Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Godholio posted:

Tow one down the street and see who gets angry.

I'm guessing that's England, where everybody is angry all the time. Good luck figuring out exactly who is mad at what.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

dpack_1 posted:

These old things are just parked up in the lot behind the pub my friend manages.

Nobody knows who owns them or anything, locals / regulars reckon they have been sat for a decade or more but that could just be alcohol legend.

You could make some grande food trucks with those, just saying. Tow a caravan behind and travel to festivals while slinging fried food at drunk people. The fuel costs would, I assume, murder your profits.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

My aunt's friend is selling her late husband's car at mecum this weekend.
https://www.mecum.com/lots/PA0819-385838/1965-shelby-cobra-csx4000-series/
Spoilers:

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 13:02 on Jul 31, 2019

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dpack_1 posted:

These old things are just parked up in the lot behind the pub my friend manages.

Nobody knows who owns them or anything, locals / regulars reckon they have been sat for a decade or more but that could just be alcohol legend.

Apply for a v5 for one, see what happens... You could get a truck for £25.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Apply for a v5 for one, see what happens... You could get a truck for £25.

Getting the v5 doesn't mean you own it though

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

track day bro! posted:

If you're putting it on a boat and shipping it to Canada, it's probably all Powershift needs to register it though.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

track day bro! posted:

Nothing really does though unless you're buying new. I've got 3 cars where I just handed over cash and got the keys to them and my latest where the guy wanted to write out a receipt which was just an A4 lined piece of paper with a few details on it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

track day bro! posted:

Unless the other guy has a receipt neither can he.

Though a receipt just says you bought it, not that you still own it. It gets messy quickly.

dpack_1 posted:

Always loved the ones with the knee windows, better to drop the cab onto a modern chassis though.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
http://www.speedhunters.com/2019/07/nestled-in-the-mountains-the-franschoek-motor-museum/

:aaaaa:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

If you're ever in the Philadelphia area, the Simeone museum might be right up your alley as well:
https://www.simeonemuseum.org/

It looks like they just recently updated the site.

I don't know why that looks like a picture of hot wheels, but they are all real cars.

AFewBricksShy fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Jul 31, 2019

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

track day bro! posted:

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Nothing really does though unless you're buying new. I've got 3 cars where I just handed over cash and got the keys to them and my latest where the guy wanted to write out a receipt which was just an A4 lined piece of paper with a few details on it.

cakesmith handyman posted:

Unless the other guy has a receipt neither can he.

Though a receipt just says you bought it, not that you still own it. It gets messy quickly.
Is this really that backwards over there? Generally, in the US, you can fill out a form and pay a small fee ($20 in CA, probably similar or less elsewhere) to get a title from your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (or similar department) that indicates who owns the car. When you buy or sell a car, you're required to notify the DMV - again in California, there are variations in that duty elsewhere, but generally it's the basic model.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Powershift posted:

Holy poo poo

Can you smuggle those Leylands to Canada? I'm asking for a friend. My invisible friend. He loves those.

Same, but People's Republik of Amerika.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

Krakkles posted:

Is this really that backwards over there? Generally, in the US, you can fill out a form and pay a small fee ($20 in CA, probably similar or less elsewhere) to get a title from your state's Department of Motor Vehicles (or similar department) that indicates who owns the car. When you buy or sell a car, you're required to notify the DMV - again in California, there are variations in that duty elsewhere, but generally it's the basic model.

And I as a superior Swede, with the help of the swedish DoT and my phone, can look up owners until the cows come home, free of charge!

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Krakkles posted:

Yeah, the V5 just identifies the registered keeper, not the owner, I've never asked why.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

AFewBricksShy posted:

Spoilers:

Oooooh my loving Gaaaawd thats gonna sell for millions

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

AFewBricksShy posted:

Spoilers:

Oh lord......

So those are the "new" ones that were built on some NOS chassis in the 90s or something right?
Still doesn't make it any less :jizz:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

I fell down a rabbit hole in Poweshift's V12 thread when someone posted a video of a Russian group of idiots putting 3 Lada engines in a Lada. The comments mentioned this car saying it was an inline 12 (it isn't). There were plans to make a V12 version though but the company ran out of cash.

1935/6 Voisin C28 Aerosport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YuuEb9ALFE

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Oooooh my loving Gaaaawd thats gonna sell for millions

More like $100k, it’s a 40th anniversary “certified” replica.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel

AFewBricksShy posted:

Spoilers:

Me cum

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I fell down a rabbit hole in Poweshift's V12 thread when someone posted a video of a Russian group of idiots putting 3 Lada engines in a Lada. The comments mentioned this car saying it was an inline 12 (it isn't). There were plans to make a V12 version though but the company ran out of cash.

