHammer posted:

yeah it is, one primarily used by your grandpa but still

present tense, but yes that’s accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

I'm a bad goon when it comes to media though because I also loathe David Lynch and as a result I will never watch Twin Peaks because I've reached my limit of his stuff that people assure me is amazing but actually it's incoherent trash

if you can’t find it try INLAND EMPIRE

it’s completely coherent and pretty linear

mind you most of the movie is dream sequences but they are linear dream sequences. i guess