Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Man

Countries are just arbitrary boundaries maan

We're not this or that, we're all just human maaaan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Zzulu posted:

Man

That's a good Antelope.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for calling a 14 year old kid a pussy at work?

Context- I'm 20M and I'm only around 5'6. I'm a lifeguard as well. I’ve also had zero problems like this in the 4 years I’ve worked as a lifeguard.

My shift at the pool that day was from 10-7 and it was around 93 degrees. It was 6:45 pm (that's when the pool closes, not when I can leave) and I blew the whistle for everyone to get out of the pool. The sooner people leave, the sooner I can clean, the sooner I can go home. Everyone got out of the pool beside a guy in the pool while the rest of his friends were already out. I asked him politely to get out multiple times and he kept refusing. I said "cmon don't be a dick about it," he says "I'm not being a dick about it" and he swam underwater away. Out of annoyance, I said slightly louder than under my breath as he was underwater "loving pussy". I wasn't saying it as like a direct insult, mostly out of frustration. He gets out eventually and I start cleaning. He and his friends go up to me and the guy gets in my face and says "I heard you called me a pussy, if you have something to say then say it to my face". He was a good 3 inches away from my face so this was clearly for intimidation, so I just said "Pussy" to show him I'm not folding. He backs off because I bet he expected me to fold since he had his friends behind him. He then asks me how old I am and I said I'm 20. He then says "Bro I'm only 14, you shouldn't talk to me that way." I then said, "I don't care how old you are, I told you to get out of the pool". Then they left.

I know it was out of line but I was at the end of a 10-hour shift and I asked him multiple times to get out and I just wanted to go home. This kid did not look 14 and he was my height so I really had no clue he was that young. So am I the rear end in a top hat for not keeping my cool?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

AITA for using my seniority to take my lunch and breaks at the same time every day because it's when the retirement home brings residents to shop?

So this is something I would never consider I would have done. I feel like I'm on open minded person not subject to any "-isms" but ageism has taken a hold of me like crazy. The hard part when I tell people how bad it is, most people thing I'm talking about their grandma. Well after working at this store for 1.5 years, I can tell you with certainty that your Nana might make the best cookies, but she would smother Sweet Brown Baby Jesus with a pillow if he tried to tell her she was using an expired coupon.

So to get into it, I work at a sort of Whole Foods Lite that is sort of national chain. We are known for our "wokeness" and I generally like our corporate culture. My specific store is about a block away from a retirement home. I work five days a week typically from 4:30 to 1:30 with an hour lunch. The retirement home brings people over in shifts from 8:30-9:30. After being there for 1.5 years, I realized I can't take these loving people. They are rude, pushy, aggressive and their physical limitations make them difficult to deal with. While this may sound dramatic, that hour would ruin my day.

We get to pick our lunch hour based on seniority so even though it's inconvenient and I'm not even hungry, I've started taking my lunch hour while they show up.

It took about a week before everyone figured out what I was doing and now everyone is pissed at me. Like enraged pissed. The general sentiment is that i'm abusing my position and I should spread it around because everyone else has as much of a hard time as I did. I didn't give that much though because sour grapes.

But my manager just pulled me aside and in as many words said I was being an rear end in a top hat because I'm leaving him to deal with this challenging time every day more or less by himself but I'm actually costing the company money because with my experience I can clear the line in about 60% of the time it takes the less senior employees. I'm like dude if you don't like it, assign lunch breaks. He said that would be going against company tradition. So with that, again I don't feel like i'm doing anything wrong. Am I being the rear end in a top hat here?

add: using a throwaway since I post on my local subreddit and it would probably be obvious the store I'm talking about and the retirement home.

Edit at 8:20 pm (I posted this at about 8:30am) its loving crazy ironic I posted this today because the bus was late today so I got back from lunch during the check out frenzy. One old woman didn't like the way I was bagging her groceries so she was trying to point with her four post cane thing how I was supposed to be doing it and as I was bent down by the bagging belt she jammed me right in the eye. I'm just now home from the ER and got some meetings with our union rep and shop stewards about workers comp. loving hilarious.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for letting my friend stay homeless for a week when I have an empty apartment?

