Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

:| so a couple lame interactions that I'll warn other folks about (and get confirmation)

don't use redemption and guardian angel on the same person, it'll just hit the floor and do nothing for you if you're in the rez animation.
apparently red buff prevents guardian angel from healing you up? Not 100% on this, but I did my stupid shyvana cheese as usual, so 260 armor shyv went down, GA started up, and with only a graves and a trist on the other side shyv INSTANTLY popped when she came back. Doesn't seem right to me unless those two units managed to do just a ridiculous fuckton of damage instantly. My guess is red buff prevented getting health back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
Kooriken's thoughts on the upcoming patch for TFT: Dear god nobles are going to be insane if you pull them off. You already have 2 knights just by going nobles, so you can have 2 knights 2 guardians and your full suite of 6 nobles as early as 7. From there you can add Ashe for Glacial/Ranger or another couple of knights for even more damage reduction. Heck you could even run GP/Another Blademaster for Gunslinger/Blades with your other synergies.

Kooriken fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 31, 2019

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

They are removing the legacy cursor in 9.15 for reasons unfathomable, RIP if you like using it

this got reverted

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Servaetes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52okC-rfDhM
as a proud owner of all of his skins, will play this one forever, holy crap

i guess the E and W are still very good, Q change catastrophically sucks but i'll give it a shot

Excellent, I randomly have that skin for some reason.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Rotating game mode update, basically says some form of URF and Nexus Blitz will rotate in and out, with an occasional One For All appearance. Most importantly though, Twisted Treeline is finally being put out of its misery at the end of the season.

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

There's also a leak about new TFT champs https://thegamehaus.com/esports/teamfight-tactics/four-new-champions-and-hextech-origin-coming-to-tft-available-on-pbe-today/2019/07/31/

Vi, Camille, Jayce, Jinx.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have been paged already, and I am in the grieving process.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

quote:

Hextech Origin
At 2/4 Hextech will disable 2/4 random items on the enemy’s board at the start of combat.

Thanks, I hate it.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

So the patch has broken the game? something with pyke and frozen heart stopping units attacking

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i picked corki top a few days ago as a meme with some friends but i destroyed the lane and ive bene playing it since and he actually kinda...works?

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

CODChimera posted:

So the patch has broken the game? something with pyke and frozen heart stopping units attacking

Yeah if you have double frozen heart it just turns off units it touches permanently

And Cho’Gath dealing true damage in his massive AOE is broken

This is all secondhand, I just woke up :(

Mufasa Nigel
Jul 8, 2005

CODChimera posted:

Yea someone did it to me, so I tried it next game. Double frozen heart on the pyke, versus a maxed out ranger knight comp, they barely shot the whole fight. Guy rightly asked what the gently caress. Void/Brawler with a pyke shoved in somewhere just wrecks.

I chucked in a zephyr, and had a blitz on board, just complete shut down while the voli came online.

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

Thumbtacks posted:

i picked corki top a few days ago as a meme with some friends but i destroyed the lane and ive bene playing it since and he actually kinda...works?

You can make most ranged characters with mobility work top. Vayne and Lucian have been niche lane bully picks top for a while, and apparently Trist top is becoming a thing. You can bully most melee opponents, but it becomes less effective when you start playing people who know how to sustain and give up cs andjunglers who see a squishy top laner with no/little cc.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you also just have another adc and you're doing some real harm to your teams comp unless they run a bruiser bot and get their poo poo kicked in to make up for you playing vayne or whatever thing top

like good luck putting up a real split pushing presence after 15 mins when you have an extra lucian or whatever

Verviticus fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 31, 2019

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

njsykora posted:

Rotating game mode update, basically says some form of URF and Nexus Blitz will rotate in and out, with an occasional One For All appearance. Most importantly though, Twisted Treeline is finally being put out of its misery at the end of the season.

Stoked about Nexus Blitz coming back more, sad this means Hexakill on TT is probably permanently dead. That was my favorite rotating mode.

Also, I had no idea that TFT wasn’t permanent until now.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
i mainly play it for shits and giggles, i wouldn't play it in ranked

but it seems to work decently well, once you get a triforce you shred people

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

Boxman posted:

Stoked about Nexus Blitz coming back more, sad this means Hexakill on TT is probably permanently dead. That was my favorite rotating mode.

Also, I had no idea that TFT wasn’t permanent until now.

TFT isn’t permanent??

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

a fatguy bald spot posted:

TFT isn’t permanent??

In that post they say that it's permanent as of now. Which is weird considering they were already selling cosmetics for it.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I think people are reading it wrong or its poorly written. Its not that it isn't permanent its that it doesn't share the "trait of being similar to SR" for a long term game mode, while being a long term game mode

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
my strongest opinion on twisted treeline dying is grinding new accounts to 30 without being able to slam games running it down bot in TT for like 200 games in a row is gonna be even more of a pain in the rear end now

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
they should probably just make smurfs bannable for both smurf and main

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So here's my post-mortem from back when it was obvious that TT was gonna die:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=495530300

quote:

The exclamation point thing in LoL client says "Rotating Game Mode Issues: Twisted Treeline"

So yeah, let's be honest, we knew TT was doomed.

I don't think I have any words to add. The powerful and rampant lack of tuning in the mode while a very bad meta was practically mandatory enforced that most TT enthusiasts left or quit altogether. I had a lot of fun in it before that happened.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
just force everyone to log in by scanning their passport

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

How to ruin improve game sessions & family ties with one simple question.

