Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Should be a giant hole in the West Country
Give it time.

e: There's 18 holes in a round of golf and a lot more in the West Country.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Aug 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

When my gran got ill with Alzheimers, she used to call us about mid day most days saying she felt shaky and anxious.

Eventually we worked out that she was getting up, making a cuppa, drinking it, washing up the cup, sitting down, thinking "What shall I do now? I know, I'll have a nice cup of tea." Because of the alzheimers and her habit of always cleaning up after herself, she had no idea she'd just finished a cup.

My dad checked the bin and found she was having about 10 cups before lunch. We stealth replaced her bags with decaf. A necessary evil.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
there's been a giant hole in the west country ever since I moved to London

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Milk first

Don't scald the milk

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

Give it time.

e: There's 18 holes in a round of golf and a lot more in the West Country.

Exeter is not the West Country :colbert:

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Milk first

Don't scald the milk

Only if your adding brewed tea. The taste of scalded milk is dwarfed by brewing in lukewarm liquid.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Rarity posted:

Exeter is not the West Country :colbert:
The last time we went down this rabbit hole it ended up that the only place that is actually the West Country is a small field outside of Tormarton with a man shouting at a cow.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Bobby Deluxe posted:

When my gran got ill with Alzheimers, she used to call us about mid day most days saying she felt shaky and anxious.

Eventually we worked out that she was getting up, making a cuppa, drinking it, washing up the cup, sitting down, thinking "What shall I do now? I know, I'll have a nice cup of tea." Because of the alzheimers and her habit of always cleaning up after herself, she had no idea she'd just finished a cup.

My dad checked the bin and found she was having about 10 cups before lunch. We stealth replaced her bags with decaf. A necessary evil.

the moral of the story is never clean up after yourself. i'm sure many goons are well ahead of me on this one

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo posted:

I like Barry's and hope we don't have a hard border in Ireland.

:hai:

I knew I followed adult Matilda for a reason, she is a fellow traveler:

https://twitter.com/MaraWilson/status/1157239306068660225?s=19

Also: I'm in the fancy lounge in Dublin Airport drinking quadruple Hennessys and eating scones. Might move on to a Bailey's in a minute. Life is good, boys.

I'm also getting loaded while idly checking work mails on my laptop, feels like praxis

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Guavanaut posted:

The last time we went down this rabbit hole it ended up that the only place that is actually the West Country is a small field outside of Tormarton with a man shouting at a cow.

And I was that cow :colbert:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
I don't drink tea.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Rumda posted:

Only if your adding brewed tea. The taste of scalded milk is dwarfed by brewing in lukewarm liquid.

Just use less milk

Boiling water plus a lil milk isn't luke warm

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

Also: I'm in the fancy lounge in Dublin Airport drinking quadruple Hennessys and eating scones. Might move on to a Bailey's in a minute. Life is good, boys.

I'm also getting loaded while idly checking work mails on my laptop, feels like praxis

God, I could do with a Baileys, might buy some after work.

I'm the only member of my team in, so I'm marathoning Community while clearing out all the easy, mindless tasks then loving off early. It's an alright Friday.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I would like to say I drink hot chocolate instead, but what I actually do is ask for a hot chocolate and suffer through the flavourless hot water that your standard cafe serves and calls "hot chocolate" because they know that they will never get enough customers who give a poo poo about hot chocolate to make it remotely worth their while to care about the quality of hot chocolate

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Angepain posted:

I would like to say I drink hot chocolate instead, but what I actually do is ask for a hot chocolate and suffer through the flavourless hot water that your standard cafe serves and calls "hot chocolate" because they know that they will never get enough customers who give a poo poo about hot chocolate to make it remotely worth their while to care about the quality of hot chocolate

Watch this kid make hot chocolate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOMCC9rIqe8&t=266s

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

I don't typically drink hot drinks.

I'll have a hot choc in the winter, especially if it's offered to me because someone else is putting the kettle on or nipping to Tim Hortons or whatever, but I'm normally a cold drink drinker.

Not made cold brew coffee in a few weeks though.

Think my next homebrew beer might be something I make with cold brew too.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Angepain posted:

In Belfast the coffee shop chain Bewleys used to do hot chocolates to die for.
It may has well been poured melted chocolate into a cup, it was that good.
And it had a marshmallow that when added made it gragghggggghgggg*homer drool*

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Aramoro posted:

wrongo

Milk -> Teabag -> Water -> Brew -> Remove bag.

Agreed on sugar though.

:chloe:

Who taught you to do it like this? I think it's one of those social experiments, like how that scientist taught his daughters the completely wrong words for things. Only, someone taught you completely the wrong way to make tea, presumably so they can have a little chuckle to themselves every time they picture you putting a teabag into cold milk.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Best hot chocolate I've ever had was at Max Brenner's in Sydney. It's a chocolate cafe, they literally have vats of melted chocolate and the hot chocolate is that plus some cream. Gorgeous.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

God, I could do with a Baileys, might buy some after work.

