Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
https://i.imgur.com/NQALiMy.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

starkebn
May 18, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/nn6BebK.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Not sure how either of these are OSHA to be honest

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
look it these OSHA thread noobs :3: all serious about parachutes

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Memento posted:

Its OSHA, not OSHIT

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/KeZlkpA.mp4

Bacon Taco
Jun 8, 2006

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN
Dinosaur Gum

Rent-A-Cop posted:

What browser?

Maybe your adblock is hiding them?

They work fine for me in the Awful App for Android.

Awful App for Android has been making GBS threads on me the last 24 hours until recently when it forced me to sign in again, FYI.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I had a really bad feeling about that last car. Jesus.

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Now that's what I call alcohol abuse.

Any info on wtf?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Nothing surprising, just your normal GTA physics.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Any info on wtf?

hydroplaning on fresh asphalt?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Wet weather, assholes who can't drive.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Any info on wtf?

Azhais posted:

hydroplaning on fresh asphalt?

But I have all wheel driiiiiiive!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Maybe scaffolding should have a parachute.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
Im not sure if youre being serious but I doubt thats enough height for a parachute to fully deploy.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

A terrible tragedy, but not OSHA.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Sagebrush posted:

Not only do they make airplanes with parachutes, but some airplanes are designed so that with the engine shut down they naturally descend no faster than they would in a parachute landing.

The guy in that video may have even made out better than if he'd had an airframe parachute because he was able to pick a nice clean flat road to land on. They might even be able to fix the problem and fly the plane right back out

Lolv at calling Pac Ave in Parkland "clean." Also it's a busy thoroughfare so landing there is definitely s hail Mary unless you're doing it late at night.

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

Fallows posted:

Im not sure if youre being serious but I doubt thats enough height for a parachute to fully deploy.

That's why you just leave it deployed all the time.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Oops.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
That's the face and bearing of someone who needed just one thing to not go wrong today :smith:

Hipster_Doofus
Dec 20, 2003

Lovin' every minute of it.

Fallows posted:

I'm not sure if you're being serious.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Splicer posted:

That's the face and bearing of someone who needed just one thing to not go wrong today :smith:

I rode 3 miles to a tailgate with a six pack on the handlebars of my bicycle and 3 feet before I reached the grass at the end of the pavement, the same thing happened to me. Same reaction, too.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

withak posted:

A terrible tragedy, but not OSHA.

Wrong, they're not wearing closed toe shoes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I wonder if this is modified at all besides the seatbelts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8m-vJVnOpjA

csm141
Jul 19, 2010

i care, i'm listening, i can help you without giving any advice
Pillbug

tater_salad posted:

It would be nice if planes had parachutes that's all I'm gunna say.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu84FegPP-g

Guyver
Dec 5, 2006

FogHelmut posted:

I wonder if this is modified at all besides the seatbelts:
Looks like they added counter weight.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ones that work though. Maybe airbags

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

tater_salad posted:

That parachute did work. The parachute slows the plane down enough and the seats themselves are on a crumpling mount that absorbs the rest of the energy.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

That parachute did work. The parachute slows the plane down enough and the seats themselves are on a crumpling mount that absorbs the rest of the energy.

The seats and your L1 through L5 lumbar discs.

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW_OkzChXQU&t=348s

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

FogHelmut posted:

The seats and your L1 through L5 lumbar discs.

When deployed properly the CAPS system has a fairly low injury rate, something like <%5 per use. It still causes significant damage to the airplane but depending on the situation it's the least lovely option. That's when it's deployed properly. When deployed improperly:

quote:

CAPS event #9, Aug 2006, Indianapolis, IN (CAPS Save #8, parachute observed not fully deployed)
1 fatality, 3 serious injuries; Factors: IMC, loss of control, stall/spin descent; Activation: low altitude; 528 feet AGL in 100 knot spin (3-1/2 turns) just 4 seconds prior to impact, well below design parameters for survivable CAPS deployment, first activation of CAPS by non-pilot; Weather: IMC; Landing: water, pond among residential housing

tater_salad posted:

That airplane has airbags built into the seat belts, and the parachute worked:

quote:

CAPS event #77, 5 March 2016, near Hauppauge, NY (CAPS save #63)
1 minor injury, 1 uninjured; Factors: loss of engine power due to catastrophic engine failure; Activation: TBD; Weather: VMC; Landing: lawn of industrial park

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Now that's what I call alcohol abuse.

Any info on wtf?

I'm guessing: tornado.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

PainterofCrap posted:

I'm guessing: tornado.

Isn’t that ice on the hood?

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Any info on wtf?

having done this myself: if your traction is questionable, you should absolutely not change lanes at full speed. you should slow way the gently caress down, like 20 or 30, before changing lanes. esp. with nobody directly behind you. because if you're going 60-70, you can break traction and spin out just from that little turn to move from one lane to another.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I thought it was just Texans driving in the rain

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Reminds me of that grim clip where a river's overflowing a bridge in India. A dude tries to gun his moped though it (it's only a few inches of water, though fast-flowing) and is promptly pushed over the edge into the raging torrent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007

Pistol_Pete posted:

Reminds me of that grim clip where a river's overflowing a bridge in India. A dude tries to gun his moped though it (it's only a few inches of water, though fast-flowing) and is promptly pushed over the edge into the raging torrent.

FEMA tells us that a car can be swept away with as little as 6 inches of water. I imagine its lower for a 2 wheeled vehicle