Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

tylersayten posted:

I meant in the context of the Trump Presidency. The overwhelming majority of mainstream liberals and pundits will still tell you Bush II and Cheney were moderates. gently caress, most liberals today still insist republicans are moderates except for the Trump Administration.

This is a weird conspiracy theory. Thanks for posting it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
MORE INDISPUTABLE PROOF I AM BAD AT POSTING
---------------->
Stab in the dark here...
has anybody seen any info re: revcom or veterans for peace wrt gru activity?

Just curious.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Uglycat posted:

Stab in the dark here...
has anybody seen any info re: revcom or veterans for peace wrt gru activity?

Just curious.

in what sense? are you asking if an org that's existed since 1985 has been infiltrated by gru agents?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Condiv posted:

in what sense? are you asking if an org that's existed since 1985 has been infiltrated by gru agents?

If there's been any public information regarding it, yeah.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Uglycat posted:

If there's been any public information regarding it, yeah.

i haven't seen anything about it, but apparently the FBI was spying and infiltrating it

why would you think a group advocating for peace would be under the thumb of gru?

Uglycat
Dec 4, 2000
---------------->

Condiv posted:

i haven't seen anything about it, but apparently the FBI was spying and infiltrating it

why would you think a group advocating for peace would be under the thumb of gru?

Not under the thumb.

Revcom has always obviously been a cult, but when (I call it) Nazi Siri started trying to convince everybody that antifa was going to start a civil war, Revcom did what they could to make it look like that. They're always at the event with a bullhorn, droning over the real conversations. I attended the march from Times Square on Nov 4th, 2017. Outside the deploraball, one of their guys handed me a good sized magnet, then told me it makes for a great projectile. It feels very 'agents provocateur', but I don't have any intelligence on them.

I've known more'n a few Veterans for Peace folk, and they're good people, but the ones I know fell hard for the 'hillary killed seth rich' narrative and some fell into Qanon.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I think a challenge against the entire Russian investigation for a while was "It was just like Q-Anon"

Okay, lets go with that.

Maybe you have heard about Jeffrey Epstein? He is a very wealthy man, with many political connections, who has been indicted for sexual abuse of minors. I suspect that other people in his circle were either knowledgeable about his crimes, or were actively participating in them. Or, at the very least, a lot of people were looking the other way.

But! Hey, maybe by saying Jeffrey Epstein was a pedophile makes me an uncritical thinker who is being brainwashed by Q-Anon.

Let us try some of the "Russiagate Alarmism" arguments to prove why Epstein was not a big deal.

1. He wasn't actually drinking adrenochrome out of children's still beating hearts! There is not a dungeon in the middle of a pizza restaurant in Washington, DC! Since these conspiracy theories that people I am debating in my head aren't true, therefore Epstein didn't do anything.

2. Abuse is systemic and goes on all the time. By focusing on the spectacular case of Jeffrey Epstein, we are just ignoring how deeply ingrained abuse is in our culture.

3. Epstein was investigated and prosecuted by the FBI and the US Attorney's Office: the same people who are responsible for mass incarceration and historic civil rights violations. There were no WMD in Iraq, therefore Epstein is not a pedophile.

4. No one has ever proved that anyone in Epstein's orbit was involved. It is guilt by association to suggest that there was any type of conspiracy or coordination, or that anyone else knew what was going on.

These are basically the arguments being put out. Each one of those arguments is true, in its own right. But they ignore the context of what happened, which was that in a country where rich and connected people often avoid justice, Jeffrey Epstein got caught. This is an important point, and only by ignoring the context of what was going on with Epstein, and what his arrest and (hopefully successful) prosecution mean.

(And, before someone makes the stupidest possible take, which I know someone is getting ready to do, I am not comparing election interference to predatory pedophile, I am using this to compare what "The FBI is bad, therefore this person is innocence" sounds like in other contexts).

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I am not going to respond to Helsing's arguments, because they are dumb.

For two years, starting before the Comey firing, my position was

"This is an important news story, lets have a place to keep tabs on it, if only to protect it from Barbecue Derails"

Which Helsing and his fellow Grinders translated into "Donald Trump is a Manchurian Candidate, this Investigation Will End With Mueller Perp Walking Trump Out of the White House"

(If I was being fair, I would point out they never used those exact words, but after them twisting what I was saying for years, I see no reason to play nice with a bunch of disingenuous internet personas)

But because it is now clear that:

1. The Russian government interfered in the election to help Trump.
2. Trump and his campaign were aware of, and welcomed, this help.
3. Trump obstructed justice in order to conceal that fact.

