Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

FizFashizzle posted:

this is a good video and i encourage all of you to watch it

I had forgotten the 2013 season before that video, but I could remember the other 4 plays. That was the one good Rob Ryan year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It’s amazing how Brees threw for over 5000 yards in multiple losing seasons. Saints wasted so much of his prime.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

It’s amazing how Brees threw for over 5000 yards in multiple losing seasons. Saints wasted so much of his prime.

I think Brady has warped people’s perceptions. Any QB not named Brady or Montana has had multiple non-playoff years.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Brees' arm started falling apart in a big way near the end of the season. He doesn't have much left

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/geoffschwartz/status/1155833352869560320

I'm hooked and I can't stop staring
Oh baby, I want to get wit'cha
And take your picture
My homeboys tried to warn me
But with that butt you got makes (me so horny)

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Shame to see a promising young career thrown away by blatantly ignoring core tenants of the TB12 method.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

You’re not wrong, but you can basically argue this for Rodgers, Ryan, Rivers, etc as well. At least he has one Super Bowl to his credit.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Cam Meredith cut. Welp.

https://twitter.com/MikeTriplett/status/1155859897189371904

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

waah posted:

Please give suggestions for videos to feature.

https://twitter.com/RexChapman/status/1155865207299878919

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Consider it done.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

waah posted:

Donte Jackson loses to Curtis Samuel because of a pretty rear end pass from... Will Grier?

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/1155117684687802368?s=19

Donte looks nice and quick in that rep too, guaranteed most DBs wouldn't be able to keep up with Samuel so closely. Grier was kind of known is a nice deep ball thrower in college iirc

fartknocker posted:

So it’s like Tecmo with Bo Jackson and QB Eagles... :thurman:

Does that mean Madden will actually be good this year? :laugh:

I've been playing it and I like it. It really doesn't have a whole lot to offer over last year, but there are new animations, it looks better and plays a little better too. It's true that it's a cynical cash grab with almost no extra work put into it over last year's version, but it's also true that it's a fun football game. I've been playing the story mode where you play as a college QB for a couple games, then get drafted and lead the Broncos (I'm not sure if it's the Broncos every time or if that just happened to me) through the preseason and then the season. I'm really enjoying myself and learning quite a bit about football too.

I think what we're seeing in that video is these new superstar x factor poo poo where certain players have special powers, and somehow they figured out a way to cheese it. I think it's the one for quarterbacks where the first tackle always fails, but then they're resetting the power somehow.

Anyways, you can play it right now for 15 bucks a month. I'll probably play it a month or two and then cancel that poo poo (and then pirate it when it eventually comes out so I can enjoy single player).

a new study bible! posted:

I enjoy it. That said, I only exclusively play franchise mode single player and don't fuss with online stuff. There's a new system with star players and superstars that's fun.

I can't even find where online mode is. I kinda wanna try it to see if I'm actually good and not just good at victimizing the AI.

Is online all Ultimate team? Because I don't do microtransaction bullshit and I'm not remotely interested in buying e-cards or whatever other retarded poo poo they've got. I did play the MUT thing a bit and it was sort of fun with the missions so I'll keep playing it so long as I don't have to pay real money

If anyone on PC wants to play hit me up in PMs, although you'll also have to explain to me how we do that

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Panthers are not my thing but this is beautiful all around

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status...a6-f0aafb2ca57d

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

panthers looking good

maybe i'll head up to wofford to catch a practice

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

panthers looking good

I'll chip in some gas money.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Ehud posted:

panthers looking good

No.

Nonononononononono

No

No
Nonononononono

Stay.

Dont you loving go.

No.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Does anyone else have absolutely no goddamn idea how to play defense in Madden and just uses the suggested plays?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Does anyone else have absolutely no goddamn idea how to play defense in Madden and just uses the suggested plays?

I have some idea, but for the most part I'm too lazy to care. Instead of making audible adjustments once you see the offensive formation (which is what you do when you're good) I just try and figure out where the ball's going and get a guy there. You also want to do some situational playcalling based on down and distance, obviously. If it's third down and long you want guys hanging back, if it's goal line you want them all up there, etc.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I do the opposite.

I play defense fine but my offense is trash

Play
Apr 25, 2006

One of the modes I'm liking is the franchise QB guy mode where you make your guy and play through some college games then start playing season games. A cool touch is in that mode you don't control the defense and you don't control the running back or the wide receivers. You don't control anyone but your player, basically. Drawing up the perfect run and watching from a distance as your RB breaks it for a long touchdown is one of the funnest things every for some reason, and I like how that mode limits the scope down to what you do as a QB (and play caller, to be fair).

