Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Uncle Ulty posted:

He was investigated, gave testimony, denied any wrongdoing, and was never charged. Therefore he was innocent.

So that means they believe Hillary was innocent too, right?

The Fort Pillow Massacre was Fake News!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I will never get over “actually the confederacy was good but THEY don’t want you to know that the Democrats did the confederacy” poo poo.

How do you not see how stupid that line is

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I will never get over “actually the confederacy was good but THEY don’t want you to know that the Democrats did the confederacy” poo poo.

:umberto:

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Hardcore conspiracy theorists believe in multiple mutually exclusive conspiracies.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

“The nazis weren’t racist and holocaust never happened and when we do it again we’ll kill all of you this time!”

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Churches Promise Sanctuary From Migrant Sweeps [Los Angeles]

quote:

To: Olog-hai
These are not Christian churches.

2 posted on 7/14/2019, 10:18:02 PM by fieldmarshaldj (Who will think of the gerbils ? Just say no to Buttgiggity !)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

The story quotes Guillermo Torres with Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice

quote:

I know “One Weird Rope Trick” that would leave Guillermo here gasping in astonishment...

4 posted on 7/14/2019, 10:20:00 PM by kiryandil (The Media & the DNC tells you who you're gonna vote for. We chose Trump.)

quote:

Time for these criminal enterprises to start paying taxes on all their income and real estate.

8 posted on 7/14/2019, 10:38:14 PM by AlaskaErik

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

These people would proudly and knowingly crucify the risen Lord Jesus Christ himself and consider themselves true Christians the entire time.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Nothing more Christian than denying aid to the downtrodden, I guess?

Is Freep actually quiet or is just the freep thread here quiet lately? I never go there (and bless you brave souls who do), but this thread has gotten really quiet lately and I'm curious.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Freep is just as busy as ever. This thread is just redundant because there's a freeper in the White House and the right has homogenized into all being the same basic type of rear end in a top hat.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
its really just the same poo poo all day, linking to far right non-legit news sites then getting into a temporary hissy fit over it

the trump love is wearing thin as far as i can tell, but there are still some true believers, i wish i had my desktop here and not in my storage unit so i could fire up the freep scraper again, and get some measurable numbers if the posting has actually gone down in the last ~4-6 months.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Freep isnt as fascinating as it once was. Its like a weird relic for old timers but its not attracting new blood, they all goto reddit, YouTube or 4chan. Its dying a slow death and unfortunately you can find the same sorts of posts on your racist uncle's facebook page so its like, why walk to the river when you got the well in your backyard?

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

The Black Woman Who Will Be The Next 007

quote:

To: Enlightened1
Licensed to Kill erections

12 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:07:09 AM by montag813

quote:

You Only Want to Die Twice

17 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:09:54 AM by gaijin

quote:

To: montag813
Nausia Is Forever

19 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:10:45 AM by gaijin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 12 | View Replies]

quote:

The Spy Who Disgusted Me

20 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:11:59 AM by gaijin

quote:

Never Say Watermelon Again

22 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:12:29 AM by gaijin

quote:

Octoherpes

23 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:12:45 AM by gaijin

quote:

From Compton With Love

30 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:15:04 AM by gaijin

quote:

To: gaijin
On His Majesty’s Repo Service

37 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:17:17 AM by gaijin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

And my favorite:

quote:

To: gaijin
Dr. HELL NAW!

41 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:18:35 AM by gaijin
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

If I was racist this would actually be really funny.

yorkinshire
Apr 28, 2009

In space no one can hear your dope beats.
Discord channels are the new cesspools.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
The Trump love on Freep seems to be wearing thin, but in a weird way. Although there are some posters whom it is slowly dawning on that Trump has been playing them this whole time, a lot more are frustrated with him that he hasn't gone full-dictator yet. Like, that's why they elected him, so they are wondering why he's waiting so long to crush their enemies. I've seen several different Freepers call on Trump to go "full Pinochet," usually in regards to LGBT issues, which sure is troubling.

