Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

therobit posted:

Oh my god Cumshitter I normally use the app but I just followed the link in your avatar and that is loving amazing.

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazyhound
Mar 1, 2004

A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous—got me?

Propaganda Hour posted:

I actually had that happen to me about 8 years ago. Our office was moving and all of us interns were packing and moving boxes all day. I must have stood up and turned my body in some weird angle or something and all of the sudden it felt like my testicle was hit with a hammer. I was completed paralyzed by the pain and just yelled for somebody to get me to the ER immediately. Getting to the drat hospital was excruciating because every time my co-worker hit the brakes it felt like my nut was trying to leave my body. Eventually got to the ER and the nurse (a woman in her early 30s probably) used one of those handheld ultrasounds. She couldn't find anything wrong, her guess was that it twisted and then untwisted on the drive in. loving hell that wasn't fun, I can't imagine waiting 24+ hours with something like that and then getting jerked around by the medical staff.

He might have torsion of the testicular appendix, which is milder and not dangerous.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Thank you for sharing my website, I've noticed the analytics going up as well as an uptick in visits to the middle stall of the gay bar men's restroom in which I make my office. This was me just a few moments ago:

Me, speaking through the "business hole:" I see you've made the smart move in purchasing California municipal bonds, getting yourself a tax break at both the Federal and State level. Now, I know the bonds I would put you in have lower yield to maturities, but that's because we only invest in BBB/BAA or what are referred to as investment grade bonds. For example, this San Luis Obispo Petting Zoo Revenue bond is-

*A big, hard, veiny cock slowly pokes out of the other business hole*

Pardon me, I have to take a call. I've been trying to reach another client all day regarding an important matter. Don't look through the "business hole," this should only take a few minutes.

Ebeneezer Splooge
Nov 2, 2018

cumshitter posted:

Thank you for sharing my website, I've noticed the analytics going up as well as an uptick in visits to the middle stall of the gay bar men's restroom in which I make my office. This was me just a few moments ago:

Me, speaking through the "business hole:" I see you've made the smart move in purchasing California municipal bonds, getting yourself a tax break at both the Federal and State level. Now, I know the bonds I would put you in have lower yield to maturities, but that's because we only invest in BBB/BAA or what are referred to as investment grade bonds. For example, this San Luis Obispo Petting Zoo Revenue bond is-

*A big, hard, veiny cock slowly pokes out of the other business hole*

Pardon me, I have to take a call. I've been trying to reach another client all day regarding an important matter. Don't look through the "business hole," this should only take a few minutes.

:lolplant:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My [46M] older son [17M] is an atheist libertarian. My younger son [16M] is a Christian social democrat. Their political differences are tearing their relationship apart, how can I fix it?

The title sums it up pretty well, but I’ll elaborate a bit. I have two sons, Carter [17M] and Michael [16M]. They both have similar areas of interest- politics, economics, philosophy, etc. When they were both younger, they were both fairly liberal, but as they grew, Carter became increasingly more atheistic, pro-business, and conservative/libertarian, while Michael became more religious and even more liberal.

The thing is, they have opposing viewpoints and personalities. Carter is ambitious, more of a self-described pragmatist and realist than an idealist, overly cold and detached at times, biting and sarcastic, and sees politics as ‘just a game’ that is entertaining but ultimately meaningless. Also believes that ‘if there is no god, there is no morality, and we can do whatever we want’. Michael is compassionate and idealistic, sometimes overly so to the point of being naive, and uses his religion as a foundation point for his beliefs: there is God and morality, therefore it’s our duty to help everyone. He sees politics as the best ‘tool’ to help the masses.

Because of their strong feelings, they’re starting to hate each other and are constantly getting into arguments. Carter sees Michael with contempt, as in he sees Michael as logically defective due to his idealism. Michael sees Carter with dismay, as in he sees Carter as morally bankrupt with his beliefs. So on and so forth.

Obviously I don’t want my sons to hate each other. What can I do to help reconcile their relationship?

Tl;dr: my older son Carter is athiest, more of a libertarian, and a self-described pragmatist. My younger son Michael is a Christian and a social democrat who believes in the government’s responsibility to help all. Due to religious differences, they’ve grown to hate each other. Is there a way to fix their relationship?

