Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hello everyone im a democrat running for president in 2040 and im proud to announce my new proposal to level the playing field by deferring interest on all organ debt until the organ recipient is born

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
see all i went mentally was "secret of nimh except also bioshock"

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Battle Queen 2020 is a documentary.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

I thought that was the term for a penis enlargement

this is very confusing

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-license-plate-recognition-drive-through-restaurant-20190711-story.html

Fast-food chains consider trying license plate recognition in drive-throughs
Drive-throughs have been a staple of American life since the mid-20th century, but how they work — and how well they know you — is about to change.

Fast-food chains are looking to deploy cameras that recognize license plates in order to identify customers, personalize digital menus and speed up sales. Starbucks began trying such a system in South Korea last year with customers who preregistered their cars. Restaurants in the United States are now looking to follow suit.

As the cost of the software, and of high-quality internet-connected cameras, has come down, the uses of license plate recognition have grown. Wary homeowner associations use private systems to spot potential criminals, and construction sites use the technology to monitor incoming traffic. Privacy advocates say that this is excessive and that the widespread use of tracking technology is dangerous.

Drive-throughs could use license plate recognition to help identify repeat customers, enabling a restaurant chain to link an individual car with a customer’s credit card and order history — meaning the customers could pay without pulling out their wallets or phones.

Customers who belong to loyalty programs or use restaurants’ apps could add their license plates to their existing profiles; cameras positioned in drive-through lanes would then take photos of cars’ plates, and the analysis software would determine whether they belonged to known customers.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I felt threatened so I went into my app and stopped the suspect's heart. Yes, I think this was a proportionate response. No, I did not know the suspect was ten years old.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah. I was also referring to the Awkward Ugly and Gross thread here on the forums, because such a mutation would probably be one or more of those

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

mysterious frankie posted:

If I could get verbal consent from the animal before eating it it sure would clear up some ethical dilemmas I live with. Maybe put a little flash drive with a clip of the animan assuring me that it wants it this way in the package with the meat. Yeah. Then it wouldn’t bother me anymore.

a cool new fetish

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

Koishi Komeiji posted:

So "body brokers" are a thing now. You offer free cremation services to poor people with the agreement that you take some "cells" for cancer research but in actuality this happens:

https://gizmodo.com/fbi-finds-bucket-of-heads-cooler-of-penises-sewn-fran-1836697819

And the guy who owns the company his last name is literally gore and he only got one year in jail for this.

i'm 100% positive arizona is the florida of the southwest and that "arizona man" will inevitably overtake the illustrious "florida man" once the majority of florida becomes submerged in ocean water by the end of the next decade

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Freaking Crumbum posted:

i'm 100% positive arizona is the florida of the southwest and that "arizona man" will inevitably overtake the illustrious "florida man" once the majority of florida becomes submerged in ocean water by the end of the next decade

i;ve been trying to coin the phrase "West Florida" as Arizona for years now ever since i found out my friends boomer parents were trying to move there to die retire. They ended up going to Florida instead for reasons I guess.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Freaking Crumbum posted:

I get what you're saying about arizona but by the time florida is underwater arizona will be a scorched to death hell desert. But then again maybe "arizona man" will just simply live on as "arizona reaver".

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the stereotype of rich white boomers retiring to the sun belt has always meant florida and arizona specifically imo

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Koishi Komeiji posted:

I get what you're saying about arizona but by the time florida is underwater arizona will be a scorched to death hell desert. But then again maybe "arizona man" will just simply live on as "arizona reaver".

lol if you think any higher forms of life will be able to live in Arizona in 50 years.

uber_stoat has issued a correction as of 00:12 on Jul 31, 2019

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

uber_stoat posted:

lol if you think any higher forms of life will be able to live in Arizona in 50 years.

ya'll should read The Water Knife

tl:dr rich people in the southwest live in SIm City 2000 arcologies after climate change has rendered it an uninhabitable desert (more so than today). poor people outside stand in line and pay a preimum for water bottles and the US has balkanized in all but name and climate change refugees are constantly trying to escape to northern states where it's still liveable. "Water Knives" are basically mobsters who work for corporations and plutocrats to steal water from poors and other plutocrats.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/nicoles/status/1154622260910575617?s=20

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I think we'd see designer organs (ie catgirls and dumb bullshit like Grimes' blueblocker eyeballs) rather than locking down basic organs.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Freaking Crumbum posted:

You'd need to have the same sort of transparency laws that let small-scale misdemeanors wind up getting reported nationally. And alligators.

