Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I wish I didn't spend a long time just now wondering why nobody was mentioning the second MP who was needed for 1 to become 3 :negative:

E: I also wish I didn't get such a bad snipe. 13 is a number which is superstitiously held by some to be 'unlucky' although how a number can have the property of luck eludes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

That's still a bad result for Labour. If a new election polarises between leave and remain like 2017 squeezed all the third parties then Labour will have a bad time of it.

At this point though there's nothing they can do other than continue to oppose no deal brexit and wait for conference or the election.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Ms Adequate posted:

E: I also wish I didn't get such a bad snipe. 13 is a number which is superstitiously held by some to be 'unlucky' although how a number can have the property of luck eludes me.

I once got 13 Jaffa cakes in a pack. These days you'd be lucky to get 9.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

namesake posted:

That's still a bad result for Labour. If a new election polarises between leave and remain like 2017 squeezed all the third parties then Labour will have a bad time of it.

At this point though there's nothing they can do other than continue to oppose no deal brexit and wait for conference or the election.

Most labour voters will have held their noses and voted yellow tory.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

namesake posted:

There won't be an election until Boris has either taken us off a cliff or backed down. I can't see the leave/remain polarisation lasting longer than Brexit does.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's been a safeish lib dem seat for a long time, they only lost it in 2015 iirc.

The Boris effect failed to get the 3500 Brexit+UKIP voters on board to win it for the Tories.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Gort posted:

There won't be an election until Boris has either taken us off a cliff or backed down. I can't see the leave/remain polarisation lasting longer than Brexit does.

Brexit is a process that is guaranteed to take generations to unravel, regardless of the type of deal/no deal we have. It’ll be the sectarianism of the next 40-odd years.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Not the first thing I thought I'd be thinking about this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsQeBA-ITa8

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Ms Adequate posted:

I don't know about luck, but 13 has the problem of being one more than the spectacularly useful 12, which can be split nicely into 2×6 and 3×4 and is the smallest abundant number*. 13 in contrast is prime, with no factors other than itself and 1. So if, say, 12 people show up to an event and you need to split them into teams for some reason, it's easy. With 13, it's awkward and, perhaps, unlucky.

Saying that, 7 is prime and also considered lucky (and is one more than the smallest perfect number 6**), so :shrug:. 13 is also sort of nice on a hex grid because you can make a little star pattern.

*That is, the smallest number whose factors (other than itself) add up to more than itself: 1+2+3+4+6 = 16 > 12.

** Smallest number whose factors (other than itself) added up equal itself: 1+2+3 = 6.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Pesmerga posted:

Brexit is a process that is guaranteed to take generations to unravel, regardless of the type of deal/no deal we have. It’ll be the sectarianism of the next 40-odd years.

Its absolutely going to be a sticking point for decades but a lot of fire will go out of it after it actually happens - since it will be a process then Labour can actually gain ground by saying "Yes that has happened but we've got to go on from this moment in time and here's our plan to do that."

Labour's indecision is damaging now but hopefully is laying the ground to say to both sides that they weren't absolutely opposed to what you want.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I don't Facebook myself, but apparently Adeptus Shitpostium and The Meme Ravens are the groups to hit to see people melting the gently caress down over this.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Sanford posted:

I don't Facebook myself, but apparently Adeptus Shitpostium and The Meme Ravens are the groups to hit to see people melting the gently caress down over this.

I'd be melting down too....

How the gently caress is she drinking directly out of the teapot!?!

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

namesake posted:

Its absolutely going to be a sticking point for decades but a lot of fire will go out of it after it actually happens - since it will be a process then Labour can actually gain ground by saying "Yes that has happened but we've got to go on from this moment in time and here's our plan to do that."

Labour's indecision is damaging now but hopefully is laying the ground to say to both sides that they weren't absolutely opposed to what you want.

I hope you’re right, but there’s a distinct culture wars aspect to this too that so definitely being played up by the right and far-right, which the FBPE and liberal centrists fall into too (and the left, particularly Lexiters are by no means excluded from this). I think we’re going to see a fragmentation or politics, not only along left-right lines, but also globalist/internationalist-isolationist/Empire 2.0 lines (with all those inherent tensions), and Labour will have a hard time squaring the circle of the various competing and contradictory demands of the electorate. And that’s leaving aside the legal and economic issues that will remain unresolved.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

namesake posted:

I'd be melting down too....

How the gently caress is she drinking directly out of the teapot!?!

Natalie loves tea, sweetheart

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Solefald posted:

Oh yeah Ifoeget that some places don't have Chinese chippys.

Pretty much every chippy in Liverpool is always a Chinese chippy. You only get a few "proper" chippys and they always sell the best fish!
This one place in town does deep fried haggis and it is lush as gently caress

Where I live there's a Chinese right next to a chippy, owned by the same (Chinese) people. You have to order separately though.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
If anyone is ever in Dublin there's a chain of Chinese chippers called Charlie's that do a 4-in-1, i.e. chips curry rice and battered chicken balls. It's pretty good but overpriced now imo. Definitely powered some late night post-club sessions when I was a student

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

God can you imagine what life must be like in a tory/lib marginal? How do you breathe from all the loving tarquins around?

