Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Trapick posted:

For "fun" I just checked the cheapest 750ml bottle of vodka available in my province. $21 (on sale) for some Lithuania hemp flavored 38% abomination.

Canada is mostly good, but in this....drat.

I always assumed Canada beer and liquor were so much more as a sin tax. And honestly if that helps with the socialized medicine seems good maybe America cou...

Haha couldn't finish that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

yeah I eat rear end posted:

any restaurant advertising "all you can eat" anything should be avoided unless you can go back in the kitchen and get it yourself. It sounds like a good deal until you finish your first round and realize you have to wait 15 minutes for the waitress to come back to your table to check on you, 20 more minutes to bring your next plate out, and it just repeats like that. Nobody wants to spend like 4 hours at a restaurant just to get some good value. You get bored and if you're somehow still hungry you think "i'll just stop by the long johns drivethru on the way home and save half an hour".

Alternatively, just go to a buffet as they're opening for the day

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

I always assumed Canada beer and liquor were so much more as a sin tax. And honestly if that helps with the socialized medicine seems good maybe America cou...

yeah, canada really does just suck no matter which way ya cut it.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Lol lack of funds is not why the US doesn’t have healthcare. Sin taxes are just a way to control behaviour, and guess who gets the most government control over their booze? That’s right, it’s the territory with the most First Nations people. Wonder why.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

might I offer sirs and madams ITT a selection from one of our renowned breakfast whiskeys

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
i'll have a postum

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

First of all, how dare you walk into my establishment and

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

might I offer sirs and madams ITT a selection from one of our renowned breakfast whiskeys
Is non-alcoholic whiskey gluten free? I had a non-alcoholic pina colada last month

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

more things should be strawberry flavored

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Lol lack of funds is not why the US doesn’t have healthcare. Sin taxes are just a way to control behaviour, and guess who gets the most government control over their booze? That’s right, it’s the territory with the most First Nations people. Wonder why.

Oh dear. Well yeah realistically all sales taxes are taxes on poor people as well. Glad I disagreed with my own sentiment there :smuggo:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gripweed posted:

more things should be strawberry flavored

grape flavored, too. also, orange & lime, its a great combination

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Affleck was the best Batman

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Batman is bad

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. Hunter X Hunter is the best shounen ever made, and Naruto is the worst rip-off of HxH ever made.
2. Hollywood as an industry should burn down entirely and be replaced with a less sleezy east coast version.
3. Elon Musk is an often-misunderstood eccentric who has the best interests of saving mankind with renewables, despite his flaws.
4. Hollywood (and non-HW) hack writers should be held contemptable before court for wasting billions on bullshit media that could've been spent on healthcare.
5. Bioshock Infinite was the most dissapointing game since Spore.
6. Hawaiian pizzas with bacon and/or sausage are great.
7. Chicago isn't really a notable city or metropolis at all. Neither is Detroit.
8. Bollywood is a sleezy, bloated enterprise with reactionary, uninspired media. Anyone who defends that has more poo poo-for-brains than the Ganges River.
9. Star Wars should never have continued after the original Trilogy. Fanboys of the new trilogy are vain manchildren.
10. Sony America is going to shoot the entire company in the foot I swear. (Think of da children)
11. Math past algebra as a curriculum should become an elective instead of mandatory; replace calculus with personal finance as mandatory.
12. High School Sports funding is a loving waste of time and money. Those careers burn out after age 30. Intellectual careers don't.
13. Anime and manga are, by-and-by, superior in most aspects to western comics and tv shows.

Grouchio has a new favorite as of 11:18 on Jul 29, 2019

AFancyQuestionMark
Feb 19, 2017

Long time no see.

Grouchio posted:

Fanboys of the new trilogy are vain manchildren.

Physician, heal thyself

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Tubgoat posted:

Skirts need way more pockets, and way more give in the thighs/crotch, while still holding your items close to your person. We landed a motherfucker on the moon and brought him back without incident, we can't make useful skirts?

Utilikilt already exists.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Lol at reading past “Elon musk good”

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
But Elon Musk sells luxury cars exclusively for rich people, thus he is good (???)

He also developed space tech that he then sold to the military, thus he is good (???)

(???)

???

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I dont mind Elon Musk and the crazy future tech things hes coming out with, a lot of people just seem to have a seething rage at him for being rich.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Grouchio posted:

3. Elon Musk is an often-misunderstood eccentric who has the best interests of saving mankind with renewables, despite his flaws.

his solution for mass transit is every city should have a limitless and constantly growing number of underground single car tunnels. It's insane, and insanely wasteful, and insanely energy inefficient.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Elon Musk would be fine if he was just some wacky Somethingawful poster who wandered into threads and suggested that we need to put trains in vacuum tubes because they'll go faster without air resistance, and everybody tries to explain why that's stupid but he never learns. He would be a beloved character.

