Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost

Burt Sexual posted:

Lol ur sheet

You have it out for me, Burt. But I DO IT FOR YOU

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
I lurk. Lurk and lurk and lurk. But then I post.

Posting, is like a dream. But I lurk and lur.... but post?

where am i

what is
who is ..

ohmygoodness. i posted again

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

blight rhino posted:

I’ve tried Kegel exercises but they don’t work for me.

... Get 'em Burt.

Posting veteran volunteers?

No_talent
Jul 30, 2009

Who has the lowest post count and oldest account.

Which one of you is the best lurker of them all?

I thought 637 posts over 10 years was reallly low. But I guess not.

Death Hamster
Aug 21, 2007
Is this a two-bagger I see before me?
I collect spores, molds, and fungi.

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna
i haven’t posted in years

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Some dude I quoted had 0.00 posts

Slider
Jun 6, 2004

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Franko posted:

Moderation were crazy back in the day, the only winning move was not to post.

yea I lurked for like half a decade before really attempting to spill my thoughts all over

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Don't be mad guys, but I lurked this thread for a few days now. I had to confess.

Jimmis
Sep 16, 2017

holy sshiot piss
i don't post because i'm afraid i'll never get probed

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit
I trust Mike Render.

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.
I am posting in the thread right here on the internet

Ramaroot
Aug 24, 2008

I AM THE FIRE

Jimmis posted:

i don't post because i'm afraid i'll never get probed

Hope you don't live in Georgia, Jimmis. :ohdear:

dk2m
May 6, 2009

dc3k posted:

I am posting in the thread right here on the internet

hello dc3k i’m dk2m and i think we now have to battle or something

Chuds McGreedy
Aug 26, 2007

Jumanji

Chunderstorm posted:

i haven’t posted in years

I heard this in John Candy’s echoing voice when he said he hasn’t been home in years. :(

Shaman Linavi
Apr 3, 2012

I just don't posting much

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

I hang out on the ircs and now discords, but don't post much. I started posting more in the Bung Pie Pit and the MMA sub forum because for a while those forums had some of the funniest posters. Now they're dead just like my insides and colon. Especially my colon.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

kaom posted:

Put me in the camp of people who just have nothing interesting to say. For a little while I did post, albeit about nerdy things, so maybe I don’t even count here.

Thank you for this interesting post! (Non-ironically.)

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Slider posted:

when will my dick stop working

Only when you don't post regularly... look how good mine is working!

BigBadSteve fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Aug 4, 2019

js357
Feb 2, 2014

I don't want to post tho.

Whimsy
Jan 8, 2001
I went out and played Catan tonight with my friends. Then I told the Internet about it.

Sup Internet Friends!

dc3k
Feb 18, 2003

what.

dk2m posted:

hello dc3k i’m dk2m and i think we now have to battle or something

direct current 3000 vs donkey kong 2000000

gently caress.

i think i lose?????

Optimal_nzl
Nov 5, 2012
No.

menpoop
Jul 29, 2004

Girls aren't the only ones who take dumps, you know...
Posting ITT

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

Hi, so here is a dumb post from a lurker about lurking.

I don’t think I am good at posting so therefore I don’t post, but I also know if I don’t post I never get better at posting, feels like a catch-22.

When I first came to SA I spent the first couple years mainly in Games, GBS has changed a lot since the early days where it seemed like a scary place. I also got told regularly in real life that I’m not very funny and everyone here seems really funny and chill.

Recently I’ve started reading more of the other subforums, but I always try to read entire threads from the beginning so I often end up thinking of something to say that I see get posted 100 different ways by people much funnier than I am.

Gotta say I like the new chill GBS, it’s been more fun lurking here the past couple of years than I think it ever used to be, still not sure about this posting thing yet though, still seems kinda weird and scary. Would like to post more but I already hate everything about this post I’ve written and am forcing myself to post it otherwise I’ll delete the whole thing and not post anything.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

AnarkiJ posted:

Hi, so here is a dumb post from a lurker about lurking.

I don’t think I am good at posting so therefore I don’t post, but I also know if I don’t post I never get better at posting, feels like a catch-22.

When I first came to SA I spent the first couple years mainly in Games, GBS has changed a lot since the early days where it seemed like a scary place. I also got told regularly in real life that I’m not very funny and everyone here seems really funny and chill.

