Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ninjewtsu posted:

A gundam game that is part dating sim, part actually good game sounds rad as hell and totally something I would buy

Amuro Rai-sing Project

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I have zero expectations for the build divers sequel but it's nice they gave the girl character a non-cutsey gunpla or an sd.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Cheers to the Gundam Breaker mobile game for having a left-handed mode, jeers for burying it so deep in the menus behind a million tutorials that I can't find it.

I did get a Kampfer head on a GM body, at least, so I can see this being a fun thing to dick around with for a bit.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Monaghan posted:

I have zero expectations for the build divers sequel but it's nice they gave the girl character a non-cutsey gunpla or an sd.

Bad news, she's piloting the WaDom

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

hey it could've been a walking dumpling

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

the wadom is the *cutest* one of them all

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

ANAmal.net posted:

Cheers to the Gundam Breaker mobile game for having a left-handed mode, jeers for burying it so deep in the menus behind a million tutorials that I can't find it.

I did get a Kampfer head on a GM body, at least, so I can see this being a fun thing to dick around with for a bit.

I've got Rose Gundam arms which are pretty great, especially when coupled with a GN Bazooka.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
hey uh, i'm watching victory for the first time and this show's massive laser cannon sure is a cock and balls

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

dudermcbrohan posted:

hey uh, i'm watching victory for the first time and this show's massive laser cannon sure is a cock and balls

Zanscare will conquer the solar system!

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

i'm not seeing it. it's clearly a motorcycle, like that one guy who loves bikes said!

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I did really like the non-motorcycle bug mobile suits. That spider type one crawling on the outside of the home Zanscare colony was horrifying though.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Zanscare's mobile suit aesthetic is honestly one of my favorite in the franchise. Not every individual design is a winner, but they have their own cohesive overall look that is incredibly distinctive and cool without being lazy and just aping Zeon.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

Zanscare's mobile suit aesthetic is honestly one of my favorite in the franchise. Not every individual design is a winner, but they have their own cohesive overall look that is incredibly distinctive and cool without being lazy and just aping Zeon.

Katejina in particular gets a really solid set of suits. They're all a little weird and goofy, but not enough to stop them being cool.

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

I sometimes mix up Zanscare suits with Aura Battler Dunbine grunts, honestly

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ANAmal.net posted:

I personally like making the Gundom, which is either a gundam with a dom head or a dom with a really-obviously pasted-on v-fin, depending on my mood

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
There's a lot of design overlap between a lot of Tomino's later shows, he definitely likes unconventional designs

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the animated intro for the mobage is pretty cool, i almost wonder if they'll ever spin it out into an ova or series

it's pretty much a gbf offshoot and so far none of the writing is particularly fresh, they just have a handful of good designs here that i would be sad to see stuck in it

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Merilan posted:

I sometimes mix up Zanscare suits with Aura Battler Dunbine grunts, honestly

You aren't the only one

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Kurieg posted:

Why is there a fox-child piloting a raptor gundam?

what are you going to do, pilot a dinosaur gundam WITHOUT animal ears?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

I should go dig up the screenshots of all my Gundam Breaker 3 designs and share them here, I'm proud of quite a few of them

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
How's the new Gundam mobile game? Any good? I'm playing like 3 different gacha games so I wanna see if I could fit it in.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Schneider Heim posted:

How's the new Gundam mobile game? Any good? I'm playing like 3 different gacha games so I wanna see if I could fit it in.
I got a Beargguy head in my first free draw so I'm pretty sure I won.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Well I'm tentantively excited for the new Build Divers series. Given that they've got what looks like a relatively-mature (if not adult) core group of characters, and the surprisingly broad-range of customs shown off, I can't help but think a lot of the undertone is "We know we hosed up, we hosed up bad. The original BD characters? :commissar: Gone, nowhere near this thing."

At the very least with a different lead writer we can hope it doesn't descend into the Sarah Show for a second season.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Eh even if the Build Divers cast were good we'd probably still have a new one for this new show.

