Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

My all-time team:

Dit Clapper - Ace Bailey - Derek Boogard
Mush March - Odie Cleghorn - Sprague Cleghorn
Toe Blake - Per Djoos - Punch Imlach
Ziggy Palffy - Radek Bonk - Sweeney Schriner
Baldy Cotton - Buzz Boll - Bun Cook

Pierre "Temple" Pilote - Jeff Beukeboom
Hap Day - Zarley Zalapski
Dan Hamhuis - Shayne Gostisbehere
Karlis Skrastins - Ching Johnson

Gump Worsley
Ulcers McCool
Yutaka Fukufuji
Magnus Hellberg
Ron Tugnutt

Precambrian Video Games fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jul 28, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
think that squad might have some chemistry issues. i do love me some dit clapper though

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Shame on you for omitting Darius Kasparaitis and Cal Clutterbuck

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

where the hell is Grant Clitsome

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
WHERE is SATAN??

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Mods rename me Clit Dapper tia

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Don’t forget Greg McKegg

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

With a leg for an arm...

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high
LOOK AT MY DEFENSE AND DESPAIR

i mean sure I'll probably only ice 15 players but still it kicks rear end

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Washington selects Jakob Chychrun

Chychrun comes with pedigree and physical talent. While has has missed a lot of games due to injuries, his ability to bounce back gives us confidence that he can continue at a high level. Most importantly, in the last two seasons he has averaged 20+ minutes in 50+ games, and has performed well. Last year's Coyotes were offensively anemic, but he managed respectable point production and good possession proxies.

Most importantly, he fits our team model of betting on skilled young players to step up, and a 21 year old who has been taking on an increasing role in the NHL since age 18 is exactly what we need.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Boomer the Cannon (Noon EST)
Good Soldier Svejk
ThinkTank
Thufir (x2)
ThinkTank
Good Soldier Svejk
Boomer the Cannon

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Hurry up so I can draft Zac Rinaldo to play Kadri’s wing

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

FBS posted:

where the hell is Grant Clitsome

Caught a terminal case of Joey "Alaskan" Crabb :(

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Edmonton takes Erik Haula

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Minnesota selects David Savard

He got absolutely brutal starts last season and made lemonade with'em. He also had a fairly impressive playoffs, in that I remember noticing him in a positive way despite me not having really heard much of him before.

up next:
ThinkTank
Thufir x 2
ThinkTank
Good Soldier Svejk
Boomer the Cannon

Good Soldier Svejk fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jul 28, 2019

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Nick Schmaltz and his very long contract

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
Travis Dermott is broken and doesn't have a contract but I'll take him. Also I guess Alex Killorn?

e:

Saad - Malkin - Arvidsson
Killorn - B. Schenn - Tatar

Muzzin - Jones
Dermott

Fleury

Thufir fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jul 28, 2019

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'll take Jacob Markstrom because he was genuinely terrific from Christmas on last year and probably single handedly bumped the Canucks up 5 places in the standings.

Bertuzzi - Nugent-Hopkins - DeBrincat
Laine - Schmaltz - Kakko
XXX - Mittelstadt - XXX

Suter - Schmidt

Markstrom

ThinkTank fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 28, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Well gently caress, that was literally my pick there, so instead I'll take Petr Mrazek because he's got a pretty similar GSAA/WAR stat and he's a slightly above average goalie on a not-too-long and not-too-expensive contract which is good enough for me

Gourde - Barzal - Pastrnak
X - Zibanejad - Tuch

Sergachev - Dumba
X - Savard
X - R. Andersson

Mrazek

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Markstrom is going to be an interest test case for the Canucks. He's a UFA at the end of the season and if he has another good year he's probably going to ask upper tier starter money ($6,000,000 or so on a long term deal). Demko hasn't had close to enough reps in at the NHL level to take over, and given Benning's clear shift to win now he has essentially no choice but to re-sign Markstrom. The Canucks don't have any big contracts coming off the books, and 2020/21 will be the final year for Pettersson and Hughes' rookie deals so they'll have to reserve some money for them.

