Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

MrYenko posted:

And that was years before the whole Top Gear thing where they wanted to do the The Ferrari/918/P1 trinity, and Ferrari basically took their ball and went home for like six months while Clarkson got fired.

Back when Chris Harris had a sense of humor too.

quote:

Chris Harris is a UK-based freelance car writer who once bought a 1995 512 TR but sold it when his mates called him Tubbs and put Jan Hammer on his iPod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

My favorite Ferrari story is the autoworkers assembling them drawing vaginas and poo poo in the door interiors and leaving cigarette butts underneath the trunk liner to spite the 1%ers buying them but this is a hazy memory of a C&D article or something from probably 25 years ago.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Random stuff from my HPDE at Pittsburg International.

GT3RS

RAM SRT out with the HPDE4 group.

:flashfap:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

bird with big dick posted:

My favorite Ferrari story is the autoworkers assembling them drawing vaginas and poo poo in the door interiors and leaving cigarette butts underneath the trunk liner to spite the 1%ers buying them but this is a hazy memory of a C&D article or something from probably 25 years ago.

I found a few butts hidden under some stuff in my Corolla. I thought Toyota paid their employees good because they're scared of unionizing? I guess maybe someone was mad at the 99%ers like me?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Just a rad photo tbh...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
:love:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
GDI I wish I had the disposable income and garage space to buy an AZ-1.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

MetaJew posted:

GDI I wish I had the disposable income and garage space to buy an AZ-1.

It really doesn't require all that much garage space...

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

How are you even supposed to garage something you'd be driving 24/7?

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Yep, that one's going in the desktop wallpaper rotation.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

n0tqu1tesane posted:

This is true...

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Yea, I was about to respond that in the worst case scenario you could build something to somehow put it above whatever is filling your garage

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
Just make sure you can fit in the things, but yeah they do own a whole lot.

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Just a rad photo tbh...

Vanishing Point: Kakermix edition

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006

thechalkoutline posted:

Yea, I was about to respond that in the worst case scenario you could build something to somehow put it above whatever is filling your garage

I mean that's my problem. My garage is only two cars wide if your cars don't have doors and the ceiling is barely 8 ft. I hate 90s Texas builders.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Very classical.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

redgubbinz posted:

A companion shot

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

redgubbinz posted:

:same:

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Olympic Mathlete posted:

A companion shot

I've seen them do this one in real life as well, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same AZ-1 owners club turning up wherever they can so they can make the tunnel of love. Love for rad cars.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

RillAkBea posted:

I've seen them do this one in real life as well, I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same AZ-1 owners club turning up wherever they can so they can make the tunnel of love. Love for rad cars.

Then they should get better at lining up perfectly because the more I look at the picture through the doors the more the slight offsets bug me. :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

What are you doing with your spare time today?

Guess again!

https://www.brazilianclassiccars.com

I think this is my favorite. A 1985 Gurgel XEF

it's the littlest Mercedes SEC :3:

Close second, the Gurgel G15

Powershift fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 26, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

This on those wheels is fiyaaaaaaa :3:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

oh my god i want a gurgel motomachine so bad

It's a real life lego car

https://carro.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-1274976898-gurgel-motomachine-tags-volkswagen-dacon-mini-puma-miura-_JM

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Society went wrong somewhere, we should all be tootling around in these tiny things, beeping our horns happily at each other because we're all friends and we're all off to the beach to hang out. :3:

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
Awesome wartime AI

https://jalopnik.com/citroen-sabotaged-wartime-nazi-truck-production-in-a-si-1836670685

quote:

what was brilliant was Boulanger’s idea to move the little notch on the trucks’ oil dipsticks that indicated the proper level of oil down just a bit lower.

By moving the notch down, the trucks would not have enough oil, but German mechanics would have no idea, because, hey, the little notch on the dipstick says its just fine. Then, after the truck has been used for a while and is out deployed somewhere crucial, whammo, the engine seizes up, and you’ve got a lot of angry, stranded, vulnerable Nazis, balling up their little fists and redly barking curses in German.

The comment section really nails it though

quote:

“Wow, amazing. NONE of the Citroen trucks lasted more than 3,000 miles and they all failed catastrophically! Congrats on the sabotage.”

“Qui . . . Sabotage. Yes, that's right. We . . . it was sabotage!"

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Artist's rendition of Powershift driving his newly imported Gurgel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWct_KYGRQo

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

I have heard that a bunch of Gurgel EVs were imported into the US Virgin Islands in the '80s.
There must be some still toodling around.

South America (or even the Americas south of the US) used to be a wildland of orphan auto brands and aging designs. Those Brazilian Chevy trucks were initially C-10 based, with it's redesigned model lasting through the '90s. A black Dodge Dart was the last thing you'd want to pull up in your driveway all through the Dirty War. Smaller manufacturers like Gurgel there built cars to work within laws governing local content percentage, emissions, and licence requirements. VAM in Mexico built AMC Spirits as the Gremlin from '79-83. That doesn't even touch the Germans. The DKW vans were built in Argentina for a good long time. Names you wouldn't expect to hear in an export market during the early '60s: Borgward, Auto Union, Hansa, Heinkel. My personal favorite is the Mexican Dodge Ramcharger version of the 2nd gen Ram.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I'm kinda into this...

https://twitter.com/FastestGeek_STI/status/1154969888244432896?s=09

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"hey, you rear ended my WRX with your SVX..... waaaaaaaaaaaait a minute :o:"

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

I'm... I'm not sure how I feel about this

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I know nothing about it but it's already my favorite.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Saw this old man working in my neighborhood. I love seeing old Iron put to work.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looks like an Apache STi

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

StormDrain posted:

Saw this old man working in my neighborhood. I love seeing old Iron put to work.

I can't help but hope and dream that the scoop is to help clear a 6-71 on top of a big block. I know it isn't, but I hope that it is.

Nothing But Hate
Oct 7, 2006
When night falls, she covers the world, in impenetrable darkness

I’m digging the gently caress out of this thank you

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I can't help but hope and dream that the scoop is to help clear a 6-71 on top of a big block. I know it isn't, but I hope that it is.

An ACTUAL 6-71 diesel engine would be cool too.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Jul 29, 2019

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning
These old things are just parked up in the lot behind the pub my friend manages.

Nobody knows who owns them or anything, locals / regulars reckon they have been sat for a decade or more but that could just be alcohol legend.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Holy poo poo

Can you smuggle those Leylands to Canada? I'm asking for a friend. My invisible friend. He loves those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Tow one down the street and see who gets angry.