Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Opferwurst posted:

q baby is killing me, I can't stop giggling about it. what a time to be alive.

when they do one of these "remember the the '10s" shows in 2050 I hope they do a segment on the q crap and dig up the grown up q baby from their space-meth/time-travelling-heroin hovel to parade them around. :allears:

q baby will be dead from some disease it wasn't vaccinated for, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

chitoryu12 posted:

There's probably a good number of "official" Q drops that were just someone getting the idea to gently caress with them.

Yes: all of them.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
The good thing about starting up a homegrown cult of personality is that it doesn't matter what you say or if it's wrong. All the matters is dear leader.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

chitoryu12 posted:

There's probably a good number of "official" Q drops that were just someone getting the idea to gently caress with them.

I mean, for a long time that is all it was. All of the original months of posts are written by different trip codes in wildly different voices. With people just retroactively picking which posts were real and which are "larp". It was a super long time before all 'official' q posts were coming from a single trip code, and even then that trip code would constantly get lost or figured out and it'd just change to another one. And 4chan and 8chan both had pretty different narratives too.

Like 99% of everything from the first 6 months of Q stuff is very clearly just random 15 year olds that wrote one post in 5 minutes then never thought about it again, it being an organized thing with a singular writer came way way after.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Opferwurst posted:

q baby is killing me, I can't stop giggling about it. what a time to be alive.

when they do one of these "remember the the '10s" shows in 2050 I hope they do a segment on the q crap and dig up the grown up q baby from their space-meth/time-travelling-heroin hovel to parade them around. :allears:

That’s a tremendously optimistic outlook, that Q will be a quaint relic in the future. These kinds of conspiracy theories just gain legitimacy as time goes on. Look at all the Kennedy assassination theories. It starts with pure nut jobs, then there are hucksters trying to get something off the nutjobs, then it dies down for a bit.... But then it gains some counter-cultural cachet. Maybe you have some punks making songs referencing it (to parody the initial nutjobs - https://youtu.be/l9jAGtfi8S4 ) maybe it’s just idiot kids trying to say something edgy. (You’re already seeing this with the “Bush did 911” meme-ing.)

So, while all that counter-cultural cachet builds, a new generation is growing up and exposed to it, robbed of the original context. Instead, to them, it’s just something said by people who are too cool for their parents to like. Then those kids become adults and suddenly there’s “serious” looking into if there was actually something to all those conspiracies. Popular culture starts referencing the conspiracy in less-mocking tones, and so the next generation buys into it even more.

So yeah, before 2100 there will be more than one studio movie that references how Q was right. That’s the future that’s in front of us.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

big nipples big life posted:

Someone is going to drop a Q baby live at a rally trying to lift it up for the president to see.

A real life Q drop.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Thanks everyone
I didn't realize there had been so many different ones, argh
I would say it would be funny to make our own like Onion headlines
Qnion?
But hell, they'd never top the real ones so

Sublimer
Sep 20, 2007
get yo' game up

You have more than you know.

Office of the Comptroller of the Treasury

Disinfo is necessary

Think Feivel Goes West

Trust the Plan

-Q

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

big nipples big life posted:

Don't worry, they'll just get one with a different tripcode.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1151886938087002113

Twitter thread with actual insight from someone who's been covering it from the beginning.

Panicky bullshit. Nobody from the 80s still believes the secret Satanist nonsense. This is just the same people who would have fallen for that grift falling for a new one. In some cases it's literally the same people. The idea that "pedovore" is going to be a word that means anything a decade from now is laughable.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I feel like there’s a huge element of pretend play in the Q thing. Like they enjoy acting like it’s real, but they still go to work and now the lawn and live out their lives just as if it had never entered their lives.

A true cult would be preparing to kill people. There are certainly outliers who embrace this stuff and go kill people, but the majority seem to treat it like a tv show, like most conspiracy theories.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Sublimer posted:

You have more than you know.

Office of the Comptroller of the Treasury

Disinfo is necessary

Think Feivel Goes West

Trust the Plan

-Q

Democrats

Think 1984 but real

Know when to know what to know

Trust lies

-Q

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

I feel like there’s a huge element of pretend play in the Q thing. Like they enjoy acting like it’s real, but they still go to work and now the lawn and live out their lives just as if it had never entered their lives.

A true cult would be preparing to kill people. There are certainly outliers who embrace this stuff and go kill people, but the majority seem to treat it like a tv show, like most conspiracy theories.

Their belief in Q is as loud but ultimately hollow as their belief in Christianity.