Marchofthepenguins
Jun 1, 2016

Mental hygiene should be practiced after every meal
My (27F) fiance (37M) is incredibly angry with me because I broke my toe

quote:

I know the title sounds ridiculous, but me breaking my toe had caused some issues to come to a head.

My fiance and I have been together a year and a half. We've gone through some tough times together and come out the other end stronger. But yesterday at work, I accidentally pulled a metal door into my foot. My work took me to the doctor, and out turns out I've fractured my big toe. Nothing too major, but I was in a lot of pain and it took five hours to be seen. The doctor there bandaged up my damaged nail and told me to stay home from work Friday. When I was finally able to go home, I called me fiance to let him know what was going on. After telling him about the day, he said "So let me get this straight. You did this to yourself?" This made me burst into tears. Probably not the most mature reaction, but it had been a long, rough day. We ended the conversation shortly after.

I got home about five, and he came home shortly afterwards with a pizza for dinner. He offered to go get a pair of flip flops so I can have a pair of shoes to wear until this bigger bandage comes off. When he gets back from getting the shoes, he is incredibly angry. I ask him what's wrong, and he tells me to just leave him alone and not to talk to him. We spend the rest of the evening in separate rooms, not talking to each other, which is unusual for us.

That brings us to this morning. He woke up before me, and by the time he got done showering and came into the room to get dressed, I was awake. He asked me what I was going to do today, and I said I didn't know. He accused me of moping because I was hurt, which I disagreed with. We both got a little heated. I said it was unfair to say I was moping when I had just woken up and I was still frustrated by his unexplained anger from the night before. He said I needed to get something accomplished today and not blow the whole day.

We went into the living room, and I asked why he was so angry the night before. He said that me getting hurt just reminded him of my pattern. For reference, I used to work at the post office until last year. Partially due to some severe harassment from a manager, I experienced a severe episode of major depression and panic attacks that caused me to miss a lot of work. I got FMLA protection and saw a therapist. Even though I had FMLA, management still tried to fire me. They eventually had to offer me my job back, but by then my fiance and I had moved in together in his city, and we decided I would stay with the job I had gotten there and I would not go back to my city and the post office. Also during the major depressive episode, I got pregnant unexpectedly. We weren't trying, but birth control failure happened, and we decided to keep the pregnancy. I miscarried about 8 weeks along. It was devastating and I'm still not over it. A couple weeks after the first miscarriage, I got pregnant again. We were dumb and didn't realize you could get pregnant before even having a period after a miscarriage. My second pregnancy was lost about 7 weeks in. This of course didn't help my mental health, or allow me to get back to work. It was after the second miscarriage that I moved in with my fiance and got my current job.

I asked my fiance what he meant when he said my pattern, and he said my pattern of missing work. He brought up all the time that I had missed from the post office. He said me getting hurt and work and having to miss a day showed management I was unreliable, and that he and I have very different philosophies on work ethic. I don't think it's fair to bring up probably the worst period in my life as proof I'm unreliable, and I told him I didn't get hurt on purpose, that it was an accident. I can accept that I should have been more careful, but accidents do happen sometimes. He left for work and we didn't resolve anything.

I don't know what to do. I don't like the thought of every time something happens to me, he shows blame or resentment instead of sympathy. If he truly thinks we're so fundamentally different in work ethic and reliability, then this is just going to keep causing issues. Something like this can cause resentment to grow in a relationship, and I don't want that, especially considering we're getting married in about 7 weeks. What should I do here? How do I resolve this?

Tldr; I fractured my toe at work. My fiance thinks this is a pattern of unreliability at work.

"Hey honey I see you're injured considerably is this a good time to mention how much I despise your weakness?"

Marchofthepenguins fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jul 21, 2019

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My [46M] older son [17M] is an atheist libertarian. My younger son [16M] is a Christian social democrat. Their political differences are tearing their relationship apart, how can I fix it?

The title sums it up pretty well, but I’ll elaborate a bit. I have two sons, Carter [17M] and Michael [16M]. They both have similar areas of interest- politics, economics, philosophy, etc. When they were both younger, they were both fairly liberal, but as they grew, Carter became increasingly more atheistic, pro-business, and conservative/libertarian, while Michael became more religious and even more liberal.

