Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Tesseraction posted:

Which is only beaten by India permanently blinding hundreds of its own citizens to own the Mohammedeens https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/08/india-crackdown-in-kashmir-is-this-worlds-first-mass-blinding

quote:

How did India get here? How is it all right for a constitutionally democratic and secular, modern nation to blind scores of civilians in a region it controls?

that essay is itself like a dozen one can find in the Indian press today, each equal in their despair

Hindu chauvinism is a force that is going to shape South Asia for the next two decades, much for the worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sanford posted:

A woman on the tube berated me for giving a fiver to a beggar and then hopped off the train at Farringdon to “make a report” to the one loving copper working the underground today. I thought you Londoners stayed out of other people’s business?

only a fiver, i'd report you too :smug:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

njsykora posted:

They said they were going to patch it out the day it came out so the fact that it's still there is completely unsurprising. They also boned up the music in that port for no reason since it's slowed down for no reason.

Leave it to Bethesda to manage to gently caress up the port of a game that's been successfully ported onto fridges.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

forkboy84 posted:

Saw a bit of Trump giving a speech where he speaks out about white supremacy after the shooting and boy, I dunno if it was the body language or the tone of his voice but that was about the least sincere condemnation of racism in human history.

Rather surprised the BBC are explicitly calling it terrorism though. Seems overdue.

he's always like then during a full teleprompter speech where he doesn't go off script. not that it wasn't insincere though

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/05/no-deal-brexit-is-boris-johnsons-central-scenario-eu-told

quote:

Boris Johnson has no intention of renegotiating the withdrawal agreement and a no-deal Brexit is his “central scenario”, EU diplomats have been briefed following a meeting between the prime minister’s chief envoy and officials in Brussels.

David Frost, who replaced Olly Robbins as the government’s chief Europe adviser, was said to have instead sought to discuss how negotiations could be reset after the UK crashes out on 31 October, during his recent talks with senior EU figures.

“It was clear UK does not have another plan,” a senior EU diplomat said of the meetings with Frost. “No intention to negotiate, which would require a plan. A no deal now appears to be the UK government’s central scenario.”

Here's what Boris said about a week ago, after Gove wrote that article in the Times:

quote:

No, absolutely not. My assumption is that we can get a new deal, we’re aiming for a new deal. But, of course, Michael is absolutely right that it’s responsible for any government to prepare for a no deal if we absolutely have to.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Jose posted:

he's always like then during a full teleprompter speech where he doesn't go off script. not that it wasn't insincere though

Apparently I've done a really world class job of avoiding Donald Trump speeches so hurrah for me.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Boris Johnson said a bunch of bullshit while doing the exact opposite and cheering on disaster capitalism?

Whaaaaaaat??

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Bardeh posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/aug/05/no-deal-brexit-is-boris-johnsons-central-scenario-eu-told

Here's what Boris said about a week ago, after Gove wrote that article in the Times:

it owns that if we do eventually remain the EU are going to loving hate us

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Seems like the Harland + Wolff shipyard workers in Belfast have resolved to occupy the shipyard indefinitely to block administrators accessing the site, had a meeting with John McDonnell (who was in NI today) and Unite are making noises to the DUP that they are willing to field candidates against them if they do not pressure the Tories to renationalise the yard.

DUP may start getting a bit sweaty around the collar if this catches on in East Belfast

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/rightwingtwits/status/1158422267086458880?s=20

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

kustomkarkommando posted:

Seems like the Harland + Wolff shipyard workers in Belfast have resolved to occupy the shipyard indefinitely to block administrators accessing the site, had a meeting with John McDonnell (who was in NI today) and Unite are making noises to the DUP that they are willing to field candidates against them if they do not pressure the Tories to renationalise the yard.