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I always just picked whatever and played a DT because the camera angle / speed was just too much for me to get reasonable with.

And since running in madden was always trash I would then loop them out to a wide 9 spot and rush the QB.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
If you have one SB win your career isn't wasted, in my opinion. Superbowls are incredibly hard to do and guys who win a bunch of them(esp more than two) are the exception.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Let's check in on Raiders backup qb Nathan Peterman

https://twitter.com/LeviDamien/status/1155899996945825794

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kalli posted:

I always just picked whatever and played a DT because the camera angle / speed was just too much for me to get reasonable with.

And since running in madden was always trash I would then loop them out to a wide 9 spot and rush the QB.

I know the good players always play linebacker but I actually enjoy safety. You can react to the run way quicker than the AI will when you're controlling, and it's also not too hard to run with the deepest receiver and keep your zone covered, maybe even get a pick on an ill advised throw.

Maybe we should make a Madden thread?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Play posted:

I know the good players always play linebacker but I actually enjoy safety. You can react to the run way quicker than the AI will when you're controlling, and it's also not too hard to run with the deepest receiver and keep your zone covered, maybe even get a pick on an ill advised throw.

Maybe we should make a Madden thread?

There's a thread in the armchair quarterback forum.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I play as edge rusher because you just spam spin or bullrush (depending on which one your player is better at) and then hit x/joystick when you are near the QB and rack up sacks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

I’m still playing Madden 18 and I dare you to tell me there’s a difference.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I’m still playing Madden 18 and I dare you to tell me there’s a difference.

There are differences, and they're primarily aesthetic. More animations, better graphics, etc. Playbook changes. Some garbage single player thing they cobbled together in 15 minutes. That's about it

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1155914237501464576?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Volkerball posted:

There's a thread in the armchair quarterback forum.

With the most angry person on earth it seems running it.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I'm 25% lol dolphins and 75% kudos to Flores for admitting it was a poor hire and dealing with it now

turns out you made a bad hire? rip that band aid off now.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Ehud posted:

I'm 25% lol dolphins and 75% kudos to Flores for admitting it was a poor hire and dealing with it now

turns out you made a bad hire? rip that band aid off now.

Yeah, it's probably a good sign that he's willing to admit he made a mistake. It took Dirk Koetter like 2 years to realize how lovely Mike Smith was and it likely cost him his job.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Dave DeGuglielmo is also bad and has most recently been fired by both the Patriots and Jets.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
2 of the first major injuries in camp so far are two guys from the AAF. Keith Reaser (Chiefs) tore his achilles and Orion Stewart (Bucs) tore his ACL.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Yet Tom Cable lives

Play
Apr 25, 2006

ligaments for the ligament god. it hungers for short bands of tough, flexible fibrous connective tissue which connects two bones or cartilages

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

panthers looking good

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees gooooooooooooooooooooooo

:getin:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Keith Reaser (Chiefs) tore his achilles

Didn't realize that was an achilles, I'd seen worries about ACL.

Sucks for him, the Chiefs are thin as hell at CB and he was apparently looking good compared to others. He'd surely have at least made the team.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Dave DeGuglielmo is also bad and has most recently been fired by both the Patriots and Jets.

I mean, what else are you gonna do at this point?

Just gonna have to make due for a season and then you can address it next offseason.

We could bring in Jesus Christ to coach the line and it’s not gonna make a difference this season anyways.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I wonder what the hell is up with Pat Flaherty- he's had some good line performances with his career, but he managed to get shitcanned by a guy he has worked with long-term w/ Coughlin in Jacksonville, and now gets fired four days into a training camp.

I wanted Gase to keep DeGuglielmo after he replaced the cokehead, and I wanted the Dolphins to hire him originally after this year, so I'm pretty OK with this it's just weird.

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Naw, DeGuglielmo is good, I think he just gets a poo poo rap from having the unenviable task of taking over for Scarnecchia.

The guy performed some pretty good feats for the Dolphins in his previous uh....two stints here. Helped developed Jake Long, had a handful of veterans(Justin Smiley, Jake Grove, Richie Incognito) perform their best under him. Got a guy who had never played Center in his football career before to take over in the middle of a game years ago(and the guy went on to be a pretty solid Center for the rest of his career- Joe Berger)

I uhh...have opinions about offensive line coaches, apparently.

Hamhandler fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Jul 29, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Rosen is gonna get Carr-Bradford Syndrome.