Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Svejk skipped, Boomer up until 2:10 PM EST

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Boone Jenner.

There's two centers I liked better, but with Vrana and Anderson to resign as RFAs I couldn't do it.

Boomer The Cannon fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Jul 25, 2019

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Getting Tatar this late's a nice pick.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Getting Tatar this late's a nice pick.

Yeah, I was surprised he fell so far after 56 pts and a really good history of production and great fancies.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
we're only a third of the way through the draft and it's looking like it's gonna be a slower day than yesterday

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Capitals select Filip Chytil.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Zodijackylite posted:

Capitals select Filip Chytil.

Bastard

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Rasmus Andersson

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
two picks coming in hot

Mentholmoose selects Alex Galchenyuk

Yaya selects Devan Dubnyk

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

corn on the cop posted:

Yaya selects Devan Dubnyk

:mad:

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I figured with how many goalies have gone and how long it is until my next pick, me not taking a goalie could have come back to haunt me real bad

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

two picks coming in hot

Mentholmoose selects Alex Galchenyuk

gently caress

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary selects Right Winger Oliver Bjorkstrand

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit takes Michael Ferland

Hall - Pettersson - xxx
Ferland - Couture - xxx

Hughes - Brodie
xxx - Makar

Bobrovsky

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jets select MacKenzie Blackwood

Hes still unproven (but promising), but hes dirt cheap and will get a lot of work as I'm guessing Schneider will fall apart.

Timo Meier Brayden Point Sam Reinhart
Jake DeBrusk David Krejci J.T. Miller

Erik Gustafsson - xx

MacKenzie Blackwood

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Sharks select Henri Jokiharju

Now I have an Andre and a Henri on my team!

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Jul 26, 2019

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Picking for my friend stab, who requested that I wax upon the terrors of cap hell:

Due to his cap situation, stab is going to the bargain bin and selecting local thicc boi Nick Ritchie

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Jonathan Fisk is up
Drunk Canuck
Kilza
JawKnee
Kuule hain nussivan

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ryan Getzlaf is both old and expensive but is still a good player.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

corn on the cop posted:

Picking for my friend stab, who requested that I wax upon the terrors of cap hell:

Due to his cap situation, stab is going to the bargain bin and selecting local thicc boi Nick Ritchie

motherfucker

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Drunk Canuck is skipped, so now I am up.

So I'm going to pick my goalie now. I wanted Dubnyk, but he was rudely taken by Yaya. Instead, I'll take my riskier option. This goalie has been one of the best goalies in the league over the past 3 years, but he's been injured often. I'm banking on him being healthy this season, so I'll take Antti Raanta.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
x - Trocheck - x

Hedman - Petry
x - Miller

Raanta

Next up:
JawKnee (until 10:01 AM EST)
Kuule hain nussivan
FBS
lazerwolf
Mamma Lucia

Skipped:
Drunk Canuck

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Goalies are weird because I feel like you've got 5-10 really good consistent ones, 5-10 popular but extremely bad ones, and then an infinite supply of just... mystery. You have 20-30 year olds coming out of nowhere and backstopping to the cup, and you've got cup-winners putting up league-worst seasons.
I appreciate but don't understand it or how to evaluate or predict success with it in the way I do with other positions/prospects

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
You need like 3-4 years worth of data to assess the true ability level of a goaltender.

Regular skaters are easier to assess because there are visible ways to detect whether or not they're outperforming/underpeforming their true talent level. Goaltending is basically "how consistent is this guy over X years"

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

The Vancouver Canucks are going to select Brandon Montour

There's a dearth of good RHD left to pick from, and it looks like Montour can reliably put up about 30 points a season, playing a full 75-80 games, at top-line minutes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

JawKnee posted:

The Vancouver Canucks are going to select Brandon Montour

There's a dearth of good RHD left to pick from, and it looks like Montour can reliably put up about 30 points a season, playing a full 75-80 games, at top-line minutes

He is better in every way than the guy Anaheim kept over him

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sabres pro scouting.... good?

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

RW Jakob Silfverberg for the LA Kings

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Botterill knows his poo poo at least
or knows how to surround himself with people that do

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Kuule hain nussivan is up until 10:46am EST tomorrow (I am bad at this)
FBS
lazerwolf
Ergo Propter Hog
fawning deference

JawKnee fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 26, 2019

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

JawKnee posted:

Kuule hain nussivan is up until 12pm EST tomorrow
FBS
lazerwolf
Ergo Propter Hog
fawning deference

Close. He's up until 10:46 AM EST.

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

The Colorado Avalanche don't have a lot of time to think about this inbetween waking up and going to work, but they choose Jesper Bratt in the hopes that he will improve upon his last season and become a cheap, effective 2nd liner.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

The Colorado Avalanche don't have a lot of time to think about this inbetween waking up and going to work, but they choose Jesper Bratt in the hopes that he will improve upon his last season and become a cheap, effective 2nd liner.

motherfucker

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
FBS (until 12 PM EST)
lazerwolf
Ergo Propter Hog
fawning deference
Jordan7hm

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

Anaheim's pro scouts are spending a few days drinking in New Orleans but have found enough time before passing out tonight to pick Andreas Johnsson

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

FBS posted:

Anaheim's pro scouts are spending a few days drinking in New Orleans but have found enough time before passing out tonight to pick Andreas Johnsson

Oh come on. I was going to pick him here.

Edit: Going to probably regret this contract but Vegas selects Anders Lee

lazerwolf fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Jul 26, 2019

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

FBS posted:

This is a very un-Anaheim pick and I'm disappointed in it (it's a good pick. He's good.)

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

lazerwolf posted:

Oh come on. I was going to pick him here.

man I love this feeling

quote:

Edit: Going to probably regret this contract but Vegas selects Anders Lee

I almost took Lee before I found Johnsson, but I've already got too many big contracts like that.

Next up:
Ergo Propter Hog (til 1:10 PM ET)
fawning deference
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE
Teemu Pokemon

lazerwolf
Dec 22, 2009

Orange and Black

FBS posted:

man I love this feeling

I almost took Lee before I found Johnsson, but I've already got too many big contracts like that.

Next up:
Ergo Propter Hog (til 1:10 PM ET)
fawning deference
Jordan7hm
EL BROMANCE
Teemu Pokemon

We can swap if you'd like...

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Gonna take tiny hockey man Conor Sheary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Anders Lee is a great pick. He's still a versatile guy despite that contract. I was hoping he'd come back to me.