Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 207th overall pick the San Jose Sharks select André Burakovsky

Edit: the remaining options for my 1RW were pretty sad so I’m going in on upside...

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Jul 24, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Selecting for VOTE1, J.T. Miller

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit takes TJ Brodie

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects Right Winger Kasperi Kapanen

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Kapanen is a good pick, I almost took him instead of Girard/Binnington but the D/Gs that could theoretically make it back to me were dire

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Hanifin is good value this late.

Burakovsky was an integral part of an EHM Cup-winning team but I'm not sure that he's aware of this fact.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Son of a bitch. Like five of the last ten picks were my top 5.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
sanheim and especially kapanen were essential to my plan and i am not happy!!

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Selecting for Yaya, Kevin Shattenkirk

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I’ll take Pekka Rinne.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Teemu Pokemon posted:

have you considered that you just suck more than me?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

Perhaps not the best player/contract available, but being able to play any forward position means I can now shift to defence/goal without fear of missing out on a decent 3c, but if one remains he Miller can shift to 2rw.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

VOTE1 posted:

Perhaps not the best player/contract available, but being able to play any forward position means I can now shift to defence/goal without fear of missing out on a decent 3c, but if one remains he Miller can shift to 2rw.

Miller is good but streaky, however he was probably the best overall winger available in this draft for a while now. It’s just a real lovely contract.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Now that I actually have a full starting lineup I’m pretty happy overall

Panarin-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky
Kadri
Krug-Faulk
Rask

I missed on a true elite 1C but got a very dynamic pairing between the Birdman and the Breadman. Burakovsky could be a dud that never matches the hype but he has a high ceiling. Happy to have Kadri and his skill set at 2C (until he kills someone during the playoffs or something). Krug and Faulk are very good PMD with a great first pass. Faulk is a defensive liability sometimes but both have real strong possession numbers. Crazy fun PP squad with this group. Picked earlier than I wanted on goalie but I think Rask is worth it.

I’m entering cap hell now so I can’t wait to see how I screw this up.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I like that team so far!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

WeaponX posted:

Miller is good but streaky, however he was probably the best overall winger available in this draft for a while now. It’s just a real lovely contract.

It's my first overpayment so its ok capwise, amusing thing is - as a canucks fan the contract seems absolutely middle of the road given the collection of toxic contracts Vancouver have.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Miller's contract isn't that bad, it's not hard to avoid cap hell if you fill your bottom six with non terrible contracts.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

He's due for a comeback year

D Cam Fowler for the LA Kings

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Washington selects Jonathan Drouin

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Boomer the Cannon (until 10:20 AM EST)
Good Soldier Svejk
ThinkTank
Thufir (x2)
ThinkTank

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Teemu Pokemon posted:

If it makes you feel any better im pretty sure the picks i sent to corn were sanheim, hanifin and kapanen lol

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

JawKnee posted:

have you considered that you just suck more than me?

when you wake up tomorrow, you'll have travis sanheim but you will also still be you

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

WeaponX posted:

Now that I actually have a full starting lineup I’m pretty happy overall

Panarin-Kuznetsov-Burakovsky
Kadri
Krug-Faulk
Rask

I missed on a true elite 1C ...

Lemme say, as someone who watches a lot of Caps games, you absolutely did not. Kuznetsov is incredible.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Edmonton takes Brock Nelson.

Landeskog - Nelson - Nylander
Vrana - TBD - Anderson

Slavin - Barrie

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Minnesota is proud to select a little man who's name is both yonic and phallic, Yanni Gourde

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Morning, I'll take lovable pudge boy Casey Mittelstadt.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
drat I was looking at Gourde. I'll take Brandon Saad and Tomas Tatar

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t understand why Saad was still available this late given some earlier picks.

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

Jordan7hm posted:

I don’t understand why Saad was still available this late given some earlier picks.

There have been some reaches sure but Saad isn't great.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jordan7hm posted:

Honestly thought he was gone

Edit: but also 6 million eek

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Jordan7hm posted:

There are like at least 10 better forwards available lol.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take a guy I've always loved in Tyler Bertuzzi. There are probably better guys available and he likely won't hit 47pts again but man oh man do I love to watch him play.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

*the sound of Jim Benning breathlessly scrambling to pick up his phone with greasy popcorn fingers*

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

ThinkTank posted:

I'll take a guy I've always loved in Tyler Bertuzzi. There are probably better guys available and he likely won't hit 47pts again but man oh man do I love to watch him play.

His S% is probably going to regress but he might get more playtime with Larkin and Mantha so I'll be interested to see if he can be a 45-50 point guy over a full season. He seems on pace to be one of those dudes who you can plug in with 2 better players and expect him to be adequate. In 6 years or so, he'll be making 9 million dollars to play on Crosby's wing.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm a sucker for guys that play that wild buzzsaw puck retrieval style. He'll get reps up and down the lineup, but I'd probably start him with the Nuge and DeBrincat to see if they can develop some chemistry as a crash the net/quick pass out front style top line.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Edmonton takes Brock Nelson.

Landeskog - Nelson - Nylander
Vrana - TBD - Anderson

Slavin - Barrie

gently caress off

ThinkTank posted:

goddamn it

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Jordan7hm posted:

I had not put his name out into the universe yet, so no one had thought of him.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

rex rabidorum vires posted:

There are like at least 10 better forwards available lol.

Prove it, PM them to me

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

ThinkTank posted:

I liked him a lot in the games I saw of him. He's such a puck hound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

Prove it, PM them to me

lol if this worked