The thing is, they have opposing viewpoints and personalities. Carter is ambitious, more of a self-described pragmatist and realist than an idealist, overly cold and detached at times, biting and sarcastic, and sees politics as ‘just a game’ that is entertaining but ultimately meaningless. Also believes that ‘if there is no god, there is no morality, and we can do whatever we want’. Michael is compassionate and idealistic, sometimes overly so to the point of being naive, and uses his religion as a foundation point for his beliefs: there is God and morality, therefore it’s our duty to help everyone. He sees politics as the best ‘tool’ to help the masses.

Because of their strong feelings, they’re starting to hate each other and are constantly getting into arguments. Carter sees Michael with contempt, as in he sees Michael as logically defective due to his idealism. Michael sees Carter with dismay, as in he sees Carter as morally bankrupt with his beliefs. So on and so forth.

Obviously I don’t want my sons to hate each other. What can I do to help reconcile their relationship?

Tl;dr: my older son Carter is athiest, more of a libertarian, and a self-described pragmatist. My younger son Michael is a Christian and a social democrat who believes in the government’s responsibility to help all. Due to religious differences, they’ve grown to hate each other. Is there a way to fix their relationship?

My first thought was that they should simply disown the insufferable one, until I realized they were both insufferable

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I (34M) am crushing for a 18 years old girl.

TL;DR: Met a girl that can really mess with me and push my buttons. That makes me like her even more. Despite all embroilment. Happens to be she's only 18...

I was introduced to this group of friend about three months ago by a friend (F) of mine, let's call her C. The group is very heterogeneous in age, but mostly are man.

That night I met this girl, L. Pretty, outgoing, beautiful smile and really funny.

When I first looked at her I told C "drat, i'd hit that, shame she's too young!". She told me L had a boyfriend from that exactly same group, so I never thought about that again.

​The group and I got really well, and we all went out a bunch of times together.

​One night, about one and a half month ago, L was a little less outgoing and I learned her boyfriend dumped her. And actually was some kind of an rear end. C told her that I liked her and we ended up kissing.

​We'd seen each other on the group encounters, but near them we usually don't stay very close. At max we give some kisses when nobody is looking.

​The whole group went to this bbq, I drove her. We got in traffic for almost one and a half hour. We talked a lot, had a good time. I asked her about her current relationship with her ex. She told me they are over, but whenever they meet, they always end up together.. the sex is great..

I can't judge. They know each other, they know what the other like in bed.

​Who have never had a few "remembers" with their ex's?

​Last night some of the group were together, including she and her ex.

​The day before, she and I were having lunch.

​Yesterday was this weird situation, just a few of the group were together and some friends from one of the guys.

​The ex-boyfriend was sitting between me and her.

​Nevertheless, I caught her looking at me all the time, and when I look back she made funny faces looking me in the eyes. Messing/playing with me. All that flirting could have made my day (even did a bit).

​Even tough I have already seen them together multiple times, yesterday was different. Her ex had lost his job that day, and she was very tender with him, despite the flirting with me part...

​At one point we engaged some conversation, just me and her apart from the groups convos. We really forgot about the group for a while. We where laughing about ridiculous things we told each other, about things we were doing that we have in common, and had just found out.

One would say some movie/music/cartoon/meme and the other would finish.. it was really fun!

Her ex and her even trade sits so we could talk closely, cause clearly the group and us weren't in the same place.

​We both make each other laugh. We both enjoy each other company.

​I felt a bit bad that night... I don't know if it was cause he lost his job or because L. was flirting with me all the time.

Still have to figure out what exactly, but I have some ideas:

She was flirting with me, while her legs were over her ex's legs.

I started to like the guy. I really have nothing against him. He does not look a bad person.

I envied him (in his ignorance), and wish it was me beside her

I once gave in on a friend's girlfriend flirting, and that was really wrong and messed! (few year later I built the strength to talk to him, he forgave me but the friendship was never the same)

​She talks about we having sex (we have not done it yet), she insinuates herself on our chats. It's reciprocate...

​I want to have sex with her! I want to feel her smooth skin against mine.

​But i think what I want most is to have the same as they have on our encounters. I want someone who puts her legs over mine, who gets behind me when I'm distracted and holds me, kisses me and go back doing whatever both were doing (not that I have seen them doing all those things)

​Knowing she has this "features" makes me want her even more.

​I could just gently caress her.. I probably would If I was feeling better with myself.

I'm feeling emotionally insecure, needy.

