Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Malah posted:

I remember that the waybounds provide operator/frame armor and that's all that comes to mind. Eh, that's nice? Unlock the Vazarin health first, it's 150%.

At max, Stone Skin only gives 60 armor and Basilisk Scales only affects base armor of the operator. Would bonus armor to the operator make that huge a difference? A year-old reddit post says that at max, you get 10% DR for the operator.

And on top of that, having more armor makes Void Spines worse. I have done nothing but Unairu (2+ million focus, I think) because I had no idea what I was doing when I came back after a 4 year absence and now I kind of regret it.

edit: Ok, I need to investigate Magus Husk because I did not know it multiplied that bonus.

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Jul 26, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

necrobobsledder posted:

Itzal will still be preferred for non-combat Archwing missions because Cosmic Crush is Mag's Greedy Pull v1.0 in a sphere.

In the sense it pulls energy orbs for everyone? If so, toroids too?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Malah posted:

Zenurik sucks, use energy pizzas.
lol

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I wanna apologize for being slow on the draw with AKGOON invites; work has been exhausting lately and I pretty much go comatose as soon as I get home

Also I really like the new armor set and gauss looks cool, thanks for reading

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

gaj70 posted:

In the sense it pulls energy orbs for everyone? If so, toroids too?
Yes, that's what I do for Profit Taker, Exploiter, and Eidolons alike

quote:

In Archwing missions, the Itzal forms a black hole in front of itself that violently pulls in all enemies and Pickups within 120 / 120 / 140 / 140 meters before exploding to deal 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1500 Blast b Blast damage within 80 / 100 / 120 / 140 meters.

Chip McFuck
Jul 24, 2007

We droppin' like a comet and this Vulcan tried to Spock it/These Martians tried to do it, but knew they couldn't cop it

Unveiled my first riven the other day and it's for the Snipetron. I like the gun a lot, but I don't know if this is a good mod for it or if I should reroll. I'm still new to the game and kinda just slap mods on my weapons for faction element weaknesses. Anyway, here's the mod at the preview max rank:

Snipetron
Status duration +130%
Damage +198.9%

Seems good to me, but I don't really know.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Damage is nice, but status duration is a clunker unfortunately

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

That's not the worst starting point if you're looking to begin the forma process, but it does need some rolls. Ideally you'll hit crit chance as one of your stats, since a Snipetron Vandal can be pushed over 100% using a riven.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

DoombatINC posted:

Ideally you'll hit crit chance as one of your stats, since a Snipetron Vandal can be pushed over 100% using a riven.

To expand on this for Chip, a 100% critical chance is especially valuable on headshot-focused weapons above and beyond the consistency that it provides. Critical headshots have a 4x damage multiplier on many enemies (which then gets further multiplied by the weapon's actual critical multiplier) while normal headshots only have a 2x multiplier.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Is it still going to be affected by mods?

Because if not then that's a massive nerf to the Itzal after all.

Remember that it will be spammable for no energy.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

HundredBears posted:

To expand on this for Chip, a 100% critical chance is especially valuable on headshot-focused weapons above and beyond the consistency that it provides. Critical headshots have a 4x damage multiplier on many enemies (which then gets further multiplied by the weapon's actual critical multiplier) while normal headshots only have a 2x multiplier.

As an extra thing, that only applies on headshots; for enemies that have other damage-multiplier zones (mostly the moa's battery pack afaik), you do not get the 'headcrit' bonus.

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBHtT3okv4Q

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Nalesh posted:

Remember that it will be spammable for no energy.

did they say that?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Awesome! posted:

did they say that?

Since it's gonna be a dodge replacement, i'm 99.99% sure it's gonna be no energy.

