Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

my bony fealty posted:

speaking of Kim Kelly NPR apparently stopped working with her because she is a "political activist"

loving right wing hacks

Grim Kim for lyfe

NPR of all loving things are right wing hacks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Less right wing hackery, more commitment to the false pretense of perfectly objective journalism

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Bertrand Hustle posted:

i can't believe the news outlet largely bankrolled by the koch brothers is right wing

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Hulk Krogan posted:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/rdmwa6/dragonforce-demoniac-interview

TL;DR: Probably teenage edgelord bullshit but it's pretty yikes

The band is dumb edgelord poo poo but that interview is the worst and I’m surprised they even bothered sticking around for that long. I like her every now and then but lol come on that’s a joke.

Shamed
Feb 14, 2012

One thousand credits is my humble price
For what it's worth, Kim is also the person who used to brag about owning shitloads of NSBM LPs. Also the person who managed Anal oval office, who by the end were completely unironically shitheads.

This is/was her bestie doing this interview: http://mourningtheancient.com/demonic.htm

(check out the answer below "the world we live", although that might be too tenuous a link considering there's no source for her being besties with Dana)

I think the message is good, but it feels very disingenuous that she's the one leading this charge.

EDIT: To be clear, it is bullshit that NPR fired her.

Shamed fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Jul 30, 2019

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

**Jotting down SA reg dates in a notebook**

Hmm, yes. Quite.

TeamJesus
Sep 21, 2006

He died for your sins...
Now he's back for your
BRAINS!

Hell yeah. Pre-ordered the vinyl and shirt.

Gorewar
Dec 24, 2004

Bang your head

Shamed posted:

For what it's worth, Kim is also the person who used to brag about owning shitloads of NSBM LPs. Also the person who managed Anal oval office, who by the end were completely unironically shitheads.

This is/was her bestie doing this interview: http://mourningtheancient.com/demonic.htm

(check out the answer below "the world we live")

I think the message is good, but it feels very disingenuous that she's the one leading this charge.

Why? People change.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Nordick posted:

DRGNFRCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5CsAs798I

It's.... it's very much archetypal Dragonforce. I was never a huge fan, but they have their moments. Listen if you like triumphant choruses and fast guitar noodling.
Dragonforce is definitely a band that knows its niche.

Shamed
Feb 14, 2012

One thousand credits is my humble price

Gorewar posted:

Why? People change.

Yeah, you're right. She's definitely saying the right things now anyway.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Anal oval office rules

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Kim makes really stupid guys extremely mad and that's good.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Got at least 3 people interested in the patches so far. Can think of a couple more friends I could hit up.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Nordick posted:

DRGNFRCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rn5CsAs798I

It's.... it's very much archetypal Dragonforce. I was never a huge fan, but they have their moments. Listen if you like triumphant choruses and fast guitar noodling.
Even by this band's standards this is absolute loving amateur hour garbage

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Vulture Culture posted:

Even by this band's standards this is absolute loving amateur hour garbage

A guy I toured with use to live in LA and saw the guitarist (one in the sunglasses in that video) sitting in the corner looking rough as hell about 6 years ago. This is when they first blew up, and he recognized him from the fire and the flames video. He sits down and starts chatting it up with the dude, and he literally starts crying in the bar. So my friend is trying to chill him out and ask what's wrong? The dude spills his guts that they slowed down the recordings to play those super fast solos, and fast parts in general, and that the band literally couldn't do it live. They had just started their tour, and were about to blast around the world, and the guy was so heartbroken that everyone was gonna find out they really sucked that he was just sitting there alone drinking his face off. (Just watched that whole video, looks like nothings changed)

A human heart
Oct 10, 2012

It would be a bit easier to take the likes of kim kelly seriously if she did anything with her politics other than write metal 'journalism' that could have come out of a uk tabloid.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i dont know who kim kelly is but i do know that one of the first 3 hits of her on google is from deathmetal.org and that does not bode well.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A human heart posted:

It would be a bit easier to take the likes of kim kelly seriously if she did anything with her politics other than write metal 'journalism' that could have come out of a uk tabloid.

