Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aidan_702 posted:

This thread turned into #cork chat so effortlessly.

‘Hon the lads. Bishopstown represent

Yes we can ruin everything.

Uhhh... Rochestown represent (?) :negative:

E; Nash 19, a nice Cork eatery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

u brexit ukip it posted:

Just drink coffee

I mostly dislike coffee but if I had to have a cuppa I want espresso which is cool because espresso is a thing I will never ever make.

Tesseraction posted:

I'm drinking earl grey and you can't stop m,e

Same.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Helith posted:

I feel it's important to point out that no one in Australia drinks Fosters. Plus I didn't know anyone in the North West who drank it either, everyone drank Boddingtons or Stella Artois.

Fun Fact: Fosters isn’t even brewed in Australia, anywhere, ever.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Necrothatcher posted:

Do you have a link for this?

I've taught my daughter that her belly button is called a tumhole, this has been ongoing for about four and a half years now and I'm hoping it catches on in the wider world tbh

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Ffs you put two teabags and two sugar cubes into a sports direct nug, walk to the kitchen area, put the milk in while the kettle is boiling, pour the hot water in, walk back to your desk making sure nobody can see into the mug cos it just looks like milky water at this point, wait 5-10 minutes for it to metamorphose into tea and then you fish the bags out with either a knife or the end of your pen.
2bags1cup

Angepain posted:

I think this is the plot to the Paul Jennings story "No is Yes". or the movie Dogtooth.
It's a foreign film, of course they use the wrong words for things. :britain:

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

u brexit ukip it posted:

Just drink coffee

I don't drink coffee.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/OwenSmith_MP/status/1157187020097294336?s=19

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

happyhippy posted:

Aho there. Blackpool here. Northside rulez!

Story feens? (that's my little bit of norrie.)

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Get back to beating men off for your wife please Owen.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Love how passive aggressively attacking his own party is the objective here

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Failed Imagineer posted:

Yes we can ruin everything.

Uhhh... Rochestown represent (?) :negative:

E; Nash 19, a nice Cork eatery

Nash 19? Obviously you’ve never been to Jacobs on the mall *heavy posh chortling

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

today i discovered you can soak jelly babies in pimms

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Diet Crack posted:

Fun Fact: Fosters isn’t even brewed in Australia, anywhere, ever.

It was originally an Aussie lager though, it was made here for a long time, it fell out of favour in Australia and became popular abroad instead. You can buy it here, it's just that nobody does.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Necrothatcher posted:

Do you have a link for this?

I can't find it. :( I know I've read it somewhere, but whether that was in a work of fiction or an article or whatever, who knows?

I did find this though:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/nursery-worker-stunned-learn-boy-13304918

quote:

However, what they assumed was Portuguese actually turned out to be Klingon - the made-up language used by the Klingon race in Star Trek.

They explained: "I thought he was speaking Portuguese or something similar up until last week.

"One day I was curious what language the child was speaking so I looked up what Portuguese actually sounded like and realized it wasn't that.

"I looked up a lot of languages and for the life of me could not identify it."

The worker then claims to have asked bosses what the language was.

"They all suddenly got big smiles on their faces," they said.

"They explained to me in depth that the dad was a linguistics hobbyist who was trying to recreate an experiment where he raises his kid to speak a language from the TV show Star Trek.

"He explained how at home he only has spoken Klingon (which is apparently a real full language) to the kid and that's all he knows."

Bardeh fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Aug 2, 2019

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Guys what are your tricks for when you are literally trying to keep your eyes open in an office job

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Aidan_702 posted:

Guys what are your tricks for when you are literally trying to keep your eyes open in an office job

Coffee

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Aidan_702 posted:

tea or coffee

for guidance on that topic, please refer upthread

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Aidan_702 posted:

Somebody post that epic sounding with research chemicals post.

Other than that...work wank? Go outside for a 10min stroll in the fresh air!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Bardeh posted:

I can't find it. :( I know I've read it somewhere, but whether that was in a work of fiction or an article or whatever, who knows?

I did find this though:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-news/nursery-worker-stunned-learn-boy-13304918

quote:

However, what they assumed was Portuguese actually turned out to be Klingon - the made-up language used by the Klingon race in Star Trek.
Ah, as opposed to the made-up language used by the Lusitanics to piss off the Moors.

e: ^ Soviet nasal inhalers.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Failed Imagineer posted:

Other than that...work wank? Go outside for a 10min stroll in the fresh air!