I used to live in one. Now I live in a safe Tory seat. Living in the Oxbridge commuter belt sucks OP :(

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Failed Imagineer posted:

If anyone is ever in Dublin there's a chain of Chinese chippers called Charlie's that do a 4-in-1, i.e. chips curry rice and battered chicken balls. It's pretty good but overpriced now imo. Definitely powered some late night post-club sessions when I was a student

we'll make sure its not destroyed when our tanks roll peacefully in

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Which is a little odd because I'm surprised deep fried rice isn't a thing.

Kind want to try deep fried rice and scraps tbh.

Arancini

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Failed Imagineer posted:

This is a hate crime.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Just catching up on the whole chips debate, if people want to settle this once and for all the owners of our local Chinese chippy have gone to China for six weeks and I have their keys and burglar alarm code. Six weeks is long enough for a proper empirical study, right?

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

The best thing to do with chips is a spicebag tbh. They don't sell them in this godless wasteland country but my favourite Chinese place does deep fried squid with peppers and chili etc so I just get that and some chips and add some salt and it's a squid spicebag! Unfortunately their chips are loving dire.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

feedmegin posted:

Arancinifood of the Gods

Man I miss arancini from my time in Italy, little corner bakeries used to do them that were so good that even good Italian restaurants here can’t compare.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ratjaculation posted:

we'll make sure its not destroyed when our tanks roll peacefully in

O poo poo I forgot ye already had an appointment.

lemonadesweetheart posted:

This is a hate crime.

If you commit a hate crime while drunk does it even count?

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Failed Imagineer posted:

If you commit a hate crime while drunk does it even count?

:cryingEDLflag:

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

Sanford posted:

Just catching up on the whole chips debate, if people want to settle this once and for all the owners of our local Chinese chippy have gone to China for six weeks and I have their keys and burglar alarm code. Six weeks is long enough for a proper empirical study, right?

Yeah absolutely.

Also live stream your wacky adventures.

Pesmerga posted:

I hope you’re right, but there’s a distinct culture wars aspect to this too that so definitely being played up by the right and far-right, which the FBPE and liberal centrists fall into too (and the left, particularly Lexiters are by no means excluded from this). I think we’re going to see a fragmentation or politics, not only along left-right lines, but also globalist/internationalist-isolationist/Empire 2.0 lines (with all those inherent tensions), and Labour will have a hard time squaring the circle of the various competing and contradictory demands of the electorate. And that’s leaving aside the legal and economic issues that will remain unresolved.

That's a challenge every country in the world is facing and the national economy side will win, which is good for Labour because they've got the history and policy for it while the Lib Dems will just openly sell out the UK internationally and the Tories will be split about whether to sell out the UK internationally or nationally.

Then it's an argument about how racist the country is which isn't looking so good but hopefully soft racists get their mouths stuffed with free bus passes and we have a directed economy and soft to open borders.

namesake fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Aug 2, 2019

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Chips + curry sauce (on one side) + gravy (on the other) + peas in fritter form + maybe a pineapple fritter too if that's how you choose to live your life.

Also frickles if available.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
So I was watching this youtube about debate and category errors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmxIK9p0SNM

and I realized the one, holy, catholic and apostolic guide to categorizing crisps so that we don't tread on each others toes, without allowing the disgrace of the crisp world cup to mar our fair thread:

Sanford posted:

:discourse:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
can’t wait for jane dodd to back johnson in a vonc because otherwise she might pay 2% more tax on income above one million

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Guavanaut posted:

and I realized the one, holy, catholic and apostolic guide to categorizing crisps so that we don't tread on each others toes, without allowing the disgrace of the crisp world cup to mar our fair thread:

I absolutely love these kinds of charts. The radical options always make me laugh :D

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

namesake posted:

Yeah absolutely.

Also live stream your wacky adventures.

A goon stole $300 of meat while on a meth binge wearing a GoPro and refused to post the footage

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

A goon stole $300 of meat while on a meth binge wearing a GoPro and refused to post the footage

I hope you mean "a now permabanned goon"

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Man, what the gently caress, I just spent a week in Dublin and I'm home now, this is valuable intel.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Tsaedje posted:

It's been a safeish lib dem seat for a long time, they only lost it in 2015 iirc.

The Boris effect failed to get the 3500 Brexit+UKIP voters on board to win it for the Tories.

What's amusing is that yet again the existence of the Brexit party resulted in a split vote when there could have been another MP for the No Deal side.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PFTompkins/status/1157112089468702724

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Nice. Possible change - take Form Radical from food to crunchy food, and salmon en croute to Maltesers, which are the best crisps. Or maybe M&Ms.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
disgusting plates of wet regret is my improv tribute act to Johnson, Gove, and Farage the moment the referendum results came in.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

has boris commented on this yet he is our PM after all

https://twitter.com/GranadaReports/status/1157188634350641153?s=20

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lmao

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1157217275671396353?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Vlex posted:

Man, what the gently caress, I just spent a week in Dublin and I'm home now, this is valuable intel.

If you don't ask you don't get :shrug: