Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

dudeness posted:

Why make the rice and beans though? Just don't make her anything like she requested.

You don't want to actually NEGLECT your kid, just open the door they keep whining about. When they refuse to step through it, you've made your point. If they step through it anyway, either they fail and you've proven your point or they succeed and they're suddenly not your problem anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Whenever I see comic book images like this I never know if it's real or if it's a photoshop. :ohdear:

Also for the longest time I thought :ohdear: was a dude with a spider mouth. It made no sense but lots of things don't make sense on the internet, I just thought it was like some long lost forums in-joke or something.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

i vomit kittens posted:

wearing a burqa that covers my entire body except for my eyes and a slit that shows my holocaust remembrance number tattoo

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Whenever I see comic book images like this I never know if it's real or if it's a photoshop. :ohdear:

Also for the longest time I thought :ohdear: was a dude with a spider mouth. It made no sense but lots of things don't make sense on the internet, I just thought it was like some long lost forums in-joke or something.

I can't unsee that now and it's adorable. Cute little spider-smiley. Thank you.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Bruceski posted:

I can't unsee that now and it's adorable. Cute little spider-smiley. Thank you.

That would be this: :spidey:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Huh...first I've heard of spidermouth.

Most goons apparently think it's a guy with a couple big ol' buck teeth.

It's not, BTW. It's a little guy holding his hands up to his mouth in an "Oh dear" sort of way. Which is why it's coded as :ohdear

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DrBouvenstein posted:

Huh...first I've heard of spidermouth.

Most goons apparently think it's a guy with a couple big ol' buck teeth.

It's not, BTW. It's a little guy holding his hands up to his mouth in an "Oh dear" sort of way. Which is why it's coded as :ohdear

The name doesn't necessarily tell you what the smiley is about. Just ask my good friends :colbert: and :crossarms:

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
AITA because I refuse to spend money on my ex’s kids despite being well off?

quote:

I have a 16 year old son and he has 4 half siblings who are all younger than him. I was only ever with his mom for a brief period of time, and we both agreed prior to sleeping with each other that we were on the same page about not having a kid.

Obviously that didn’t work out because she got pregnant (I did practice safe sex and wore rubbers but hey, I’m a dad now anyway)I asked her to abort, she told me she’d changed her mind, and she kept the baby.

I wasn’t thrilled about being a dad, after paternity was established I set about paying child support and that was it. I had no intention of wanting to be in his life especially because my own parents had kicked me out and I was still a kid myself.

After a few months though I felt the need to be there and actually be a father, so I put aside my own feelings and put him first. we are incredibly close today and I’m so glad and grateful that I got to be his dad. I was 18 when I had him, and over the years I was lucky enough that I was able to become financially independent and in essence retire early so I’m able to give my son experiences that I never had.

He chose to live with me when he was 11, which was a huge sore spot for his mom, but he’d always beg prior to that because his brothers and sisters would break his stuff, and he’d get yelled at because he’s the oldest, etc.

His mom has always been courteous, but over the last few years she has become more and more resentful that my son gets more than her other kids. She is by no means poor, but obviously her resources are spread over 5 kids whereas mine is spread over 1.

It was his birthday last week and as a gift I bought him a car, which he’ll be needing soon anyway and which I’ve had the cash aside for for years. When his mom found out, she called me furiously on the phone and told me I that I’m a piece of poo poo for making her other kids feel bad, because I’ve ‘never spent a penny on them and every time he goes to visit it’s obvious his dad is spending money on him’ ... I snapped back and told her that what, she expects me to shell out on kids I have no obligation to just so she doesn’t feel bad?

She said that all the years of them seeing my son go on vacations, his clothes, his mannerisms (what?) etc made her and her kids feel bad, and she told me that I was selfish for having a fund for ONLY my son because none of her other kids will be able to afford college. I told her that’s an unfortunate reality for kids who have different parents and it is what it is.

She’s normally pretty level headed so I honestly have no idea why she thinks it’s acceptable to ask me to pay for her other kids too- I’ve never tried to flaunt anything via my kid, I just want him to have the best I can give him.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

HIJK posted:

Seems like a waste of food to make something she won’t eat. Just remind her she’s on her own and don’t make anything for her. She’s old enough to put her own dinner together.

She's old enough to have a part time job and pay for her own food, too.

I worked in a bakery from 16-18, though I really wish I hadn't needed to. It didn't leave me enough time to study so I slipped from 3rd in my class to 7th.

Anyway, bratty girl already makes her own breakfast and lunch. Her argument is that since the dad cooks for her brother, that he should cook for her too. Even though she's being terrible.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

ad090 posted:

This lady loving sucks. Eat poo poo bad mom

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

ad090 posted:

It's simple math. If she wanted her kids to do fun things, take vacations, and have new clothes, then she wouldn't have had 5 of them. Two is about the limit unless you're making large amounts of money.

We're only planning to have the one (hopefully, fingers crossed), because due to my wife's job we get a fair amount of opportunities to travel, and it would just be awesome to show our kid the world.

I was an only child until I was 9, and I've never quite gotten over the resentment of money suddenly being tight.

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for taking a disabled mans scooter?

This dude is an rear end in a top hat because he wrote "payed" instead of "paid" which I seem to be seeing everywhere on the internet these days, including these very forums. Unless you're talking about rope, it's paid.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fight Man is escalating to a climax?

I just lost a fight to two 13 year olds.

quote:

I was sitting in the Walmart parking lot smoking my cigarette and these two at the oldest 13 year old kids were riding their skateboards around and it slid out from one of them and it came about 2 inches from hitting my leg. There was a clear sign up that said no skateboards.

I told them that if their board hits me they will regret it. Apparently they took that as a challenge. Every couple minutes it’d come rolling right towards me and narrowly miss me. So. I grabbed it one of the times and started beating it against the side of the building. Both of them ran up and grabbed me. I was instantly angry. I pushed one of them off me and grabbed the other one by the throat. He punched me in the face. I staggered back against the wall. He punched me again. We were then in a wrestling match both pushing on each other. The other kid runs up and pushes on me two. They eventually force me to the ground and one of them gets me with a knee to the chin. My head whips back and bumps the building as well. A small crowd gathered and was watching and yelling at ME for this. I finally punch one of them right in the nose and he starts crying while the other one punches me. He punched me twice.

I’m more on the ground but slumped over against the wall while he has more leverage and is kinda above me punching me.

Finally an older guy probably mid 50s or so. Tall guy looks like he works out a bit but let his belly go. Walks over and grabs me with both hands and stands me up and pulls everyone apart. The two kids take off on their boards and the guy is basically screaming in my face asking why I’m attacking two little kids. I punch him straight in the nose. He lets out a grunt and kinda staggers back. I then kick him in the nuts and he falls forward I then kinda jump on him to get him on the ground and from there we are both wrestling on the ground. He’s screaming and then he finally grabs me by the throat and knees me in the stomach a couple times. I’m on the ground gasping for air while he’s still yelling at me hand still on my throat. Then another guy about the same size maybe a little smaller than him finally steps in and rips us apart and says that he’s called the police.

I immediately run as fast as I can in the condition I was in and I don’t know what happened from there. I left so I don’t know about any police or anything like that.

EDIT: The police are actually knocking on my door at the moment so I may be about to get arrested but I will update you all at some point. Someone must’ve taken down my plate number.

I was arrested last night for assault and numerous other charges.

quote:

Yesterday I got into a fight at Walmart. The post is in my post history. Anyway last night some police officers showed up to my house. I answered the door and they explained that I was under arrest for assault. I was instantly angry. While I do regret this now I quickly closed the door and locked it and told them to leave immediately. They stood there and we were at a stand still for a bit. I tried to quietly slip out my back door and hop into my car but as I was almost to my car they quickly saw me and ran at me. I got tackled by one of them. I punched him in the face and the other one grabbed me with both hands by the back of the throat and slammed me against my car and they both held me down til they finally got cuffs on me. I was taken down booked processed and all.

I was bailed this morning.

My charges:

Assault

Assault on a minor (2 counts)

Assault on a police officer (2 counts)

Resisting arrest

Possession of marijuana not more than 20 grams

Possession of controlled substance (LSD) 1 tab

Fleeing the scene of a crime

I am screwed I think guys. I’m in Georgia. I don’t know how much time all this accounts to but I think I’m looking at serious time here. I’m really scared and sad. My court is in about a month and a half.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
According to followup comments he's never even met the other kids. I think it would be different if he was still with her, and OP seems to agree with that as well, but as it stands I don't think he's the bad guy here.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

christmas boots posted:

According to followup comments he's never even met the other kids. I think it would be different if he was still with her, and OP seems to agree with that as well, but as it stands I don't think he's the bad guy here.

How could you possibly argue otherwise? We’ve seen an endless, lovely parade of piece of garbage dads; compared to them this guy is a loving saint, for once.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

areyoucontagious posted:

How could you possibly argue otherwise? We’ve seen an endless, lovely parade of piece of garbage dads; compared to them this guy is a loving saint, for once.

I miss our dedicated contrarians.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Fight Man edit: I am being executed right now, dying as I'm writing this, gonna update you guys later.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

AITA for giving a student zero on class attendance?

quote:

I'm a lab teacher at a university. One of the classes I teach consist of only group based assignments, so for a student to miss a lab class/lecture is a huge setback for their group. Attendance doesn't count towards their final grade but class contribution does (makes up 10% of the final grade).

I'd noticed that one student (18-20 M) had been coming to my lab classes 10-15 minutes late throughout the semester and had missed two lectures. I pulled him aside at told him it was unacceptable that he kept coming to my lab classes late & missed two of my lectures since it was detrimental for his group. He looked at me shellshocked and just nodded. Later on that night he sent me an email saying that he hadn't missed any of my lectures and that the only reason why he was late was because his Father was seriously ill (had a long term degenerative disorder similar to Alzheimer's) and that sometimes he had to take care of him in the mornings. He was also upset that I pulled him aside in front of everyone in the class since it was "humiliating" for him.