My friend emily's lease ended on her apartment on the 28th and she can't get into her new apartment until the 8th so until then she is homeless. Initially I told her she could stay in my place for a week as I would be out of town during that time and I trust her. But then I realized that she had gotten back together with her ex and they were cohabiting again. Emily's a good friend and I know if I was in a situation like hers I could depend on her, and have in the past, but her bf is bad news. He's a souncloud rapper who sells weed for a living, is addicted to xans, and can get pretty violent. For example in her last apartment he literally put a hole in the wall via shoving her head into it. I really don't trust him to not break poo poo in my apartment or to not smoke weed in it. That said she has nowhere else to go and is literally sleeping in her car I've thought about telling her that she's the only one who can stay but im going out of town and I don't think she can be trusted to not bring him in once im out of sight. That said Ive been straight dodging her calls and i feel really guilty about it.

On one hand death to all landlords, but on the other hand who would willingly involve herself more than is strictly necessary with this dude?

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Zzulu posted:

Man

There's a great bitcoin story about a guy who renounced his US citizenship and became a citizen of St. Kitts, a Carribean country that only exists as a tax shelter.

He wanted to visit the US for a bitcoin conference but in order to get a visa he had to pay $250K in back taxes. He paid the back taxes, and then the US Embassy said they had no reason to believe he would actually leave the country and rejected his visa application.

He posed for this photo:

He did not attend the conference. He also still pays taxes to the US government because that is where his business and livelihood are located.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
As someone who is equal parts African as White rear end American, you really kinda gotta take a lead on how people refer to themselves with the biggest caveat of “as long as they’re in good faith.” This white dude from Zambia is being racist and cruel for the sake of racial dickwaving and it’s incredibly hosed.

I prefer to be referred to as mixed race or biracial as it indicates zero origin and pisses off nosy little assholes who want to go down the “no but where are you really from???” line of questioning. If you want to know, I’ll tell you if and when I feel like it/let you extensively google/creep my post history.

Get to know me first as a person, not my ethnicity thanks.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for letting my friend stay homeless for a week when I have an empty apartment?

My friend emily's lease ended on her apartment on the 28th and she can't get into her new apartment until the 8th so until then she is homeless. Initially I told her she could stay in my place for a week as I would be out of town during that time and I trust her. But then I realized that she had gotten back together with her ex and they were cohabiting again. Emily's a good friend and I know if I was in a situation like hers I could depend on her, and have in the past, but her bf is bad news. He's a souncloud rapper who sells weed for a living, is addicted to xans, and can get pretty violent. For example in her last apartment he literally put a hole in the wall via shoving her head into it. I really don't trust him to not break poo poo in my apartment or to not smoke weed in it. That said she has nowhere else to go and is literally sleeping in her car I've thought about telling her that she's the only one who can stay but im going out of town and I don't think she can be trusted to not bring him in once im out of sight. That said Ive been straight dodging her calls and i feel really guilty about it.

It sucks that she has to sleep in her car. Why can't her Prince Charming boyfriend put her up at his place? No, he's probably sleeping in the car with her.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

edit: wrong thread

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

PetraCore posted:

To me the difference is in large part that he's not claiming any specific nationality, but claiming a continent. If a white couple moved to Japan, had a child, and then the entire family as a unit moved back to the USA when the kid was 18, that person could reasonably claim to be Japanese or Japanese-American, but if they claimed to be Asian-American that gets iffy, because that has specific racial connotations as opposed to being a claim of nationality.

White dude can call himself Zambian-American if he wants, but I strongly suspect what he wants is to jerk black Americans around about their lack of cultural connection to Africa as a direct result of generations of slavery, so he can go gently caress himself.

He blatantly wants to go around lolsmugging "look look black people are the real racists".

