Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you wish to win the Democratic primaries?
This poll is closed.
Joe Biden, the Inappropriate Toucher 18 1.46%
Bernie Sanders, the Hand Flailer 665 54.11%
Elizabeth Warren, the Plan Maker 319 25.96%
Kamala Harris, the Cop Lord 26 2.12%
Cory Booker, the Super Hero Wannabe 5 0.41%
Julian Castro, the Twin 5 0.41%
Kirsten Gillibrand, the Franken Killer 5 0.41%
Pete Buttigieg, the Troop Sociopath 17 1.38%
Robert Francis O'Rourke, the Fake Latino 3 0.24%
Jay Inslee, the Climate Alarmist 8 0.65%
Marianne Williamson, the Crystal Queen 86 7.00%
Tulsi Gabbard, the Muslim Hater 23 1.87%
Andrew Yang, the $1000 Fool 32 2.60%
Eric Swalwell, the Insurance Wife Guy 2 0.16%
Amy Klobuchar, the Comb Enthusiast 1 0.08%
Bill de Blasio, the NYPD Most Hated 4 0.33%
Tim Ryan, the Dope Face 3 0.24%
John Hickenlooper, the Also Ran 7 0.57%
Total: 1229 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
Smart CNN, interview Amy first so we can't just tune out after our faves.

e:

ComfyPants posted:

Whoever wins should at least offer to make Williamson the Secretary of Astrology.

vez veces fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Jul 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Mahoning posted:

Neither have I, but I can recognize how good he is at it and there are a lot dumber people than you and I that’ll fall for his bullshit.

There’s a reason that a mayor of a dumpass midwestern town is polling in double digits. He’s a very good speaker that knows the right notes to hit. That you and I don’t fall for it is irrelevant. He doesn’t want our votes anyways, he wants Biden voters.

I've been following Pete's political career since like 1999 and he has always spoken like that. I've honestly always thought it was a weak spot because he always sounds real robotic.

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal
edit: whoops quoted calibanibal by mistake

Mizaq fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jul 31, 2019

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

CornHolio posted:

She has a pretty soothing voice.

She has that weird accent that some people have that I don’t think I can place.

e: she’s nuts and anti-vaxx apparently but whatever... i wouldn’t want her as President but VP would be great.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

SirKibbles posted:

Williamson rallied against the dark psychic forces

Everyone knows you beat Dark Psychic forces with Bug Pokemon.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

BGrifter posted:

Everyone knows you beat Dark Psychic forces with Bug Pokemon.

yeah... no. why is Bug the opposite of Dark? that doesn't even make sense. Why is Fairy the opposite of Psychic? new pokemon is a loving waste

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

OhDearGodNo posted:

e: she’s nuts and anti-vaxx apparently but whatever... i wouldn’t want her as President but VP would be great.

She's not anti vaxx. She's nuts, but let's not lie.

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Calibanibal posted:

For real. He isn't lying.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calibanibal posted:

yeah... no. why is Bug the opposite of Dark? that doesn't even make sense. Why is Fairy the opposite of Psychic? new pokemon is a loving waste

hiveminds resist psychic attacks, and so do alien minds like fairies.

You fool

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

OhDearGodNo posted:

It's Dianne's wierd New England accent from Cheers

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Leon Sumbitches posted:

No let me tell you about how what she is, is technically close enough to my idea of anti-vaxx (1/116)

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Leon Sumbitches posted:

Not lying- if what I read isn’t accurate and I’m wrong that’s good and I thank you for correcting.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Bernie's yelling has scared former Obama staffers children, what a monster

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

OhDearGodNo posted:

Not lying- if what I read isn’t accurate and I’m wrong that’s good and I thank you for correcting.

https://www.latimes.com/nation/politics/la-na-pol-williamson-vaccines-20190619-story.html

/shrug

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
I still can't believe Bullock said he was unequivocally for nuclear proliferation

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May

CornHolio posted:

I've been following Pete's political career since like 1999 and he has always spoken like that. I've honestly always thought it was a weak spot because he always sounds real robotic.

Pete has been in politics since he was 18?