Update: I moved on to all the Bailey's.

happyhippy posted:

In Belfast the coffee shop chain Bewleys used to do hot chocolates to die for.
It may has well been poured melted chocolate into a cup, it was that good.
And it had a marshmallow that when added made it gragghggggghgggg*homer drool*

If you're ever in Cork, O'Connaills praline hot chocolate is game changing. Makes the Bewleys hot chocolate seem like bin-juice

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011

Aramoro posted:

wrongo

Milk -> Teabag -> Water -> Brew -> Remove bag.

Wait what?

Purely mechanically, how are you doing this? Do you put the milk and the teabag inside the kettle?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Bardeh posted:

Who taught you to do it like this? I think it's one of those social experiments, like how that scientist taught his daughters the completely wrong words for things. Only, someone taught you completely the wrong way to make tea, presumably so they can have a little chuckle to themselves every time they picture you putting a teabag into cold milk.

"We have purposely trained him wrong, as a joke"

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ffs you put two teabags and two sugar cubes into a sports direct nug, walk to the kitchen area, put the milk in while the kettle is boiling, pour the hot water in, walk back to your desk making sure nobody can see into the mug cos it just looks like milky water at this point, wait 5-10 minutes for it to metamorphose into tea and then you fish the bags out with either a knife or the end of your pen.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

I generally just make and drink cold brewed coffee

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

Update: I moved on to all the Bailey's.

If you're ever in Cork, O'Connaills praline hot chocolate is game changing. Makes the Bewleys hot chocolate seem like bin-juice

I live in Cork city.
And I have walked past that place loads of times but never been.
Will do so soon though, thanks!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

happyhippy posted:

I live in Cork city.
And I have walked past that place loads of times but never been.
Will do so soon though, thanks!

Do this in memory of me

*Altarboy bells tinkling in the background*

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
This thread turned into #cork chat so effortlessly.

‘Hon the lads. Bishopstown represent

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Gasmask posted:

As it's the afternoon now, let's talk about real drinks

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1157207546693922816

I'm disgusted with my Welsh countrymen that ours isn't one of the many delicious Welsh beers (though at least peroni is better than the other lagers represented)

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

mediadave posted:

Wait what?

Purely mechanically, how are you doing this? Do you put the milk and the teabag inside the kettle?

Why the gently caress would I do that? The Water is boiling when I put it in the cup, that's the only reason to use teabags, to make tea in a cup.

floofyscorp
Feb 12, 2007

Hentai Jihadist posted:

I generally just make and drink cold brewed coffee

I have a cold brew jug in the office fridge and one at home so I can stay caffeinated constantly but not ruin myself with sugar like I used to with tea. I like my coffee cold and black but my tea sweet and milky.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Bardeh posted:

Wildly wrong, I've lived in Scotland all my life and that's who I and my family have always made tea. My wife is from the the south of England and its how she and her family make tea. It's the best was across the nation.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Scientists did a study and found that teabag in milk + hot water makes a better tea than teabag in hot water + milk so anyone who disagrees with you might as well have voted for Boris considering they prefer their own dogma to facts.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Aidan_702 posted:

This thread turned into #cork chat so effortlessly.

‘Hon the lads. Bishopstown represent

Aho there. Blackpool here. Northside rulez!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

i am harry posted:

Scientists did a study and found that teabag in milk + hot water makes a better tea than teabag in hot water + milk so anyone who disagrees with you might as well have voted for Boris considering they prefer their own dogma to facts.

Well yeah obviously making tea the right way improves the tea

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

I guess I have to move to cork now. but all my stuff is here already

I love how every adult in the room looks completely sick and tired of this little kid's poo poo. just begging for him and his weird friend with the camera to just leave them the hell alone

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Bardeh posted:

like how that scientist taught his daughters the completely wrong words for things.

Do you have a link for this?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

If you aren't following ISO 3103 when preparing tea then just what are you doing?

I add the milk after adding the tea

e: 6 minutes is a stupidly long amount of time to brew

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Who the gently caress has milk in their tea?
Bougie cunts in this thread...

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Gasmask posted:

As it's the afternoon now, let's talk about real drinks

https://twitter.com/YouGov/status/1157207546693922816

I feel it's important to point out that no one in Australia drinks Fosters. Plus I didn't know anyone in the North West who drank it either, everyone drank Boddingtons or Stella Artois.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Necrothatcher posted:

Do you have a link for this?

I think this is the plot to the Paul Jennings story "No is Yes". or the movie Dogtooth.