CountryMatters
Apr 8, 2009

IT KEEPS HAPPENING

Runcible Cat posted:

He blatantly wants to go around lolsmugging "look look black people are the real racists".

I mean we can say unreliable narrator or whatever, but as written, someone told him that regardless of where he was born or raised he was always white American, and he defended himself by establishing his connections to the country he considers his home

I'd be on the black guys side if he'd just said he should say zambian American or told him that African American isn't considered acceptable in this context, but he jumped straight to blood and soil poo poo and that's not cool

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010
I feel like this belongs here. It should be in the AITA reddit though...

Mother of girl who committed suicide is suing me and her other friends over social media gossip

Among my friends group there is one girl (let's call her Emma, 20F) who had been the subject of much gossip for the last few years. She was attention seeking, posting her personal issues all the time, lying to get money from friends and never paying them back, playing the victim card when things don't go her way, and ruined someone's reputation with a fake rape accusation (from the information among our friends, there is little evidence to support her claim, and she has never gone to the police).

My worst experience was letting Emma crash at my place when she had a fight with one of her ex's, where she had a breakdown during the night, punched a hole in the wall, and broke my computer monitor. Needless to say, she never paid me the money for damages, nor does she have that kind of money.

We think Emma had mild intellectual disability, borderline personality disorder, and bipolar disorder, but was never hospitalized or received help. Earlier this month, we learned she died by drug overdose, but the gossip within Facebook group chats continued on. Today the registrar (an administrative role at my college) called me in and had some questions for me. Apparently the mother learned of the drama we had been cooking up because someone in the group leaked the information to her and now she plans to go to the police saying we played a big role in her suicide.

We never said anything to Emma directly (though I imagine it's possible someone in our group leaked the conversation to her). I scrutinized every message we said, and there was no message explicitly telling her to kill herself. We mostly talked about what a trashy person she is and how she needs to get help. 80% of the statements about her were true based on our past experiences with her with 20% based on assumptions/exaggerations. Since then the group chat has stayed quiet with many people leaving.

What can I expect to come in the future and what steps should I be taking?

Our friend had a learning disability and mental health problems according to our expert diagnosis, but we didn't let it stop us from trashing her online, even after she was dead. Why is her mother so upset????

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

cumshitter posted:

There's a great bitcoin story about a guy who renounced his US citizenship and became a citizen of St. Kitts, a Carribean country that only exists as a tax shelter.

St Kitts has been settled for thousands of years and is a lot more than a tax shelter :colbert:

I'm glad bitcoin guy had a bad time though.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for using my seniority to take my lunch and breaks at the same time every day because it's when the retirement home brings residents to shop?
I applaud the guy having the foresight to take his breaks like that. Customers are the worst, but if you can strategically miss out on the worst of the worst it's not as bad. Scheduling breaks based on seniority is kind of weird, never heard of that but I don't work retail.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

there was no message explicitly telling her to kill herself.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

sebmojo posted:

"if you were to take some action that resulted in you being dead, that'd be great. but, take that statement however you want, it's not on us"

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

If you were to end up dead, lol, just stay with me here, I mean don't you think? You dead? Haha good right

rest his guts
Mar 3, 2013

...pls father forgive me
for my terrible post history...
It might be good of you to die

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
we can only say we want you to kill yourself in context of explaining that we would never say we want you to kill yourself, so please, we do not want you to kill yourself. do not under any circumstances KILL YOURSELF. killing yourself, while it would vastly improve the lives of everyone around you, is something you should not think about. if you are thinking about killing yourself, please reconsider, even if you believe that the world would be really much better if you killed yourself. don't think about killing yourself.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

sebmojo posted:

"We just gossiped and laughed at her, insulted her and tormented her. I mean, like 80% of what we said was true, so it's not like we're just making poo poo up. Christ, her killing herself has made the group fall apart! That's her fault for breaking us up and taking away our fun."

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

We hate her so, so much

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
She took away all our fun. What are we going to do now? I mean, it's not like developmentally disabled, bpd people grow on trees.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
So these are just typical Facebook users right

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

they should've just said it was banter, then no one would challenge them

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for calling a 14 year old kid a pussy at work?