Like people liked Sei and Reiji well enough but they still weren't the leads in Try.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gripweed posted:

You aren't the only one

I love it, zanscare's bugbots are wonderful treasures.

Actually, do any of them have decent modern gunpla kits?

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Hunter Noventa posted:

I've got Rose Gundam arms which are pretty great, especially when coupled with a GN Bazooka.

I put a beam saber and a juiced-up Buster Rifle on my Zakamfer, and it rules just zipping around airholing people with it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I watched Gundam F91 for the first time last night and boy that was a (mostly) beautifully animated mess!

Despite the obvious compressed and slapdash plotting I pretty much liked it, I think? With the exception of the Annamarie plotline which was like a speedrun of everything I hate in Tomino's writing.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I should go dig up the screenshots of all my Gundam Breaker 3 designs and share them here, I'm proud of quite a few of them

i always went easy mode and used the crossbone's cape to cover half my mech so i could just leave the entire back as a mess of bullshit

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
What I wanna see is a Gundam Breaker kit with maximum bits and funnels. I think I got quite close when I built a Qubeley with the Kshatriya's arms, but I feel there are broader, more drone-filled horizons out there.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Darth Walrus posted:

What I wanna see is a Gundam Breaker kit with maximum bits and funnels. I think I got quite close when I built a Qubeley with the Kshatriya's arms, but I feel there are broader, more drone-filled horizons out there.

could you put the Sazabi's backpack on that?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Schneider Heim posted:

never play gacha games

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Yinlock posted:

i always went easy mode and used the crossbone's cape to cover half my mech so i could just leave the entire back as a mess of bullshit

I ended up not using the capes very much because they had a nasty tendency to clip in awkward ways with most of the more complex arms, torsos, and backpacks

Also still need to get those screencaps, should have them tonight or maybe tomorrow

Yinlock posted:

never play gacha games

I dunno, Battle Operation 2 is technically a Gacha game and it's quite tolerable most of the time, though that's probably because they're actually pretty reasonable about it

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm using a mostly Wing Gundam with a Palace Athene head.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Gripweed posted:

could you put the Sazabi's backpack on that?

The Qubeley's tail is a backpack part, I believe.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Kanos posted:

Zanscare will conquer the solar system!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Lr9VuGZgmw

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Darth Walrus posted:

The Qubeley's tail is a backpack part, I believe.

Yup

Merilan
Mar 7, 2019

Darth Walrus posted:

when I played Gundam Breaker 3 i did just that, with the strike freedom funnels as extra options etc.

and when I pressed all the buttons to deploy all the funnels the game choked and crashed

A+ would funnel again

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

I watched Gundam F91 for the first time last night and boy that was a (mostly) beautifully animated mess!

Despite the obvious compressed and slapdash plotting I pretty much liked it, I think? With the exception of the Annamarie plotline which was like a speedrun of everything I hate in Tomino's writing.

Annamarie's plot is the part of the movie that most suffered from the compression, I think. It would maybe have been okay with actual time to flesh out the relationships involved and to really emphasize Annamarie's feelings of being betrayed, but it doesn't work at all with the tiny bit of runtime they give it in the movie.

The rest of the movie is shockingly coherent and dare I say actually pretty great for something so obviously cut together and crunched down to fit a movie runtime. I just watched it again last night with two friends who had never seen it and they were struck by how good it was given its limitations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

here's all my Gundam Breaker 3 designs(plus the default Gunpla the game gives you because I never overwrote it for whatever reason);

https://mega.nz/#F!pkk11CQC!FKk1p5wm6Ybp9xOb2_Dmkg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

drrockso20 posted:

I ended up not using the capes very much because they had a nasty tendency to clip in awkward ways with most of the more complex arms, torsos, and backpacks

Also still need to get those screencaps, should have them tonight or maybe tomorrow

fun fact: the phenex's dumb shield-funnel things stick out juuuust enough that the cape never clips through them