Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
The closest place to my office for lunch is an all vegan arancini takeout/cafe place, that there London eh?

Edit: The minimum age limit to drive a 50cc motorbike in Italy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is not even difficult for me. Cheesy chips are the ones I would save. I love them!
When I lived in Bristol there was an amazing little kebab shop on whiteladies road in Clifton and they did a chips and cheese for £2.20 and it was always divine. :D

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
they're some shameful cheesy chips in that picture

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i’m gonna go to wales for a few days what are some welsh delicacies that aren’t wet regret

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bump_fn posted:

i’m gonna go to wales for a few days what are some welsh delicacies that aren’t wet regret

That's the national Welsh sex position

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

cheesy chips crew every pea mush babybrain gets the wall

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

bump_fn posted:

Which bit of Wales?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

CGI Stardust posted:

Nice. Possible change - take Form Radical from food to crunchy food, and salmon en croute to Maltesers, which are the best crisps. Or maybe M&Ms.
Good call, Maltesers are good crisps. :yum:

Or go broader and say 'food that comes in a packet'. Jelly babies are the best crisps.

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

Guavanaut posted:

Or go broader and say 'food that comes in a packet'. Jelly babies are the best crisps.

Container radical. Bottled water is the best crisps.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Coohoolin posted:

Alright so we have a volunteer for editing. If someone has any hot tips on how to record a conference call, I'll be happy to see if I can set something up with the gear i have (zoom 4 and basic mixing desk), but if someone else has a better idea let us know!

Please clap.

I also second the “do a couple of unrecorded dry run chats” first just so we can all get used to each other’s voices. I could especially do with that if I’m going to be editing and hearing all of your voices forty times before punting out a finished product.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
Cheesy chips are far better done at home with some decent homefries style oven chips mixed in with plenty of strong cheddar imho

I often top with some chicken bisto for a knock off poutine, or sometimes a golden curry sauce mix if I'm feeling rich

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vlex posted:

Container radical. Bottled water is the best crisps.
Traditional pub flavour, container radical: The sea is the best crisps.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Guavanaut posted:

Little packs of mini chocolate digestives, can't forget those

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
If we're really serious about doing a UKMT I would recommend that we switch up who's leading the podcast each time so it's always someone different in charge of things. Couple of reasons:

1) it combines well with having a rotating bunch of people coming in and out to make a unique selling point
2) it's really important as leftists that we model non-hierarchical structures - if we want people to buy into anti-authoritarian politics then we need to show that it works in practice

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I miss Tudor Specials.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Vlex
Aug 4, 2006
I'd rather be a climbing ape than a big titty angel.

a self-own to reverberate through the generations

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Help pls, my son has no game. He is very horny

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I would guest star on a UKMT talkython.

Also I have just been reminded that I have a food opinion that is most certainly not UK!
I really cannot stand and will not eat cheddar cheese.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lmao a classic

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Government of country that voted in a referendum to leave a union objects to countries holding referenda to leave a union.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/01/claims-of-misogynistic-culture-at-offices-of-lynton-crosby-firm

quote:

Airbus confirmed they had employed the company to run lobbying campaigns in 2017 and 2018 after the company’s Super Puma helicopter was grounded over safety concerns following a number of fatal crashes while carrying workers to North Sea oil rigs. This involved producing an unbranded Facebook page and accompanying “news” website named Helicopter Newswire to spread positive news about the helicopter, at a time when trade unions were campaigning for tighter safety regulations. Airbus insisted their work was limited to official material and did not indulge in disinformation.

In another example of the company’s operations, CTF employees helped run a grassroots online campaign against the cycle superhighway along London’s embankment, despite this being one of Boris Johnson’s flagship policies as mayor of the capital.

Multiple sources said the campaigns – under the banners of Londoners for Transport and Unblock the Embankment – were being funded by property development business Canary Wharf Group, which believed the cycle superhighway was slowing drivers trying to reach its financial services offices in London’s Docklands.

At the same time, to provide an alternative solution, CTF staff also oversaw an apparently pro-cycling astroturfed campaign on Facebook named Square Mile Cycling. This urged politicians to divert cyclists displaced by ripping up the Embankment route through the City of London’s financial district. This would potentially slow down traffic in the Square Mile – the main rival of Canary Wharf Group.

lol

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

The Brecon by-election is fine for Labour, people were obviously voting tactically. gently caress the Lib Dems in general, but if I lived in Brecon I’d have voted for them. The opportunity to gently caress up the Tories’ tiny majority even further and hand Boris a loss just weeks into his premiership is too sweet.

Comrade Fakename fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Aug 2, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Women are better feared than loved" extremely normal friendship advice to your son.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Jose posted:

The gravy also looks grim as gently caress

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jose posted:

has boris commented on this yet he is our PM after all

https://twitter.com/GranadaReports/status/1157188634350641153?s=20

Chopper's got big truck nuts

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'd be in for the podcast too. I've got some podcast experience but haven't done it in a few years and miss it.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Jose posted:

I would in fact say the pictures contains no chips what so ever.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.
I have a lovely soft spoken Scottish voice I'm sure everyone is dying to hear!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
My desktop computer whines like a jet engine which I'm sure everyone is dying to hear!

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

VideoGames posted:

This is not even difficult for me. Cheesy chips are the ones I would save. I love them!
When I lived in Bristol there was an amazing little kebab shop on whiteladies road in Clifton and they did a chips and cheese for £2.20 and it was always divine. :D

Such a wrong position, Chips & Curry Sauce, assuming it's Chinese curry sauce is the only good proposition from that selection.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tritsch posted:

I have a lovely soft spoken Scottish voice I'm sure everyone is dying to hear!

Scots have the proven most pleasant accents to listen to.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

bump_fn posted:

Welshcakes are great! Also a good quality Welsh Rarebit is amazing, don't listen to anyone who says it's just cheese on toast. Extra points if it comes with ham and an egg on top.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Someone make a spreadsheet so we can track the volunteers and use that to work out a pool of hosts we can rotate through tia

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

VideoGames posted:

Yes, cheesy chips are the best.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Tarnop posted:

The gravy also looks grim as gently caress

It looks like a sauce espagnole or chasseur but without mushrooms :confused:
If it had mushrooms it'd be the clear winner of the four imho.

sauer kraut fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Aug 2, 2019

HauntedRobot
Jun 22, 2002

an excellent mod
a simple map to my heart
now give me tilt shift
Chips and curry sauce but only if you add shitloads of tomato sauce as well. Why yes, my chippy tea is basically a chunky soup

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

^^ :stonk:

Poutine is a delight from the gods and I will not hear of a world where it may not exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Someone make a spreadsheet so we can track the volunteers and use that to work out a pool of hosts we can rotate through tia

I can do this when I get home if no one's already done it by then :)