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

Polygynous posted:

how the gently caress is marianne, zero irony, the 3rd best person there

Her M4A comment got her canceled as my backup protest vote.

vez veces
Dec 15, 2006

The engineer blew the whistle,
and the fireman rung the bell.
Regarding Williamson's antivaxx stuff, just now searched around for it and found this.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/marianne-williamson-insist-not-cult-leader-anti-vaxxer

She claims she's not anti-vaxx, but she's also said vaccine mandates are Orwellian. She also wrote this, "most antidepressants are being prescribed by Dr.s who aren't even mental health professionals, & many times when people are simply SAD," which, really, gently caress you and what?

Pretty funny she felt the need to explicitly deny being a cult leader, though.

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp

gohmak posted:

Her M4A comment got her canceled as my backup protest vote.

hey she could change her mind on that by the next debate :v:

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Kro-Bar posted:

Pete has been in politics since he was 18?

Sure. He was my class president. :cool:

And I voted for him.

Hell, I thought it was neat when he ran for state treasurer years ago and even then people were talking about a presidential run in his future.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
anyway, debate grades:

Sanders/Warren Tag Team: A, can't wait to see how they perform at summer slam
Williamson: B-, psychic warrior made some good points
Butt: C+, I can't actually remember anything he said and if anything he felt weirdly removed from the rest of the debate
Beto: C, well he didn't poo poo himself
Klobacher: C-, I have nothing more to add
Ryan: F-, Ohio sucks and so do you
Hickenlooper: F-, should've run for senate you dumbass
Delaney: F--, getting killed by Warren was a better fate then you deserved
Bullock: G for Go gently caress Yourself

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

CornHolio posted:

Sure. He was my class president. :cool:

And I voted for him.

Hell, I thought it was neat when he ran for state treasurer years ago and even then people were talking about a presidential run in his future.

You nerd.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Wow can I get some tier lists? I might compile them.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
This is truly a woman who I can trust on the issue of medical science and isn't just a complete quack

https://twitter.com/gbrockell/status/1142977411216302080

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Empire State posted:

Regarding Williamson's antivaxx stuff, just now searched around for it and found this.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/marianne-williamson-insist-not-cult-leader-anti-vaxxer

She claims she's not anti-vaxx, but she's also said vaccine mandates are Orwellian. She also wrote this, "most antidepressants are being prescribed by Dr.s who aren't even mental health professionals, & many times when people are simply SAD," which, really, gently caress you and what?

Pretty funny she felt the need to explicitly deny being a cult leader, though.

She's probably talking about Seasonal Affective Disorder?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Acebuckeye13 posted:

anyway, debate grades:

Sanders/Warren Tag Team: A, can't wait to see how they perform at summer slam
Williamson: B-, psychic warrior made some good points
Butt: C+, I can't actually remember anything he said and if anything he felt weirdly removed from the rest of the debate
Beto: C, well he didn't poo poo himself
Klobacher: C-, I have nothing more to add
Ryan: F-, Ohio sucks and so do you
Hickenlooper: F-, should've run for senate you dumbass
Delaney: F--, getting killed by Warren was a better fate then you deserved
Bullock: G for Go gently caress Yourself

I would empty quote this except Cleveland has redeeming value

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

The Glumslinger posted:

This is truly a woman who I can trust on the issue of medical science and isn't just a complete quack

you need to think on a much deeper level

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
On MSNBC, the anti-Republican network, Claire McCaskill wants you to know that you can’t promise “free stuff” because people already assume they won’t get any of it and then Trump can tell them the Mexicans took it all. No criminal offense for border crossing combined with universal healthcare will be seen a mixture that will turn us into the underdeveloped world’s doctors office as people from elsewhere just dance across the border to get whatever they want done on our system’s dime.

Jesus Christ. In theory that message was aimed at me, and it failed.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KillHour posted:

You nerd.

