Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-Square
May 14, 2009

Ruh roh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

The Prong Song posted:

Chud is "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers" from the '80s movie of the same name and now people use it to mean "white people who aren't extreme liberals".

source your quotes

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

We found a chud already??

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Prong Song posted:

Chud is "Cannibalistic Humanoid Underground Dwellers" from the '80s movie of the same name and now people use it to mean "white people who aren't extreme liberals".

First part is correct, second part is... somewhat inaccurate. Right direction, wrong distance, as it were.

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
The indy shop that works on my cars has a 928 for sale on the lot. Red, red wing, hood has been painted (?) black with a 2' gaudy Porsche emblem on it.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Rhyno posted:

I spend a bit of my spare time baiting incels on Facebook and this dude bit HARD. Ranted that I was a Chad because I was a jock and married Stacey and that I was hosed when the Beat uprising happened and then blocked me.

Didn't you work for like a decade in a comic store? That's not enough turbo nerd cred for an incel?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
chads come in all shapes and sizes

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

... and that I was hosed when the Beat uprising happened and then blocked me.

The gently caress does this part mean? Mediocre headphones are going to revolt?

rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

Tremek posted:

Replacing stuff chat:

I need to replace my nice Viair portable 12v air compressor that met its untimely end in the garage fire. It put up with a lot of abuse and always was a trooper, but it was a bit slow. I think mine was the 300P model.

I really don't need 100% duty cycle for my use (car tires, bike tires, and refilling the 33-35" tires of my ~*~offroad vehicles~*~ when coming back off a trail) - per Viair's site I suspect it was capable of less than 2 CFM however. I also had a twin ARB under-hood unit in the garage that's also gone now, and while that will be good for airing up on the Land Cruiser once I also replace that, I really enjoyed the versatility of being able to drop the 300P onto any 12v battery and fill up.

Is there another brand/model you guys also think I should be looking at? Call it a up-to $500 budget for a kickass portable.

Edit: the 440P looks like their highest-volume portable at 3.0 CFM at 0 PSI...

I have the 400p-rv kit and its nice but I think its the same CFM as the 300p kit you had. 2.30 CFM if I am reading the chart right. I would buy it again.

The ARB CKMP12 looks nice but I haven’t used it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Galler posted:

The gently caress does this part mean? Mediocre headphones are going to revolt?

Woops. Should be Beta. As in Beta Male.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Also car game

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3894732

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

lmao on the ground floor.

Also I remember when I learned what an incel was and...yikes.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

I need some new tools, specifically, fancy torque wrenches.

Is there a big enough difference between the torque adapters vs straight wrenches?

Basically:

3/8" DRIVE ELECTRONIC ANGLE TORQUE WRENCH 5-100 FT-LBS.

Vs

3/8" DRIVE DIGITAL TORQUE ANGLE ADAPTER

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

slidebite posted:

1986 ramcharger for $3K. If it were still around and not a pile of iron oxide HAHAHAHA it might have actually appreciated.

I won't lie, I was immediately attracted to that, just because those things were common in the late '80s - early '90s, but Newfoundland is basically double-Canadian in rust so they vanished

I started building a kit of the Dodge Ramcharger but then was not so much sidetracked ask knocked out of orbit and sent to another star system. Which was more or less my fault; I really need to learn to restrict the scope of what I'm going to do with a kit. (I'm also trying to do that with my blog; I got a new series of posts that I'm hoping to post every two weeks or so, even while working full time.)

Anyway: Ramchargers. I looked around my small town, and found one renegade survivor still being used as a snowplow at a heavy mechanic shop. Thanks to you guys talking about the crazy bronco bubble, it occured to me that the Ramcharger will probably someday go through the same thing. Not far away from that ramcharger there is an old-school unrestored Bronco that somebody is saving (?) for that reason.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nebakenezzer posted:

I won't lie, I was immediately attracted to that, just because those things were common in the late '80s - early '90s, but Newfoundland is basically double-Canadian in rust so they vanished

I started building a kit of the Dodge Ramcharger but then was not so much sidetracked ask knocked out of orbit and sent to another star system. Which was more or less my fault; I really need to learn to restrict the scope of what I'm going to do with a kit. (I'm also trying to do that with my blog; I got a new series of posts that I'm hoping to post every two weeks or so, even while working full time.)

Anyway: Ramchargers. I looked around my small town, and found one renegade survivor still being used as a snowplow at a heavy mechanic shop. Thanks to you guys talking about the crazy bronco bubble, it occured to me that the Ramcharger will probably someday go through the same thing. Not far away from that ramcharger there is an old-school unrestored Bronco that somebody is saving (?) for that reason.

The trick with ramchargers is 1.mexico, and 2.second gen

https://www.segundamano.mx/anuncios/jalisco/zapopan/suv-jeep-y-van/ramcharger-928530760?nav=true

The trick works for other things too

https://www.segundamano.mx/anuncios/ciudad-de-mexico/iztapalapa/autos/datsun-510-de-coleccion-928853510?nav=true

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

There's a guy at one of the power stations I frequent. He has a Gadsden flag license plate with "PWR GEN" as his letters, on his immaculate ~1990 Ramcharger. He's a very John Wayne kinda dude and I like him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Adiabatic posted:

There's a guy at one of the power stations I frequent. He has a Gadsden flag license plate with "PWR GEN" as his letters, on his immaculate ~1990 Ramcharger. He's a very John Wayne kinda dude and I like him.

