Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

sorry for posting in this thread, I think graph and jit bull transpile said I would be banned if I posted in this thread again

but there are a lot of cranky people, and you don't need to be cranky

you're not banned from this thread. you're banned from attacking other posters itt with no provocation. that's it. you're welcome as long as you're not busting people down for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
yeah, thanks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also i'm not referring to you personally as cranky

a lot of people are fuckin discontent and that's okay

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

SmokaDustbowl posted:

also i'm not referring to you personally as cranky

a lot of people are fuckin discontent and that's okay

eh I am pretty cranky lol

but yeah there's plenty of people with good reason to be in a bad mood lately

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I presume you have tried nail strength products of various types already?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Synthbuttrange posted:

I presume you have tried nail strength products of various types already?

yep. they usually make things worse. solaroil helps a little bit but my index fingers and thumbs still peel at the tips no matter how closely trimmed I keep them.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender
my partner refers to me as "cranky"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

reformatting dick space.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I've been thinking about ffs lately and will probably end up with spiegel since Deschamps is out of network for me, but it kind of bugs me how disingenuous his photo gallery can be. so many pictures are a pre transition picture next to a picture with full beat. there's no doubt he's good but why be shady exaggerating results that way?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jit bull transpile posted:

I've been thinking about ffs lately and will probably end up with spiegel since Deschamps is out of network for me, but it kind of bugs me how disingenuous his photo gallery can be. so many pictures are a pre transition picture next to a picture with full beat. there's no doubt he's good but why be shady exaggerating results that way?

I had spiegel for a brow reduction and my opinion of any and all plastic surgeons is gently caress em

impossible to trust them tbqh

it wasn’t too bad but I also had a relatively smaller procedure than people getting jaws done n poo poo

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Pollyanna posted:

I had spiegel for a brow reduction and my opinion of any and all plastic surgeons is gently caress em

impossible to trust them tbqh

it wasn’t too bad but I also had a relatively smaller procedure than people getting jaws done n poo poo

plastic surgery has dramatically improved my life

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

oh I don’t disagree with that, I don’t regret the procedure itself at all

just that I view it as a tightly scoped service for a very specific problem and made sure to temper my expectations cause plastic surgeons like to hype poo poo up and push for more stuff than I asked for

also I’m a suspicious old bat

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

jit bull transpile posted:

I was on the fence about it, but since medi-cal covers ~everything~ I am fuckin going for it. Even it's not spectacular it's still something.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
curiosity q: is there the equivalent of FFS for trans men? I've never heard much about it. can they take it either direction?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jonny 290 posted:

curiosity q: is there the equivalent of FFS for trans men? I've never heard much about it. can they take it either direction?

yeah. it involves implants and stuff though and most trans men don't need it because testosterone makes your face bones grow. ftm hrt works way better than mtf hrt

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

except for the boobs. afab people don't get any help with those.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

aardvaard posted:

except for the boobs. afab people don't get any help with those.

yeah, true

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Basically if something grows during puberty there's no ungrowing it, but testosterone is way better at growing things that didn't grow during puberty than estrogen is.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
a friend of mine got ffs for himself years back and yeah it's literally just implants

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

no amount of ffs helps me lol

it’s literally only for physical dysphoria in my case, so I treated it as nothing more than fixing a mistake. I didn’t put any hopes on it

I would have been ruined if I did

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/ciswoman/status/1157019089891545089

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

that's uh, some opening number

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
great fills tho

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Jonny 290 posted:

great fills tho

lmao

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

lol dope

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
you have to wait a year to get the grs dlc in my case

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

i highly recommend everyone visit the website on that truck, it's an experience: http://angelsjunkremoval.com/

looks like someone got a copy of Poser for christmas this year :allears:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Holy poo poo that's amazing

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

pride parade is here this weekend and while I really want to go (never been to one, always wanted to) I don't know if I really... fit in? like internally I've been battling the genderfeels for a couple years but externally I just present as a cis-enough pansexual guy for various reasons and I feel like my going would be a waste of time. like I feel as if my presence would be a case of, oh look another long haired bearded white guy, good job going to pride you absolute muppet.

am I way off base here? I'm incredibly new at this whole "being publicly not-cishet" thing.

maybe I should find a therapist instead of going to pride lol

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Kazinsal posted:

pride parade is here this weekend and while I really want to go (never been to one, always wanted to) I don't know if I really... fit in? like internally I've been battling the genderfeels for a couple years but externally I just present as a cis-enough pansexual guy for various reasons and I feel like my going would be a waste of time. like I feel as if my presence would be a case of, oh look another long haired bearded white guy, good job going to pride you absolute muppet.

am I way off base here? I'm incredibly new at this whole "being publicly not-cishet" thing.

go to pride
it will be life affirming. no one Wil judge you

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

just go for the experience, queer people are all sorts of people. there’s definitely problems with corporate pride & trans representation / accessibility in many cities but I don’t think you’d not fit in. most cities have some kind of alternate pride or lower key events for the community too. also therapy is good too tbh

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Kazinsal posted:

go to pride

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
like, it sounds like your situation is quite similar to mine! and i had a wonderful time at pride! it was very affirming

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
i tried to go to pride but it got cancelled because people were busy storming the parliament building.

sometimes thems the breaks.

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

Taco Defender
if you’re LGBTQ+, Pride is for you

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Kazinsal posted:

there are a lot of queer people who don't look like queer people, you will not stand out.

i understand exactly where you're coming from, having once walked through a pride fair as a cis-enough pansexual guy before ditching because i felt really awkward and out of place.

then i figured out that i was actually a very trans pansexual woman, so maybe you have that in your future.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Kazinsal posted:

get a pin or patch or something like that with a queer flag or symbol of your choice on it to let people know that you're not just Some Dude there to gawk. i mean nobody's going to care at all either way, but it might make you feel better? i know it sounds dumb and trivial but like, it legit helped me get over the same sort of "oh no i'm just a weird kinda straight-acting awkward white dude what am i even doing here" feelings back in the day to just wear some stuff with rainbows on it, i guess to clearly declare (probably to myself) that i'm a cool gaybro or whatever.

but really after like 5 minutes you won't even think about it anymore.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.
I'm a mostly straight cis white long haired bearded guy and I love going to pride. Go soak up the good vibes, you won't regret it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

aardvaard posted:

there are a lot of queer people who don't look like queer people, you will not stand out.

also pride is full of cishet people there to see the show show their support, so displaying even a fraction of a percent more queerness than them will probably be enough to feel like part of the group

also also PSA: unless you know your city's pride is particularly tame, don't bring your young kids with you. the most memorable moment at the pride i went to was seeing an almost stereotypically suburban white straight family with a bunch of little kids sitting under a tree, all of whom were closely watching this guy walking around shirtless in a leather harness and fetish dog mask and what i'm pretty sure was a buttplug tail coming out of the back of his pants as he waved a "puppy play" flag and made dog sounds