Recently I’ve started reading more of the other subforums, but I always try to read entire threads from the beginning so I often end up thinking of something to say that I see get posted 100 different ways by people much funnier than I am.

Gotta say I like the new chill GBS, it’s been more fun lurking here the past couple of years than I think it ever used to be, still not sure about this posting thing yet though, still seems kinda weird and scary. Would like to post more but I already hate everything about this post I’ve written and am forcing myself to post it otherwise I’ll delete the whole thing and not post anything.

I’m glad you posted (really!). Don’t feel pressured to only post when you have some incredible / hilarious insight to contribute. Just participate in the conversation, and as long as you do it in good faith, that’s all you need. :glomp:

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

I appreciate the direct reply, it definitely helped take the edge off the nerves! I just worry that everything I write is self centered and selfish in some way, and don’t want to make everything about myself. I put way too much negative pressure on myself and don’t want to inflict that on the good people here! So yeah personal instability is not a great place to be posting from. I’m pushing myself to be honest about it and deal with it even if that means talking to strangers on the internet, but also don’t value myself enough to make an E/N thread asking people for help.

I’m glad this thread got made, I feel good about pushing myself to post here.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

AnarkiJ posted:

I appreciate the direct reply, it definitely helped take the edge off the nerves! I just worry that everything I write is self centered and selfish in some way, and don’t want to make everything about myself. I put way too much negative pressure on myself and don’t want to inflict that on the good people here! So yeah personal instability is not a great place to be posting from. I’m pushing myself to be honest about it and deal with it even if that means talking to strangers on the internet, but also don’t value myself enough to make an E/N thread asking people for help.

I’m glad this thread got made, I feel good about pushing myself to post here.

Really, if you do post in good faith and just participate, the worst thing that happens is that people scroll by whatever you posted and ignore it. :shrug: It’s totally fine. If it’s a topic that interests you, :justpost:, and it doesn’t really matter if you think somebody else has already covered similar ground. Talking to strangers on the internet is cool and good. :D

AnarkiJ
Sep 17, 2006

Oh Mister Murphy!
Mary Jane!

tpink posted:

Really, if you do post in good faith and just participate, the worst thing that happens is that people scroll by whatever you posted and ignore it. :shrug: It’s totally fine. If it’s a topic that interests you, :justpost:, and it doesn’t really matter if you think somebody else has already covered similar ground. Talking to strangers on the internet is cool and good. :D

Okay so, just really wanna say sincerely thank you, It really helps to have someone reply in a really thoughtful way to my anxiety posting. I will try to be less anxious in future posts!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Rumor has it that whoever posts the most anime in gbs gets a christmas card from Lowtax

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself
My posts per day or whatever that stupid metric is on your profile was in the 0.somethings last I checked.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

tpink posted:

Tbf, you can get poo poo on.
Believe me you gotta just ignore it! And honestly it's pretty rare. One piece of advice: if you want to start posting a little best plan is clicking on NEW threads, not everything has already been said.

Read it and if your take/tidbit/opinion hasn't been posted already then BOOM
:justpost:

Pickwick High
Aug 4, 2019

They call me Nutse
I've been lurking unregistered for a few days and this thread (and the Boris one) made me want to reg.
So on SA I've been lurking half an hour does that count?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Pickwick High posted:

I've been lurking unregistered for a few days and this thread (and the Boris one) made me want to reg.

Yes, you should be ashamed for that.

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pickwick High posted:

Hi welcome!!!!!!!

Weebus
Feb 26, 2017
im gay

(Am I doing this right? :ohdear:)

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.
i lurked before a bought an account, still mostly lurk. dont post too often, mostly in pyf if i do. i was on fark for a long time before coming here, back at the height of farkers v goons. and if you thought old gbs was clique-y, holy poo poo, it was nothing compared to "total farkers." i havent been on fark in years now, though.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Burt Sexual posted:

So I’ve gifted plat and probed myself itt, what do you bring to this table bugtard?

I still haven't seen this 'plat cert' you keep talking about on my table :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I still haven't seen this 'plat cert' you keep talking about on my table :colbert:

I haven’t gotten the cert!

E it hasn’t hit my card yet, let’s wait a few days, idk how the sweep works over weekends, etc.

Burt Sexual fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Aug 4, 2019