I've been finding a lot of stories of people mishandling human remains lately. Coroners (as opposed to medical examiners who are required to actually have qualifications aside from being just some rando into poking bodies) have a habit of getting really nasty with the bodies that they're supposed to be handling between totally unqualified workers getting put into positions. Pet crematories aren't held to a real standard, and have been found to just mass-cremate bodies and just shuffle the remains around, which is how a certain prominent human crematory was back in the 80s. There was also a dollop about it. Although some perfectly legitimate uses of human bodies would gross a lot of people out.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

there's an urban legend about an idiot kid who climbs into a clothes dryer during the spin cycle

but this version you pay for and there's mediocre tech house.

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
It's only a short thematic jump from "forced rave" to "unwilling cyborg army, screaming to be set free while they are commanded to run full-tilt into a mob right as 'slaughter-mode' is engaged".

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

In the future, android warriors will be remote controlled by citizens of our fair republic. a national call of duty, where each soldier is a citizen, participating in a video game where they can help exert our greatness over lesser countries and worlds.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

In the future, android warriors will be remote controlled by citizens of our fair republic. a national call of duty, where each soldier is a citizen, participating in a video game where they can help exert our greatness over lesser countries and worlds.

Survive 2 full tours and you're given a voucher to get a deferrment on your tax liability for your student loans

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

So enders game, but more slurs and memes.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

This seems completely fake. They're not even remotely in sync.

And I don't see any limbs breaking because someone flexed in a different direction than the "exoskeleton" wanted to go.

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

The event organisers commemorated it with a rune stone.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

https://kotaku.com/glitch-reveals-popular-young-streamer-is-a-middle-aged-1836843617

A popular Chinese streamer was wearing a digital face mask to make her look like a pretty young woman, only for it to fail mid-stream.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

ReelBigLizard posted:

The event organisers commemorated it with a rune stone.

This is the best thing.

With spears we shall vanquish the buzzing menace!

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Necrothatcher posted:

https://kotaku.com/glitch-reveals-popular-young-streamer-is-a-middle-aged-1836843617

A popular Chinese streamer was wearing a digital face mask to make her look like a pretty young woman, only for it to fail mid-stream.

lmao that owns

from the article:

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
that’s praxis

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I would have you consult statuate 12 b: Sisters Are Doing It For Themselves

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

PerniciousKnid posted:

So enders game, but more slurs and memes.

Homeless Friend posted:

Lol imagine Trump being in charge of first contact

VectorSigma posted:

somewhere out there is a species that has four or more sexes and biological reproduction follows a sequence and there are separate taboo categories for every permutation of the sequence which deviates from the natural progression, and it was the need to comprehend the number of resulting fetishes that led to their development of higher maths and eventually interstellar hegemony, though their ability to communicate with other intelligent life is limited by their language being 98.3% comprised of words roughly translatable to "human being"

Tiler Kiwi posted:

trump admin team, in its hour of desperation and not knowing what to do with this intel, suddenly startle as a cry of human being BITCH SUCK MY MOMS COCK perices the room. except this time, it wasn't from the universal translator decyphering another communication from the looming armada; it came from within the crisis room. wide eyed, they slowly turn their gaze to the corner of the room, where young barron trump is screaming at his xbox

"gamers." mumbles one stodgy professor type, watching barron viciously teabag a teammates corpse. "gamers have spent their whole lives with a human being-based syntax."

a grizzled general grabs an intern excitedly. "get the president on the line, tell him we found our negotiator"

COMING 2018: ART OF THE DEAL 2: SON OF THE DEAL

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

gently caress it, I've watched worse.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I think this was an episode of Stargate

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

Stevie Lee posted:

lmao that owns

from the article:

not as good as the fat bald man that was using a voice changer and one of those anime face recognizer things to stream as a virtual waifu only for it to fail mid stream and reveal the wizard of oz behind cute curtain

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i don't remember writing that at all, and im both kind of proud but also distressed that i haven't said anything as remotely funny in like, over a year.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kuriharan/status/1156337181142577152?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

christ even the robots in this lovely cyberpunk future suck

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lmao

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku6oPGWW7Q

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ok hear me out. A C-PAP machine. For your dick. And also it can follow you into the kitchen.