Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arlo and Janis

Tina's Groove Classic (Jan. 3, 2008)

Arlo and Janis Classic (Jan. 3, 1998)

Garfield Classic (Jan. 3, 1988)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Angular Cyrus posted:

Sad Bear

See if you can guess which of these three strips had the dumb pun that made me put off trying to translate these for two months.

It's too drat hot

I love Charco! Thank you for posting more of it.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Ray Billingsley straight up surrendering to Tiggum

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Nov 25, 1950)

Calvin and Hobbes (Feb 9-10, 1986)

I have no idea why the quality of the first one is so bad. That's just how it was on GoComics.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Well it's also a pretty shoddy gag too

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Zip

Rip

My mistake, there are still Dick Tracy Sundays, they're just monochrome and mixed in with the dailies instead of sectioned to the back like the color Sundays were.
Dick May 27-29, 1932

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Is it just me or are your Geech comics appearing half-black?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

I think the implication here is that the companies were separately owned by a husband and wife, probably to get around antitrust legislation, and that the entire dispute stemmed from a petty couple's squabble.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Mister Kingdom posted:

Is it just me or are your Geech comics appearing half-black?

Yeah, it's doing it to me too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
It's badly stored at the source. It improves the comic by blocking out most of the art

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Garfield

Heathcliff

Overboard

Monty

Monty has a dog???

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Moomin and the Martians

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Star Wars remembers that people like Darth Vader

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
go to hell, obh

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Imagine being this enraged that :argh: MILLENNIALS :argh: don't want to deal with the hassle of loving around with bills and coins all day. Especially ones running a small ice cream stand.

2015 Spiderman

1977 Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Footrot Flats

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Haifisch posted:

Imagine being this enraged that :argh: MILLENNIALS :argh: don't want to deal with the hassle of loving around with bills and coins all day. Especially ones running a small ice cream stand.

I don't believe for a second that any business will ONLY use mobile pay; even in the unlikely even that they didn't take cash, let's say for convenience's sake, they'd have a mobile card reader or something like that. Not only has Dustin been especially spiteful lately (that t-shirt strip, yikes), it's actively inventing things to complain about!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I thought possums were a kill-on-sight invasive pest in NZ?

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Haifisch posted:

I'm 100% sure this isn't what Ed is annoyed about, but in Philly the main critiques of cashless shops is that they're a polite way for shops in ritzy areas like Rittenhouse to softly "price out" homeless people or lower income immigrants who may not have access to plastic. It's largely seen as part and parcel with other little methods of gentrification.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

Heathcliff

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

:corsair: Heh heh, you ever notice how poor people always have a nice tv? They should use that TV money to stop being poor! People sure do get what they deserve! Ha ha, poors!

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Next time: New adventure!

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Congrats on the new low OBH.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Transmodiar posted:

Modesty Blaise

Aw, that was a bit anticlimatic ending for a good story.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

amigolupus posted:

Christ, it's just a simple yes or no question. No wonder Fi looks so pissed off all the time.

Also if Dethany was actually a Millennial then she and Guy would have roomed together ages ago just to be able to afford a small apartment.
It has really bugged me that the fact they will no longer be paying 2 rents if they move in together has not been more a part of this story. I don't think it has even been mentioned.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

I bet it hasn't even been 20 minutes since they ate. They are a wild couple!

The Phantom

I seriously have no idea where they are going here.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Cichlidae posted:

There's no way this guy isn't the beatnik art forger, right?
This is also my guess.

Andertoons

Flash Gordon March 1964

And no concern about contamination again. FG is inconsistent.

Vargo! Again with the wrong comic posting thing!

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 28, 2019

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The phantom will need some surgery, this is ample time for dissidents within the medical or security staff to be radicalised and a routine coup plot to ensue as he recovers, fighting the ideological battle from his hospital bed rather than with his fists.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Holy poo poo, this is disgusting. OBH saying the quiet part loud over here.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Its funny because the poor people are attacking each other, instead of the aristocrats! Comedy gold!

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Kennel posted:

Aw, that was a bit anticlimatic ending for a good story.

Maybe, though I find it amusing that Modesty and Willie have grown in infamy to the point that they don't even have to do anything; you just say they showed up and everybody dies.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1986)

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Archyduchess posted:

I'm 100% sure this isn't what Ed is annoyed about, but in Philly the main critiques of cashless shops is that they're a polite way for shops in ritzy areas like Rittenhouse to softly "price out" homeless people or lower income immigrants who may not have access to plastic. It's largely seen as part and parcel with other little methods of gentrification.

I've only run across two places in Chicago that do this. They're both take-out restaurants in the downtown Loop business district. I make a point of not getting my lunch from them. Yes, I could easily pay for lunch with a card (in fact a lot of the time I do just that), but I don't condone any place dropping cash as an option, for the reasons you called out here.

(Also, I can still count on one hand the total number of times I've seen someone using any mobile pay system at a checkout register. But then I mostly shop at un-trendy places.)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I see it all the time. People buy bus tickets with their phones.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Johnny Walker posted:

Vargo! Again with the wrong comic posting thing!

Well if you think posting comics is so easy, why don't YOU try... oh. huh. well, then.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
This was on my local paper today: :dong:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
I thought this video about the origins of Garfield might be of interest to the thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSPidZP_3X8

The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space GUy

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

Frazz

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

The panel with the guy coughing up blood would make a great reaction image to other strips in this thread (*peering at 9cl specifically*)

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
I know Amend does recycle gags a ton but I know I've read this exact same strip before.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

asecondduck posted:

I know Amend does recycle gags a ton but I know I've read this exact same strip before.

Yeah, I had the same thought, I'll see if I can track down the exact comic anywhere.

It's a shame because I think FoxTrot is generally really good throughout its dailies run, but Amend really should have ended it when he switched to Sundays-only. It just seems like his heart isn't really in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

hey dethany why your forehead so big baby