1935/6 Voisin C28 Aerosport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YuuEb9ALFE

Beautiful cars, the Voisins. I've seen one in the flesh, at the Tampa Bay Automobile Museum. They have a partly leather-bodied Voisin along with a bunch of odd-ball poo poo. As my father and I were oggling a one-off French micro-car my eyes wandered over to the Tatra truck next to me, which just so happens to have a Kegresse track system installed. Two things I never thought I'd see, right next to each other! Lots of early FWD cars, to include what is left of an experimental FWD Formula car from the '30s. Every V8 Tatra car minus the 700. The only factory 4wd Mustang. An early Aston Lagonda V8, a well used Citroen SM, VW Schwimmwagen, a 4wd German Ford cop car, and, and, and... loving place is awesome. Weird cars, on-site staff who can and will tell you everything about the vehicles you are looking at, plus all the cars except for the Ruxton get driven on the road. Anyways.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Dumb question, and probably from the lighting angle...the sort of shark tooth pattern on the bottom edge. Rear looks different from the sides. Like I said, probably the lighting and I'm sure it is perfect but was curious what it actually looks like in real life.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

AFewBricksShy posted:

Spoilers:

I love the polished aluminum look (or similar) but I think it works better on airplanes. Less gravel in the air.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8OSEI7QDSA

:swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon::swoon:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

Dumb question, and probably from the lighting angle...the sort of shark tooth pattern on the bottom edge. Rear looks different from the sides. Like I said, probably the lighting and I'm sure it is perfect but was curious what it actually looks like in real life.

I think that's due to an engine turned finish on the trim.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

madeintaipei posted:

Beautiful cars, the Voisins. I've seen one in the flesh, at the Tampa Bay Automobile Museum. They have a partly leather-bodied Voisin along with a bunch of odd-ball poo poo. As my father and I were oggling a one-off French micro-car my eyes wandered over to the Tatra truck next to me, which just so happens to have a Kegresse track system installed. Two things I never thought I'd see, right next to each other! Lots of early FWD cars, to include what is left of an experimental FWD Formula car from the '30s. Every V8 Tatra car minus the 700. The only factory 4wd Mustang. An early Aston Lagonda V8, a well used Citroen SM, VW Schwimmwagen, a 4wd German Ford cop car, and, and, and... loving place is awesome. Weird cars, on-site staff who can and will tell you everything about the vehicles you are looking at, plus all the cars except for the Ruxton get driven on the road. Anyways.

Huh, sounds like I need to visit there. If you haven’t been to the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville you are similarly . A load of Tatras, European microcars, Kei cars, rally cars, and other stuff you just don’t see anywhere else. Other than Tampa, apparently.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

I've never seen a conversion like that run Hummer H1 stuff. That's cool! Works well for his purpose, too.

King of False Promises
Jul 31, 2000

madeintaipei posted:

Beautiful cars, the Voisins. I've seen one in the flesh, at the Tampa Bay Automobile Museum.

I've lived here for 18 years and somehow never heard of this place. Definitely going soon.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
same

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
A 1:20 drive from the timeshare. Might have to check it out.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

King of False Promises posted:

I've lived here for 18 years and somehow never heard of this place. Definitely going soon.

Take photos, b.

Dagen H posted:

A 1:20 drive from the timeshare. Might have to check it out.

You too.

Same goes for you, don't think you're getting away with it.

Darchangel posted:

I think that's due to an engine turned finish on the trim.

Yeah initially I thought the trim was looped underneath and these were the tabs knocked up to hold it in place but that didn't make too much sense. Then I thought it was etched because that's been around as a thing for hundreds of years but your answer makes most sense and is easiest in a coachworks environment :v:

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Arcella posted:

I love the polished aluminum look (or similar) but I think it works better on airplanes. Less gravel in the air.

I just wonder what degree burn you get when you rest your arm on the door on a nice sunny August day.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

When you see two guys with arms crossed in that fashion...

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Colostomy Bag posted:

When you see two guys with arms crossed in that fashion...

if you ain't pissin off boomer car dorks, you ain't livin right

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

That reminds me of the "cosmic cruiser" that I remember seeing around a bunch of car shows in the late 90s. This was like the Toronto/ southern Ontario area.
It was a stretched minivan that had two axles at the front and probably 2 or 3 at the back. It was either a Safari/Astro van, or possibly one of the dustbuster GM vans. Then of course it had ugly rear end ground effects, custom paint and what not.

God I hated that thing.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

OK, now *turn* smartass.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Do the builders do commisions?

Powershift posted:

or one 3 mile long, 364 door Aztek :dance:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

What's the challenge? To sit on that thing once it's been baking in the sun all day?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

drat The Defiant!