It turns out I accidentally mistook him for another student in my class (there are five-seven other asian male students). However I told him that he should've informed me of his family issues earlier on in the semester, and that I'd most likely be giving him a zero for class contribution as a result of his constant lateness. He responded stating that the same 2-3 people only ever contribute to the class discussion and it wasn't fair that I was going to give him a zero. I confided in my husband about the matter and he thinks I'm in the wrong. Reddit AITA here?

Edit: I'm not giving him a zero for his final grade, just for class contribution. Also it's either a Yes or No/0 or 100% thing, so I can't give him say, 40% for class contribution. And the university clearly states that any students with any personal problems should seek help from a counsellor and notify their teachers at the beginning of the semester.

Edit 2: Yes, I mistook him as another student who had missed 2 of my classes. I didn't intentionally identify him as someone else so I'm not sure why I'm being called racist or discriminative. I'm in charge of multiple classes so it's difficult remembering everyone's faces.This doesn't erase the fact that he was CONSTANTLY late to my classes throughout the semester. The classes are only 90 minutes long, so missing out on 15 minutes each week is a lot and hinders his group and their assessments.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

christmas boots posted:

No you don't.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry
I was instantly angry

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Why I oughta

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan

christmas boots posted:

I don’t miss them at all :colbert:

E; fb

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
RIP Fight Man. He will get killed in jail the first fight he gets into.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

DemoneeHo posted:

Maybe you shouldn't be grading on participation if you can't tell which student is which.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

DemoneeHo posted:

If the kid can show he knows his stuff on his homework/exams who gives a gently caress?

Also she's probably at least a bit racist.

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Time for sixbrownchicks to give us sixstories

https://mobile.twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1154070243301625856

https://mobile.twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1154070246602530816

https://mobile.twitter.com/SixBrownChicks/status/1154070250360594437

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
(she choked on ribs at a bbq)

That's how I want to go out. But like when I'm 90 or something.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Lol imagine being jealous of a literal baby.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Nah his Ultra Instinct is this close to kicking in

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

Nah his Ultra Instinct is this close to kicking in

“And this is to go even further beyond!”

*gets knifed by a six year old*

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

christmas boots posted:

“And this is to go even further beyond!”

*gets knifed by a six year old*

This, but the knife is a plastic spork.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

DemoneeHo posted:

just burn College to the ground already, for every one decent teacher there's 100 of this rear end in a top hat who is just there to get off on having power over people

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

-Carl Sagan
If I don’t get a goddamn Britax car seat right now I’m going to shoot this entire bag of heroin right in front of you loving people and ruin my own baby shower. Is that what you want to see?!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

DemoneeHo posted:

God drat what racist trash. "All Asians look the same and because you have a valid reason for being late every now and again you get a zero, gently caress you!"

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
If attendance is noted on the curriculum you really should let your professor know about your extenuating circumstances, but I just can't get past the racist part of it.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My future father-in-law told me that he plans to “cheat the system” to get unemployment benefits. Can I report him?

Michigan.

My future FIL is something else. He told me that he is tired of working his factory job, so he wants to quit and move to the middle of the country.

He plans on getting enough write-ups at work to get fired (opposed to quitting) so he can get unemployment benefits. I have tried telling him that getting fired most likely will disqualify him from getting it, but he’s convinced he can “cheat the system.”

Is this illegal/is this insurance fraud? If so, can I report him?

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Don’t worry, he’ll still keep posting fake stories about how he showed up in the afterlife and ended up getting his rear end kicked by St. Peter after an argument at the pearly gates.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My future father-in-law told me that he plans to “cheat the system” to get unemployment benefits. Can I report him?

"Future father-in-law" means you've still got time.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

MagusofStars posted:

Don’t worry, he’ll still keep posting fake stories about how he showed up in the afterlife and ended up getting his rear end kicked by St. Peter after an argument at the pearly gates.

Nah, I think Fight Man is probably subject to Buddhist cosmology, destined to reincarnate on the wheel of suffering eternally until he learns some impulse control.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

I want to ask my physiotherapist out but she’s a girl and so am I.

I attended 2 sessions of physio therapy with this girl and I am interested in asking her out for a coffee.

But the chances seem slim:

I’ve had little interactions besides physio related ones. So far just little jokes and laughs

We’re both Asians in Asian countries (more conservative)

I am very awkward and shy (she is probably too, from what I am feeling)

I do not know if she’s into girls

I do not know if she’s in a relationship

I do not know if she even like me

She probably does not even know I am interested in her

Next physio session will probably be the last

FYI, though it’s physio and there’re massaging (hurts like hell), there’s no sexual tension. It’s just these intriguing feelings I have for her

Any advice on how to pursue this without creeping her out?

tl;dr I want to ask my physiotherapist out for a coffee but there’s little to no clue