Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

I need some more goal scoring to round out my top line so I'll take Evander Kane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

lazerwolf (11:43 am EST)
Ergo Propter Hog
fawning deference
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE

Just so it isn't lost on the last page.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black
Vegas selected Ondrej Kase

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Uhhh gently caress uhh Zdeno Chara

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

As we are almost 25% through the draft, I think it's time for some super small sample analysis and resulting hot takes.

2018/19 goals scored by team.

pre:
JawKnee	164
VOTE1	157
lazerwolf	148
El Gallinero Gros	146
Yaya	140
FBS	135
EL BROMANCE	135
Jordan7hm	133
Zodijackylite	125
mentholmoose	125
Good Soldier Svejk	124
Drunk Canuck	123
corn on the cop	119
stab	118
eXXon	117
Kuule hain nussivan	115
ThinkTank	115
Boomer the Cannon	114
Kilza	111
T-Bone	111
Jamwad Hilder	111
Teemu Pokemon	105
Ginette Reno	93
Thufir	90
Jonathan Fisk	88
fawning deference	83
rex rabidorum vires	82
WeaponX	82
i am the bird	66
HootTheOwl	66
Ergo Propter Hog	66
Obviously number of forwards selected so far is a big factor here, but interesting to a 100 goal difference from top to bottom. Will be interesting to see if there if the top and bottom of the list are able to balance their lineups or will we end up with rather one dimensional teams.

Obviously if you cant win by scoring, you have to win the fight. Who is the dirtiest so far? Who needs to note that Tom Wilson is still on the board?

2018/19 Penalty Minutes Per Team. (Gritness index)
pre:
FBS	325
Zodijackylite	285
lazerwolf	268
mentholmoose	253
Thufir	230
Jordan7hm	218
Kilza	210
Boomer the Cannon	208
WeaponX	196
Ergo Propter Hog	193
Yaya	190
Kuule hain nussivan	185
stab	184
Good Soldier Svejk	182
rex rabidorum vires	182
El Gallinero Gros	173
JawKnee	173
Jonathan Fisk	173
Jamwad Hilder	171
Drunk Canuck	170
VOTE1	167
Teemu Pokemon	164
corn on the cop	148
Ginette Reno	146
T-Bone	137
ThinkTank	132
eXXon	127
EL BROMANCE	120
HootTheOwl	120
fawning deference	79
i am the bird	52

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Check the corsi

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

VOTE1 posted:

pre:
FBS	325

hell yeah

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

lazerwolf posted:

This is a great pick and I'm mad you took him.

Edit: Ergo Propter Hog - Noon EST I think
fawning deference
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE
points 2 Teemu

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 23, 2019

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

lazerwolf posted:

good pick

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

not a good pick

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

rex rabidorum vires posted:

This is a great pick and I'm mad you took him.

Edit: Ergo Propter Hog - Noon EST I think
fawning deference
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE
points 2 Teemu

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Check the corsi

There are many days left, almost as many as columns on hockeyreference..

And agree on Ondrej being a good pick

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
I will never scroll up coward.

fawning deference - 12:09 EST
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE
points 2 Teemu
eXXon

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Jamwad Hilder posted:

good pick

not a good pick

Unless i calculated wrong, I only have 2.5 million left per pick so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Unless i calculated wrong, I only have 2.5 million left per pick so  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I say this as a fan: he's old and not good anymore, almost entirely propped up by McAvoy, and there are honestly probably 50 defensemen that would have been a better use of money. But he does have intangibles I suppose.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Marian Hossa and Rick DiPietro are still available, even

You only need one coach.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

VOTE1 posted:

As we are almost 25% through the draft, I think it's time for some super small sample analysis and resulting hot takes.

2018/19 goals scored by team.

pre:
JawKnee	164
VOTE1	157
lazerwolf	148
El Gallinero Gros	146
Yaya	140
FBS	135
EL BROMANCE	135
Jordan7hm	133
Zodijackylite	125
mentholmoose	125
Good Soldier Svejk	124
Drunk Canuck	123
corn on the cop	119
stab	118
eXXon	117
Kuule hain nussivan	115
ThinkTank	115
Boomer the Cannon	114
Kilza	111
T-Bone	111
Jamwad Hilder	111
Teemu Pokemon	105
Ginette Reno	93
Thufir	90
Jonathan Fisk	88
fawning deference	83
rex rabidorum vires	82
WeaponX	82
i am the bird	66
HootTheOwl	66
Ergo Propter Hog	66
Obviously number of forwards selected so far is a big factor here, but interesting to a 100 goal difference from top to bottom. Will be interesting to see if there if the top and bottom of the list are able to balance their lineups or will we end up with rather one dimensional teams.