I know, right?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Has anybody fallen harder than Beto? Dude was a legit rising star in Democratic politics and was arguably the most talked about candidate overall in the 2018 midterms. He landed the campaign manager that had been recommended by Obama and literally every Dem wanted for their campaign and loving Mayo Pete is running circles around him in the “youngish white moderate” lane of the primary. There are worse candidates in the field than Beto, but I don’t think any campaign has been as bad as his.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Glumslinger posted:

tbh I'm actually mildly offended by shitheads like this because everything she said there is super basic 'AIDS is hell and even while being treated it's hell so yea you probably need a little woo woo bullshit to make it less hell' that tons of people with terrible conditions get and she has a literal foundation that has done more for AIDS patients specifically (including get them meds you idiot) than literally anyone on that stage has done directly in their lives.

Like, gently caress, make fun of her psychic egg poo poo but are you really such a reddit reject you take 'you have to have a positive mindset and try to find a silver lining in this thing that will probably end your life even while being treated' and go 'pft, what a quack'? Have you actually worked around people with this kinda poo poo because these kinda comments are super common in therapy groups and all but yea clearly her charity work and all were a deep cover to just shove a crystal up their rear end and send them on their way, you absolute brick.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Beto was so funded by oil to the point he is unelectable almost anywhere outside of Texas, and failed to beat Texas’s least popular Republican. There isn’t anywhere he can go.

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Calibanibal posted:

S Tier - Sanders, medicare for all

A Tier - Wolf, Akuma, Marianne (Astral Radiance mode)

B Tier - Warren, Zangief

OCS Tier - Guile, Buttigeig, Tulsi

D Tier - beto, Marianne (normal mode)

F Tier - jeb (don't aks me to distinguise all the jebs, they're jebs)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Mahoning posted:

Has anybody fallen harder than Beto? Dude was a legit rising star in Democratic politics and was arguably the most talked about candidate overall in the 2018 midterms. He landed the campaign manager that had been recommended by Obama and literally every Dem wanted for their campaign and loving Mayo Pete is running circles around him in the “youngish white moderate” lane of the primary. There are worse candidates in the field than Beto, but I don’t think any campaign has been as bad as his.

he always sucked he just misinterpreted people wanting him to win against cruz as people wanting him to Win

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
'you need to find a positive outlook even at your lowest and have faith that you can beat this illness'

*some idiot who had a cold once and knows a lot about chronic and fatal illnesses because google* 'you idiot, you absolute fraud'

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty
Beto is the middle point between Biden and Butti, and both of them are better versions of what he has to offer. He was a good choice for Texas. If he'd stayed there another cycle he might have well had the star power to be the Biden of next round, but he rushed headlong into a niche that was already filled and so he'll probably wind up a talking head.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

sexpig by night posted:

tbh I'm actually mildly offended by shitheads like this because everything she said there is super basic 'AIDS is hell and even while being treated it's hell so yea you probably need a little woo woo bullshit to make it less hell' that tons of people with terrible conditions get and she has a literal foundation that has done more for AIDS patients specifically (including get them meds you idiot) than literally anyone on that stage has done directly in their lives.

Like, gently caress, make fun of her psychic egg poo poo but are you really such a reddit reject you take 'you have to have a positive mindset and try to find a silver lining in this thing that will probably end your life even while being treated' and go 'pft, what a quack'? Have you actually worked around people with this kinda poo poo because these kinda comments are super common in therapy groups and all but yea clearly her charity work and all were a deep cover to just shove a crystal up their rear end and send them on their way, you absolute brick.

https://twitter.com/gbrockell/status/1142978555917344768
https://twitter.com/gbrockell/status/1142978817000165376
https://twitter.com/gbrockell/status/1142979946098434048

Yeah, I'm totally a loving weirdo here :rolleyes:

The Glumslinger fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 31, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

yea, it's kinda fuckin dumb to write a letter to AIDS but you do get that 'you can't see your illness as some unbeatable curse that you're actively battling, but a condition you're controlling and treating' is like, coping with often-fatal diseases 101 right?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

im not positive any of that is 101 anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

Sure.

My SA troll tier list:

Tier 1
Three Olives, Avshalom, fishmech

Tier 2
My Imaginary Girlfriend, mcmagic

Tier 3
Calibanibal