Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Addamere posted:

thanks for these recs!

The one I recommended is an IF game from the 80s but there are lps of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

“He says what we’re thinking and what we want to say,” noted a white woman at a Trump rally in Montana. “We wish we could speak our mind without worrying about the consequences,” explained a white man at a Phoenix event. “He can speak his mind without worrying.”

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Isn't the narrator of the moon is a harsh mistress a computer I didn't read it

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

703 posted:

Microwave and add toppings after?

doing twice baked with a cheedar cheese and pepperoni filling

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Addamere posted:

hey ehf is there any good sci fi written from a robot's perspective or the narrator is a robot

sure Lem has done one or two , maybe the cyberad

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

these are inspiring and make me feel better about the condition of humanity even as i understand they are the product of the interaction of multiple procedural generation systems intended to automate capitalist extraction

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stefan Prodan posted:

The one I recommended is an IF game from the 80s but there are lps of it

quote:

AMFV is not a conventional Infocom adventure, having only a single puzzle near the end of the game. Unlike most other Infocom titles, particularly those written by Steve Meretzky, the game has a serious tone and a political theme, attributes which the company would revisit with the following year's Trinity. The game is among Infocom's most respected titles, although it was not a commercial success.

Author Steve Meretzky noted that he had hoped for some controversy with the political content of AMFV. When the game generated nearly no uproar at all, he "decided to write something with a little bit of sex in it, because nothing generates controversy like sex".[9] The resulting game with "a little bit of sex" is Leather Goddesses of Phobos.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Stefan Prodan posted:

its someone in a lifestyle bdsm relationship w the moon

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Al! posted:

hey crazy cloud someone wrote a book about something awful and dedicated it to you whats up with that

Wow, cool. What?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Squizzle posted:

these are inspiring and make me feel better about the condition of humanity even as i understand they are the product of the interaction of multiple procedural generation systems intended to automate capitalist extraction

it's a far out trip innit

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
oh man, cum

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Al! posted:

hey crazy cloud someone wrote a book about something awful and dedicated it to you whats up with that

:eyepop:

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

wanna smoke that hill spliff

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Stefan Prodan posted:

No it's a dude who speaks English with Russian syntax

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

why man cum

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/emptywheel/status/1157058892184072192

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

:chaostrump:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

tacodaemon posted:

“He says what we’re thinking and what we want to say,” noted a white woman at a Trump rally in Montana. “We wish we could speak our mind without worrying about the consequences,” explained a white man at a Phoenix event. “He can speak his mind without worrying.”

saying the n word is more blissful than the hottest sex, the dopest drug, apparently

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Did you read the plot summary it's cspam as hell

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Addamere posted:

hey ehf is there any good sci fi written from a robot's perspective or the narrator is a robot

The murder bot series isn't great but it's fun

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

There was a zen master who enjoyed a good reputation in his community. One day the neighbors came to his door enraged and furious, accusing him of having fathered the child that their teenager was about to bear.

The zen master said: “TRUMP!” The rumors ran wild and the master lost his reputation. A few months later the child was born and the baby was brought to the zen master, who accepted and cared for him or her.

A year later the daughter of the neighbors admitted that the father was actually the butcher of the town. The parents, mortified, went back to the Zen master’s house and confessed, apologized and asked for the child back. The zen master said: "TRUMP!" – then returned the baby.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

An Apple A Gay posted:

dr bruce damer is doing experiments with nasa trying to figure out how life began

buncha sea monkey poo poo

is that the bad guy from Species

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

jesus christ i can imagine the smell :barf:

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

sinnesloeschen posted:

lol talcum powder and grand finale hairspray

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

meanwhile, in Australia

https://mobile.twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1157053805399347201

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

crazy cloud posted:

im gonna teach u the magic words free crazy cloud

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Spergin Morlock posted:

lol talcum powder and grand finale hairspray

and bath and body works spray

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tacodaemon posted:

meanwhile, in Australia

materialism is a bitch :c00l:

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

It's old and I've posted it, but I just love repeating it:

quote:

Esther Schneider of Texas, Sean Maloney of Ohio and Timothy Knight of Tennessee just resigned their positions on the board of the National Rifle Association.

According to the Washington Post, reported that the three said that they raised questions about the lavish spending by CEO Wayne LaPierre. After, they were suddenly stripped of their committee assignments. The resigned after that.

The NRA has been thrown into chaos after former NRA chief Oliver North was ousted in wake of criticisms of about the way the organization was spending members’ money.

To make matters worse, NRA TV was ended after the organization refused to pay invoices from the communications and marketing firm that runs the project. It devolved into chaos after North was attacked in a lawsuit by the company.

“On a cosmic level, the NRA has been hemorrhaging cash for years (running deficits of as much as $40 million a year), may be nearly broke, is losing members, and now faces a formidable legal challenge to its tax exempt status,” wrote conservative Charlie Sykes. “And this doesn’t even include its odd entanglements with the Russians,” wrote Sykes. “The full NRA board is supposed to meet on Monday to hash all of this out.”

The NRA was behind at least $15 million in soft money used to help elect President Donald Trump in 2016. There are questions about where exactly the money came from and allegations it was funneled through foreign donors.

Wayne LaPierre single handedly destroyed the NRA, and Oliver North was cheating the NRA out of tons of money but actually wanted to save the institution.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

sinnesloeschen posted:

https://twitter.com/johnnyfrohman/status/1157017249905090560

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

https://twitter.com/bryanyang/status/1157014729682018304

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

sinnesloeschen posted:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1157062022821007360

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2cMG33mWVY

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Addamere posted:

have you read the last question

not a perfect answer to yr question, but its relevant or tangent to it, and v short

and good

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squizzle posted:

have you read the last question

not a perfect answer to yr question, but its relevant or tangent to it, and v short

and good

i have! its good

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.

Addamere posted:

there's probably tons from authors who don't realize they are robots

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

fits my needs posted:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1157057769297580071?s=20

guys we did it!!!!!! we finally won!!!!!! :911:

long live.....the......Taliban!? :nice:

Good to know flying airliners into skyscrapers is an effective strategy. Didn't see that coming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
strait kash, homey