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

load up on guns

bring your friends

with the lights out

it's less dangerous

yeah

-q

Aziz of Arabia
Jul 19, 2019

by R. Guyovich

Yes, that's why it's called LARPing.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009

Relevant Tangent posted:

Panicky bullshit. Nobody from the 80s still believes the secret Satanist nonsense. This is just the same people who would have fallen for that grift falling for a new one. In some cases it's literally the same people. The idea that "pedovore" is going to be a word that means anything a decade from now is laughable.

I agree. It's not something we can safely ignore, and I am a little scared of what effect social media will have on its staying power, but this poo poo has been going on forever. After Satanic Panic slowed down, the entire 90s were full of black helicopter stories, camps, UN conspiracies and armed militia groups that were eating it all up. There was a society in the hundreds organized around the Turner Diaries that were building little towns in the middle of nowhere. It was just harder to spread and see. Back then they were putting the Ruby Ridge sniper's home address and phone number on hats and shirts and selling them at gun shows. Now you can just post that poo poo on 4chan or Twitter. That's the only big difference.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Lots of people (all people) have things they think are true and things they think are right.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Bill McJenkins, a 41 year old man died in Tampa Florida today, an avid Q supporter as reported by family and friends.

"The Q-anon baby is a miracle, he can turn water into wine, bleach into water, just watch!"

Bill put the bottle of Clorox up to his mouth and guzzled it: "Q-BABY SAVE ME!!!"

The Q-anon baby did not save him, Bill was buried in Oaklawn cemetary on July 18th.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

That’s a tremendously optimistic outlook, that Q will be a quaint relic in the future. These kinds of conspiracy theories just gain legitimacy as time goes on. Look at all the Kennedy assassination theories. It starts with pure nut jobs, then there are hucksters trying to get something off the nutjobs, then it dies down for a bit.... But then it gains some counter-cultural cachet. Maybe you have some punks making songs referencing it (to parody the initial nutjobs - https://youtu.be/l9jAGtfi8S4 ) maybe it’s just idiot kids trying to say something edgy. (You’re already seeing this with the “Bush did 911” meme-ing.)

I mostly agree but it kind of confuses your point at the end here when you equate a true thing to Q or Kennedy assassination nonsense

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
me must protect qbabby at all costs

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Everybody ripping off David Dees these days just because prodromal schizophrenia has been trendy these past few years.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

paddyboat posted:

me must protect qbabby at all costs

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

:aaaaa:

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

VitalSigns posted:

I mostly agree but it kind of confuses your point at the end here when you equate a true thing to Q or Kennedy assassination nonsense

Yep, it’s that exact kind of low-effort trolling that will eventually have our kids and grandkids talking about “I mean, if Q was fake, how are there so many unanswered questions?”

Aziz of Arabia
Jul 19, 2019

by R. Guyovich

LanceHunter posted:

Yep, it’s that exact kind of low-effort trolling that will eventually have our kids and grandkids talking about “I mean, if Q was fake, how are there so many unanswered questions?”

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

LanceHunter posted:

Q is fake though, so it's not the same thing as people accepting that Bush did 9/11

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

VitalSigns posted:

Q is fake though, so it's not the same thing as people accepting that Bush did 9/11

:ironicat:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Imagine being alive in 2019 and not knowing Bush did 9/11

Apathy420
May 18, 2017

by Cyrano4747
How is Qbabby formed. How Q get pragnant

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

When a Qanonnite needs to prove to a woman that he's a...

When a Qanonnite loves a woman, and he actually wants to make love to her, with deep, deep concentration and great focus he's often able to achieve an erect--

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/willsommer/status/1153048972048699397?s=21

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

I think she wants to gently caress.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice
How are there ballcaps with the Presidential seal? Do they seriously order those with TRUMP on them to give to people? How is that OK?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

How are there ballcaps with the Presidential seal? Do they seriously order those with TRUMP on them to give to people? How is that OK?

I bought mine at the marlago gift shop

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

Pissbaby President is using the office for personal profit and has been for years. He regularly shills his own merch. Who is going to stop him?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TremorX posted:

load up on guns

bring your friends

with the lights out

it's less dangerous

yeah

-q

In seventy years
Of brushin' soap on
Gramps coulda painted
The pentagon
-Burma-Shave Q

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Is she wearing two loving baseball hats

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Corsair Pool Boy posted:

The thing about laws is they have to be enforced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Party Plane Jones posted:

Is she wearing two loving baseball hats

I didn’t see it before but apparently yes