But, yes, overall Freep isn't as funny as it used to be, mostly because our big dumb President makes them so happy, so they've turned back into flag-waving patriots. Freep was at its funniest when people were having meltdowns, calling for revolution, and lamenting the death of America at the idea of a black president eating mustard or daring to put his feet up on a desk. Now it's mostly just 20 posts of "Haha, YES, another #win for Trump!" on positive articles, and 40 responses of "Shut UP snowflakes, you lost!! Thank you President Trump!!!" on negative ones.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Peak freep reading for me was right after Obergfell. So many of them just gave up completely and that made me so incredibly happy.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

RagnarokAngel posted:

Freep isnt as fascinating as it once was. Its like a weird relic for old timers but its not attracting new blood, they all goto reddit, YouTube or 4chan. Its dying a slow death and unfortunately you can find the same sorts of posts on your racist uncle's facebook page so its like, why walk to the river when you got the well in your backyard?

Yeah, this. Freep's style of bigotry and hate was the barely-covert type from back in the W administration, despite how much they now claim to never have really trusted him or thought he was a real conservative. They're too old and fossilized to adapt to style of their alt-right successors, and given that they're already too cowardly to go outside and risk seeing a non-white person one can only imagine how fast they'd rascal away from actual Antifa.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Twelve by Pies posted:

Also I do like the idea from that quote that England shouldn't declare slavery illegal in the colonies because...uh...the slaves would become suspicious of them and get angry, or something.

Historically, if they had made slavery illegal in the 13 colonies, we would have an even muddier origin for the USA. Could you imagine if Slavery was enshrined as the sole catalyst of the revolution? I know the risk of it being banned was one of the less talked about causes, but just imagine the USA literally being primarily founded to ensure the survival of slavery.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

quote:

(Who will think of the gerbils ? Just say no to Buttgiggity !)

This is astonishingly homophobic even for Freep. Just, drat.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

wilderthanmild posted:

Historically, if they had made slavery illegal in the 13 colonies, we would have an even muddier origin for the USA. Could you imagine if Slavery was enshrined as the sole catalyst of the revolution? I know the risk of it being banned was one of the less talked about causes, but just imagine the USA literally being primarily founded to ensure the survival of slavery.

While Parliamentary discussions concerning slavery were a thing and were paid attention to by colonials, particularly in Virginia and the Carolinas, it really isn't comparable to what came later in the nineteenth century, both as attitudes toward slavery were very different (the Necessary Evil/gradual extinction school of thought being predominant and the later perpetual/Benevolent Good ideas not really existing yet), and also as abolitionist agitation back in Britain was still very much a vocal minority (though a growing one).

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Originally the Declaration of Independence had a line critical of slavery but Southerners bitched so it was taken out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

While Parliamentary discussions concerning slavery were a thing and were paid attention to by colonials, particularly in Virginia and the Carolinas, it really isn't comparable to what came later in the nineteenth century, both as attitudes toward slavery were very different (the Necessary Evil/gradual extinction school of thought being predominant and the later perpetual/Benevolent Good ideas not really existing yet), and also as abolitionist agitation back in Britain was still very much a vocal minority (though a growing one).

This came up in the milhist thread when responding to a pretty ridiculous article claiming that we'd have been better off not declaring independence. Among many dodgy claims was that slavery would have been ended earlier, citing Britain abolishing slavery across the whole empire in the 1830s. The problem is slavery was mainly abolished because it was no longer profitable enough to justify and the government simply paid off all the slaveowners to release their slaves. The development of improved cotton processing in the 1840s, on the other hand, made slavery in the United States so profitable that the Southern economy became completely dependent on the institution. The wealthy white plantation owners were so adamant about maintaining their wealth and status that they fought a war over it.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

pookel posted:

This is astonishingly homophobic even for Freep. Just, drat.

The naked homophobia on Freep has ramped up significantly recently. It's probably due to a variety of factors, but the Drag Queen Story Hour scaremongering has switched a lot of freepers over from "grumble grumble shoved down our throats grumble" to "THEY'RE PEDOPHILES AFTER OUR KIDS, GET 'EM!" Slurs are unmoderated, and threats that "slip through" are becoming more common.