The problem is that he's a billionaire, and we live in a world that has decided that being a billionaire means you are listened to and have influence over public policy. So his bad ideas are actually adopted, or at the very least publicly debated. Which makes them impediments to actual improvements.Cities that should be expanding light rail and bus services are instead debating digging an infinite number of one car tunnels under their streets so the rich never have to look at the poor.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I dont mind Elon Musk and the crazy future tech things hes coming out with, a lot of people just seem to have a seething rage at him for being rich.

People mostly started caring about Musk once he got legions of people admiring him. When that happens some people will scrutinize the worship and come up with criticisms.

Usually the fans of this 1%er dismiss this and claim that he is a futurist genius iron man on a crusade to save the world, even though he's just a money guy who never invented anything and all he's done is make poo poo for rich people to get even more money

Collapsing Farts has a new favorite as of 12:36 on Jul 29, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It's an unpopular opinion, it's why it's here. He's probably as autistic as I am.

Grouchio has a new favorite as of 13:51 on Jul 29, 2019

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

7. Chicago isn't really a notable city or metropolis at all. Neither is Detroit.

What makes a city or metropolis “notable”?

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gripweed posted:

Clearly, teetotalers are not fit to be president.

As someone who doesn't drink, can confirm that I absolutely under no circumstances should be president.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Henchman of Santa posted:

I dunno but Chicago definitely has it. That’s why people still think of it as a “major American city” even though it’s second-tier alongside places like Phoenix and Houston.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

I refuse to call Chicago a proper city like Boston or Atlanta or so on. Deep Dish Pizzas? Endemic corruption and crime? Channel Awesome? Come onnnnnn.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Grouchio posted:

I refuse to call Chicago a proper city like Boston or Atlanta or so on. Deep Dish Pizzas? Endemic corruption and crime? Channel Awesome? Come onnnnnn.

Deep dish pizza is largely for tourists and I would argue that endemic corruption and crime is an essential part of a major city.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

You missed comparing Chicago and Detroit

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
That list has a certain quality to it, yeah...

Grouchio posted:

4. Hollywood (and non-HW) hack writers should be held contemptable before court for wasting billions on bullshit media that could've been spent on healthcare.

To pick this one, you think it's the writers who are responsible for how the money is distributed or what gets made? :confused: Or for what healthcare system the country uses and how taxes work? :signings:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

doverhog posted:

That list has a certain quality to it, yeah...

To pick this one, you think it's the writers who are responsible for how the money is distributed or what gets made? :confused: Or for what healthcare system the country uses and how taxes work? :signings:

It’s extra funny after defending Elon Musk, who exists to bilk governments out of billions for useless projects.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Grouchio posted:

12. High School Sports funding is a loving waste of time and money. Those careers burn out after age 30. Intellectual careers don't.

This is a fun one. the vast majority of high school athletes don't go on to have careers in sports. Instead they're just healthier and happier than the fat nerds. And the idea that "intellectual" careers, by which I assume they mean jobs where you sit down, don't "burn out". Skills get outdated, entire industries can be shipped overseas or automated. The fact that you didn't play basketball in high school does not in any way make you more suitable for the job market

But Grouchio's list isn't all bad

Grouchio posted:

13. Anime and manga are, by-and-by, superior in most aspects to western comics and tv shows.

I don't know about TV shows but manga loving blows American comics out of the water. Absolutely no contest. They're right on that

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
One time a tinder person unmatched me because I made fun of them genuinely reading marvel comics as an adult. I am glad. That's extremely unattractive, to me, a guy who rewatches Death Note and FMA Brotherhood at least once a year and posts frequently on something awful dot com.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

This is what all American comics look like

this is what all Japanese comics look like

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

steinrokkan posted:

Utilikilt already exists.
No, I mean skirts, as an industry default, to be worn by human beings. Neckbeards already ruined utilikilts.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Chicag-owns.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
chicago? how about chicag-no

elon musk is probably a furry so he must be destroyed

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
My favorite take on Musk that's engineered to please nobody, is that I really like him because he's rich, but I hate him because he clearly has autism.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Asap Rockie should do hard time. If for no other reason then to show Trump: gently caress you and gently caress the US.

Everyone gets harassed by junkies sometimes, you are still not allowed to slam them to the ground and kick them. I know it's annoying but that's what being an adult is all about, accepting annoying things without resorting to violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
We should release all black people from prison. Some of them probably deserve to be there, but at this point there's no way to know for sure so it makes more sense to wipe the slate clean and start fresh.