Buy hims a forums account.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Tremek posted:

Replacing stuff chat:

I need to replace my nice Viair portable 12v air compressor that met its untimely end in the garage fire. It put up with a lot of abuse and always was a trooper, but it was a bit slow. I think mine was the 300P model.

I really don't need 100% duty cycle for my use (car tires, bike tires, and refilling the 33-35" tires of my ~*~offroad vehicles~*~ when coming back off a trail) - per Viair's site I suspect it was capable of less than 2 CFM however. I also had a twin ARB under-hood unit in the garage that's also gone now, and while that will be good for airing up on the Land Cruiser once I also replace that, I really enjoyed the versatility of being able to drop the 300P onto any 12v battery and fill up.

Is there another brand/model you guys also think I should be looking at? Call it a up-to $500 budget for a kickass portable.

Edit: the 440P looks like their highest-volume portable at 3.0 CFM at 0 PSI...

went full send getting onboard air on the farmtruck:

Might be able to air up the 37s.

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

went full send getting onboard air on the farmtruck:

Might be able to air up the 37s.

Donkey gonna donk. Pleasantly reminds me of this:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The Prong Song posted:

"extreme liberals".

.... so is that like chaotic neutral or?

Vochoooooooooooos

https://www.segundamano.mx/anuncios...861146?nav=true
https://www.segundamano.mx/anuncios/estado-de-mexico/tultitlan/autos/vochito-con-rines-928915882?nav=true
https://www.segundamano.mx/anuncios/nuevo-leon/guadalupe/autos/vocho-2001-928894499?nav=true
(actually they're all kinda crap rn, there was a real good crop back in May. Next project after the BMW is gonna be dragging one of these north and making a Rotovocho)

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

LloydDobler posted:

Didn't you work for like a decade in a comic store? That's not enough turbo nerd cred for an incel?

Any guy who has touched a girl with consent is a Chad to an Incel.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Olympic Mathlete posted:

CIf you ever want to feel better about yourself google the word 'incel' and witness how broke-brained some guys are.

Or just use in-house resources.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

Any guy who has touched a girl with consent is a Chad to an Incel.

And as many of you who are FB friends with me can attest, my wife is really pretty. So thay sets off the inceldar a bit as well. She's been harassed by creeps nonstop for most of our relationship.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

I try to avoid applying stereotypes when I deal with different people. However, over the past month, I've been dealing with car dealers. I have tried to be open minded, but I have over a dozen examples of them being lying, fraudulent, incompetent motherfuckers that will only tell the truth if you put their backs against the wall.

I've been dealing for 4 days on a 2018 Mercedes GLA250. 15k miles, one owner. Dealer is in Maryland, I'm in Ohio. I told them from the start that I was extremely picky, especially about paintwork. Whole dog and pony show about looking over the car, taking a bunch of pictures and showing miniscule scratches here and there, and vouching for the condition. I asked about paintwork several times and the first salesman said "Here's the Carfax." I told him I'd already seen that, but that he and I both know that Carfax doesn't show anything that's not reported to it. Got involved with the two owners, one of whom was the picture taker. Assured me that everything was good, there'd be no disappontments.

I wired almost 30 thousand dollars to the fucktards this morning and said "I'm looking forward to getting it, in the pre-sales inspection, please look for any signs of previous damage or body work, I'll be looking with a critical eye and a paint thickness gauge and neither of us want the car to go back to Maryland."

What do you know, as soon as I said I knew enough to have a paint thickness gauge, the owner calls me back to tell me that THEIR OWN BODY SHOP painted the entire loving side of the car because of "a scratch." Motherfucking bullshit artists that exist solely by conning and lying. Universal motherfuckers is all that inhabit car dealerships.

(Money is getting wired back to me tomorrow morning, along with the initial costs of the wire transfer to them. Still doesn't make up for the psychic energy they drained.)

Edit: Did we decide that Rhyno was a Chad or a CHUD?

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 25, 2019

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Yeah it is pretty universal, and such a rare treat to find a non lying scum of the earth dealer. It is ridiculous how hard they make it for someone knowledgeable to give them money.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

everdave posted:

Yeah it is pretty universal, and such a rare treat to find a non lying scum of the earth dealer. It is ridiculous how hard they make it for someone knowledgeable to give them money.

Well yeah, it's a lot harder to screw someone that knows what they're about.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Mother of God that's hard to read. I mean, beyond the background and poo poo, it's just so difficult for me to understand these are actual (more or less) human beings writing this stuff and believing it. And I'm definitely not the most positive happy-go-lucky shining world kind of guy. Are they even reading what they wrote?

edit: RE: car salesmen: the entire culture of auto sales has attracted some of the sickest most cynical people on the planet.