Context- I'm 20M and I'm only around 5'6. I'm a lifeguard as well. I’ve also had zero problems like this in the 4 years I’ve worked as a lifeguard.

My shift at the pool that day was from 10-7 and it was around 93 degrees. It was 6:45 pm (that's when the pool closes, not when I can leave) and I blew the whistle for everyone to get out of the pool. The sooner people leave, the sooner I can clean, the sooner I can go home. Everyone got out of the pool beside a guy in the pool while the rest of his friends were already out. I asked him politely to get out multiple times and he kept refusing. I said "cmon don't be a dick about it," he says "I'm not being a dick about it" and he swam underwater away. Out of annoyance, I said slightly louder than under my breath as he was underwater "loving pussy". I wasn't saying it as like a direct insult, mostly out of frustration. He gets out eventually and I start cleaning. He and his friends go up to me and the guy gets in my face and says "I heard you called me a pussy, if you have something to say then say it to my face". He was a good 3 inches away from my face so this was clearly for intimidation, so I just said "Pussy" to show him I'm not folding. He backs off because I bet he expected me to fold since he had his friends behind him. He then asks me how old I am and I said I'm 20. He then says "Bro I'm only 14, you shouldn't talk to me that way." I then said, "I don't care how old you are, I told you to get out of the pool". Then they left.

I know it was out of line but I was at the end of a 10-hour shift and I asked him multiple times to get out and I just wanted to go home. This kid did not look 14 and he was my height so I really had no clue he was that young. So am I the rear end in a top hat for not keeping my cool?

From the sound of things the kid WAS a loving pussy so I don't see what the problem is.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for dipping my biscuit in mashed potatoes then refusing to leave the lunch table.

quote:

This happened back in highschool (~5-6 years ago) and at the time everyone at my lunch table hated me for this; however, I told this story more recently and received various responses.

Context: I tend to have weird eating habits that include but are not limited to; putting hot sauce on just about everything I eat, drinking pickle juice, eating incredibly fast (I can eat burgers in just a few bites since I don't chew), preferring ramen raw, drinking soy sauce, eating bouillon cubes and I have pica. As a result, I was occasionally asked to leave the lunch table, which I did with no contest as I was aware of my weirdness.

Now this event took place on Thanksgiving. I'm not sure if people from outside the US celebrate Thanksgiving, but it's essentially a holiday where we celebrate gluttony by eating a poo poo ton of food like turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, etc. This is the only day of the year where they don't serve us prison food at school and actually make home-cooked food. There's over 20 different things you can stack on your plate and I usually piled almost every option on my paper plate until I had to hold it from beneath as to ensure nothing would spill.

When I got back to the table to sit with my friends, I began inhaling my food. Everything was fine until I took a bite of my biscuit; it was dry. So I did what I normally do with dry biscuits and dip them into my mash potatoes and gravy to moisten it. When I did this and took a bite I heard a shriek from across the table. My friend "Amanda" said "ew that's loving disgusting, LEAVE!" I was dumbfounded because I had no idea what I did, so I asked her "what do you mean?" The conversation dragged on for a little bit since she wasn't very direct at first but eventually she explained that she found it disgusting that I would mix my food like that. I was like "tough poo poo" and continued to eat my biscuit how I wanted which caused her to dry heave and repeatedly ask me to leave the table. I told her that if it disgusted her so much that was her problem not mine so she should leave, which she eventually did.

Honestly I would have left the table if it was a reasonable request but I've never heard of somebody being disgusted over "mixing" food like mashed potatoes and a biscuit. Everyone at the lunch table told me afterwards that I was being a dick and I should have left but I stood my ground saying it's unreasonable to demand that over such a silly thing, AITA?

edit: to all the people downvoting those who were disgusted by my eating habits mentioned in the "context", quit being so ignorant. I understand why they are disgusted and downvoting won't change their visceral reaction to my habits. In fact the entire premise of this AITA is to determine where visceral ends and where ignorance begins.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Amanda should be more sympathetic to fellow Anacondas

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for dipping my biscuit in mashed potatoes then refusing to leave the lunch table.

