Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

justcola posted:

Speaking of, I have around 50 or so spiders living on my back wall and window, with most of it covered in webs and eggs. I've never seen spiders live so close to one another as thought they were quite territorial, but this group seem to work together and have caught hundreds of flies. I've watched them and they seem to respect each others space and not steal food or anything, it's quite strange really.

Spider communism.

When some spiders have enough food they don't care about proximity

https://i.imgur.com/DEK9JGx.gifv

Good bug weather it seems

It's getting to be blackberry season again too so get stuck in

*Edit* 2035 January 8 – Near-Earth object 2002 AY1 will make a close approach to Earth, but I'm sure if we put our minds to it we could get it on target

DesperateDan fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Aug 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

Good crowd chant of "Burn Boris Burn" going on at Leeds pride and I just heard one of the three homophobic protesters present say "I've had enough" and leave, a decision I attribute to the extremely loud float full of drag queens going by so good job Leeds

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Pilchenstein posted:

This reads like something you'd see your dad post on facebook a couple of weeks before "you might as well just be racist since you're going to get called a racist anyway".

I am not going to become a racist if that's what you're wondering. I just don't understand how anyone can live in a world where you have to decide what is real based on what you feel is right. I personally feel like empathy and tolerance is right but I would much rather support these feelings with facts as much as possible.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Yeah, it's really awful seeing all these white labour MPs targeting tories entirely on their race.

Oh wait, Clive Lewis is BAME.

Oh and so is Kerry-Anne Mendoza.

And Ash Sarkar.

Interesting piece of context that he skips over there.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Mix them into an apple crumble... then give it to me

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Yeah, it's really awful seeing all these white labour MPs targeting tories entirely on their race.

Oh wait, Clive Lewis is BAME.

Oh and so is Kerry-Anne Mendoza.

And Ash Sarkar.

Interesting piece of context that he skips over there.

Proof that BAME people are the REAL RACISTS

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

kingturnip posted:

Either that or the Channel 9 feed using a VPN

:hmmyes:

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
Just at Leeds pride and as ever I loving love that when lib dem and tory groups went past crowd instantly stopped cheering to coldly watch

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Ratjaculation posted:

Mix them into an apple crumble... then give it to me

In this household it's apple, blackberry and rhubarb crumble or gently caress off

Choice of custard and/or ice cream though

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
My wife likes to eat crumble cold.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

My wife likes to eat crumble cold.

Same, never like it on the day it's made

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I like cold cream on my warm crumble.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I haven't figured out what crumble is a euphemism for but pretty sure you're all sick freaks regardless

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Good to see my neighbourhood getting the priorities right when it comes to a local noise nuisance.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

radmonger posted:

If youmfind that the way you interact online commonly has that effect on other people, a moment’s self reflection could be in order.
It doesn't but just lol at this, which I can't read as anything other than "stop calling people out for racism if it upsets them".

OwlFancier posted:

Or a replacement dad.
I'm open to offers :v:

AceOfFlames posted:

I am not going to become a racist if that's what you're wondering. I just don't understand how anyone can live in a world where you have to decide what is real based on what you feel is right. I personally feel like empathy and tolerance is right but I would much rather support these feelings with facts as much as possible.
First off, "live your life without facts" is so far from the point that was originally made it's loving staggering that you ended up there. Secondly, "I feel like empathy and tolerance is right but need facts to support that" makes it sound like you're one well-labelled pie chart away from supporting cruelty and intolerance.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sanford posted:

Good to see my neighbourhood getting the priorities right when it comes to a local noise nuisance.

Neighbours:
Me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaewcEr-jAI

Pilchenstein posted:

First off, "live your life without facts" is so far from the point that was originally made it's loving staggering that you ended up there. Secondly, "I feel like empathy and tolerance is right but need facts to support that" makes it sound like you're one well-labelled pie chart away from supporting cruelty and intolerance.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
*picks up one (1) bar of solid empathy*

Behold

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That'd be perfect for throwing at nazis.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

That'd be perfect for throwing at nazis.