The Canucks could very well be forced to jettison good players because of cap problems as early as next season. Yeeesh.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Edmonton takes Big Save Dave Rittich.

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

It's almost as if the Canucks hosed their own rebuild up by acquiring many terrible veteran contracts that they cant get out of

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fawning deference posted:

It's almost as if the Canucks hosed their own rebuild up by acquiring many terrible veteran contracts that they cant get out of

Win* now** baby

*wins neither guaranteed nor anticipated

** for the purposes of this agreement "now" shall be taken to mean an indeterminate amount of time up to and including ten (10) years from July 1, 2019. Any instances during the "now" period whereupon the team does have any success, Canucks Sports & Entertainment reserves the right to retroactively refer to said instances as the originally intended "target" or "window" seasons, regardless of the duration or time elapsed since the commencement of this agreement.

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Washington selects... Hang on...

Zodijackylite fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jul 28, 2019

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nope, Charlie McEvoy is definitely still available

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Zodijackylite posted:

Washington selects Charlie McEvoy, who I don't think has been picked already.

Fictional player Charlie McEvoy has not been picked, no.

Actual player Charlie McAvoy was picked in the 4th round.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I want Taro Tsujimoto

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

Washington selects a defensemen whose name is easier to spell, Brady Skjei.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Edmonton takes Big Save Dave Rittich.

boo

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Hi I’m going to take Ondrej Palat to finish up my second line.

Marchand-Couturier-Konecny
JVR-Galchenyuk-Palat

Werenski-McAvoy
Spurgeon

Rinne

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
He's currently unsigned but I'll take Thomas Vanek on the hopes some team will pick him up on the cheap.

Parise - Bergeron - Dadonov
Vanek - Stastny - Radulov
- Staal -

Burns - Shattenkirk

Dubnyk

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Selecting for El Gallinero Gros, Tyson Jost

i am the bird (4:18 PM EST)
VOTE1
WeaponX
stab
Jonathan Fisk
Drunk Canuck

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Detroit takes Jordan Eberle and his possibly regrettable contract

Hall - Pettersson - Smith
Ferland - Couture - Eberle

Hughes - Brodie
xxx - Makar

Bobrovsky

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Jets select Carl Soderberg to centre the third line, heavy d zone starts and still breaks even on the fancy stats.

Meier Point Reinhart
DeBrusk Krejci Miller
X - Soderberg - x

Gustafsson - x
Dillon - x

Blackwood

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

With the 291st overall pick the San Jose Sharks select Jack Roslovic

He was really underused by the Jets and I think his ceiling is high

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

― Corey Dostoyevsky
Mr. stab, operating on a shoestring budget, selects wonderboy Jake Virtanen and is now 1.6 million from the cap floor (!!)

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Next up:
Jonathan Fisk (until 6:27 PM EST)
Drunk Canuck
Kilza
JawKnee
Kuule hain nussivan

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

J.T. Compher

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Well, Drunk Canuck is skipped, so now it's my turn. I wanted to finish off my 2nd line here, but the wingers I wanted kept getting taken, so instead I'll just go and grab my 3rd line center now.

Sam Steel had a good showing in 22 games with the Ducks this previous season, and I imagine he'll play the full season with them this upcoming season, where he should be able to produce well and hopefully be a top candidate for the Calder trophy.

Nyquist - Monahan - Wheeler
x - Trocheck - White
x - Steel - x

Hedman - Petry
x - Miller

Raanta

Next up:
JawKnee (until 8:37 PM EST)
Kuule hain nussivan
FBS
lazerwolf
Ergo Propter Hog

Skipped:
Drunk Canuck

Kilza fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jul 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
I'm going to go off the board a bit I guess on a relatively untested rookie LD in Dennis Cholowski

He's 21, and while he did get sent back to the minors last year to work on his defensive plays, in 52 games he managed to put up 7 goals and 9 assists playing over 18 minutes a night on average