She seems very active in her community. To be completely honest she seems like she’s better at that than her journalism. That said I really don’t mean to bash her. She’s doing a good thing even if the way she does some of it seems pretty backwards.

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

I've never heard of her before but her tone and style of writing makes me want to stab myself

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Klaaz posted:

I've never heard of her before but her tone and style of writing makes me want to stab myself

but enough about your posts!!

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Pokey Araya posted:

A guy I toured with use to live in LA and saw the guitarist (one in the sunglasses in that video) sitting in the corner looking rough as hell about 6 years ago. This is when they first blew up, and he recognized him from the fire and the flames video.

Hate to break it to you but that was 13 years ago not 6, you're older than you think (me too)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i dont know who kim kelly is but i do know that one of the first 3 hits of her on google is from deathmetal.org and that does not bode well.

Because she makes them insanely mad, which again is good

Monstaland
Sep 23, 2003

Just read some more stuff from her and I guess she's pretty cool

unlike my white noise posting

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
http://www.brooklynvegan.com/rammstein-protest-russias-anti-lgbt-law-by-kissing-on-stage-in-moscow/

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0jJQnBgy0K/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ft6_h7gK2Q
uwu

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Rammstein owns

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

There's no reason to listen to DragonForce after the first three albums.

Arguably there's no reason to listen to them but they have a special place in my 30 year old body with a 16 year old heart.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
It was extremely weird when there was a 6 month period in middle school where everyone liked Dragonforce regardless of taste.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Middle school was also the time I had the misapprehension that Lars Ulrich was the greatest drummer of all time.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Vargatron posted:

Middle school was also the time I had the misapprehension that Lars Ulrich was the greatest drummer of all time.

I was under the impression that all drums were played by hand so double bass blew my loving my mind out of my skull

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Henchman of Santa posted:

I was under the impression that all drums were played by hand so double bass blew my loving my mind out of my skull

So did you think every drummer was goro from mortal Kombat?

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

she wrote an article for npr about how cool jo bench is

The Muppets On PCP fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 31, 2019

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

A human heart posted:

Lol she was one of the people that unionized Vice and iirc still does work for the Writer's Guild.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Henchman of Santa posted:

It was extremely weird when there was a 6 month period in middle school where everyone liked Dragonforce regardless of taste.

Guitar Hero was a thing that probably should have never happened.

I saw Iron Maiden last night, they still rule so much. Most of the classics were played, it was amazing. Some guy from Germany was there and is seeing like 5 or 6 shows on this tour, that's a crazy level of dedication.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Varg posted:

Guitar Hero was a thing that probably should have never happened.

I saw Iron Maiden last night, they still rule so much. Most of the classics were played, it was amazing. Some guy from Germany was there and is seeing like 5 or 6 shows on this tour, that's a crazy level of dedication.

Agreed on Guitar Hero. Just left everybody with a bunch of embarassing toy instruments.

I have tickets for a show next month; Iron Maiden was like my third concert ever back in 2000 and somehow I haven't seen them since. Time to fix that (and luckily it's one of their nostalgia tours)

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I liked Guitar Hero :(

The drums were really fun but broke easily. And they exposed people to some pretty good music that they might not have otherwise heard!

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Rock band was better.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

Vargatron posted:

There's no reason to listen to DragonForce after the first three albums.

Arguably there's no reason to listen to them but they have a special place in my 30 year old body with a 16 year old heart.

They were always atrocious and a joke op

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Hulk Krogan posted:

Lol she was one of the people that unionized Vice and iirc still does work for the Writer's Guild.

Don't let facts get in the way of the attempt to minimize the successful career of a woman

Guitar Hero was fun and I thank it for turning people on to The Sword. before The Sword got all weird and lame.

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Weaponized Cum posted:

They were always atrocious and a joke op

I mean I also listen to Dream Theater...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Early Dragonforce is extremely fun and good.