-Would this be better if I used poison?

kingcobweb posted:

tier list of reworks it's ok to hate

I gotta say I had quit the game several years ago because of that poppy rework. I've never lost a game with old poppy, she was my secret top main weapon even better because no one else knew what she was like.
Years I considered coming back but then more reworks came. my support main, Galio, turned from batman anti-teemo shield with best ult in game to, superman galio. After that, Nunu, my second choice for support got changed, from boy with big ugly yeti whose so hideous only nunu can love to pixar/disney Nunu AND Willump TM whose description is basically owo brave boy finds big cuddly giant who is gentle and only wants to hug and make snowballs daaaaw. :barf:

Now they're remaking pantheon, which at first I was against cause I like face-less one man army dude, but then I saw that they're just getting rid of click to win for skill shots and mechanical buffs for the rest of his kit plus making his ult actually landable. It looked good until I saw the gameplay preview of it in yesterdays released video and what did they do? They gave the face-less one man army dude, a face.

These reworks are going to be the death of me, when are they going to get kill my jungle main, Feedlesticks? When?!

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

i made a long post earlier about non meta comps, feel free to read that to get more insight - what you are doing is running a ranged autoattacker as a bully, which is fine, but it inherently weakens your team comp and also makes you a priority target for junglers(if the jungler is worth their salt that is). it works perfectly fine in lane, you are just making your team squishier than you would ideally want

njsykora posted:

alternating tears of joy for nexus blitz, tears of frustration for not dominion, and tears of tears for 3v3

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Years I considered coming back but then more reworks came. my support main, Galio, turned from batman anti-teemo shield with best ult in game to, superman galio. After that, Nunu, my second choice for support got changed, from boy with big ugly yeti whose so hideous only nunu can love to pixar/disney Nunu AND Willump TM whose description is basically owo brave boy finds big cuddly giant who is gentle and only wants to hug and make snowballs daaaaw. :barf:

Sorry that you hate fun

Also Nunu didn't work as a support for literally years

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

After that, Nunu, my second choice for support got changed, from boy with big ugly yeti whose so hideous only nunu can love to pixar/disney Nunu AND Willump TM whose description is basically owo brave boy finds big cuddly giant who is gentle and only wants to hug and make snowballs daaaaw. :barf:

imagine being this jaded and cynical that anything wholesome or pure is repulsive to you

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

These reworks are going to be the death of me, when are they going to get kill my jungle main, Feedlesticks? When?!

Dead within the year.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

kingcobweb posted:

Sorry that you hate fun

Also Nunu didn't work as a support for literally years

He was as much of a support as shen was, his blood boil and ice ball were good enough back then to bully the enemy adc as well as helping your adc get farm.
He was also fairly tanky and his Ult is generally really good.

pog boyfriend posted:

imagine being this jaded and cynical that anything wholesome or pure is repulsive to you

Hey I may cynical but I do believe the OG Nunu was way purer than new disney brand nunu.
Old Nunu was boy and his yeti having a close bond in a tough cold world. New Nunu gets two friends on an adventure with some references to darker elements. I'm also tired of hearing the kid beg the yeti to wake up, it's way too overdramatic everyone else just take it in strides...Except for Sion who goes full Oscar preformance.

Waterfall Watcher
Dec 17, 2018

Oh wow just like that.
I'm not sure why but after reading that I feel somewhat optimistic for the rework. It looks like they're focusing more on ambushing then stand your ground drain deal here which is a direction that makes sense. I enjoyed the concept of drain on fiddle in that he's constantly casting on an opponent who if they stay, will end up fighting a losing battle because of how quickly fiddle steals their health.These type of encounters become obsolete at mid-late game and crowstorm becomes the only way to go.

I only wish they make fiddle a lot more subtler with his demonic folk spookiness instead of the spikes and claws in the concept art.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I'm gonna be honest: a Fiddlesticks rework is necessary, and I agree with a visual redesign towards that end, but I'm gonna miss low poly Fiddlesticks waddling around like he's just ridden a horse for the first time.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
They sorta ruined my main man Sion with a bug this patch, his passive is bugged and no longer has the 100% lifesteal which makes it rather useless right now.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

With the current riot thinking, a fiddlesticks rework would basically be his current R and three skillshots for fear, drain and silence. Yay.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Les Affaires posted:

With the current riot thinking, a fiddlesticks rework would basically be his current R and three skillshots for fear, drain and silence. Yay.

That sounds fun to me but they won't keep silence

anti-magic
Sep 9, 2012

We've come up in the ram-raiding business, Owl.
It's all high class now.
No more baby seats.

Thumbtacks posted:

Corki is being flexed between top and mid in pro play right now because he is just that good (100% pick/ban right now). Enjoy it while you can, if pros don't start picking other champs he will get nerfed into the ground before Worlds.

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.

Sexpansion posted:

just force everyone to log in by scanning their passport

this is already basically the case in China and Korea.

kinda sad to see TT go, but it's not even enabled on many of the smaller regions it has such a small player base.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

anti-magic posted:

Corki is being flexed between top and mid in pro play right now because he is just that good (100% pick/ban right now). Enjoy it while you can, if pros don't start picking other champs he will get nerfed into the ground before Worlds.

Corki being worlds viable is a meme though, surely they’ll leave him alone until after.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

That sounds fun to me but they won't keep silence

Yeah as a pretty regular fiddle player I'm on board with making GBS threads out skillshots.

The silence honestly probably should go, it's satisfying to get good bounces also but feels v bad to play against and the (usually) random targeting is kind of dumb.

Very on board for my ambushing spooky boy.

I guess I'm (maybe) the exception in the forum in that I've liked pretty much all the reworks, even for characters I enjoyed/played a bunch in their previous iterations, ie poppy.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Y'all heartless scum are forgetting the one champion that actually got removed from the game.

rip AD Malz, forever in our hearts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

The poopy rework is forgivable if nothing else than for the hilarious free ticket back to base every once in a while.