The Grinders get more points. Because they get to argue with something that is obviously true, each argument they make earns them more experience points. Getting to defend Trump is a windfall to them, because it gives them a chance to level up their Online Leftist Personas. They get to be in the position of tut-tutting all of us poor ignorant fools for not understanding that Trump is just a symptom of a larger systemic problem. The more egregious Trump's behavior, the more impressive it is when they get to point out that To Smart Serious Adult People, This Really Isn't a Big Deal Because Reasons. And Trump has given them a way to do that that they could never do under JEB! It is like the Peninsula of Power in Final Fantasy: they have been given an opportunity to Grind against high level opponents and level up early!

So what has to happen from here, for Helsing and his fellow Grinders, is finding a new place to RP. We get it, Nothing Matters, we were all Dumb. In proving that the largest investigation against a sitting president in 40 years is Not A Big Deal, they have gained many many levels. But now, hanging around here is not going to give them more levels. They need to move on.

My challenge to you, Helsing, is that you need to open your own thread to advance your Online Leftist Internet Persona. Something more challenging than this. You did a good job here, but you need to move on. I suggest a thread called.

"Pol Pot: The Hidden Genius of the 20th Century"

You have already proven that you are a Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President from Mueller, but are you a Bad Enough Dude to prove to us that Pol Pot was the true visionary of the 20th Century, perhaps even surpassing Josef Stalin?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
Oh, they actually made Helsing a moderator?

Dude, you won this game. I resign. Ban me from the RP.

(BTW, if anyone ever wants to talk Out of Character, my e-Mail is mnharris@gmail.com )

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-sdL4cWI2E

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Definitely want to chat up the narcissistic and dissociated nutcase who talks about politics like an MMO and doesn't even have the courage to autoban.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

glowing-fish posted:

"This is an important news story, lets have a place to keep tabs on it, if only to protect it from Barbecue Derails"

Which Helsing and his fellow Grinders translated into "Donald Trump is a Manchurian Candidate, this Investigation Will End With Mueller Perp Walking Trump Out of the White House"

(If I was being fair, I would point out they never used those exact words, but after them twisting what I was saying for years, I see no reason to play nice with a bunch of disingenuous internet personas)

The Grinders get more points. Because they get to argue with something that is obviously true, each argument they make earns them more experience points. Getting to defend Trump is a windfall to them, because it gives them a chance to level up their Online Leftist Personas. They get to be in the position of tut-tutting all of us poor ignorant fools for not understanding that Trump is just a symptom of a larger systemic problem. The more egregious Trump's behavior, the more impressive it is when they get to point out that To Smart Serious Adult People, This Really Isn't a Big Deal Because Reasons. And Trump has given them a way to do that that they could never do under JEB! It is like the Peninsula of Power in Final Fantasy: they have been given an opportunity to Grind against high level opponents and level up early!

So what has to happen from here, for Helsing and his fellow Grinders, is finding a new place to RP. We get it, Nothing Matters, we were all Dumb. In proving that the largest investigation against a sitting president in 40 years is Not A Big Deal, they have gained many many levels. But now, hanging around here is not going to give them more levels. They need to move on.

My challenge to you, Helsing, is that you need to open your own thread to advance your Online Leftist Internet Persona. Something more challenging than this. You did a good job here, but you need to move on. I suggest a thread called.

You have already proven that you are a Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President from Mueller, but are you a Bad Enough Dude to prove to us that Pol Pot was the true visionary of the 20th Century, perhaps even surpassing Josef Stalin?

because of mueller's FBI cutting that plea deal with epstein, trump is now immune from prosecution for the actual crimes there is legit reason to believe he committed. so what in gods name are you talking about

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

the house. the senate. the base. he needed to lose two for anything to come of this.

1.did he lose the senate, and did he lose his base.
2. did anything come of it.

or would you prefer to whine about how people who told you you were full of poo poo probably liked the khmer rouge.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

the house. the senate. the base. he needed to lose two for anything to come of this.

1.did he lose the senate, and did he lose his base.
2. did anything come of it.

or would you prefer to whine about how people who told you you were full of poo poo probably liked the khmer rouge.

https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/1140626314585657344

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1157485163347140609?s=20

here's some conspiracy fodder for the thread

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

I mentioned this when it came up in the primary thread, but while this points to "bot-like activity", it doesn't actually say anything about who was running the bots. All it does is list which tweets got boosted - and every single one of them took off after being tweeted or retweeted by a black pro-Trump conservative celebrity figure who had close ties to the GOP. Russians aren't the only ones who know how to use bots to pump up tweets.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Yeah even some elected representatives straight up have/use botnets now. I've read about atleast two GOP house members using them.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
This is probably the best place for Epstein Brain. Pizzagate was not true, but it was real.

https://twitter.com/ColdCasePat/status/1159480997852983296

https://twitter.com/ColdCasePat/status/1159481022406365185

that account is some qanon poo poo, and you're not seriously telling me trump isn't also a kid fiddler considering his epstein ties, but mark epstein is definitely a relation who is definitely running a nonprofit which is definitely chaired by a who's-who of the DNC.