Obviously if you cant win by scoring, you have to win the fight. Who is the dirtiest so far? Who needs to note that Tom Wilson is still on the board?

pre:
FBS	325
Zodijackylite	285
lazerwolf	268
mentholmoose	253
Thufir	230
Jordan7hm	218
Kilza	210
Boomer the Cannon	208
WeaponX	196
Ergo Propter Hog	193
Yaya	190
Kuule hain nussivan	185
stab	184
Good Soldier Svejk	182
rex rabidorum vires	182
El Gallinero Gros	173
JawKnee	173
Jonathan Fisk	173
Jamwad Hilder	171
Drunk Canuck	170
VOTE1	167
Teemu Pokemon	164
corn on the cop	148
Ginette Reno	146
T-Bone	137
ThinkTank	132
eXXon	127
EL BROMANCE	120
HootTheOwl	120
fawning deference	79
i am the bird	52

Not worried because this is missing 200+ games played from three of my dudes so far.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
check the win shares coward

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Wow, did not expect Kase to be picked this early. I was hoping to snag him later.

Anyway, I need a D before they all run out, so I'll finish my first pair up with Damon Severson, a really good young puck mover on a good contract. He took on a bigger role last year and played over 22 mins a game. I think he will keep getting better.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
drat, wanted severson. Good pick

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

fawning deference posted:

Wow, did not expect Kase to be picked this early. I was hoping to snag him later.

Anyway, I need a D before they all run out, so I'll finish my first pair up with Damon Severson, a really good young puck mover on a good contract. He took on a bigger role last year and played over 22 mins a game. I think he will keep getting better.

Trade me Klingberg and you can have Kase

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Risto Ristoleinen

Because he scores points and his contract is fine.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Florida Panthers trip the NY Islanders and take Ryan Pulock

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Selecting for Teemu Pokemon, Sami Vatanen

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mikael Granlund didn't have the best time in Nashville but he's a solid playmaker who's good for 60ish points and can play center if needed. He should mesh well with Barkov.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

EL BROMANCE posted:

The Florida Panthers trip the NY Islanders and take Ryan Pulock

Good pick, I was debating between him and Spurgeon.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I'm going to pick Ryan Donato. He wasn't able to stick with the real life Bruins but showed he could score when he got the opportunity in Minnesota, he also lead team USA in goal scoring at the 2018 Olympics. I think he's due to break out now that he's got his chance. He has a good shot and he shoots the puck a ton, like honestly a shitload, more than almost anyone in the league. He's a natural center but can play any of the forward positions. I am making him my second line RW, maybe throw him on the blueline on the PP since I'm apparently not taking any defensemen.

Ehlers - Dubois- Kucherov
X - Backstom - Donato

Hellebuyck

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
defensemen are overrated

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Need to add some cheap ELCs and a young scoring winger. Aurora, Ontario's Robert Thomas had an excellent 19-year-old season, flashing plus-playmaking ability and figures to be an important contributor moving forward.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

mentholmoose posted:

Good pick, I was debating between him and Spurgeon.

you made a very good choice

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I'm going to pick Ryan Donato. He wasn't able to stick with the real life Bruins but showed he could score when he got the opportunity in Minnesota, he also lead team USA in goal scoring at the 2018 Olympics. I think he's due to break out now that he's got his chance. He has a good shot and he shoots the puck a ton, like honestly a shitload, more than almost anyone in the league. He's a natural center but can play any of the forward positions. I am making him my second line RW, maybe throw him on the blueline on the PP since I'm apparently not taking any defensemen.

11 shots per 60. 3 other players left on the board are equal or better than that (Kase is13 I think) he also shot 5.22% this past season. He's a really interesting player though because despite all those shots his fancies in Boston weren't very good even with his 60% o-zone deployment. Even in Minny his xG is basically 50/50 too.

And during this little interlude it appears it is the Hurricane's turn to pick. With our 6th pick in this draft we would like to select Jason Zucker. Offering a solid 9 shots/60 and 1.37 pts/60 Zucker posts excellent shot, zone entrance, exit, and xGF stats. While his point totals to date haven't hit the heights many would have liked, he is a quality contributor who we think will benefit from playing with Schwartz and Matthews.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

corn on the cop posted:

Need to add some cheap ELCs and a young scoring winger. Aurora, Ontario's Robert Thomas had an excellent 19-year-old season, flashing plus-playmaking ability and figures to be an important contributor moving forward.