NoMas
Oct 2, 2013

Man Moth!?
what are the good profit taker weapon combos? (excluding Zenith)

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://ilovedthetube.men/relics
I made an auto-updated list of relics sorted by their total platinum value, making it easy to choose what to rad/what to use as fodder.
It will probably stop working the moment I go to sleep. Also it might have other bugs, and the design isn't great.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats pretty cool. are the prices some sort of average or like lowest listed

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Warframe.market's moving weighted average for sold items (but their API data will often differ slightly from what their site lists for reasons I don't understand and haven't really researched yet)

Malloc Voidstar fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jul 27, 2019

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Hey, that's pretty neat! I think I might get some use out of that. Nice work. Any plans to also add Ducat values?

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 27, 2019

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wish I could have my floofs ride roombas like this.

Zombeef
Feb 15, 2014

Unperson_47 posted:

At max, Stone Skin only gives 60 armor and Basilisk Scales only affects base armor of the operator. Would bonus armor to the operator make that huge a difference? A year-old reddit post says that at max, you get 10% DR for the operator.

And on top of that, having more armor makes Void Spines worse. I have done nothing but Unairu (2+ million focus, I think) because I had no idea what I was doing when I came back after a 4 year absence and now I kind of regret it.

edit: Ok, I need to investigate Magus Husk because I did not know it multiplied that bonus.

I did the math a while back, no I don't feel like updating it for stone skin.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Zombeef posted:

I did the math a while back, no I don't feel like updating it for stone skin.

Oh wow, your chart makes it really easy to see the impact at a glance. Thanks for this.

Unairu was supposed to be the tanky tree. :smith:

*stamps foot, kicks articula*

Unperson_47 fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Jul 27, 2019

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Babe Magnet posted:

Pre-clone grineer is a hunk.

What content is that supposed to be? It's nice to see them make such good progress on faces, on other hand it makes Cetus (and to lesser extent operator) faces more jarring in comparison

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Sekenr posted:

What content is that supposed to be? It's nice to see them make such good progress on faces, on other hand it makes Cetus (and to lesser extent operator) faces more jarring in comparison
That's from the cinematic video iirc

Rech
Dec 26, 2011

This game seems incredibly bad at explaining how to do things?

I'm trying to do the mask of the revenant quest and apparently to get started I need Quills reputation. I figured out I need sentient cores to trade for rep but how do I actually get them? I've visited the plains a few times but never seen the mobs that are supposed the drop them. Doing anything in the open world areas without the wing launcher thing seems like a huge pain in the rear end so I've avoided them as much as possible.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rech posted:

Yes it is.

quote:

I'm trying to do the mask of the revenant quest and apparently to get started I need Quills reputation. I figured out I need sentient cores to trade for rep but how do I actually get them? I've visited the plains a few times but never seen the mobs that are supposed the drop them. Doing anything in the open world areas without the wing launcher thing seems like a huge pain in the rear end so I've avoided them as much as possible.

Cores are dropped by eidolons, and they only appear at night on the plains. Ask in clan chat for a teralyst carry and you'll almost certainly find someone willing to take you along and get you enough cores for the first Quills rank.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Is there a way to improve the ammo capacity and/or recharge time on the Fulmin?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Evil Mastermind posted:

Yes? Magazine capacity mods will work as normal, reload speed mods should reduce the recharge delay/increase the speed of the recharge. I don’t think the weapon really needs either of those things, it becomes sufficiently ammo efficient with enough damage.

I do wish DE would stop making weapons that come with zero polarities though, it is unnecessary and irritating.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I've been in a couple Eidelon hunts now, I thought I was a real clever dick and started using sneaky spoiler mode to avoid most of the big man's attacks, but the magnetic pulses that pop after a synovia is destroyed always drain my Rhino's energy to zero even if I'm not in it. I thought the frames were invulnerable while unoccupied so long as they don't have an ability active. So, a few Qs

A) does Rhino's 2 count as an active ability, making my big boy vulnerable?
B) are frames still vulnerable to status effects even when they're immune to damage?
C) how close does a charged lure need to be in order to prevent the Eidelon from teleporting and recovering health after synovia destruction?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits

Sekenr posted:

