Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Boing posted:

I just got into this game with the Seraphon starter box and I put off buying the battletome because they told me to expect a new one any week now. But with nothing from the open day I don't know what to expect. I don't even know what I should be getting next since the entire army might get rebalanced and my lovely saurus warriors will be worthless. I guess I'll just paint some big beautiful dinos in the meantime.

Don't worry too much about what's good on the table unless you want to compete (which imo involves buying lots of boring poo poo for comp lists). I'm sure you'll want to love the army for many years and across several editions so make some dudes you're proud of and enjoy.

If I can get my eel boys looking how I want them I'll be keeping an eye on Free Cities. If GW goes nuts on fancy moustache lads IN SPAAA... um the warp... I'll buy em I don't give a gently caress what they do in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
GW re-release the Free Company / Mordheim Mercenary sprue you curs!

gilljoy
May 3, 2009

Danimo posted:

Damage is always assigned 1 point at a time, so 2 depravity points.

Thanks it makes perfect sense. So max you can get when a hero one rounds a multi wound model is it's wounds minus 1

Danimo
Jul 2, 2005

gilljoy posted:

Thanks it makes perfect sense. So max you can get when a hero one rounds a multi wound model is it's wounds minus 1

Yep. Slaanesh loves fighting beefy stuff like stormcast and orruks

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
slaanesh likes em thicc and beefy

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

gimme the god drat free cities book already you sons a bitches

gilljoy
May 3, 2009
I'm very excited about being able to use my old skull pass dwarfs again

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Does anyone have thoughts on an alternate Contorted Epitome? The official model is really bad.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

moths posted:

Does anyone have thoughts on an alternate Contorted Epitome? The official model is really bad.

I don't hate the regular model, but I think if you're trying to preserve the original theme of the model while doing something that looks very different, one cool angle might be to build it around an actual mirror. Like, start looking for small, ornate mirrors at thrift stores and poo poo.

If you're a freehand guy or someone who goes for a lot of creativity in painting, you could make it a work of art instead of a mirror. You can do that with the official - there's pics online of it painted to look like a landscape - but you could also do that on a large banner or really any flat surface.

Whichever way you go with the Epitome itself, you could mount the mirror/painting/whatever in a chariot, as an alternative to it looking like an immobile piece of terrain.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
If you want to keep the mirror aspect so it stays recognizable, you can pick up some bits from the cauldron of Blood Kit. The mirror, frame and gorgon still can read Slaanesh pretty well since it was designed with Slaanesh corruption of dark elves in mind.

Vvvv for creepy legs I’ve seen a good number of conversions using tyranid large scything talons https://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-40K-Tyranid-Large-scything-talon-Bits/133121020623?hash=item1efea192cf:g:h-0AAOSw3FBbHbuu

Macdeo Lurjtux fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 26, 2019

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks guys, yeah I think the mirror from the dark elf throne is probably the most practical choice. Maybe on doofy legs to walk around, or something creepier than "oops the hvac tubes went everywhere."

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
having one of those moments where I'm trying to decide between weapon loadouts and I my usual method of just magnetizing the option doesn't quite work because the two units have very different base sizes.

in the meantime, though, birbs.

edit: whoever designed the aetherwing models can go to hell.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 26, 2019

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

I am really enjoying painting the gloomspite gitz minis. I'm at 750 points. I want to get these guys up to a full 2000 points, but I'm going to work on my ghosts some more next. I've got enough Nighthaunt figures now to make some fun lists.

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003
Nice. Is that contrast paint? What color did you paint the gitz?

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

berzerkmonkey posted:

Nice. Is that contrast paint? What color did you paint the gitz?

Yep, mostly contrast. For the goblins it's: black templar coats, wyldwood on wood, snakebite leather on shoes and belts, aggoros dune on the net, plaguebearer flesh on the skin, iyanden yellow for the moons. Nazdreg yellow undercoat topped with snakebite leather for the flag. Leadbelcher + nuln oil for most metal, with some leadbelcher under contrast paint on things like the leader's shield and the gong.

