Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*adds extra column to wall.xls*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
I could podcast, I have free time and brisk opinions. No mic tho

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
i think it might be a bit difficult without a mic.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

thespaceinvader posted:

By definition then you cannot podcast.

You can do horny reply guy when we take it to twitter I guess?

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

my sexless son is denying me the opportunity to bond with him by talking about which of his female friends we both want to gently caress

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Aphex- posted:

Welshcakes are great! Also a good quality Welsh Rarebit is amazing, don't listen to anyone who says it's just cheese on toast. Extra points if it comes with ham and an egg on top.
I was going to say Welsh Rarebit, especially if it's done traditionally where the cheese is melted separately and ladled over the top. Anything else is just a grilled cheese fight me.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Someone make a spreadsheet so we can track the volunteers and use that to work out a pool of hosts we can rotate through tia
Someone make a spreadsheet of the chips wrongs itt

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

thespaceinvader posted:

I Have No Mic, and I Must Podcast: a 21st century horror story

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Lol i can probably find a mic but it will be a very poo poo mic.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I could I have like 3 twitters but I don't use any of them I hate twitter so much.

Kassad posted:

I Have No Mic, and I Must Podcast: a 21st century horror story

:vince:

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Guavanaut posted:

I was going to say Welsh Rarebit, especially if it's done traditionally where the cheese is melted separately and ladled over the top. Anything else is just a grilled cheese fight me.

Yeah it's absolutely more like a cheese sauce with spices and beer in rather than just melting slices of cheese on top, it rules.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Use a mixture of grated cheeses (strong cheddar for taste, something meltier for proper gooiness) mixed well with sweet chilli sauce and finely chopped jalapeños, and you will have yourself the cheesy chips of kings.

Brown and green slurries have their place, but they just can't compare.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

I could I have like 3 twitters but I don't use any of them I hate twitter so much.

I've spent most of this morning having some weird Australian dumbshit posting about how mad I am and spamming transphobic attack helicopter memes at me because I called him a bootlicker for insulting Greta Thunberg for being called "deeply disturbed"

burn the hell site

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

Time to get the Yeti out i feel.

Who wants to hear controversial opinions on crisp snacks?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

I've spent most of this morning having some weird Australian dumbshit posting about how mad I am and spamming transphobic attack helicopter memes at me because I called him a bootlicker for insulting Greta Thunberg for being called "deeply disturbed"

burn the hell site

Seriously after Fox News, the Heil, and the S*n, Twitter is the next most useful site whose servers could just spontaneously combust and nothing at all of value would be lost.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Look, I'm not saying I know poo poo about politics or highbrow stuff, but if you need someone to talk about butterfly populations in North East Derbyshire or the slow decline of the Scampi 'n' Lemon NikNak flavour profile over the last 20 years I can probably fill 10 minutes or so.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

If we're doing a podcast I demand a 2 minute segment on chocolate oranges. :colbert:

I'd be up for it if we need more people or if there's a topic within my vague area of knowledge, but I'm not sure what I'd add otherwise. We could do an all jew episode about labour antisemitism! :jewish:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Miftan posted:

If we're doing a podcast I demand a 2 minute segment on chocolate oranges. :colbert:

I’m going to go full Pravda on this segment FYI, Incorrect Thought will not be permitted on the UKMP

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

As a kid with a habit for not really reading things all the way I was convinced that dish was called Welsh Rabbit and I could never work out what was so special about the bunnies in the Principality.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Sanitary Naptime posted:

I’m going to go full Pravda on this segment FYI, Incorrect Thought will not be permitted on the UKMP

So much for the tolerant left!

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

AceClown posted:

Look, I'm not saying I know poo poo about politics or highbrow stuff, but if you need someone to talk about butterfly populations in North East Derbyshire or the slow decline of the Scampi 'n' Lemon NikNak flavour profile over the last 20 years I can probably fill 10 minutes or so.

Oh god, are we supposed to know about politics AND be highbrow?

Maybe I can't do this.

And miftan, I will absolutely eat a segment of chocolate orange for 2 minutes. Then another minute of me advising how good it was.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Miftan posted:

We could do an all jew episode about labour antisemitism! :jewish:

Legit good idea imo

Just keep your chocolate orange opinions to yourself :colbert:

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Text-to-speech program, go down the LP Bot route :v:

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Paul.Power posted:

Text-to-speech program, go down the LP Bot route :v:

UKJohnMaddenPod

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

some weird Australian dumbshit
I never hear about Australia in positive contexts. It's always distant boomer relatives or someone doing a terrorism or some chode trying to explain to me that "we never had slaves down here so it's not racist when I say [racist poo poo]" or getting mad about the name of a rock or some poo poo.

Then again maybe there's Australian leftists who only hear about the UK in the form of old men shouting about Trident.

forkboy84 posted:

As a kid with a habit for not really reading things all the way I was convinced that dish was called Welsh Rabbit and I could never work out what was so special about the bunnies in the Principality.
It was :eng101: but then it got either corrupted or deliberately differentiated from the animal/meat.

There's a lot of folk etymologies as to it being a good substitute for the poor prepared in the same way as a rabbit would be, and there's Scotch and English rarebits too but those have drifted into obscurity.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Chocolate oranges are great and I shouldn't have to hide that.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

mehall posted:

And miftan, I will absolutely eat a segment of chocolate orange for 2 minutes. Then another minute of me advising how good it was.

Rarity posted:

Legit good idea imo

Just keep your chocolate orange opinions to yourself :colbert:

Look, all I'm saying is that our audience deserves to hear both sides of the argument. It's a matter of free speech! :decorum:

(we must teach the controversy)

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I'm down for the UKMT Snackcast

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Miftan posted:

I'd be up for it if we need more people or if there's a topic within my vague area of knowledge, but I'm not sure what I'd add otherwise. We could do an all jew episode about labour antisemitism! :jewish:

You grew up in Israel, didn't you? I for one would have a lot of questions about your thoughts on anti-semitism and "anti-semitism".

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god make the pain stop

https://twitter.com/Kishan_Devani/status/1156656577383940096

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Bardeh posted:

i think it might be a bit difficult without a mic.

you can use a headphone as a mic true story

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
Also I had some apple crisps from sainsburys the other day and I felt happy and healthy

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could go outside and yell in the street which is an ancient and proletarian form of podcasting.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

mehall posted:

I like that bit in the middle you get at the end, my brain knows it's exactly the same chocolate as the segments but its the nicest bit.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

AceClown posted:

I like that bit in the middle you get at the end, my brain knows it's exactly the same chocolate as the segments but its the nicest bit.

There's definitely something in that. Like how twirls are nicer than solid dairy milk, even though it's probably the same chocolate.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

crispix posted:

You grew up in Israel, didn't you? I for one would have a lot of questions about your thoughts on anti-semitism and "anti-semitism".

I did, though I am not a definitive arbiter of antisemitism by any means. My view point is rare among both foreign and Israeli Jews, probably because so few of them are leftists!
In any case I'm happy to answer any questions you have here as well as on a podcast, especially Israel specific ones. I'm away for the weekend but if you post some stuff on Monday at some point I'll do an effortpost reply.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Guavanaut posted:

Then again maybe there's Australian leftists who only hear about the UK in the form of old men shouting about Trident.

YOu should check out some of the Chaser's (not the shite gameshow) videos on youTube, their show War on Everything was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvl8m0il2Oc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch6IN8i5Rv0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0b9EoGFfSE

here they are trying to get killed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfGkbekihyw

there stuff since is great too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w833cAs9EN0

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It's gross imo that job centre workers refer to us as customers

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

They're trying to distract us with memes and trying to get us to focus on their figures.

Respond by ignoring the few elite government ministers and focusing on the many people who stand to suffer from losing free trade with the EU and all the great cheeses it brings.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/Namorrodor/status/1157235706730876929

Friendship ended with Yorkshire, now Lancashire is my best friend.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

It's gross imo that job centre workers refer to us as customers

Really loving is. "Customer". loving nonsense. That's another New Labour legacy.

Guavanaut posted:

https://twitter.com/Namorrodor/status/1157235706730876929

Friendship ended with Yorkshire, now Lancashire is my best friend.

Jesus Christ, those absolute monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have never seen someone do that but the mutants in the vale might do anything tbqh.