Not at the same time!

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
Please don't wank at work

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Aidan_702 posted:

Put clothespegs on your nipples, and your dick and your scrotum. Try dozing off when in excruciating pain.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

Wait do you mean a tea urns like

Because that's the closest that I can think of to boiling the water with teabags in, except they don't boil, they just heat and keep temperature, and I've only ever seen them in industrial places and old school/church/county halls. Nobody's doing that at home.

When I was a kid we did actually have a tea urn that my dad "liberated" from his work when they sacked the tea lady and made everyone make their own. It got dragged out for family occasions when the poor old kettle and teapot just couldn't keep up. It could boil the water but crucially had a little cage at the top that the (gigantic) catering tea bag went into - it'd boil the water, then it would drop the bag in afterwards. It also kept the heat pretty well so we'd use it as a thermos for long car journeys and picnics.

The true hardcore way of doing it (still practiced at some cafes) is to leave two or three bags in basically all day, watering down the bunker oil-like substance that comes out as required.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lines of the purest cocaine, OP

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Other than that...work wank?

Thought the objective was to be less sleepy

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Guavanaut posted:

Ah, as opposed to the made-up language used by the Lusitanics to piss off the Moors.

Hey! :mad:

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Speed is probably cheaper though and less bougie.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
aren't all languages made up, really

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Aidan_702 posted:

Coffee then work wank to kill time until the caffiene kicks in. Treat yourself by popping into the disabled or "luxury" toilet.

Nice to have my area of expertise come up in the thread for once.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Anyway comrades, have you considered a samovar for all your tea needs?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

goddamnedtwisto posted:

When I was a kid we did actually have a tea urn that my dad "liberated" from his work when they sacked the tea lady and made everyone make their own. It got dragged out for family occasions when the poor old kettle and teapot just couldn't keep up. It could boil the water but crucially had a little cage at the top that the (gigantic) catering tea bag went into - it'd boil the water, then it would drop the bag in afterwards. It also kept the heat pretty well so we'd use it as a thermos for long car journeys and picnics.

The true hardcore way of doing it (still practiced at some cafes) is to leave two or three bags in basically all day, watering down the bunker oil-like substance that comes out as required.
I knew I should have corrected that to "Nobody's doing that at home except of course one goon."

That's second one's the way I was thinking of, big thermos like urn with a heating element at the bottom and a thermostat that keeps it at 80-85C, and you just chuck a handful of teabags in and keep topping it up.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

Thank you all for recommending I wank at work. I have a coffee now so I guess I’m just gearing up

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Aidan_702 posted:

if you're like me and have a fair amount of downtime in your job, find something to learn. I'm learning Python at the moment and it's a bitch but it keeps me occupied.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Sorry, I should have said the made-up language used by the Lusitanics to piss off the Moors and then kept ever so slightly too different to Spanish to piss off the Castilians.

All languages are made-up, there's only the scopes of 'by whom' and 'for what purpose'.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

Aidan_702 posted:

poo poo posting on here or on discord.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Diet Crack posted:

lines of the purest cocaine, OP

Now do you pour the milk in first, or the cocaine followed by the milk?

mehall posted:

This is why I am here to be honest.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I'm disgusted with my Welsh countrymen that ours isn't one of the many delicious Welsh beers (though at least peroni is better than the other lagers represented)

As always with these "More likely than the average" maps, it's worth pointing out that they're incredibly misleading (i.e.- complete bollocks).

The most popular beer in Wales is the same as that in the rest of the UK- Carling, followed by Fosters. What the map is actually saying is that the area where Wales diverges the most from the rest of the dataset is in its Peroni consumption, which is higher than average. Peroni might be the fifth, tenth or twentieth most popular by actual level of consumption, but compared to the rest of the country, Wales has it ranked unusually higher.

Also, any brewery that isn't a massive company is just not going to be included in the data set.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee

Aidan_702 posted:

swallow saliva

edit: preferably your own

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gum posted:

Please don't wank at work

Spoken like someone who's never worked (wanked) from home.

Gasmask posted:

swallow saliva

What.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

mehall posted:

There’s a discord??