Darchangel fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jul 25, 2019

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Prong Song posted:

its not just white people and its not "extreme liberals" hth

Olympic Mathlete posted:

We found a chud already??

lmao

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

So here is a topic for discussion I have been wondering about. The Lexus is a 1999, and the engine is the 2UZ-FE without VVT. It calls for premium, which is all I have used in it since I bought it until last fill up. The local gas station offers "clear" gas, which is ethanol free.

Premium grade and Ethanol Free are identical in price. The Ethanol free is only 3 lower on octane rating. My question for all, would you rather use the E free gas, or just continue getting premium with ethanol (ranges about 10% here). This car was made when ethanol was much less common. I filled the tank full of the e free gas, taking about 3/4 to fill it up. The engine sounds exactly the same, runs exactly the same and so far appears to be yielding slightly higher mileage. I will know for sure at next fill up some time next week. Should I continue the experiment? Come winter time I am MUCH more interested in the ethanol free fuel, because the "winter blend" that comes in locally is seriously such watered down piss fuel. Being able to continue to get good mileage in winter will be pretty sweet.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

meatpimp posted:

I try to avoid applying stereotypes when I deal with different people. However, over the past month, I've been dealing with car dealers. I have tried to be open minded, but I have over a dozen examples of them being lying, fraudulent, incompetent motherfuckers that will only tell the truth if you put their backs against the wall.

Some stereotypes exist for a reason. Maybe there are good, honest car sales men out there but I have yet to meet one. After our debacle with the local Toyota and Mazda dealerships we're skipping anything but carmax and carvana next time we go car shopping. I was honestly really disappointed the idea of sleazy car salesman was proven so quickly.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

NitroSpazzz posted:

Some stereotypes exist for a reason. Maybe there are good, honest car sales men out there but I have yet to meet one. After our debacle with the local Toyota and Mazda dealerships we're skipping anything but carmax and carvana next time we go car shopping. I was honestly really disappointed the idea of sleazy car salesman was proven so quickly.

Unfortunately, this was from carbiz, which is a newer, seemingly well-regarded Carmax competitor upstart with the same promises and business philosophy.

Among the other upstarts is Vroom, which seems somewhat credible, but a LOT of their inventory is former rental.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Opened, read the quotes. "I deserve, I deserve, I deserve..."

Some of them never had to read Stephen Crane and it shows:

Stephen Crane way back in 1899 posted:

A man said to the universe:
"Sir I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

i.e. you deserve nothing, fucker.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

The Prong Song posted:

now people use it to mean "white people who aren't extreme liberals".

LOL not even close.

quote:

its not just white people and its not "extreme liberals" hth

But if you support a certain red hat wearing rear end in a top hat enthusiastically and have zero problem with kids in cages you most certainly are a chud.

Reminder : The USA is so right wing skewed AOC and Bernie would be seen as barely left of centre in a sane country. There's absolutly nothing extreme about those two.

CAT INTERCEPTOR fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jul 25, 2019

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
I'm convinced "sales" is a personality type and people who sell cars are just the worst version.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Residency Evil posted:

I'm convinced "sales" is a personality type and people who sell cars are just the worst version.

:drat:

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

My dad was about the closest thing to an honest car dealer you could find, he had great reviews and lots of repeat business over 25 years. Only about 4-5 lawsuits I can remember. But even then I'd still catch him in half-truths and white lies from time to time. The worst part was that if he could convince himself what he was saying was true, then to him it wasn't a lie. So he'd make up some bullshit sometimes. Like putting a low mileage motor in a higher mileage car and advertising it with the lower miles. He'd fully explain to the customer that's what he was doing, but as a bait and switch. Many customers were even okay with that. We're talking sub-$10,000 cars anyway.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Jesus dude are you a defensive lineman in the NFL or something?

I'm an active type one diabetic with an insulin pump and continuous glucose monitor. If I don't eat, my blood sugar stays stable pretty much regardless of what I do, because it cuts off my basal insulin when it sees it start to drop. I routinely go on 10-30 mile hikes, cycle around 200 miles a month, powerlift 2-3 times a week, and do muay Thai 1-3 times a week depending on my schedule.

I generally only eat once or twice a day, that Gigante bowl of ramen I guarantee you didn't actually even get me to even on a calorie standpoint. My biggest day was around 6300 calories. A combo of rest day and cheat day which ended in a family bucket of spicy wings, an entire pack of reese's pieces peanut butter cookies, a pint of b&j, that fuckin cheesy bread from domino's, most of a rôtisserie chicken, and à quart of strawberry chobani :yum:

I'm a tubby 205lb 5'6" manlet. Whenever I actually go on a reasonable diet, my blood sugar goes nuts and nearly uncontrollable/dangerous. So instead I: Go big, eat big, get strong(er), stay chonk. I've been kicked out of a few lovely Chinese buffets. :(

To the med goons: I realize the words I typed may seem very alarming. My cholesterol levels are great, BP is high normal, but I take Adderall so that's the baseline, my kidney function is perfect, and my a1c is 6.7. Labs across the board have improved dramatically since I stopped drinking like a fish 6 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tremek
Jun 10, 2005

Confirmed I'm on the list with Purifoy Chevy for a C8 and ordered an email tune for the Raptor, don't @ me