Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Malthusian
Oct 30, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

That's Travis McElroy dude.

Now I can’t unsee it. Hm, but have we ever seen Travis and Gavin at the same place at the same time before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

The Malthusian posted:

Now I can’t unsee it. Hm, but have we ever seen Travis and Gavin at the same place at the same time before?

I fuckin' hope not!!!!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl

One day, one of these clip art games is going to have a sublime movement mechanic buried under the color-fill-tool cards. And none of us will ever know.

Kerro
Nov 3, 2002

Did you marry a man who married the sea? He looks right through you to the distant grey - calling, calling..
I'm contemplating backing Dice Throne Adventures, but the options are confusing to me. As someone who has no existing Dice Throne stuff, it seems like the 'Latest Loot' ($132) bundle is the one I need since I presume I need Dice Throne Adventures + either Season One or Two of the original game in order to play? However, the description for the $132 bundle is 'If you are a backer of Season 2, pledge at this level to receive the new stuff!'

What's the correct option for someone who is completely new to the series?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Kerro posted:

I'm contemplating backing Dice Throne Adventures, but the options are confusing to me. As someone who has no existing Dice Throne stuff, it seems like the 'Latest Loot' ($132) bundle is the one I need since I presume I need Dice Throne Adventures + either Season One or Two of the original game in order to play? However, the description for the $132 bundle is 'If you are a backer of Season 2, pledge at this level to receive the new stuff!'

What's the correct option for someone who is completely new to the series?
Depends on the buy-in you're looking for. That'll work great to play the game and season 1. It's a fully playable package. That was poo poo phrasing on their part; you don't need Season 2 to play Dice Throne or DT:A.

If you also want Season 2 the Gameplay bundle (I think $200) is where it's at. That will get you all the characters, promo packs, and DT: Adventures.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 26, 2019

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Yeah the two choices for someone new to Dice Thrones (like me) are either:

DT Season 1 Rerolled + DT Adventures ($132) OR DT Season 1 Rerolled + Season 2 + DT Adventures ($200).

Of course being the completionist that I am I'm looking at the later.

Edit: You could also just do DT Adventures + Treant vs Ninja via the future backerkit.

Rhaegar fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 26, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Rhaegar posted:

Edit: You could also just do DT Adventures + Treant vs Ninja via the future backerkit.
Then you'd only have those 2 characters to play with. I wouldn't do that :)

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

Then you'd only have those 2 characters to play with. I wouldn't do that :)

Well, season 2 is available at retail. But yeah, I personally would get at least a full season.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Does DT scale well at all (in base form, not adventures) for more than 1 v 1? I'm tempted but I have a hard time investing in yet another 1:1 game when I already have such a hard time getting Battlecon to the table.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Memnaelar posted:

Does DT scale well at all (in base form, not adventures) for more than 1 v 1? I'm tempted but I have a hard time investing in yet another 1:1 game when I already have such a hard time getting Battlecon to the table.
3 player King of the Hill and 4 player with teams are both great.

While you can technically exceed that, I would not recommend it for higher player counts on a regular basis. The balance gets pretty weird, and the delay between turns gets excessive. I played in a 3v3 and it was just wacky.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Memnaelar posted:

It plays great at three using the king of the hill variant. The default team and free-for-all rules for four are a little underwhelming - personally I think KOTH is a better solution despite not being officially designed for four player. But one could also play team and use higher team health values (otherwise the match concludes very quickly, we found). It's technically possible to play with more than four but I'd probably break into smaller groups.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

Jedit posted:

Smartphone Inc 2nd Edition has gone live. $60 for the first three days. I thoroughly recommend it; it's an excellent game.
Checking around and Heavy Cardboard seem to be worried about the longevity of Smartphone Inc. Is it a game that's static nature means that after half a dozen or so games there's not much more enjoyment to be found?

Redundant fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 26, 2019

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Memnaelar posted:

Yet another 1:1 game when I already have such a hard time getting Battlecon to the table.

DT is much more approachable than Battlecon, depending on group it is much easier to get to table.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This kickstarter is :nws: so just letting everybody know that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rerollworks/gay-sauna-the-board-game

quote:

Are you ready for this?
Embark on a lustful adventure into the mysterious world of gay saunas. You will compete in this raunchy hookup contest using your brains and balls to ensure you've bagged more gorgeous, sweaty men than any of your buddies.

Six unlikely friends had a secret. They were all different types, but their lust for men united them.

It turns out the kinky boys had made a game out of their visits to the gay sauna, with each of them competing to get the most men. They scored a point for every guy they were with, however, they didn't do sloppy seconds.

The craziness didn't stop there, playing tricks on each other in an attempt to ensure one would emerge the winner. One night, Pedro stepped in front of Sean just as he was about to get with a hot hairy bear. It wasn't normally his thing, but he was happy to sacrifice his own taste to stop Sean from scoring a point that night.

