Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Beachcomber posted:

Wait, is the A Assault?

If so, I'm sorry, I thought he was afflicted with Attraction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

Pinecone Sample posted:

Oh, can computer servers tell apart who downloaded content as a joke and who downloaded them because they are criminals?

Just asking for a friend, eh, Pinecone Sample? We'll have fun explaining it to... the FBI.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Beachcomber posted:

Wait, is the A Assault?

If so, I'm sorry, I thought he was afflicted with Attraction.

Yeah, A is for assault or abuse. NEVER for attraction - they use their own little wacky vocabulary for their loving disgusting crimes.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Rust Martialis posted:

Just asking for a friend, eh, Pinecone Sample? We'll have fun explaining it to... the FBI.

Pinecone Sample why are you the undead Jimmy Saville

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

teen witch posted:

Yeah, A is for assault or abuse. NEVER for attraction - they use their own little wacky vocabulary for their loving disgusting crimes.

MAP especially is groddy.

Love how they keep trying to say it's exactly like being one of the various Queer groups.

Wait, love is the wrong word.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

every time a goon writes "ps:" they're addressing a special message to pinecone sample

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

My first thought was "Child Support Agency," so I was expecting some bullshit story about being unfairly forced to support his offspring. Probably would have preferred that to "I'm not really a pedo, wink wink."

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Doc Hawkins posted:

every time a goon writes "ps:" they're addressing a special message to pinecone sample

:vince:

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

Rust Martialis posted:

I don't even have a pedophile Mexican uncle!

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

So is the FBI watching SA but not Reddit, or are the unfortunate people who are stuck in a cubicle monitoring forums just not talking to each other?

What makes you so sure they didn't also contact Reddit? With something that serious I'd rather they follow up everyone discussing it to find as much information as possible than just handwave away people who might have otherwise had useful information.

They didn't accuse HIM of planning anything they just hoped he might be able to help them identify the guy.

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

What makes you so sure they didn't also contact Reddit? With something that serious I'd rather they follow up everyone discussing it to find as much information as possible than just handwave away people who might have otherwise had useful information.

They didn't accuse HIM of planning anything they just hoped he might be able to help them identify the guy.

This taps into the great conflict of reddit: Are they greater narcs or white nationalists?

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

Boiled Water posted:

This taps into the great conflict of reddit: Are they greater narcs or white nationalists?

They're a huge cross section of the worst of America so every possible awful oval office exists on there in some way shape or form.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

Sunswipe posted:

My first thought was "Child Support Agency," so I was expecting some bullshit story about being unfairly forced to support his offspring. Probably would have preferred that to "I'm not really a pedo, wink wink."

Um how did you read "I'm not really a pedo, wink wink" from "I was a victim of child sexual abuse"?

Edit: oh you're talking about what the other guy thought it might have meant, nvm. Leaving my stupidity here for eternal display and shame.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Rust Martialis posted:

this is your SA life from now on fyi you're the oldpainless of unlookedfor FBI references

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

sebmojo posted:

this is your SA life from now on fyi you're the oldpainless of unlookedfor FBI references

The Cumshitter of FBI spooks.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

He'll quote a cumshitter post and then be asked prying questions about the man who runs his business from a gay bar restroom.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

He'll quote a cumshitter post and then be asked prying questions about the man who runs his business from a gay bar restroom.

“PS, are you in contact with one Mr. Cumshitter?”

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Doc Hawkins posted:

Or trying to get the attention of their local field office

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

teen witch posted:

“PS, are you in contact with one Mr. Cumshitter?”

Mr Shitter... First name... Cum?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Mr Shitter... First name... Cum?

Call me cum, my father was Mr. Shitter.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

teen witch posted:

Call me cum, my father was Mr. Shitter.

Hahaha

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

Speaking of making GBS threads.

AITA for kicking out a woman from Golden Corral after she poo poo herself floor?

quote:

This is not a shitpost, I know it’s hard to believe and if you don’t believe it please just give me a judgment anyways.

I am the manager at a Golden Corral, which Incase you don’t know is a massive buffet restaurant chain that serves basically every food. In one of the most disgusting displays of gluttony I have ever seen a very morbidly obese woman filled 2 plates of food both stacked 12 inches high. It wasn’t healthy food either, she had pizzas cakes steaks and she even dipped potato wedges in the chocolate fountain. She must have had 2000 calories worth of food. She ate about 2/3 of it before running to the bathroom sharting herself as she ran. You could see the poo poo fall out of her shorts and onto the floor it was beyond disgusting.

One of the customers threw up which created an even bigger mess we had to clean up. She cane out of the bathroom after a few minutes with a massive poo poo stain on her rear end and sat back down and continued eating like nothing happened. I was beyond pissed off. I understand accidents happened but she showed no remorse or guilt over it and was sitting back down while we cleaned up her poo poo. She disgusted the other customers so I told her to get the gently caress out of the restaurant and she’s a loving disgusting pig. She later left a very bad yelp and google review of the incident saying I bullied and harassed her and I “fat shamed” her. She came back the next day demanding to get a free meal because I ruined it the previous day and I told her I’d call the police if she showed up again.