I don't get it. I thought biscuits were supposed to be eaten with gravy and someone has a meltdown because a guy dipped his into mashed potatoes and gravy? And that was 6 years ago and somehow the guy wants to know if he was TA?

I can't even

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I really really thought this would be about him sticking his genitals into mashed potatoes and so Im left unsure how to feel that the dude is doing what he actually said hes doing

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
AITA for resenting my (16M) sister (17F) for enjoying her underwater weighing while I hated every minute of it?

quote:

My mom called my doctor and said to him "What's the most accurate measurement for weighing?" The doctor said "An underwater weighing test" And just like that, my mom said "Yes. When can my son and my daughter can take it?" and the doc said "Today at 2pm."

So, I didn't bother taking a shower and so did my sister too, so I had to get into a special swimming suit(tight pants...Ugh).

My sister said "Can I pull my hair down to a ponytail?" The doctor said "No." So my sister with her long, blonde hair went underwater with 8 seconds and had she must enjoyed it..but I didn't.

My sister had to wear pants and a bra, so she enjoyed minutes of going underwater. I didn't take a shower and she didn't too.

Before she got into the tank, you see girls 'pretend' to pull their hair into ponytails, but they don't. That's what she did.

The reason for this topic to not get too confusing is that don't you guys like to see teenage girls in a tank with their hair and their body soaked and wet? That's the reason for this topic.

You want a detailed summary of what happened today? Alright, here goes:

My mom wanted to do something instead of weighing myself on a scale. She heard about a underwater weighing test from my doctor last year and she wanted to give it a try to both, myself and my sister.

She called the doctor and wanted to schedule an appointment for my sister and I and today was the only day they could get us in. So my mom told both of us you don't need to take a shower if you don't want to(since I got up at 12pm and she got up at 12:30p.m.) It goes on from there with the underwater weighing at the doctor's office.

My sister constantly talks about her hair. "Should I wash it?" "Should I pull my hair up or leave it down?" Stuff like that. It wasn't my idea to take this underwater weighing thing. The doctor puts you in a tank (and I didn't have a shower), makes you do certain things of breathing, and you put your head underwater for a few seconds. Not hard at all.

To answer you question, before my sister and I got into the tank, the doctor did a basic weight test then I got into the tank and did some breathing excerises to see how my lungs would be situated underwater. Then the doctor took the temperature of the water inside the tank. After I taken my underwater tests, I had to stick my head underwater for 8 seconds and it was done. 30 minutes its all it take.

About the topic title:

I have a life on an off day from school. I didn't expect to go to my doctor's office and take an underwater weighing test. That said with my sister. I wasn't mad at my mom for doing this, but if she would've let me know about it days in advance, then it would be okay.

About the hair:

Everytime I go swimming at the YMCA, I see girls having their hair down and it doesn't disrupt them when they are swimming because it would get in the way, wouldn't it? You know if you've ever seen girls at your school that grab their hair and they look like they are going to pull their hair up, but don't.

About the shower:

Both my sister and I didn't feel like taking a shower yesterday because it was around noon time and had little time to get ready to go to the doctor's office. My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports bra, so she enjoyed every minute of going underwater. I DIDN'T ENJOY IT BECAUSE IT WAS MY DAY OFF FROM SCHOOL?! MY SISTER ENJOYED IT BECAUSE SHE HAD LITTLE ON GOING ON, WHILE I DID!

About the reason for the underwater test:

My mom wanted to do something instead of weighing myself on a scale. She heard about a underwater weighing test from my doctor last year and she wanted to give it a try to both, myself and my sister. I didn't enjoy the test but my sister did.