If this all actually gets investigated it's going to be a UK style slow reveal that the entire political class are pedophiles covering for each other.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Willie Tomg posted:

This is probably the best place for Epstein Brain. Pizzagate was not true, but it was real.

https://twitter.com/ColdCasePat/status/1159480997852983296

https://twitter.com/ColdCasePat/status/1159481022406365185

that account is some qanon poo poo, and you're not seriously telling me trump isn't also a kid fiddler considering his epstein ties, but mark epstein is definitely a relation who is definitely running a nonprofit which is definitely chaired by a who's-who of the DNC.

If this all actually gets investigated it's going to be a UK style slow reveal that the entire political class are pedophiles covering for each other.

What am I supposed to get out of this? It’s just straight up guilt by association conspiracy nonsense.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

gh0stpinballa posted:

because of mueller's FBI cutting that plea deal with epstein, trump is now immune from prosecution for the actual crimes there is legit reason to believe he committed. so what in gods name are you talking about

it's extremely questionable whether that immunity clause applies outside of whichever-office-handled-the-Florida-case, and in fact that's quite plot relevant for

you know

why Epstein is currently right now in jail

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

What am I supposed to get out of this? It’s just straight up guilt by association conspiracy nonsense.

that a serial pedophile, who was known to be a serial pedophile, was celebrated across the highest strata of American power, because taking a moral stance would be inconvenient

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

P sure it's not "guilt by association" if you know the guy is a predator and suck up to him anyway. That's just you elevating a predator.

"Guilt by association" is when you condemn someone based on some irrelevant link like "well you were his roommate in college" or "well you're his brother so you must be bad too" or "you were his friend so even though no one knew you must have known." It's not when you condemn someone for things they actually knew and did like fêteing the owner of the Lolita Express.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

P sure it's not "guilt by association" if you know the guy is a predator and suck up to him anyway. That's just you elevating a predator.

"Guilt by association" is when you condemn someone based on some irrelevant link like "well you were his roommate in college" or "well you're his brother so you must be bad too" or "you were his friend so even though no one knew you must have known." It's not when you condemn someone for things they actually knew and did like fêteing the owner of the Lolita Express.

uh

that twitter thread is condemning people for working with Jeffrey Epstein's brother Mark, who at last look is not actually a child rapist or accused of being one.

It is by even your own definitions guilt by association.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

an investigation into trump and epstein clearing trump of sex crimes but making bill clinton perp walk for kid loving would be the quintessence of DemocratTM energy

VitalSigns posted:

To be clear: Mark Epstein's association is that he owns one of the penthouses where his brother received incoming slaves while chairing a shockingly geographically vague childrens' services NGO of no particular specialization beyond operating in remote areas, which was named after a Lewis Carroll reference. Mark Epstein also owns a lot of property some of which I might assume are entirely free of sexual servitude. None of this proves anything. There's a lot of proximity, but there's no basis for a solid conclusion and its true we should restrain ourselves from overstating the case. Stop me if you've heard this one before.

quote:

But now. Right now. With depositions coming out today showing that Eyes Wide Shut: Lolita Edition has reached the highest echelons of power around the world for DECADES.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyGuterman/status/1159898512366166016

ONLY NOW. Do the very same amateur Serious Russia Investigators reassert (rightly!) the burden of proof. I guess actual IRL child slavery just isn't as romantic and exciting as sugarplum dreams of kompromat and the Most Electable Candidate Ever being cheated out of her legacy by the perfidious Slavic Conspired Active Measure that really wasn't.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

uh

that twitter thread is condemning people for working with Jeffrey Epstein's brother Mark, who at last look is not actually a child rapist or accused of being one.

Ah ok I missed that post and thought we were talking about people associating with Jeffrey Epstein, that makes more sense.

E:

Willie Tomg posted:

To be clear: Mark Epstein's association is that he owns one of the penthouses where his brother received incoming slaves

Oh wait nvm letting your brother use your property for human trafficking is not 'guilt by association' it's straight up guilt

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

uh

Don’t forget the ironclad connection of [checks notes] having an address in Adam Schiff’s district.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

VitalSigns posted:

Ah ok I missed that post and thought we were talking about people associating with Jeffrey Epstein, that makes more sense.

E:

Oh wait nvm letting your brother use your property for human trafficking is not 'guilt by association' it's straight up guilt

The Qanon twitter thread in question then decides that a pediatrician is a pedophile because she runs a charity in Los Angeles that uses the word "Liddle" which means that it's a front because Adam Schiff represents LA and Donald Trump nicknamed Schiff "Liddle", ergo because Schiff is on the congressional advisory board for Mark Epstein's NGO this means clearly that the pediatrician is killing and raping children.