I feel guilty over it but I can’t see why I handled it wrongly. I feel my anger was justified

Edit: I called her a pig because she wasted so much food and poo poo all over the place not because she’s fat

If this was any restaurant other than Golden Corral I'd say this is fake, but that place attracts a special clientele.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
You

Do you have any money

Learn what to do with your money

At the gay bar, gay bar, gay bar

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

HMS Beagle posted:

AITA for kicking out a woman from Golden Corral after she poo poo herself floor?

She must have had 2000 calories worth of food.

2000 calories, LOL try 12,000, there's 2000 calories in like 20 chicken wings.

ParserGirl
Jun 3, 2005

quote:

In one of the most disgusting displays of gluttony I have ever seen a very morbidly obese woman filled 2 plates of food both stacked 12 inches high. It wasn’t healthy food either, she had pizzas cakes steaks and she even dipped potato wedges in the chocolate fountain. She must have had 2000 calories worth of food

If it were possible to pile a cubic foot of greasy carbs onto a plate it could easily be 4000 calories or more. Thank gently caress that most restaurants and fast food joints now show calorie counts because maybe the next generation has a chance at learning how to estimate what they're eating.

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

ParserGirl posted:

If it were possible to pile a cubic foot of greasy carbs onto a plate it could easily be 4000 calories or more. Thank gently caress that most restaurants and fast food joints now show calorie counts because maybe the next generation has a chance at learning how to estimate what they're eating.

It’s hosed up that portion sizes have increased by like 100% since the fifties. You’re not supposed to be eating three loving pounds of spaghetti in one sitting! I have to eat out a lot because o travel for work and it’s galling to have to leave half a goddamn salad or whatever behind because I didn’t feel like eating 900-1200 calories.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Honestly,if I go out to eat here in Europe, that's the only meal I'll be eating that day cause I'll be out 20-30€ per person. While you're right that portion sizes are ridiculous, prices in some parts of the world are equally as bad.

Yeah, sure,I'll be paying 16€ for a microwaved Schnitzel with Fries, and 3€ for a 400ml glass of coke.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

HMS Beagle posted:

If this was any restaurant other than Golden Corral I'd say this is fake, but that place attracts a special clientele.

If you're not ashamed of yourself at this point you're a lost loving cause anyhow.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
I have found a comment by the reddit user (I don't believe this was in the post I copied) that he is in Michigan. I don't think it's any coincidence that the field agent is in the Detroit office. So they likely knew about the reddit post before they called me.

It's possible that A Concerned Redditor Googled and found my repost and reported it with it. That or the feds found it via searching, which possibly makes the request inaccurate. Someone somewhere was under the impression that Pinecone Sample was the same guy posting his same problem on SA and that is why they emailed Lowtax, is what I think.

Either way, I imagine they learned from my info and IP addresses that I'm not a Michigan guy and figured, "weird, let's follow up anyway."

I was either driving to or at the gym, he left a voicemail that I thought was a scam. Like great, scammers use my full name now and want to steal my social security number. I Googled the missed call number before the voicemail loaded (I get plenty of robocalls and I have no reason to pick up a 313 call) and found nothing, so yeah.

He next left a voicemail for my mom (I know her number shows up on skip trace results for me). So she called me and I stepped out. We both thought it might have to do with a background check for a job that somehow resembled identity fraud? I Googled the area code and exchange, and it was in a bunch of criminal complaints in the US District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, etc. so I knew it was legit, I exited the gym and called him back immediately.

The first thing he said was, "you're not in any kind of trouble," which is what they say to people who are in trouble, also! He told me that he was about to email me, too.

He explained the exigency and how they were tracing every possible digital lead, even distant ones. He asked about a posting about a mass shooting. I didn't know what he meant at first because I imagined an event that actually happened, like they thought I had viewed a live stream of a shooting. So I said I didn't recall anything of the sort. He asked if I post on the website somethingawful.com and I said yes. He asked if I post as Pinecone Sample and I was like um sorry what I is this about? He said on July 12, Pinecone Sample posted I'm afraid my 28m uncle...

Like I said, I explained what little I knew and that I didn't interact with the redditor, and he seemed to understand. He didn't really ask why we copy and paste these things. I found him to be cordial, professional, competent, and an asker of well-formed questions. He never said anything to suggest that the FBI knew of the reddit post at all, but that would be stupid.

Again, it was a Friday night, like imagine I was an rear end in a top hat and said talk to my lawyer on Monday, and they said gently caress it, he's the only lead we've got, pick him up and we'll sort it out Monday.

I'm curious about some things, like if they had to go to an ISP or whatever SA PayPal info I used was enough. I think I was on the complimentary gym wifi when I cross-posted that, too. I wonder if there's a reddit beat. I wonder if they spoke to every redditor who replied.

