Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I hope unoted don’t get dybala

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

there was a tweet other day about how we've lost diame, rondon, perez, kenedy, and joselu who combined for about 140 appearances last year, and so far we've replaced them with 1 player

we're properly hosed

Uh Colback, Saivet, Aarons and Lazaar are like new signings!!!!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Say what you will about Arsenal, at least the club is kind enough to sign players so late in the window that we're forced to field an incredibly weak team against Newcastle.

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

Uh Colback, Saivet, Aarons and Lazaar are like new signings!!!!

i honestly get instantly depressed whenever i read colback's name :(

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

kcer posted:

i honestly get instantly depressed whenever i read colback's name :(

I’m shocked that he’s back in the fold tbh, he has looked insanely average in the championship

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Big Huski Boi posted:

Say what you will about Arsenal, at least the club is kind enough to sign players so late in the window that we're forced to field an incredibly weak team against Newcastle.

Arsenal folding in the first game of the season because half their team have never met each other is a storied and much loved tradition

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Paperhouse posted:

I don't really know a lot about Dybala but I thought he was one of those wide forward playmaker fancy dans with great technique, which would make him a lot more suitable to how United look like they're going to play than Lukaku is. I don't think it'll happen though

Swapping Dybala for Lukaku is a definite plus in the system Ole wants to play.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
It's a great deal for utd but I don't understand why juve are doing it when lukaku must be on silly utd wages?

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
I cannot wait to find out what crazypants wage United are paying Dybala to move from Turin to Manchester and forego playing in the CL for the next 2-3 years :f5:

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Jippa posted:

It's a great deal for utd but I don't understand why juve are doing it when lukaku must be on silly utd wages?

To gently caress Inter over, who definitely need a striker. Seriously. If they sign Lukaku then Inter will likely have to go for Dzeko, which also fucks Roma, and it may be late enough to keep Roma from selling. Not that Dzeko is bad, he’s been pretty good even, but Juve are all about weakening their opposition as much as they are about improving their own squad.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Gigi Galli posted:

To gently caress Inter over, who definitely need a striker. Seriously. If they sign Lukaku then Inter will likely have to go for Dzeko, which also fucks Roma, and it may be late enough to keep Roma from selling. Not that Dzeko is bad, he’s been pretty good even, but Juve are all about weakening their opposition as much as they are about improving their own squad.

drat.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Gigi Galli posted:

drat Spaghetti Celtic AND Bayern in one club?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jippa posted:

Lukaku agreed to something like £160k/wk which is about what United are also offering Dybala.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Cancelo to Man City rumors are revving up again, with suggestions that Sarri will make Cuadrado his replacement at right back.

This transfer window was pretty cool for a while but now I have no idea wtf Juve are doing.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

kcer posted:

there was a tweet other day about how we've lost diame, rondon, perez, kenedy, and joselu who combined for about 140 appearances last year, and so far we've replaced them with 1 player

we're properly hosed

Don't worry. West Ham luck dictates that you're going to sign Big Andy and he'll score more goals for you this season than he did for his entire time at West Ham.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Liverpool's new signing is off to a good start

https://twitter.com/karIasback/status/1156552290389696512?s=20

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
Did you expect anything less from a 16 year old with that atrocious man bun?

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
Andre Schurrle to Spartak Moskva on a loan is a done deal.

Malcom to Zenit for 40mil is very close to being done.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Lo Celso is back to training with Betis. Levy seems to have screwed that one up

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

kcer posted:

we're properly hosed

Excuse you

https://twitter.com/NUFC/status/1155791601815433216?s=17

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Kyle Scott, The Final Piece

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Hot drat, a 20 year old keeper who can't get a game and a former U20 US Youth International.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Sounds like Juve and Man U are talking about transfers for Mandzukic and Matuidi now too.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Hot drat, a 20 year old keeper who can't get a game and a former U20 US Youth International.

He’s played for like 3 different national teams

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Sounds like Juve and Man U are talking about transfers for Mandzukic and Matuidi now too.

Did Marotta's other eye die as well? What the gently caress is going on at Juventus?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Gigi Galli posted:

Did Marotta's other eye die as well? What the gently caress is going on at Juventus?

They're both pretty old and man utd might be paying a lot. It's not like anyone else is winning serie a lol

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Jose posted:

They're both pretty old and man utd might be paying a lot. It's not like anyone else is winning serie a lol

No, but this is a team with aspirations to win the champions league and they are rapidly running out of Ronaldo's time.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

trem_two posted:

This makes no loving sense if Ole is trying to build a team like he says. What value do a 33 year old striker and 32 year old midfielder have?

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Mandzukic is a proven goalscorer and still pretty darn good.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Arsenal should buy some defenders.

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Shrapnig posted:

Literally signing a player with a broken back.

Seems like an awful lot of effort just to get someone to polish the fender.

A waste of time even, but I guess that's what Arsenal were all about.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

T Bowl posted:

Arsenal should buy some defenders.

Tierney sounds about done

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Apparently they're considering moving him to centre half. Which, lol

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

tarbrush posted:

Apparently they're considering moving him to centre half. Which, lol

Who are you to criticize one of football's proudest traditions?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Big Huski Boi posted:

Who are you to criticize one of football's proudest traditions?

No criticism, just honest laughter

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I highly doubt we are moving our new left back to centre half when one of our major problems is Monreal being a shambling corpse and Kolasinac not knowing how to defend (footballs not carjacking). Also Monreal has been deployed as an ineffective centre half in the past so if we don't sign a new one I imagine that will be the sticking plaster until Holding is fit.

More likely we do a stupid deal for Khedira to swing the Rugani loan.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Big Huski Boi posted:

Tierney sounds about done

is he actually any good?

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
I think buying a good left back would mean Emery plans on going with a back 4 to accommodate the front three of Lacazette/ Aubameyang and hopefully Pepe as opposed to switching between two and three centre halves like we did last season.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Pat Mustard posted:

I think buying a good left back would mean Emery plans on going with a back 4 to accommodate the front three of Lacazette/ Aubameyang and hopefully Pepe as opposed to switching between two and three centre halves like we did last season.

emery has stated in preseason he wants a back 4 to be the 'normal' formation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bea Nanner posted:

is he actually any good?

My Celtic supporting mate reckons he is better than Robertson no question but then Celtic fans think they are better than a lot of Premier League sides so who knows. He is a lot better than what we have, should he stay fit.