Don't give nazis your empathy.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
You can always put it in a sock if you want to knock some into them and keep it too.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Pretty sure it's just weed.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Sanford posted:

The scourge of foreign music, introducing our children to such un-British concepts as liveliness, dancing, enjoyment!

Instead, how about a patriotic, endlessly-repeating loop of Dambusters March and Pomp & Circumstance No. 1?

oh gently caress yes

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Sanford posted:

So presumably blasting Chaz and Dave and The Wurzels all night long is fine? :banjo:

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Foreign music you say

what about... DOUBLE FOREIGN music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C04TKCce8s

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
Neighbours blasting Debussy and Wagner at all hours turned my son gay, filthy foreign muck

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

crispix posted:

So presumably blasting Chaz and Dave and The Wurzels all night long is fine? :banjo:

Yep also all traditional folk music, Welsh close harmony singing, and bagpipe music. All fine.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Pochoclo posted:

Foreign music you say

what about... DOUBLE FOREIGN music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3C04TKCce8s

That is loving dope.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Sanford posted:

Yep also all traditional folk music, Welsh close harmony singing, and bagpipe music. All fine.

Could be worse, could be Ed Sheeran.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cold crumble is legit better than warm crumble. It goes kind of gooey and chewy and I love it

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Can anyone recommend an in browser, for Chrome, not going to install malware that pastes goatse everywhere VPN so that I can use Pandora again? One that works well for the UK to US tubez, kthx

consider this the only working trade agreement with the US so far, ahem.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.

Diet Crack posted:

Can anyone recommend an in browser, for Chrome, not going to install malware that pastes goatse everywhere VPN so that I can use Pandora again? One that works well for the UK to US tubez, kthx

consider this the only working trade agreement with the US so far, ahem.

Get a proper VPN.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/vpn/best-vpn

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
Didn't SA used to have a discount code for NordVPN?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Verizian posted:

Yeah, but it was no better than the deals you get googling NordVPN discount

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

https://nordvpn.com/coupon/

75% off 3-year plan

I can't afford to buy a 3-year plan. I use Mullvad, seems good and does what it says on the tin.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Verizian posted:

I had trouble finding out how to get that, but I think so in theory.

Seconding paying for a proper VPN. Apart from the obvious anti-geoblocking for video, other handy uses include:

- Protection on horribly insecure hotel wifi
- Allowing you to order pizza from the Bristol airport bus, even though the pizza website thinks your roaming phone is dirty and foreign and the only reason you could be ordering pizza is as a trick :arghfist:

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Long but worth a read. Survey of different countries' media views on the UK following the brexit fiasco.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/04/how-does-the-rest-of-the-world-currently-view-the-uk-brexit-boris-johnson

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Gavrilo Princip posted:

Good crowd chant of "Burn Boris Burn" going on at Leeds pride and I just heard one of the three homophobic protesters present say "I've had enough" and leave, a decision I attribute to the extremely loud float full of drag queens going by so good job Leeds

Just a load of tank-topped burnboys.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back
It's a sad but true fact that the English are naturally drawn to music with emphasis on the 1 and 3 beats, as it matches the rhythm of marching off to war.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Long but worth a read. Survey of different countries' media views on the UK following the brexit fiasco.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/04/how-does-the-rest-of-the-world-currently-view-the-uk-brexit-boris-johnson
Some quite interesting takes, but India, South Africa and Brazil are brutal. India being interesting, seeing as they were supposedly going to be our best buddies during Brexit at one point. :downsgun:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

quote:

The Westminster system, which we share, is meant to conceal the real “will of the people”. It’s a bad idea to combine that with referendums. You might discover what people actually want, which is usually something politicians, and reality, can’t deliver....

... politicians need to realise that in democracies like Britain or India, people are always angry: whether at austerity, or decreasing living standards, or immigration, or religious diversity. Anger just needs a target. The Brexit referendum gave them one: the EU. The country that invented the Westminster system, intended to control popular anger, seems to have forgotten how to run a democracy.

heh

quote:

Britain confuses its standing with that of London. London is a great global city. Britain is a small European country with ideas above its station.

I like the cut of Sharma's jib, but he does seem to be snarking at the pet obsessions of the Indian commentariat as much as Britain in his piece...