That's my best recollection of the events. I was merely a witness to a post of some redditor concerned about a relative. I was as forthcoming as possible at the time and any anomaly in my recollection of events is unintentional and relates only to my memory at the time. I'm posting this on my phone so I hope predictive text didn't gently caress up any words.

I don't believe I have anything more useful than I told him. I hope they had better leads and no shooting happens. I sincerely hope that the law enforcement method of stopping domestic extremists works and saves lives. This has been an interesting insight into that.

I like that Lowtax barely reads his emails from the USG and had no idea what it was about.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^ Yeah, you're going to be the SA FBI guy forever.

Tashilicious posted:

MAP especially is groddy.

Love how they keep trying to say it's exactly like being one of the various Queer groups.

Wait, love is the wrong word.

Minor Attracted Persons is one of those terms I can never remember when I try to explain to people that, yes, there are paedophiles who are still trying to make their perversion socially acceptable.

The "maybe if I just opacify it behind a sufficiently bland acronym, people won't ask what it means" type of poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Aug 5, 2019

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ParserGirl posted:

As a thought experiment I took the Wetherspoons (huge UK pub chain that does adequate cheap food) Valentines day menu which I think was like dinner for 2, 2 courses and a bottle of wine for like £20. With no additions, substitutions or special orders, I was able to use that menu to craft a 2500 calorie dinner. Per Person. (Mixed Grill with chips, chocolate fudge cake with cream, half a bottle of wine for the curious).

A Wetherspoons mixed grill and a slice of cake with cream is a fair amount of food, but ENTIRELY unremarkable to look at, and positively small compared to many "normal" US restaurant portions or the buffet plates you see people tucking into.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

ParserGirl posted:

A cubic foot? of chips?

foot is 30cm. Lets say Chips have the specific gravity of water, 1g/cubic cm, and are compressed to take up 100% of the space. 27,000g, 27kg. Chips are maybe 3 calories per gram...

81,000 calories.

Assume 50% of the volume i gaps between chips, you're still underestimating by a factor of TEN.

Junk food is calorie dense yo!

Correcting Calorie estimates in the /r/relationships thread, Two for Two baby!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

:prepop:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

https://twitter.com/pr0spector88/status/1158239110131343365?s=21

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

If your trip to a Gold Corral isn't best described as "one of the most disgusting displays of gluttony I have ever seen," you've hosed up.

That is not a restaurant for the sane. You know why you're there, and you should feel ashamed of yourself.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

HMS Beagle posted:

Someone post that famous Golden Corral rant.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

Boiled Water posted:

Who sees a pregnant person and thinks "ooh a chance for me to eat a tasty infant for the cost of free"?

From the comments:

m4736• 16h
NTA. Who the gently caress goes up to a teenage girl and asks her for her nonexistent unborn child

aitadaughter • 16h
A very desperate woman who thinks she's "saving a child from abortion".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

AITA for reacting negatively after a date told me she was a mom?

quote:

I met this gorgeous woman a few weeks ago at my brother in laws birthday party and we hit it off straight away.

She had come with a friend of a friend so no one really knew much about her, but we spent the entire night talking and I took her home that night (she’d come with a girlfriend before anyone thinks I stole some poor guys date)

We have talked every single night since then about everything and anything under the sun. She’d send me nudes, silly memes, talk about legit deep stuff, and we even talked about kids briefly in conversation and she asked me if I ever wanted any and I said yep, and I asked her the same and she replied ‘yeah I’d love a big family someday’- there was ZERO implication she had a child.

I kept asking her out on evenings cuz that’s the only time I’m free and she kept declining saying she’s living with her parents right now and they get super weird if she’s not home on time. Fine.

Friday evening came around and she said she could hop out for a few hours, so I jumped at the chance and took her out for a bite.

Halfway through our amazing dinner she got kinda awkward and said ‘I guess now is a good time to tell you I have a 4 year old son’ I really didn’t know what to say so I just said ‘huh’ and that was kinda it. She got even more awkward after I went quiet and we finished our dinner in silence despite me trying to make small talk and then I paid for dinner and I called her cab.

That night she called me, I answered and she unleashed on me saying that I was an rear end in a top hat and I shouldn’t have reacted poorly, that she was really into me which is why she trusted me with that info. She said she wanted to carry on dating me, that she was falling for me, etc. I told her I was really sorry but I had no idea what to say with that info and that I wished her well but I wasn’t looking to date a mom.

Word has (inevitably) got around to my mom because she told her friend who she came to my BIL’s party with who told my sister who told my mom and she’s majorly disappointed that I didn’t give it a go because this girl is really successful and nice etc.

I do feel awkward and bad but I don’t know that I was an rear end in a top hat?

Why do I get the feeling he said a lot more than "Huh."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

chitoryu12 posted:

AITA for reacting negatively after a date told me she was a mom?

Why do I get the feeling he said a lot more than "Huh."

Sometimes it's not what you say, it's how you say it

And also your facial expression

And the way you are averting your eyes