​More than sex, I want affection. I want to cuddle, to netflix and chill.. Still, i want to keep casual. I'm not really interested in engaging myself right now.

​I am lacking affection. And I may not be on my righteous mind.

​ps.: Even though i'm posting this, this is more me writing "what i'm thinking right now" thing than anything else thing.

​I like to share my thinking with others. I believe that other's ideas can complement mine, can make me think about things I have not thought about so I can improve myself.

​Share your thinking, keep your judgment to yourself

​ps2.: this is a throw out account cause I'm always afraid someone could identify me by cross searching my posts due to all details i usually share.

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Marchofthepenguins posted:

It’s never too late to abort your shithole fiancé.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

FilthyImp posted:

The problem is weddings are expensive as all gently caress and some people feel that they should get the benefit of a spotlight if they're throwing essentially a fancy party for friends and relatives.

It's really just in bad taste to upstage the wedding party.

I get it, it's just not needling me in the right way that I can muster up the anger to say definitively "ban your brother from your wedding". And I fully admit I might be wrong, no one outside of any sibling relationship is going to understand that relationship better than the siblings that inhabit it.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

Over 16s have no business fraternizing with under 16s. That's the CreepLine(TM).

I was only 15 when I started dating a 17 yo and I turned out fi... oh. Oh, god.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

https://www.clickhole.com/unlikely-animal-friendship-this-55-year-old-man-is-dat-1835613604

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I feel the only course of action that reconciles both sons' belief systems is murdering Carter. Carter will appreciate the ruthlessness and dedication to overthrowing society's outdated morals demonstrated by murdering your own son, while Michael will appreciate the personal sacrifice you are making for the objective good of society. Once they realize they have some common ground they will be able to make their peace with one another, especially Carter, since he will be dead.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Smirking_Serpent posted:

any teenager whose self-described interests are "economics, politics and philosophy" is a failed person. put them both straight into the garbage and start over.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Sagebrush posted:

any teenager whose self-described interests are "economics, politics and philosophy" is a failed person. put them both straight into the garbage and start over.

i'm picturing the two ugliest, most suit-wearing dweebs possible. violent acne, dental apertures capable of refueling a space shuttle, voices so reedy bees overwinter in them

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I love how when stories about teenagers with poo poo stupid rear end views are posted everyone comes busting in here with hot takes as if we all weren't these dumbass teenagers with stupid poo poo views at one point lol.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

dudeness posted:

I honestly don't give a poo poo about this as a problem, let him propose dude, so what.

e: Not the post right above mine, the one 2 posts above!

Hey whoa, gently caress you. A wedding is an expensive as gently caress party that's supposed to be about bringing all the people you love respect and care about to celebrate a big commitment and to affirm it in front of all those people. You're pretty much getting everyone together to watch you make this big huge promise so that ideally they'll help and support you in keeping it. Co-opting this to have your own personal moment is a horrible move that is indicative of a complete piece of poo poo. Its the exact same mentality that leads MIL's to wear a wedding dress to their children's wedding. I hope you're trolling but its been a long and horrible day and I can't tell anymore.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

MarcusSA posted:

I love how when stories about teenagers with poo poo stupid rear end views are posted everyone comes busting in here with hot takes as if we all weren't these dumbass teenagers with stupid poo poo views at one point lol.

No, that's how we know

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Guildenstern Mother posted:

Hey whoa, gently caress you. A wedding is an expensive as gently caress party that's supposed to be about bringing all the people you love respect and care about to celebrate a big commitment and to affirm it in front of all those people. You're pretty much getting everyone together to watch you make this big huge promise so that ideally they'll help and support you in keeping it. Co-opting this to have your own personal moment is a horrible move that is indicative of a complete piece of poo poo. Its the exact same mentality that leads MIL's to wear a wedding dress to their children's wedding. I hope you're trolling but its been a long and horrible day and I can't tell anymore.

Nice meltdown ect ect ect.

You are 100% correct though its tacky as gently caress to do poo poo like that and if you can't control your self for one day you are a terrible person. Let the two people who paid for and put the poo poo together have their day.

Weddings are a huge pain in the loving rear end to plan and pay for.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

quote:

Also believes that ‘if there is no god, there is no morality, and we can do whatever we want’

This is a creative writing subreddit

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Okay I'll admit I'm wrong.