Again about the hair:

I go down to the YMCA and see where girls pretend to pull their hair back so it does or does not get in the way but the doctor said she couldnt for the underwater test through we had not taken a shower either

About the shower:

So my mom told both of us you don't need to take a shower if you don't want to so I didn't take a shower and she didn't too. Before she got into the tank, you see girls 'pretend' to pull their hair up, but they don't. That's what she did.

More about the topic title:

I have a life on an off day from school. I didn't expect to go to my doctor's office and take an underwater weighing test. That said with my sister. So I was mad at my mother and I wasn't going to take a shower if she said I had to but she let me skip the shower. Anyways I wasn't thinking well and was saving time (saving time by not taking a shower too) so I posted the topic title that I thought of because I was mad.

More about the hair:

She skipped the shower around noon. As said same goes with me. Then we took the underwater tests. My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports bra, so she enjoyed every minute of going underwater. Before that she tried to put her hair up but she wasn't allowed to. The doctor said no. So she did to her hair like what I see when I go down to the YMCA and see where girls pretend to pull their hair back.

About the water:

The water is located in a room that is different than the office. It is in a different location. My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports bra in a different room than the doctors office. My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports bra in the room with the water.

About the underwater test:

My mom wanted to do something instead of weighing myself on a scale.

More about my sister:

My sister was in tight clothing due to the test. My sister was wet just like me because the test was in a tank of water. My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports brain the room with the water. My sister did not wear tight pants and a sports bra in the office. My sister had to change into tight pants and a sports bra in the restroom before we got into the room with the water. I too had to change before and after the water room and did so in the restroom.

About the test:

To answer you question, before my sister and I got into the tank, the doctor did a basic weight test then I got into the tank and did some breathing excerises to see how my lungs would be situated underwater. Then the doctor took the temperature of the water inside the tank. After I completed my underwater tests which were underwater, I had to stick my head underwater for 8 seconds and it was done. 30 minutes its all it take.

This process then goes repeated for my sister.

After around noon I did not take a shower. Then the doctor did a basic weight test then I got into the tank and did some breathing excerises to see how my lungs would be situated underwater. I did not drown or lose oxygen during this process.

About the clothing:

My sister had to wear tight pants and a sports bra. I had to ware tight clothing as well.

About why I'm mad:

I have a life on an off day from school. I didn't expect to go to my doctor's office and take an underwater weighing test.I was happy with the off day from school and I got a off shower day too. Then we had to get tested underwater.

She's 17 years old Long hair Tan Usually has her hair up but like I the doctor didn't let her so she made her hair like the girls I see down to the YMCA where people pretend to pull their hair back.

My sister enjoyed the tight clothing. My mother forces us to take showers. However we had an off school day and I guess was nice and gave us an off shower day. Nether the less I would not have took a shower due to my anger. I would have enjoyed the tight clothing but however I was angery due to the test so I did not enjoy so.

About the topic title:

I have a life on an off day from school. I didn't expect to go to my doctor's office and take an underwater weighing test. That said with my sister. I wasn't mad at my mom for doing this, but if she would've let me know about it days in advance, then it would be okay.I couldn't think of a topic so I said "Stooped so low."

About the house:

The house contains a kitchen , two bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, three bedrooms and a basement. Like I said I got up at noon did not take the shower. My sister did not take the shower. Then we went to the underwater test.

My sister also did not take a shower before taking the underwater test that got us wet. My sister found it enjoyable to be in the water because for the underwater test she was required to ware a sports bra and tight clothing. She and I got wet in the underwater test. Is it not enjoyable for you guys to be soaked and wet in tight clothing ?

I find it enjoy able to be wet in tight clothing. She was wearing tight pants and a sports bra and therefore found it enjoyable.Same for my sister. However it needs to be said that showers I do not find enjoyable. Same goes for me sister. Yes if I am going to get wet I would prefer to be in tight clothing. Because I enjoy being wet in tight clothing . Same goes for my sister. We were both wet during the underwater test.

I do look at girls at the YMCA when they are swimming. I mean have you ever watched what girls do to there hair at the YMCA. Watch girls at the YMCA. You will see the girls do that. I saw my sister do that too after the doctor said she couldn't put her hair in a ponytail.