Case in point!

Radical Lesbian Star Rapinoe Drops F-bomb in front of Children, tweets 'Gays Better than Straight'

quote:

To: Roman_War_Criminal
Better at what is the question. As long as crap like this is not only tolerated, but adored and worshiped, it will continue and get worse.When it is no longer tolerated, it will cease. If you think this year was bad, wait until next year. Better hide your children.

25 posted on 7/14/2019, 5:23:06 PM by sport

quote:

May an asteroid fly down from the heavens and squash her down to her real size and not the one in her head.

38 posted on 7/14/2019, 5:31:53 PM by Boomer

quote:

Disgusting, repugnant human filth.

40 posted on 7/14/2019, 5:35:35 PM by chris37 (Monday, March 25 2019 is Maga Day!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

Dip her in fish emulsion...she might smell better.

59 posted on 7/14/2019, 5:59:06 PM by jetson

quote:

400 years ago this detestable scrunt would have been burned as a witch.

64 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:14:44 PM by sevlex
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies

quote:

I’ve added her to my list of graves on which to piss!! I’ll squat to pee just in her honor too.

65 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:16:03 PM by Levy78

quote:

What else should we expect from child molesters?

73 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:33:51 PM by CodeToad ( Hating on Trump is hating on me and Americans!)

quote:

To: JudgemAll
Pure animal and a slave to her animal instincts. Sad, really.

95 posted on 7/14/2019, 8:49:26 PM by richardtavor
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies]

quote:

Some girls just need a punch in the mouth.

99 posted on 7/14/2019, 10:15:30 PM by 60Gunner (The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men. - Plato)

quote:

To: HotKat
Put her on milk cartons,
Missing.
No one will look for her!

Too bad her parents weren’t gay, she wouldn’t be here!

Also, Lesbos use dildos during sex (sodomy). Must NEED a man! Hee hee

110 posted on 7/15/2019, 9:00:18 AM by buffyt ( It's not a choice, it is a child. FETUS means CHILD or OFFSPRING!!!!!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 94 | View Replies]

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Weird how freepers are able to go into graphic detail about the mechanics of gay sex when it's two men yet never heard of tribbing.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene

Crunch Buttsteak posted:

The naked homophobia on Freep has ramped up significantly recently. It's probably due to a variety of factors, but the Drag Queen Story Hour scaremongering has switched a lot of freepers over from "grumble grumble shoved down our throats grumble" to "THEY'RE PEDOPHILES AFTER OUR KIDS, GET 'EM!" Slurs are unmoderated, and threats that "slip through" are becoming more common.

Case in point!

Radical Lesbian Star Rapinoe Drops F-bomb in front of Children, tweets 'Gays Better than Straight'

I love Megan's ability to piss off every old, white, straight conservative ever.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

quote:

I’ve added her to my list of graves on which to piss!! I’ll squat to pee just in her honor too. 

65 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:16:03 PM by Levy78 

The assumption of a Freeper that he will outlive a peak-conditioned athlete in her 30s is really giving me the giggles.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

chitoryu12 posted:

This came up in the milhist thread when responding to a pretty ridiculous article claiming that we'd have been better off not declaring independence. Among many dodgy claims was that slavery would have been ended earlier, citing Britain abolishing slavery across the whole empire in the 1830s. The problem is slavery was mainly abolished because it was no longer profitable enough to justify and the government simply paid off all the slaveowners to release their slaves. The development of improved cotton processing in the 1840s, on the other hand, made slavery in the United States so profitable that the Southern economy became completely dependent on the institution. The wealthy white plantation owners were so adamant about maintaining their wealth and status that they fought a war over it.