Marchofthepenguins
Jun 1, 2016

Mental hygiene should be practiced after every meal
I [22F] read my parents' texts and found out my immediate family pretty much despises me.

quote:

I honestly don't even know where to start here... I haven't lived at home for the past four years of undergrad because I function better when I'm not around my family all the time. I think and function differently from them, which is something I thought was OK and not a source of conflict until this morning. I'm moving in a month for grad school so I moved back home for the summer to save a bit of money. The entire summer both my siblings and my parents have been very nasty (mostly in the way of exclusionary and passive aggressive behavior) towards me despite minimal confrontation or conflicts occurring. It's been really upsetting but I've tried to push it aside. I've heard them talking about me behind my back on multiple occasions and even seen text messages over my sister's shoulder between her and my mom calling me disgusting and really just trashing me in any way they know how.

I am aware that what I did was wrong / I shouldn't have done it, but my dad went to the grocery store and left his phone at our house. Everyone else was sleeping and morbid curiosity got the best of me, so I opened it (he doesn't have a passcode) and went through he and my mother's texts together. I don't know what exactly I was expecting to find, perhaps a few sparing texts about me, I don't know, but I was completely shocked to find that the majority of their conversations are about how much they despise me. Like this is to the point where they purposely plan family lunches/dinners/movie nights/etc when they know I am working or otherwise busy and invite me even though they know I can't go so that it's not obvious they don't want me in attendance. I'm not even worthy of a name in their conversations, as my dad merely refers to me as "the bitch" and my mother follows suit. My mom says things like "It's so funny how she acts like her life is so great but she can't be genuinely happy because she is the most miserable bitch I have ever met." They say I bring down the mood, I walk into the room and I'm a bitch, etc.

There are also several texts where my dad will message my mom complaining about how annoying I'm being and she will respond saying my sister and brother are also texting her the same thing and they'll laugh about it. So while I'm in the room with my entire family, they are texting about how insufferable I am.

I think the worst thing of all is that my sister outed me to my entire family. I came out to her in December after being closeted for years and it was a very huge step for me to do this as my family is not very supportive of the LGBTQ+ community and I was terrified to tell anyone. I told her I wasn't ready to share this information with anyone and she turned around and told everyone in my family about it. They are "sickened" by my "lifestyle" and have no issue with her mistreating me because she disagrees with my "lifestyle" (yes, that is what they are calling it).

Growing up I was always straight-laced, kept my head down, and did what I was supposed to. I am good in school and got involved with community service/volunteering and excelled in varsity sports. I've also worked since I was fourteen. I pay for all of my expenses and never ask for a thing from my parents. In college I had a 4.0 and I got into multiple top PhD programs straight out of undergrad. I won multiple prestigious awards in undergrad whose ceremonies both my parents never bothered showing up at. I am the black sheep and they abuse me for it.

I know snooping was wrong and I'm not sure what I expected to find doing something like this but drat, this hurts like hell. I've always felt generally ostracized and sort of disliked by my family but I tried to tell myself that it was just my anxiety going into overdrive and brushed it off. But these were not mere hunches, they are true. I feel sick to my stomach and absolutely numb, and I'm honestly not sure how I should proceed from here. Should I try to bring things up with my family? Should I just bide my time for the next few weeks until I move?

TLDR: I knew my family was talking about me behind my back so I read my parents' texts and found horrible messages about me and also found out that my sister outed me to my family.

This honestly kinda sad, but at least from comments it sounds like she's got a good head on her shoulders and is making plans to get out, cut ties with her lovely gay-hating family, and never look back ASAP.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I (34M) am crushing for a 18 years old girl.

she's way too mature for you

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know

It is ludicrously intense and weird to not only be marrying someone after a year and change, but to have TWO miscarriages during that brief period and losing jobs, breaking bones, having constant fights etc.

They've managed to pack more drama into one year of dating than most people do in a decade or more.

I want to believe this woman, she's obviously suffering and deserves better, but some people just, due to their mental state, attract constant trouble and their entire life is this Illiad-level odyssey where they are constantly facing the worst challenges known to man. I don't know what causes that, and it's certainly not their FAULT per se, but it's a thing that I've noticed. 10% of the population manage to attract 90% of the drama.

So I kinda get where this guy is coming from. I'm sure he views it as one thing after another, and it's no one's fault, but that has to get tiring and maybe they should just break up if he can't handle the ride.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I [22F] read my parents' texts and found out my immediate family pretty much despises me.