It's an art asset from the new CGI intro. It's an Orokin Era Grineer.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Dr Cheeto posted:

I've been in a couple Eidelon hunts now, I thought I was a real clever dick and started using sneaky spoiler mode to avoid most of the big man's attacks, but the magnetic pulses that pop after a synovia is destroyed always drain my Rhino's energy to zero even if I'm not in it. I thought the frames were invulnerable while unoccupied so long as they don't have an ability active. So, a few Qs

A) does Rhino's 2 count as an active ability, making my big boy vulnerable?
B) are frames still vulnerable to status effects even when they're immune to damage?
C) how close does a charged lure need to be in order to prevent the Eidelon from teleporting and recovering health after synovia destruction?

A. Iron Skin should block the magnetic procs, you don't need to be in spoiler mode. Usually someone brings Harrow to let everyone avoid that attack.

B. Yes, and this doesn't just apply to you. :ssh:

C. I forget the exact range, but charged lures will attach beams to the eidolon when they're in range.

e:
:ssh:: While this isn't super useful information for the Eidolons (or almost anything else really), one strategy for fighting Mutalist Alad V involves loading him up with slash procs while he's to the point where he just dies immediately the moment he becomes vulnerable.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Jul 27, 2019

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

Evil Mastermind posted:

I haven't stress-tested it myself, but from what I remember looking up secondhand:

+Ammo Capacity does nothing
+Magazine Size increases max battery
+Reload Speed decreases cooldown before recharging

I love this ammo-recharging, wide-blasting silenced airsoft shotgun. It is probably far from the best weapon in the game, but it's so satisfying and if they ever nerf it my heart will break.

I Am Just a Box fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 27, 2019

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Is Magnum Force kind of a must-have on a Catchmoon? I just started seriously looking into builds after putting 5 Forma into it and that thing is a death machine. The accuracy penalty from Magnum Force does not seem much of a hindrance since the orbs are so big.

Also working on maxing a Pax Charge to stick on that thing after stupidly having Pax Seeker on it. You'd to be really good at skimming the bottom of an orb across an enemy's head for it to proc - especially if you used Magnum Force.

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

I Am Just a Box posted:

I love this ammo-recharging, wide-blasting silenced airsoft shotgun. It is probably far from the best weapon in the game, but it's so satisfying and if they ever nerf it my heart will break.

Counterpoint: Fulmin is in fact the single best weapon in the game.

I Am Just a Box
Jul 20, 2011
I belong here. I contain only inanimate objects. Nothing is amiss.

M2tt posted:

Counterpoint: Fulmin is in fact the single best weapon in the game.

Isn't high level play about having mass slaughter weapons you don't even really have to aim in more than the vague direction of the enemy? I actually have to point the Fulmin at guys, and sometimes I run out of shots for like two or three seconds.

It's still goddamn amazing.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Rech posted:

keep an eye on the cetus night timer in your orbiter. when it gets close ask for a terry carry in clan chat so you can get cores. you are correct that doing anything in the open worlds without an archwing sucks dick. you should make one asap.

Dr Cheeto posted:

50m

Helter Skelter posted:

C. I forget the exact range, but charged lures will attach beams to the eidolon when they're in range.
only the host can see those lines

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Unperson_47 posted:

Is Magnum Force kind of a must-have on a Catchmoon?

It's a nice chunk of damage, but you can get that in other ways too if the accuracy hit bothers you (I happen to have a riven and like to go for headshots with Pax Seeker).

Awesome! posted:

How is this always a thing.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

It's a nice chunk of damage, but you can get that in other ways too if the accuracy hit bothers you

What other mods would you suggest in place of it, aside from a Riven that can come somewhat close to the DPS you get from Magnum Force. Anemic Agility is another one I see to keep sustained DPS up but I kind of like having more damage per shot in this case.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Awesome! posted:

Unless it bugged out recently, wrong. The line only shows up once a limb has been destroyed, since it links to destroyed sinovas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

that has been the case ever since i started doing eidolons