I think I made mistake somewhere. I was in the room with her and so was my mother. However only me and my sister took the test. We each got in to the tank seperately. She was waring a sports bra and tight pants and had not took a shower that day. The doctor said she couldn't so she did was those YMCA girls did.

My sister and I did not take a shower because our mom let us have an off shower day. Then we went to the underwater testing that caused us to both ware tight clothing and get wet. Really its not a big deal that we had an off shower day. Due to the fact that I spent a lot of time underwater in clorinated water it killed the germs anyways. It also killed my sister's germs irregaurdless of the fact she was in tight clothing.

I do not like showers because I do not like getting wet if I am not in tight clothing. The same goes for my sister. However it needs to be said that my sister did enjoy being in a sports bra and tight clothing. I take showers like normal because my mom forces me. I didn't like the pool because my mom made me take the underwater test on an off school day and an off shower day.

I keep describing my sister in order to describe the clothing that she was waring. It was tight clothing. I do not like getting wet because it bothers me. However me and my sister like to get wet if we are in tight clothing. However my sister doesn't dislike being wet. It makes it ok because I enjoy it. Its a combination of being wet and nude I dislike. However my sister does not dislike this.

My sister is 17. I already posted this. I am 16 years old. She makes me take vitamins. We used to take baths together when we were like 3. However that is normal. We only had one bathroom and two bedrooms back then. Now our house has 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms , a dining room , a kitchen, a basement, and a living room. I am detailing the house because someone accused me of living in a gingerbread house.

I used to play runescape for a year but my mom made me stop. My sister used to play also. However our mother made us stop because we played so much. She has more of a life than me now but still I still have a life. I am stocky

I have friends in school and talk to them. My sister also has a lot of friends. I am part of the bowling club. I bowled a 160 last week. My sister does not belong to that club. However my sister only likes Lord of the Rings. My sister enjoyed the underwater test while she ware a sports bra and tight clothing.

She watches the television show Grey's anatomy all the time. She likes that show. It is a show that she enjoys watching. I don't enjoy it. She does not watch me she watches Grey's anatomy.

She has not been to the dentist since she was 4. She went to a crappy one and it scared her.I have to go often because my teeth are bad. She does not go because she is scared. I do not like dogs. She likes pretty much all dogs but she likes small dogs better. However she likes all dogs unlike me.

Today my mom made my sister and me take a shower. I didn't like it. My sister was ok. Today was another off-school day. Our family is a christian family. My sister is a christain. Same goes for me.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

This is real or did a computer write this?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Flannelette posted:

yes

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Flannelette posted:

It’s an old post, I can’t remember where it originally showed up. Could be real though.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

"Its not that I'm saying you should kill yourself, I'm just saying maybe people would like it if you were not to be alive anymore "

Also yeah that ponytail one started on 4chan I believe. What the original poster meant was a mystery.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

It’s from ign, possibly gamefaqs at the time. I think it hit the rest of the internet when somebody posted it to 4chan, but here’s the original thread

https://www.ign.com/boards/threads/wow-i-cannot-believe-my-mom-stooped-so-low.136316639/

welcome to hell
Jun 9, 2006
Can I "forbid" my boyfriend from getting my name tatted on him? It's his body, but I do not want this.

quote:

By "forbid" I mean, "if you do this, I'll never look at you again". This poo poo is scaring me. But realistically I don't even know if I could do that, how do you break-up with someone who has your name on their body FOREVER.

So my boyfriend wanted to get my name tatted. His eldest brother is much older and has his wife’s name tatted on. His dad has his moms name tatted on. My bf, his dad and all his brothers have their family tree tatted with their years of birth and initials. It might sound corny, but it’s so cute.They’re huge on family and commitment. I’m huge on my family too, there literally isn’t a single thing I wouldn’t do for them. But we don’t believe in tattoos.