This honestly kinda sad, but at least from comments it sounds like she's got a good head on her shoulders and is making plans to get out, cut ties with her lovely gay-hating family, and never look back ASAP.

Leave your poo poo family at any cost.

Also reading the first few paragraphs I was like drat what did this lady do to her family? Then it got to the LGBT stuff and I was like oooooh well that explains a lot.

She honestly shouldn't spend anymore time in that house no matter how much money she is saving.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Despite what Disney might try to tell you "Runaway and never return" is sometimes very good life advice

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

dudeness posted:

Okay I'll admit I'm wrong.

:stare:

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time

MarcusSA posted:

That's kind of what I was thinking. All teenagers are insufferable and the political views they form well before they are voting and paying any real taxes or having to pay their own bills are usually really dumb, because they don't have the maturity or life experience to think about that stuff critically yet.

I was ready to blame this kid just being a pain in the rear end until halfway through where she starts talking about getting outed to her bigoted family, at which point it's clear why they don't like her and that it isn't her fault.

Taima posted:

It is ludicrously intense and weird to not only be marrying someone after a year and change, but to have TWO miscarriages during that brief period and losing jobs, breaking bones, having constant fights etc.

They've managed to pack more drama into one year of dating than most people do in a decade or more.

I want to believe this woman, she's obviously suffering and deserves better, but some people just, due to their mental state, attract constant trouble and their entire life is this Illiad-level odyssey where they are constantly facing the worst challenges known to man. I don't know what causes that, and it's certainly not their FAULT per se, but it's a thing that I've noticed. 10% of the population manage to attract 90% of the drama.

So I kinda get where this guy is coming from. I'm sure he views it as one thing after another, and it's no one's fault, but that has to get tiring and maybe they should just break up if he can't handle the ride.

If someone is always talking about things that happen TO them and never what they did or their role in their own situation, then usually there is a lot of self-caused drama. Typically people like that just don't take responsibility for how they end up where they end up. Sometimes genuinely lovely things are happening to them, but many times they could put a stop to it by not walking into traffic.

Chairman Mao
Apr 24, 2004

The Chinese Communist Party is the core of leadership of the whole Chinese people. Without this core, the cause of socialism cannot be victorious.

Bohemian Nights posted:

This is a creative writing subreddit

I mean yeah but you're not supposed to say it.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

xtal posted:

A service animal was like the original machine learning algorithm. They can learn to detect fainting, seizures, low blood sugar, basically anything, and detect it sooner than humans most of the time.

Gluten Freeman posted:

Yeah they can be trained to smell whatever chemicals a person lets off in advance of a fainting spell/seizure. It's incredibly expensive and takes a long time for training though.

Dogs are so amazing. I'm currently raising a guide dog puppy as a volunteer and it's incredible seeing how she responds to the training and socialisation.

Animals are great as hell.

Animals could eat this family except for the OP. gently caress, animals are so cool.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (25 F) Boyfriend (27M) of two years is obsessed with Dave and Busters?

I really don't know where to start with this, and it sounds very petty, but I am at my wit's end dealing with my boyfriend.

Some context, we have been together for two years and he is overall fantastic. Very thoughtful, kind, funny, interesting, and responsible. For instance he always brings me my favorite snacks when he goes out without me even asking for them. He'll comfort me after a tough day at work (I work at a call center and get some crazy ones). For the most part he is also very respectful of me. We were both raised Catholic and he's very active in the church and an overall stand-up guy, which I admire a lot. Literally the only problem in our relationship is this obsession with Dave and Busters. I'm only telling you guys all of this so you don't just tell me to break up with him, because although we have this problem I really don't want to leave him.

I guess I will just get to the bad part. My boyfriend absolutely must go to Dave and Busters once a week, or else he throws a tantrum. I am not exaggerating when I use the word "tantrum". We are talking crying, stomping, etc. It's bad. He will beg and plead, and state that the only thing he wants is for us to "Go to Busters" and if it's been more than a week he'll say we haven't been in "forever". I've tried talking it through with him. I have suggested other restaurants, even other barcades, but it *has* to be Dave and Busters. When I tell him I don't really enjoy going with him and that he could go alone, he says something like "What do you mean, you love Busters, I give you all the prizes!" When we do go, we spend a ridiculous amount of money (which I split with him), and he makes me follow him around to each game to play together.

