Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Preem Palver posted:

ADB on non-chaos players in Warcry. I'm picking Unmade and Iron Golems. https://twitter.com/adembskibowden/status/1151017962180136961

But also

https://twitter.com/adembskibowden/status/1151040350695411712

(Probably picking up all of the gangs but i'm thinking of savage orcs, my friend is choosing between idoneth/night haunt/legions of nagash and the Cypher lords, my younger brother is choosing between Iron Golems and the Unmade and my older brother is going to get the Untamed Beasts if he doesn't express a god drat preference*)

*I am painting his models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/20/the-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-open-day-2019-live-bloggw-homepage-post-1/

AoS Open day live blog up. So far only two new Battletomes have been announced:

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Nervous about how many order units are going to be retired, but I guess this is the closest thing to a free people’s battle tome I could hope for

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Preem Palver posted:

ADB on non-chaos players in Warcry. I'm picking Unmade and Iron Golems. https://twitter.com/adembskibowden/status/1151017962180136961

I'll play what I want because it's my life Dumbski-Bonerden

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

oh gently caress yes

I picked a good time to get back in with my collection of old WFB models.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 20, 2019

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
gently caress yes, the empire strikes back!

I ended up paying what translates to 99 dollars (+ shipping) for the warcry box. That's between the low brexitdollars and pre-ordering from a gamestore that offers 15-20% off rrp.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Another news update.

Ogre book soon I imagine.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Solemn Sloth posted:

Nervous about how many order units are going to be retired, but I guess this is the closest thing to a free people’s battle tome I could hope for

It could be awesome. I'd love some new fightin' human models for AOS.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
I just want to know if that Gotrek model is Resin or Plastic. I mean, its probably resin but a man can hope...

EDIT: According to the AoS facebook...Hes plastic! This is very good news for me, though not so good for my wallet when it takes the hit of the fourth omnibus, realmslayer, ghoulslayer, trollslayer 20th anniversary and the model at the same time.

MrFlibble fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Jul 20, 2019

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Well I've got 20 greatswords, a box of demigryphs, a foot and mounted general, and I've been waiting on getting 30 handgunners all for this. I'm very excited.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VU-OIWN9V0

Looks like Underworlds is moving away from Shadespire and now to "the heart of a living mountain in Ghur, the Realm of Beasts". Which sounds rad as hell and also seems to tease new elves and centaurs.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF5CzVul7J8

Tomb Kings?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

That was my thought, I hope it is.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
That Ogre Tyrant is saying boxed set to me. I reckon Ogres vs whatever this death type thing is. October release (because Halloween).

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
Oh drat, even more good. The faux accent and music certainly makes it sound like it! I thought that 'ultimate memelord the imperishable' had become a sigmarine or some such? Maybe that's what the tearing himself free is about.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
The pact of bones is broken. Let the feast of bone begin. The tithe of bones is coming.

Whatever the dead thing is, it is going to be boney.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
As a man who loves a skeleton, the theme of bones is a good theme. Let the rattling commence!

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
The AOS warscrolls for the three released warbands are up on the games workshop page. Looks like they all are slaves to darkness.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
just painted up a necromancer and some skeleton warriors so more skellingtons sounds good to me

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Bring on my mummy boney boys ! please for the love of god!

https://youtu.be/de-ArDJjUDY

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Revelation 2-13 posted:

The AOS warscrolls for the three released warbands are up on the games workshop page. Looks like they all are slaves to darkness.

Link?

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Warcry-EN-2019

They're always under 'downloads' where you buy them. The two starter warbands are under the box set, cypher lords are also there, but sold separately.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Revelation 2-13 posted:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-DK/Warcry-EN-2019

They're always under 'downloads' where you buy them. The two starter warbands are under the box set, cypher lords are also there, but sold separately.

Word, I was looking for the products in the store assuming that was the case and couldn't find anything. Maybe the preorders aren't in the US store yet.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Oh drat, even more good. The faux accent and music certainly makes it sound like it! I thought that 'ultimate memelord the imperishable' had become a sigmarine or some such? Maybe that's what the tearing himself free is about.

That's what I'm feeling too, hopefully inciting incident for Tithe of Bones is Settrak breaking free from Nagash's control as well.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

If Settra rules again I'll be happy. I feel like AOS has shaped up really well over time. I like the setting a lot now and it's a nice change away from earth but some countries are monster people.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
Tomb Kings are rad and always have been rad.

It would be dumb for them to leave free money on the table. Make Necrosphinxes. Get money.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I feel like my painting abilities have gotten a lot better over the course of the last six months, excited to see where I'm at in a year. Particularly proud of the necromancer.

Also, for other beginners like me, spending the $20 on a fancier brush vs the citadel brushes was like the difference between night and day.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I question if Settra would be calling Nagash "Master".

The accent sounds kinda like Bela Lugosi so im leaning toward thinking Vlad is coming back.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

JBP posted:

If Settra rules again I'll be happy. I feel like AOS has shaped up really well over time. I like the setting a lot now and it's a nice change away from earth but some countries are monster people.

the thing about Settra is that he does not serve, he rules

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

RagnarokAngel posted:

I question if Settra would be calling Nagash "Master".

The accent sounds kinda like Bela Lugosi so im leaning toward thinking Vlad is coming back.

I also wonder about master, but he was bossed around historically before going on spring break forever.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
If you compare the voiceover to Settra in Total Warhammer it sounds very similar (to me, at least). Not gonna get my hopes up, though.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The voice is totally Jim Cummings.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
bring back bretonnia next

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

bring back bretonnia next

They're already in aos

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i will never stop screaming, screaming for the lady of the lake,,,,,

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Seriously, I don't even give a poo poo about Bretonnia. I just want a modern faction that has knights on horses.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

Seriously, I don't even give a poo poo about Bretonnia. I just want a modern faction that has knights on horses.

I was going to say free peoples but then I remembered they don't make the regular knights anymore

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Maybe the Cities codex will bring in new knights or similar stuff to what people like me want.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

S.J. posted:

They're already in aos

Bring back the models so I can play 7th without auctioning my organs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure that's not Settra because of the "master" line. My money's on Krell.