We never found out what the winner received, but they certainly had a lot of fun for years. When their secret contest became known, all hell broke loose. This was the birth of Gay Sauna the Board Game. Now literally anyone can experience sex for competition.

quote:

Gay Sauna the Board Game takes a colourful and raunchy approach to the highly thematic board gaming experience.

You will find yourself in a distilled and simplistic yet sometimes terrifying realistic impression of modern gay dating and pickups, all taking place in the highly charged and exciting setting of a gay sauna. For those not immersed within the gay hookup scene, be prepared to learn all about tribes, roles and kinks as the story unfolds.

Play as a super horny character as you navigate the 6 different cruising areas including the mysterious dark room. You’ll be hooking up left, right and centre, or you could say top, bottom and versatile.

All is not so simple in the world of hot tubs and hookups, armed with tricks and treats from a common deck, you'll need to manage your horniness as you encounter unexpected events. Stay sharp if you want to ensure your friends don't beat you to the climax.

quote:

After the idea was sitting in my head for over a year, I decided in Autumn 2018 to leave my professional career in IT Development and investigate if my novelty board game idea had any merit.

I spent the next months doing a lot of research, prototyping and playtesting to see what I wanted to do with my idea. I created ReRoll Works, a creative organisation with the intent to create and publish exciting and funny games for the LGBTQ+ audience, with Gay Sauna the Board Game being just the first in what I hope to be a great series of games.

I am certain that Gay Sauna the Board Game isn't just a fun theme for a game, but what I have created is interesting, engaging and hilariously naughty all at the same time.

I don't know how to feel about this

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It feels like he heard an anecdote 20 years ago and hasn’t been able to get it out of his head since.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
has anything good ever been described as "a lustful adventure"

outside of maybe a chuck tingle novel

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Oh man. Do not leave your actual paying job before the Kickstarter you imagine will let you replace it with your dream career. It's not that Kickstarter never makes that possible (Patrick Leder has managed it, for example), but you should wait for it to actually happen first.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I am so disappointed we don't get shown the card text for "Smack on the Rock Hard Dong"

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Okay, fine. You longtime goons whose opinions I trust (alongside some MvM previews I watched during a long roadtrip) done sold me all of the Dice Thrones. Thanks a lot. I look forward to my competitive/co-op Yahtzee adventures. :)

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Antivehicular posted:

I am so disappointed we don't get shown the card text for "Smack on the Rock Hard Dong"

I read the card as "Smack your Hard Dong on the Rocks" since it's a game about saunas and was horrified. Then again, maybe they are filling a gap in the CBT boardgame market.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Redundant posted:

Checking around and Heavy Cardboard seem to be worried about the longevity of Smartphone Inc. Is it a game that's static nature means that after half a dozen or so games there's not much more enjoyment to be found?

1st edition, probably; there's only so much variety you can get from randomising six technologies between two variants. 2nd edition aims to fix that by adding more technology variants, achievements (the Investors Directives) and a CEO who can unlock bonuses for the region he's in.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

lovestick posted:

I read the card as "Smack your Hard Dong on the Rocks" since it's a game about saunas and was horrified. Then again, maybe they are filling a gap in the CBT boardgame market.
Heat management's less important with clan mechs, an erpp can probably take it.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Antivehicular posted:

Man I hope that's a way of saying a playful slap, instead of like, bumping.

Slig
Mar 30, 2010
I backed Wicked Ones and ended up with a steam key for War for the Overworld, which I already own.

If it's your jam have at it: 25629-YKGH2-YAV0H

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Slig posted:

I backed Wicked Ones and ended up with a steam key for War for the Overworld, which I already own.

If it's your jam have at it: 25629-YKGH2-YAV0H

I enjoyed Dungeon Keeper back in the day, looking forward to trying this. Thanks for the code!

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

theironjef posted:

Man I hope that's a way of saying a playful slap, instead of like, bumping.

Maybe it's a defense card to use when someone plays the sack tap card. Haha, jokes on you, I'm harder than a diamond in an ice storm!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The Tower
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brokenrulergames/the-tower-2

quote:

Content Warning: While I cannot tell you what the game is about, it is my responsibility to let you know The Tower deals with mature subject matter involving deadly violence and its consequences both physical and emotional. Anyone who might not find this to their liking might not want to back this campaign.

Some ideas are a hard sell. They may have an important message you want to share with the world but there's something about the idea that's controversial or risky. Particularly when it comes to making a game about a terrible event that will spiral out of control in ways we never imagined until it became a part of modern life. You know you may never be able to share it but it never truly goes away. Until you see a sign and the opportunity suddenly presents itself.