DUP may start getting a bit sweaty around the collar if this catches on in East Belfast

Hope it works for them. Would be exciting for another actual challenge to the DUP. Even if it's more spoiler than anything else.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

Jose posted:

it owns that if we do eventually remain the EU are going to loving hate us
You're working on the assumption that they don't already, because of all the bullshit that's been stirred up by starting this dumpster fire to begin with. :supaburn: Hell, just consider the time wasted sitting in negotiations. I'm sure at least one person in those rooms wishes they got those hours/days back.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!
Boaty McBoatface of all things was supposed to be the biggest civilian ship built in the UK in decades so is there anything other than the marine division of BAe and whoever puts Rolls Royce reactors into subs left of UK shipbuilding in the first place?

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Guavanaut posted:

Michigan's still bitter.

Ohio is a shithole and it is good that more of it didn't end up in Noted Good State (being my former residence) Michigan #puremichigan #gowolverines

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Guavanaut posted:

I'd bet a fiver she's from Buckinghamshire.

Hey don't tar me with that poo poo.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

feedmegin posted:

Ohio is a shithole and it is good that more of it didn't end up in Noted Good State (being my former residence) Michigan #puremichigan #gowolverines
Michigan getting Toledo and Wisconsin getting the UP would have made far more sense.

Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

Michigan getting Toledo and Wisconsin getting the UP would have made far more sense.
Michigan getting Toledo and the UP would have made far more sense. :colbert:

One state to rule the Great Lakes.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
More evidence of the government preparing to dive us straight into hell:

https://twitter.com/alexwickham/status/1158430608881782790?s=21

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I support Boris and No Deal because the issue I have is that food is affordable for too many.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Sanford posted:

A woman on the tube berated me for giving a fiver to a beggar and then hopped off the train at Farringdon to “make a report” to the one loving copper working the underground today. I thought you Londoners stayed out of other people’s business?

Highly doubtful she's a Londoner - the local language is composed of looking down at your phone, passive-aggressive tutting, and a barely audible mumbled "sorry".

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao at thinking the leaks are going to stop and journalists will turn them over

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Ratjaculation posted:

I support Boris and No Deal because the issue I have is that food is affordable for too many.

Food for the few, not the many.

- Vote Boris 2020

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Pochoclo posted:

Highly doubtful she's a Londoner - the local language is composed of looking down at your phone, passive-aggressive tutting, and a barely audible mumbled "sorry".

That’s what I thought! She was wearing green converse, had a tribal tattoo on her arm, and some ungodly red colouring in her hair - all signs of some kind of foreigner in my opinion.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Jose posted:

Lmao at thinking the leaks are going to stop and journalists will turn them over

Lmao if you think the leaks are coming from anyone other than Cummings himself

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

CGI Stardust posted:

Lmao if you think the leaks are coming from anyone other than Cummings himself

The leaks are Cummings from inside the house

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Cummings has such a bizarre head. It's like he's a distant cousin of Gollum or something.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Junior G-man posted:

Cummings has such a bizarre head.

Do you think it's the source of the leaks?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Do you think it's the source of the leaks?

personally I'm all in favour of the RAF dropping 70 tons of sandbags onto it

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

At least with no deal being the intended option Labour can now go full "gently caress this poo poo, election or referendum now" and beat that drum until the end of October. When do they get back off recess?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:thunk:

This guy is a tory councillor

https://twitter.com/SolWpolski/status/1158277080578240512?s=20

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

love too doo an antisemitism when complaining about other people being antisemitic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wealth being a protected characteristic would be interesting, because that would make means testing discrimination.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Though also, presumably, progressive taxation.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

LOL, my threatened identity as a wealthy, (presumably) white, Tory, male needs protecting.

Please write a law that says 'no mean things about Richie Rich".

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Being rich is a choice.

Being poor usually isn't.

But they'd be technically correct to march out on the streets with "Born this way" signs.

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

That looks anti-semitic to me...

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Really regretting my decision to quit twitter when I see poo poo like this :v:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
ahahahahaha 'bigoted'

https://twitter.com/MrHarryCole/status/1158434398674542592

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What an inaccurate photo.

Heinz is American.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I wonder how long it'll take for him to block me for asking if he remembered when boris nicked his mmissus and he still kissed his arse.