Economic arguments for slavery's eventual demise in the US ignore the social realities of how, unlike in much/most of Britain's colonies, slavery was the bedrock upon which all Southern white society was built and how Southern attitudes toward labor itself were molded around the concept that working for a living at best something distasteful that whites should only do as long as they needed to build up the money to buy enough slaves to do it for them. Similarly, such arguments ignore how the planter aristocracy were explicit anti-capitalist (despite engaging with the capitalist North) due to their pseudo-feudal worldview, and thus willing to ignore economic practicalities in service of romanticism.

Similarly, British abolitionism carried with it an unspoken "or else hang as a traitor to the crown" at the end of the offers of compensated emancipation, which certainly would have driven the planter class into rebellion had they somehow still be under the Union Jack in 1830.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Also, Lesbos use dildos during sex (sodomy). Must NEED a man! Hee hee

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

o: Roman_War_Criminal
400 years ago this detestable scrunt would have been burned as a witch.

64 posted on 7/14/2019, 6:14:44 PM by sevlex
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies

Don’t you bring the scrunts into this you hateful ghoul, they’re great and so is Rapinoe :mad:

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Ubiquitous_ posted:

I love Megan's ability to piss off every old, white, straight conservative ever.

Yeah, I had no idea who she even was before the World Cup and she's fast becoming one of my personal heroes for this alone.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Freep nowadays is pretty much just the most vile bigotry possible and constant slapfights over who loves Trump more, neither of which I really feel needs to shared.

We All Wanted to Love the Women's Soccer Team

The USWNT on the other hand is the gift that keeps on giving. :allears:

quote:

To: Kaslin

Oh those lesbians, like the blacks and racism they just cant get passed their stupidity

2 posted on 07/16/2019 3:02:53 AM PDT by ronnie raygun (nicdip.com)

O... kay?

quote:

Trannies > dykes. Bring it.

6 posted on 07/16/2019 3:18:37 AM PDT by mindburglar (Stupid is supposed to hurt. - Lurkers Granddad.)

quote:

To: riverrunner

I agree with you and disagree with the title of the article.
I never wanted to like the soccer team.
I really don’t care about pro sports in general. I absolutely despise athletes that think that their popularity somehow gives them wisdom.
The entire women’s soccer team supports this attitude or Rapinoe(sp) would have been kicked off the team. They are all traitors and none of them are worth a drat.

7 posted on 07/16/2019 3:19:29 AM PDT by CPONav
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

There is one word for the US Women’s Team. Entitled. In 10 years the team will be dominated by biological guys. Fewer people in the world will be watching. And they still will be playing at a high school level. It will be sad when the biological males get paid as much as males that are good at soccer.

12 posted on 07/16/2019 3:31:58 AM PDT by poinq

quote:

To: BobL

The NBA/WNBA arrangement is nothing different than the corporate world today; companies have to hire their allotted quota of females and preferred ethnic minorities or lose millions in lawsuits.

The whole push to get these “preferred” people into STEM is driven by the fact that companies can point to qualifications/merit as the reason for their white/Asian male workforces; it is falling flat because these people want “jobs” (read: paychecks), not “work”.

14 posted on 07/16/2019 3:35:42 AM PDT by kearnyirish2 (Affirmative action is economic warfare against white males (and therefore white families).)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 11 | View Replies]

So very not mad here!

quote:

To: JonPreston; All

"It takes a lot for people like me not to root for an American team. But Megan Rapinoe, the foul-mouthed star of the team, and her fellow players made it possible."

_________

That arrogant, sleazebag lesbian and cohorts were worthless to me.

Actually, the only thing I ever saw them make were penalty kicks for who knows what infraction.

That team was not that good.

And Meggiepoo The Repulsive Rapirhino is puke worthy.

18 posted on 07/16/2019 3:39:30 AM PDT by a little elbow grease (... to err is human, to admit it divine ...)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 5 | View Replies]

quote:

To: mindburglar

Yep. We need to replace the lesbians with fake women.

A MIDDLE SCHOOL - not high school mind you, middle school - group of boys defeated the U.S. national team in a scrimmage a few years back.

Trannies would absolutely destroy the U.S. national team. Would be fun to watch.