It was supposed to be a SURPRISE, until one of his younger brothers slipped at their dinner table (Mom makes them all have a huge Sunday dinner together, no excuses). He was planning on getting it as soon as dinner was over. They all thought he was joking.

He said that he wanted to show me how much I meant to him. But he doesn’t need to put something on his body forever to show that, you know. But he said "you're my forever", which would be the sweetest thing ever if he wasn't about to get my name tatted.

I told him that I can’t promise him forever. The tattoo puts so much pressure on us. I didn’t want the name tatted. Everyone told him to relax and wait a bit. But he had his mind set and refused to listen to anyone. Including me.

Here’s where the rear end in a top hat part comes in. I was panicking. He was still trying to do it, because it’s his body. So I said that I’m not allowing him to put my name on his body. He said I can’t tell him what to do. I said it’s my name and I don’t want it on there. I’m not having it. If he does put it on there, I’m never talking to him again. This happened in front of his family. I didn’t know when we’d be alone, I was worried he’d get it the moment I left. I didn’t yell it, but I said it in a serious voice. He just excused himself and went to his room. His dad lowkey went a few minutes after. Then they came back together later and things felt normal. Things were calmer.

I’m wondering if it sucks for me to swear I’d never speak to someone who was getting ready to have my name tatted on them. Is it even my place to forbid someone from doing something to their body? In front of his family too. Is this manipulative? I genuinely believed that if I didn't put my foot down then, he'd do it regardless.

Its still my name and I’m not comfortable with that being there. It scares me. How can I ever break up with someone who has my name on their body? I’m not saying I’m going to, but I’d be lying if I said it’s not a possibility.

We haven't talked since. This is our second fight ever.

Edit: y’all we’re 19. I can’t promise him forever.
My boyfriend got my name tattooed, even though I told him NOT to.

quote:

Less than a WEEK ago he told me he wanted to get a tattoo with my name and I told him not to. We had a huge fight about it. I told him I didn’t want this and if he did it, I’d never talk to him again.

But he did it and I didn’t break up with him. Because you can’t dump someone who put your name on their body. I also don’t want to break up with him because I do still love him. But this is crazy. I can’t explain it. I just know that this is too much and I need space. But rejecting him after he did something so wild feels wrong. It’d break his heart. But when I think about this, I feel like I can’t breathe. I still want to be with him, but this is scary.

He said it’s because I’m “his forever”, but we are too young to promise each other forever.

His whole family thinks he’s insane and stupid for this.

This is crazy and freaking me out. I’m scared and I don’t know why. I know he’d never hurt me, it’s not that kind of scared. I know I’m not in danger. It’s just a different kind of scared. This is too crazy. I feel suffocated and like I can’t breathe.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

It sucks that she has to sleep in her car. Why can't her Prince Charming boyfriend put her up at his place? No, he's probably sleeping in the car with her.

'But then I realized that she had gotten back together with her ex and they were cohabiting again.'

He doesn't have a his place, he was living with her at her old place.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

feedmegin posted:

'But then I realized that she had gotten back together with her ex and they were cohabiting again.'

He doesn't have a his place, he was living with her at her old place.

Really sounds like it’s their problem.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Grape posted:

Let me guess, you're from somewhere along the Atlantic and/or Scandinavia, excluding Northern Ireland. And definitely the west of the old iron curtain.
No, I don't want you to tell me about "how Europe is".

I mean, my great granddad was Irish, moved to Britain, and happily married a British woman. This is not in the least uncommon over here and never has been. So how about you, random rear end in a top hat from another continent, stop telling me what my own lived experience and that of my friends and family in Europe is? Sectarianism and old grudges and so on exist, certainly. For the vast majority of people, it doesn't affect their dating lives. People just aren't, by and large, going 'grrr, this guy's Italian and I'm Spanish, I can't possibly date him because Mussolini supported Franco back in the 30s'. That would be weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

AITA for resenting my (16M) sister (17F) for enjoying her underwater weighing while I hated every minute of it?

Fantastically inscrutable