Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
And it’s not like a name like “Consentface” wouldnt also be vaguely :ohdear:?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

How about just "sexface" and avoid all the stupid teenage edge

Aziz of Arabia
Jul 19, 2019

by R. Guyovich
More like "surprise sex face" right guys?

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

Schadenboner posted:

And it’s not like a name like “Consentface” wouldnt also be vaguely :ohdear:?

it would be weird. Why would a poster need to draw attention to the fact that their face consents?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Aziz of Arabia posted:

More like "surprise sex face" right guys?

:gb2gbs:

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
it should be “surprise sexface” so that unregistered readers aren’t confused

edit: that’s what I get for not refreshing before posting

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

change it to canolaface

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/verge/status/1156921597263011841

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker

quote:

With Samsung — the last major holdout — seemingly on board with the effort to kill the 3.5mm headphone jack, the war on the headphone jack is effectively over, and the dongles have won.

:smithicide: I hate this dumb future.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
consensual missionary position sex for the purpose of reproduction face

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Devonaut posted:

change it to canolaface

Wild EEPROM posted:

also acceptable with a title for the rest of the name

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Wild EEPROM posted:

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

can't it just be good old fuckface. or feckface/f*ckface for politeness as the case might

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Private Speech posted:

can't it just be good old fuckface. or feckface/f*ckface for politeness as the case might

gently caress face

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

pseudorandom posted:

:smithicide: I hate this dumb future.

good news!

https://twitter.com/kelseyhightower/status/1155926807587069952

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
after some thinking i have realized that the 'audio port' in question likely means the front ear speaker.

nevermind, carry on, hellworld continues

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Agile Vector posted:

gently caress face

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
:stoked: FOR PIXEL 4/4XL.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

im the four loving sensors just to avoid the indignity of touching your phone

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
AndroidOne is the good* Aynrandroid right? What's the best* poorphone: Nokia 3.1?

*: :airquote:

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Schadenboner posted:

AndroidOne is the good* Aynrandroid right? What's the best* poorphone: Nokia 3.1?

*: :airquote:

any of the nokias apart from the one with the in-display fingerprint reader are supposed to be p. good with the exception of the camera

dyp at least has had no complaints regarding them

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

LastInLine posted:

any of the nokias apart from the one with the in-display fingerprint reader are supposed to be p. good with the exception of the camera

dyp at least has had no complaints regarding them

the cameras are also fairly decent bang/buck, but it is the spec where you most clearly get roughly what you pay for. with my level of phone use camera quality is really the only thing that keeps me from going pretty low-budget.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Oops, only the 7.1 and 8 are Goofy compatible. I guess I'll just fix the loving iPhone 8.

:shrug:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Schadenboner posted:

Oops, only the 7.1 and 8 are Goofy compatible. I guess I'll just fix the loving iPhone 8.

:shrug:

:goofy:

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my mom wants an android smarteatch and i cant convince her out of it. which is least bad?

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
shop smart, shop s-mar teat

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

whichever is cheapest. they're literally all equally bad. the sarnsnug ones that run tizen are supposedly not as bad

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

tell her to buy an iPhone, problem solved

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

like, every android watch uses the same soc: a qualcomm from last year that was a minor update to one from 2016 because qualcomm gives literally no shits about the wearable market and no one else cares enough to bother making a competitor other than samsung but they don't sell to anyone else and use them in tizen watches. like, qualcomm couldn't even be arsed to shrink the die or use a newer process.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Schadenboner posted:

:stoked: FOR PIXEL 4/4XL.

Pixel supremacy!!

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Scott Baio Nudes posted:

my mom wants an android smarteatch and i cant convince her out of it. which is least bad?

probably a fitbit or Garmin that’s cheap and more a “fitness tracker” than smart watch

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Scott Baio Nudes posted:

Fossil makes the best ones imo. Mine is third gen, had it since November 2017 and I wear it daily.

Devonaut fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Aug 5, 2019

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

like, every android watch uses the same soc: a qualcomm from last year that was a minor update to one from 2016 because qualcomm gives literally no shits about the wearable market and no one else cares enough to bother making a competitor other than samsung but they don't sell to anyone else and use them in tizen watches. like, qualcomm couldn't even be arsed to shrink the die or use a newer process.

its this altho a correction: the soc in use now dates to 2013 not 2016. it is based on the 800/801 soc

fossil just announced their 5th gen watches today (available now) which is what she should get

also qualcomm is starting work on a new soc for wear based on the 429 which has such innovations has having been designed in the last half decade (64 bit 12nm process) but it wont be coming any time soon

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Endless Mike posted:

iirc sarnsung makes their own wearable socs for their wearables (they run tizen not anroid though)

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

yeah thats what was said

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Do Not Fear Jazz posted:

Pixel supremacy!!

yea!!

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i use a 1st gen pixel

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

PokeJoe posted:

i use a 1st gen pixel

that owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i got a pixel 3 xl and it owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

i use a 1st gen pixel

i did until the battery shat itself. i need more than 45 minutes of standby battery life.