If women athletes want equal pay, go play the men. They get less pay because they generate less viewers and are performing at an inferior level than men.

19 posted on 07/16/2019 3:40:29 AM PDT by TigerClaws
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

les bean freaks who fail Christians.
To hell with the USNWT.
Bunch of bitchy woman.

21 posted on 07/16/2019 3:47:26 AM PDT by Joe Boucher ( Molon Labe' baby, Molon Labe)

quote:

You can expect Rapinoe to run for political office of some sort eventually. I can almost guarantee it.

28 posted on 07/16/2019 4:43:19 AM PDT by V_TWIN

quote:

I have a simple question for members of the women’s national soccer team: Why do you play on the NATIONAL team of a nation you despise. Are you just ungrateful parasites, or do you have some other intellectually defensible reason?

31 posted on 07/16/2019 4:51:01 AM PDT by TheConservativeBanker

Reminder that liberals are the real racists

quote:

I have sworn off all sports. I'm tired of illiterate ghetto thugs being worshipped like they could do anything other than put a round ball through a hoop. I'm tired of the corporate sanctioned treason inherent in these inbred boobs that permeate fools-ball.

And, lately, I'm really tired of looking at the face of a butt ugly, foul mouthed, waste of oxygen dyke who just happens to play a useless, globalist, commie sport.

Now, lemme go get another strong cup of coffee just to make sure my blood pressure is high.

33 posted on 07/16/2019 4:54:34 AM PDT by LouAvul

quote:

To: kearnyirish2

I work in electrical distribution design. The company has been hiring almost exclusively Blacks and Females.
I’m sure it will work out well...

34 posted on 07/16/2019 5:04:29 AM PDT by EEGator
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 14 | View Replies]

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd
Is Affirmative Action really a thing? My understanding is that if a company hires a majority over a minority, they just have to be able to justify the hire, even with something as flimsy as "their experience aligned more with our goals"

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

omnibobb posted:

Is Affirmative Action really a thing? My understanding is that if a company hires a majority over a minority, they just have to be able to justify the hire, even with something as flimsy as "their experience aligned more with our goals"

no it's not a thing no company hires like that

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I thought it was just a university admissions thing.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I've definitely at least heard of attempts to get it put in as internal policy for some organizations, although it's always progressive ones trying to counter unconscious bias rather than whatever conservatives think it is.

Some parts of the Green Party down here in Australia (where they're actually a fairly big deal), for example, have made some attempts to enact affirmative action policies to ensure that elected members and internal positions don't just by sheer chance happen to be dominated by older straight white guys.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

omnibobb posted:

Not the way they describe it. There were initially attempts at quotas for colleges and federal workers, but the Supreme Court ruled them unconstitutional a long time ago. Today, the intent is for general practices that avoid discrimination even when not obvious, like mandating an IQ test for a job and having a test that's biased for educated whites. Duke Power Company did that until 1971 when it was demonstrated in court that they were hiring white employees who didn't meet the requirement and their job performance was no different.

But because Freep lives in a permanent distorted 1950s, they think "affirmative action" means denying perfect, angelic white folk jobs and education in favor of the ghetto hordes.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So how are the chuds reacting to Mueller literally testifying under oath that TRIMP was not exonnerated?

Deep State? Fake News? La la la I can't hear you?

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Elephant Ambush posted:

So how are the chuds reacting to Mueller literally testifying under oath that TRIMP was not exonnerated?

Deep State? Fake News? La la la I can't hear you?

Well, one of the Republican congressmen basically said "I thought innocent until proven guilty was the law, so how can he be not exonerated if you didn't charge him?" My guess is that will be the line.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

I'm guessing "la la la la I can't hear you". Most Freepers are brain-broken enough to view Trump's tweets as gospel, and ignore anything in reality that would contradict them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Jurgan posted:

Well, one of the Republican congressmen basically said "I thought innocent until proven guilty was the law, so how can he be not exonerated if you didn't charge him?" My guess is that will be the line.
"Also, on a totally unrelated note, lock her up."