Similar for the troggoth, but creed camo thinned down for the skin and full strength creed camo for the scales.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
Finally took some pictures for goonhammer of my Sigmar Death and Chaos dudes

Death:
https://www.goonhammer.com/army-showcase-richyps-army-of-death-age-of-sigmar/

Chaos:
https://www.goonhammer.com/army-showcase-richyps-army-of-chaos-age-of-sigmar/

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
is there a discord for aos or warhammer stuff in general? its not in the OP

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doorknob Slobber posted:

is there a discord for aos or warhammer stuff in general? its not in the OP

Yeah, but I can't provide the link.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
i feel like buying the soul wars box was a mistake because the rules don't really match the unit sizes that come in soul wars and its confusing. I'm going to have to hit up ebay and buy singles to fill these out

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Aug 1, 2019

Texmo
Jun 12, 2002

'Time fer a waaagh from above!
If you pick up Storm Strike and also the Nightvault core box, you've got enough extra models with unique sculpts to fill out the units of Sequitors and Evocators, and also have two (or one large) unit/s of castigators.

No real hope for the ghosts though.

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
New saurus models :woop:

For blood bowl :negative:

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(

Boing posted:

The loving high and low you just sent me through

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

I think tons of people predicted this after the teaser for Beastgrave but it’s cool to see the elf/forest creature crossovers confirmed. Maybe a new faction under a reborn Orion? The preview text calls them the Kurnothi.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
That’d be a good guess, Kurnoth is Allariel’s consort and god of the wild hunt.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Those blood bowl skinks are cute

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Boing posted:

It's sad that it's for Blood Bowl, but if these are a stealth preview of the new dino sculpts... :yoshi:

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man
x-postin'

richyp posted:

Painted up a 250 Reknown Skirmish Warband for Sigmar. Mostly Wanderers, but I added some Sylvaneth for flavour.

Most of those I've posted the other day when I painted them, but today I added the 6 Elves, 3 Sisters of the Watch (on the left) 3 Shadow Warriors (on the right), and added a couple of light sources to make them seem more magical and to add to the winter theme.

Really happy with how they turned out, for how quick they were to paint up. They'll probably get destroyed when the meet their opponents though.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
So I have a pretty specific question: the Empire State Troops (the spear bois) are always shown with at least one of the guys shoeless: is this represented on the models or is it just a GW painting choice (and they could all be painted to have shoes)?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

richyp posted:

x-postin'

These dudes are really good.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Boing posted:

shouldn't be too dear to buy and convert 40 of these, right? :ohdear:

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Saint Drogo posted:

shouldn't be too dear to buy and convert 40 of these, right? :ohdear:

Do it.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
X-postin from the Oath thread, my first finished minis for my Tzeentch army!

Mikey Purp posted:

10 blue horrors and 10 brimstone horrors. Here's everyone together (and sorry that I didn't have time for better pics):

And some pics of my favorites:

The blues were done mostly with contrast and some dry brushing while the brims were airbrushed. Contrast is still kind of tricky for me but I do like the results I got.

The basing was my first time using a technique where you use pva and then drop super glue onto it while still wet, The difference in drying times creates the bubbly crater effect. I love how it came out because it conveys movement and otherworldliness, but I will probably do the next units in a different color. I also tried to use a piece of opal reflective contact paper underneath that to make it seem like a portal opening up under their feet, but I don't think I left enough of it showing and the effect gets lost. I also tinted it yellow which I feel was a mistake. Lessons learned for next time, which is fine since I have about 80 more of these to paint.

Injuryprone
Sep 26, 2007

Speak up, there's something in my ear.

Mikey Purp posted:

X-postin from the Oath thread, my first finished minis for my Tzeentch army!

Really dig those bases, hell yea green!

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I love those lovely little kremzeeks.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
X-postin a lizard:

R0ckfish posted:

Just a small update for now, I finished up a Oldblood last night:

I will probably post again later today when the other model finishes drying.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I hate that the Carnosaur Oldblood is so much cooler than the stand alone one that looks a bit derpy.

Miles O'Brian
May 22, 2006

All we have to lose is our chains
Hi im making some of those balloon pack dwarves

Except the dwarf is a goblin and the balloon is a squig holding in in a big breath like kirby

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Miles O'Brian posted:

Hi im making some of those balloon pack dwarves

Except the dwarf is a goblin and the balloon is a squig holding in in a big breath like kirby

Go on...:allears:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

So basically

fixed it

Hihohe fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Aug 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo