Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

AkumaHokoru posted:

Yes i know its rough but that one is a slur from black people against black people who sold those black people out to slave owners. so yeah. its rough but its what we call em the other terms are just as steeped in old timey racism there is no modern term other than maybe sellout but thats too light for this brand of bullshit.

Do people not say Uncle Tom for that

Is that less or more severe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

uncle tom to ground control

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

"All the previous blatantly racist stuff in his life was fine, but this is just a step too far!"

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Stefan Prodan posted:

Do people not say Uncle Tom for that

Is that less or more severe

Hrm...uncle tom is for a person who would be saying the same poo poo as trump.
in this case the guy doesn't say the poo poo trump says but had previously believed trump wasn't who he has always been.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
We've got a hard R word for people like this guy

Retard

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

ElGroucho posted:

We've got a hard R word for people like this guy

Retard

Je Suis Attardé

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

AkumaHokoru posted:

we call them coons in the community. there are usually 2 reasons someone coons like this. fear or ignorance. some people get republicanthink in their head and believe if they try to be one of the good ones they wont encounter racism. some are so scared of encountering racism they try to play like they are above it but in reality are trying to avoid it.

idc what color you are this is a pretty bad post

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
havin a normal one today

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Al! posted:

white people getting mad at black people using what they precieve as slurs necause they dont realize the poster is black is a very internet phenomenon and is very funny

al! I hope you can understand why it would be a bad thing to have a flag or indicator or something about whether a poster was confirmed black or not before we probate for slurs

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
turnp is a cracker

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
why did the black guy get probabted for saying a word he can say?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

why did the black guy get probabted for saying a word he can say?

sry I'll add him to a running list of "black posters" so I know who will and won't get probated

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
okay that was too flippant

but here's the deal (without derailing the thread too much)

it's a big problem because of modern day language and a word having different weights based on cultural history (i.e. whether or not white people who are known in the past/current as racist slave owners are using) but I'm in a position where I can't take the time to validate skin color or ask around if it's ok for X person to use n-word/c-word/whatever. I didn't queue a ban specifically because of this situation, so I thought splitting the difference with a sixer and asking you guys not to do this would be enough

I'm honestly not sure how to handle it so I picked the least bad option

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

got any sevens posted:

turnp is a cracker

I also hope you guys can understand why I'm not going to probate for stuff like this but will react to racist slurs against black people in posts

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

furiously updating cspam.xls so i know which slurs each poster can say

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
anyway it's being taken to PMs and discussed there so back to talking about demon cracker nation and how trump is killing them one by one I guess

as you were

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

I also hope you guys can understand why I'm not going to probate for stuff like this but will react to racist slurs against black people in posts

ya i get it and agree wit u

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

furiously updating cspam.xls so i know which slurs each poster can say

LG has a blanket C-word pass, given that we both called Pelosi that and I ate a 6er (not mad)(kinda mad)

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

OnceAndFuture DILF posted:

uncle tom to ground control

Shaffness
Jan 15, 2001

got any sevens posted:

ya i get it and agree wit u

As a cracker rear end honkey I say slurs against white people are always ok, we deserve it for the next ohhhh...500 years.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Shaffness posted:

...500 years.

Thanks. I needed some optimism today. :unsmith:

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
probably we should make a system where you upload your driver's license picture to the mods and then when you post a big flag that says "N-WORD PASS" appears under their name so they know who's allowed

just common sense

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

emailing the mods my 23 and me results so i can call the op a wop

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
no seriously move on :ughh:

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Chokes McGee posted:

no seriously move on :ughh:

I saw some people at the clinic today. Some of us probably voted for trump. Some of us are probably going to die soon. I thought of this thread on the bus home.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Polyseme posted:

I saw some people at the clinic today. Some of us probably voted for trump. Some of us are probably going to die soon. I thought of this thread on the bus home.

that's better

:smith:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm back boys, with more hard Rs

Like Redundant

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
im an ally! im an ally! i keep screaming pelosishly

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

fits my needs posted:

im an ally! im an ally! i keep screaming pelosishly

Then you understand why we must do this.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

ElGroucho posted:

I'm back boys, with more hard Rs

Like Redundant

you gotta roll the r’s:

puerrrrto rrrrrredundantttttt

old.flv
Jan 28, 2017

A good lad who likes his Anna's.
we just need a N-WORD PASS gang-tag to mark..er I mean let others know when it's okay

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
We need another season of who is america.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

old.flv posted:

we just need a N-WORD PASS gang-tag to mark..er I mean let others know when it's okay

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

a disturbing uptick in anime avatars lately in my thread, hmmmmmmmmm, what could this mean?*

*zegermans' avatar counts as anime sorry but the council has decreed

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
the thread belongs to the people

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Agronox posted:

the thread belongs to the people

correct, no cartoons allowed, I figure as long as a.lo doesn't find start in on this thread I have power levels enough to keep this thread pure and free of perverse and degenerate anime influences

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Please do not post Mr. Popo.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
drat cant even have a little privilege without someone crying about wanting to say the n word huh. its like a high school party all over again

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oh dear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Epic High Five posted:

correct, no cartoons allowed, I figure as long as a.lo doesn't find start in on this thread I have power levels enough to keep this thread pure and free of perverse and degenerate anime influences
You have a gang tang with a dancing anime girl and your av is the creator of Neon Genesis Evanescence, Jesus Christ