The Tower is a mature tabletop roleplaying game about a terrifying moment that changes the lives of the people involved. And you won't be able to play it until I'm dead. In the spirit of Break Kickstarter, this campaign will provide you with a password-protected PDF of the finished game by the promised delivery date. The password will only be provided by me in the event of my death by natural or accidental causes.

Is This A Joke?

No. Let me be very clear with this project. The Tower is a real tabletop roleplaying game. It will be available exclusively in PDF and is expected to have a page count between 18-24 pages in an 8.5”x11” format for home printing. Maybe more, maybe less. This game is very real but I'm keeping the subject matter of the game a secret because it is controversial. There will be people who will find the very existence of this game offensive and the message behind it can easily get lost in the furor of instant outrage. And maybe that outrage is warranted, maybe it's just redirecting that anger in a direction that feels achievable compared to the current state of things. So I'd rather not be around when it happens. It's a project I've had in mind for decades and only recently has it become clear I can present it in the form of an RPG.

How is this not just going to be an encrypted pdf of goatse

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FirstAidKite posted:

The Tower
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brokenrulergames/the-tower-2

How is this not just going to be an encrypted pdf of goatse

Eh it's probably a rape game. Designers always think they're being edgy when they design a rape game.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
What a loving coward. If you want to publish a rape game, have the guts to do it and take the heat for it.

Everyone has secrets. We all have things we're ashamed of, or scared to reveal, even if we would like to reveal them. So we all have a choice: tell people and risk the consequences, or just keep your dang secret. Either choice is fine. This Kickstarter attempt to have your cake and eat it too is not clever. Nobody will remember your dumb pdf when you die 30 years from now, and nobody will care, and your secret will stay hidden. It's the same as not telling anybody.

Unless it's a game about suicide and the dude is planning to kill himself after the KS. In which case, I really hope he gets help instead of that.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Certainly "the Outragers will declare this verboten" is a red flag, but this definitely gives off a lot more of a regular old "pretentious wank" vibe than "sex creep." I assume it's the murder of someone he knew, or despite his protestation that the game won't involve "a tower" or whatever it might nevertheless be about the 9-11 attacks.

But also yes, unless he has the time to distribute but then immediately gets hit by a bus, in 20 years maybe two people will remember and one of them will care enough to be disappointed.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Jimbozig posted:

What a loving coward. If you want to publish a rape game, have the guts to do it and take the heat for it.

Everyone has secrets. We all have things we're ashamed of, or scared to reveal, even if we would like to reveal them. So we all have a choice: tell people and risk the consequences, or just keep your dang secret. Either choice is fine. This Kickstarter attempt to have your cake and eat it too is not clever. Nobody will remember your dumb pdf when you die 30 years from now, and nobody will care, and your secret will stay hidden. It's the same as not telling anybody.

Unless it's a game about suicide and the dude is planning to kill himself after the KS. In which case, I really hope he gets help instead of that.

yes, but maybe he scrapes a little money out of not telling anybody his dumb fantasies or fetishes

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Hauki posted:

yes, but maybe he scrapes a little money out of not telling anybody his dumb fantasies or fetishes

That's the coward's way forward. He's not getting my money.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
There's nothing stopping someone from cracking the password and distributing it anyway, so it's just shock value to drum up interest in what's probably a mediocre-at-best RPG.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Slimnoid posted:

There's nothing stopping someone from cracking the password and distributing it anyway, so it's just shock value to drum up interest in what's probably a mediocre-at-best RPG.

Hell, it's surprisingly easy to strip security information out of a PDF without really dealing with the password at all.

OgreNoah
Nov 18, 2003

Nesbit, your bee game has arrived, I'm excited to try it out!

nesbit37
Dec 12, 2003
Emperor of Rome
(500 BC - 500 AD)
Yay! Enjoy it. Eager to get to Gen Con for the public launch at our booth there. Thanks for backing.

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs
Less than two days left on Enchanters: Odyssey + reprint. I went in on the $100 pledge. The game looks really cool and the 'build-an-artifact' mechanic speaks to me.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/470222694/enchanters-odyssey-reprint

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ogdred Weary posted:

Less than two days left on Enchanters: Odyssey + reprint. I went in on the $100 pledge. The game looks really cool and the 'build-an-artifact' mechanic speaks to me.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/470222694/enchanters-odyssey-reprint

Went in on the $136 “get everything!” pledge, but still can’t see how to add the event deck to that? Why so elusive, event deck??

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

OgreNoah posted:

Nesbit, your bee game has arrived, I'm excited to try it out!

I got mine in too, I forgot to post about it. My oldest really likes bees so I’m looking forward to getting it on the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogdred Weary
Jul 1, 2007

A is for Amy who fell down the stairs

Quidthulhu posted:

Went in on the $136 “get everything!” pledge, but still can’t see how to add the event deck to that? Why so elusive, event deck??

The event deck is handled through the pledge manager.

Many people have said the mat is pointless, btw