So if you live in Los Angeles, you probably are a kiddie raper according to this logic of the master investigators.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

The Qanon twitter thread in question then decides that a pediatrician is a pedophile because she runs a charity in Los Angeles that uses the word "Liddle" which means that it's a front because Adam Schiff represents LA and Donald Trump nicknamed Schiff "Liddle", ergo because Schiff is on the congressional advisory board for Mark Epstein's NGO this means clearly that the pediatrician is killing and raping children.

So if you live in Los Angeles, you probably are a kiddie raper according to this logic of the master investigators.

this does not appear to address the whole "his brother was using his property to traffic sex slaves" bit

please explain

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
now now, perhaps Mark is uniquely incurious as to what his brother's up to and there could be any possible number of explanations for two brothers who can pick and choose anywhere in NYC to house slaves for one of them to settle on literally 66th street hahahaha im fuckin' dying here.

Willie Tomg fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Aug 10, 2019

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Oh man and Kushner's big swingin' investment is 666 fifth ave. THE PIECES ALL FIT; ITS JUST SATAN ALL THE WAY DOWN

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

this does not appear to address the whole "his brother was using his property to traffic sex slaves" bit

please explain

what, there's a 200 unit apartment building that Mark's real estate company owns. Jeffrey leased a poo poo ton of units in that building that mixed legit usage with underaged sex trafficking claiming it was for modeling.

Mark hasn't shown up in any of the documents yet as someone who was participating or in the know.

also, since I finally got a better look at the NGO

Mark Epstein is one of 9 directors on the NGO and is not a founder, nor is he the NGO chair. Attempting to demonize anyone because they worked with this company is ridiculous.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Ogmius815 posted:

A sense of shame over how now that the Russiagate hobby horse has completely fallen through in the precise ways that skeptics have been hollering about for years you have entirely palate-swapped your discourse to Reasoned Skepticism about a slave trade that pretty much everyone at every level was aware of and abided, even though a lot of them are Democrats, and even though unlike the Mueller probe this looks like its seriously going places.

I know I won't get you into any garment rending repentance but a reasonable observer can look at you and say "hrm, this guy appears to be full of poo poo" and that contents me because D&D has never really been about the participants.

Here's a graphic description of matt groening's feet as garnered by a sex slave, i hope it burns your eyes out :waycool:

what, there's a 200 unit apartment building that Mark's real estate company owns. Jeffrey leased a poo poo ton of units in that building that mixed legit usage with underaged sex trafficking claiming it was for modeling.

yeah man sometimes random poo poo "just happens" between brothers as they say btw you should read these depositions because "modeling" and "massage" was code for loving and literally everyone from the epsteins to ehud barak to the creator of the simpsons knew it and if you're looking for receipts then here, here is literally receipts when orders are accepted by phone.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Mark hasn't shown up in any of the documents yet as someone who was participating or in the know.

also, since I finally got a better look at the NGO

Mark Epstein is one of 9 directors on the NGO and is not a founder, nor is he the NGO chair. Attempting to demonize anyone because they worked with this company is ridiculous.

Yes but how can I use this to score points in a slap fight over a primary that ended three years ago?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ogmius815 posted:

Yes but how can I use this to score points in a slap fight over a primary that ended three years ago?

what does what he alleged have to do with the primary? he seems to be claiming that dem leadership was complicit in this poo poo, which doesn't really have anything to do with hillary vs bernie

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Condiv posted:

what does what he alleged have to do with the primary? he seems to be claiming that dem leadership was complicit in this poo poo, which doesn't really have anything to do with hillary vs bernie

the intimation appears to be that because the Epstein stuff has implicated a Clinton, the entirety of the investigation is now Bernie Bro, and as such must be summarily dismissed

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005

Condiv posted:

Well,

Willie Tomg posted:

ONLY NOW. Do the very same amateur Serious Russia Investigators reassert (rightly!) the burden of proof. I guess actual IRL child slavery just isn't as romantic and exciting as sugarplum dreams of kompromat and the Most Electable Candidate Ever being cheated out of her legacy by the perfidious Slavic Conspired Active Measure that really wasn't.

So I guess if I can follow the deranged line of thought here it goes:

Pizza-gate is “real”->the Russian interference story was a hoax->Bernie would have won.

Ogmius815 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Aug 10, 2019

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ogmius815 posted:

Pizza-gate is “real”->the Russian interference story was a hoax->Bernie would have won.

Project harder. No one mentioned Bernie until you did.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Ogmius815 posted:

he didn't say anything about bernie would've won. he claimed russiagate was an excuse for the massive dem failure of 2016 (which is talking about the general, not the primary)

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

also, is "jeffrey epstein scandal == pizzagate" an actual thing to you ogmius? do you think the women coming forward claiming they were sex slaves are lying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Ogmius815 posted:

Well,

Did you get tired of getting poo poo on in the primary thread so you decided to try it here or what