I pressed him about it and the only explanation he's been able to give me is that he had his 9th birthday at D&Bs and considers it "the single best day of his life". How do I help him move past this? I really want to keep dating this man. I know nostalgia can be a powerful force, but this is absolutely unacceptable. PLEASE help reddit!

tl;dr, my boyfriend is obsessed with D&B's and won't accept not going there at least once a week. We have a great relationship other than this and I need help because I am really at a loss for how to deal with this

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
If not for the tantrums I would just say, "Look you're hoodriver oz lame, but if you love him and he treats you well that's not the worst thing in the world. "

But gently caress dating people who act like toddlers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Your boyfriend was abused by a Chuck E. Cheese establishment.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

therobit posted:

If not for the tantrums I would just say, "Look you're hoodriver oz lame, but if you love him and he treats you well that's not the worst thing in the world. "

But gently caress dating people who act like toddlers.

Yeah that’s my thinking. Like it’s weird but not that crazy till the tantrums part and then it gets weird and dumb.

Also lol at the spoilers makes the story real good.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

quote:

The relationship is good despite this but I find his behavior very childish and unattractive. It really does seem like the most important thing to him at times. I have tried to ply him with a "romantic night in" (heavily implying that we would be intimate) and he just wanted to go to Busters instead. He said something about how we have the rest of our lives for romantic nights in, and we do have plenty. I'm just sick to death of D&Bs.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Did his parents loving take him every week? Ask them how they handled it.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

MarcusSA posted:

Nice meltdown ect ect ect.

You are 100% correct though its tacky as gently caress to do poo poo like that and if you can't control your self for one day you are a terrible person. Let the two people who paid for and put the poo poo together have their day.

Weddings are a huge pain in the loving rear end to plan and pay for.

I'm currently planning a wedding and if you don't think after all the insane bullshit I've been through with this planning I wouldn't loving cut a bitch you are a very wrong man.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

I really don't know where to start with this, and it sounds very petty, but I am at my wit's end dealing with my boyfriend.

Some context, we have been together for two years and he is overall fantastic. Very thoughtful, kind, funny, interesting, and responsible. For instance he always brings me my favorite snacks when he goes out without me even asking for them. He'll comfort me after a tough day at work (I work at a call center and get some crazy ones). For the most part he is also very respectful of me. We were both raised Catholic and he's very active in the church and an overall stand-up guy, which I admire a lot. Literally the only problem in our relationship is this obsession with Dave and Busters. I'm only telling you guys all of this so you don't just tell me to break up with him, because although we have this problem I really don't want to leave him.

I guess I will just get to the bad part. My boyfriend absolutely must go to Dave and Busters once a week, or else he throws a tantrum. I am not exaggerating when I use the word "tantrum". We are talking crying, stomping, etc. It's bad. He will beg and plead, and state that the only thing he wants is for us to "Go to Busters" and if it's been more than a week he'll say we haven't been in "forever". I've tried talking it through with him. I have suggested other restaurants, even other barcades, but it *has* to be Dave and Busters. When I tell him I don't really enjoy going with him and that he could go alone, he says something like "What do you mean, you love Busters, I give you all the prizes!" When we do go, we spend a ridiculous amount of money (which I split with him), and he makes me follow him around to each game to play together.

I pressed him about it and the only explanation he's been able to give me is that he had his 9th birthday at D&Bs and considers it "the single best day of his life". How do I help him move past this? I really want to keep dating this man. I know nostalgia can be a powerful force, but this is absolutely unacceptable. PLEASE help reddit!

tl;dr, my boyfriend is obsessed with D&B's and won't accept not going there at least once a week. We have a great relationship other than this and I need help because I am really at a loss for how to deal with this

She needs to start referring to it as “Busting/bust” all the time. Like ALL THE TIME and IN PUBLIC. “Hey honey, can you bust alone this time?” “Stop throwing a tantrum because you haven’t busted this week!”

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

I'm currently planning a wedding and if you don't think after all the insane bullshit I've been through with this planning I wouldn't loving cut a bitch you are a very wrong man.

There's a reason they don't use regular knives to cut wedding cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Just have sex with him already. I am 100% sure they're saving it until marriage if D&B's was the best day of his life.

It'll be like this old Onion article.