He’s no Tage Thompson!

- Jason Botterill

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

rex rabidorum vires posted:

11 shots per 60. 3 other players left on the board are equal or better than that (Kase is13 I think) he also shot 5.22% this past season. He's a really interesting player though because despite all those shots his fancies in Boston weren't very good even with his 60% o-zone deployment. Even in Minny his xG is basically 50/50 too.

Are you only counting shots on net? Because he attempts shots at a higher rate than most, he's at 19.1 shot attempts per 60 at 5v5 which is more than guys like Matthews, Ovechkin, and Tarasenko. Not that he'll ever score at their level, but he's a very high volume shooter and as you noted, his shooting percentage was low. More minutes, more of his shots going on net, shooting even league average, maybe some PP time? I think he could score 25+.

That said Kase is the player I really wanted here since he does all these things even better and also has a better overall skill set imo.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Are you only counting shots on net? Because he attempts shots at a higher rate than most, he's at 19.1 shot attempts per 60 at 5v5 which is more than guys like Matthews, Ovechkin, and Tarasenko. Not that he'll ever score at their level, but he's a very high volume shooter and as you noted, his shooting percentage was low. More minutes, more of his shots going on net, shooting even league average, maybe some PP time? I think he could score 25+.

That said Kase is the player I really wanted here since he does all these things even better and also has a better overall skill set imo.

Yes I am :) basing this off of the individual shots/60 metric via Natural Stat Trick which is defined as 'shots on net and goals outside of the shootout'. What stands out to me....staring at numbers as I do and admittedly having not watching a ton of Donato is that he's above water on scoring chances and below water (48.5% to 51.5%) on High Dangers. Natural's model really likes high dangers which is why he's slightly below 50% xGF 5v5. Interestingly Hockey Reference's puts him at a 53.4% xGF. With these words scribbled if you projected a full 82 games at his shot rate from Minny and then said he shot 10% instead of his 7.2% he'd hit 24.6 so maybe with some power play time he might crack 25. The high danger chances are holding him back.

Since we're mentioning Kase the vague breakdown (all 5v5 numbers):

Donato - 11.2 shot/60 (9.28 with Boston), .78 xGF/60 (.69), 8.58 Scoring Chance/60 (8.04), and 3.56 High Danger/60 (3.22) So across the board improvements, but
Kase - 10.54 shot/60 (12.8 this season), .92 xGF/60 (1.11), 9.68 SC/60 (12.3), and 4 High danger (5.31)

Obvious things....Kase took a huge step forward last season and it's a huge shame he got hurt. I guess the thing about Donato is in Boston who was he 'stealing' those shots from vs in Minnesota. Where as with Kase it should be 'Here's the puck do your thing'

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I'm gonna go with Samuel Girard

Connor-MacKinnon-
-Hischier-

Morrisey-Ekblad
Girard-

Very Young, Very Fancy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm gonna take Brian Dumoulin

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Good afternoon, people of Armchair Quarterback. The St Louis Blues are pleased to announce that with the 186th pick in the 2019 SAS Fantasy draft that we have rounded out our core with Vezina finalist, and therefore about to get a huge bump in his digital performance numbers: Robin Lehner.
With the next pick we have decided to go about securing some leadership for our team. To find someone worthy of this franchise, and you, the fans of St Louis we found last year's Jack Adams trophy winning coach Barry Trotz. We hope that with these acquisitions we send a strong message that we will be competing for months to come and have high hopes for this season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Penguins need some size, grit, moxie, and truculence. Give me Shea Weber.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Jordan Binnington you cowards

Connor-MacKinnon-
-Hischier-

Morrisey-Ekblad
Girard-

Binnington

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

With their 7th pick the Carolina Hurricanes would like to select Phillip Grubauer. Posting a career .921 sv%, .616 quality start ratio, 2.39 GAA, consistent sub 100 goals allowed relative to league goals allowed, ~8.6 goals saved above average over the last 3 years, and 6.5/6.8 points earned in the standings due to his contribution. While some goalies might have higher ceilings or have had single seasons better than Phil the organization thinks Grubauer will be an excellent starting point to build around.