Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Junior G-man posted:

Cummings has such a bizarre head. It's like he's a distant cousin of Gollum or something.
The physical change he’s undergone in the last three years is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Junior G-man posted:

Cummings has such a bizarre head. It's like he's a distant cousin of Gollum or something.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Hey UKMT I've been camping in Wales all weekend and now I'm 30, did I miss anything important over the past dozen or so pages? Tia

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Apraxin posted:

The physical change he’s undergone in the last three years is incredible.

Had to look this up, and hoooly poo poo it is actually him. Thought this was a joke.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

sebzilla posted:

Hey UKMT I've been camping in Wales all weekend and now I'm 30, did I miss anything important over the past dozen or so pages? Tia

There was more crispchat a while back. And teachat. That was v. important.

How's Wales? I'm going next week and have never been.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

sebzilla posted:

Happy birthday!

All Tories are liars
All cops are bastards
All lib dems are Tories
This is bad for Jeremy Corbyn

Think that covers it

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Tarnop posted:

Happy birthday!

All Tories are liars
All cops are bastards
All lib dems are Tories
This is bad for Jeremy Corbyn

Think that covers it

But all of that was also the case when I was 26!

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Junior G-man posted:

Can definitely recommend Dan Yr Ogof if you like caves and awesome but somewhat dated dinosaur models. There's a very cool waterfall nearby too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

He got cucked by boris

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

sebzilla posted:

There’s tentative plans for a ukmt podcast

Indeterminacy
Sep 9, 2011

Excuse me, your Rabbit parts are undetached.

Jose posted:

Lmao at thinking the leaks are going to stop and journalists will turn them over
I'd be inclined to think the Mail, Telegraph, Sun and Times would happily turn any remain-sympathising leaker over to the Tory war machine. Brexit is their construction, and Boris is doing their work.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe

suck my woke dick posted:

Boaty McBoatface of all things was supposed to be the biggest civilian ship built in the UK in decades so is there anything other than the marine division of BAe and whoever puts Rolls Royce reactors into subs left of UK shipbuilding in the first place?

Short answer is no - the only ships of any size that get built in UK yards these days are ones that are legally required to be (RN combat vessels), ones that come with strings attached to government funding (RRS Sir David Attenborough Boaty McBoatface) or which are the result of explicit government purchasing decisions (the Scottish island ferries are built on the Clyde because CalMac is owned by the Scottish government).

Proper full-size merchant ships (as built in Japan, South Korea or China) or cruise liners (as built in Italy or Germany) haven't been built in the UK this century. The only commercial civilian 'shipbuilding' going on is luxury yachts, fishing trawlers, small car ferries, workboats and the like.

Appledore in Devon, which built a mix of small military and civilian ships, bit the dust earlier this year and now H&W (which hasn't built a ship since 2003 and was royally shafted by the Blair government over its bid to build the QM2) is on the rocks.

Even the new Royal Fleet Auxiliary tankers, which a sensible government might have seen as a way to 'prime the pump' for getting some proper civilian orders, were built in Korea, albeit to a British firm's design.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

sebzilla posted:

Can definitely recommend Dan Yr Ogof if you like caves and awesome but somewhat dated dinosaur models. There's a very cool waterfall nearby too.

I haven't been to Dan Yr Ogof in years. Used to love those dinosaur models but they were getting dated when I was young so I'd hate to think what they're like now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/IanCLucas/status/1158392535586344960?s=20

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Junior G-man posted:

There was more crispchat a while back. And teachat. That was v. important.

What area? It's a fairly big place. What level of activity do you want?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

sebzilla posted:

Hey UKMT I've been camping in Wales all weekend and now I'm 30
How old were you when you started?

28 or younger or 31 or over and I have some very serious (and very different) questions.

Soylent Yellow posted:

What area? It's a fairly big place.
It covers an area of land about the size of Wales.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

My Wales area fact is that its about the same size as all the worlds golf courses. Golf cunts. Burn humanity.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/willquince/status/1158308632288800768

The new Tory plan for welfare unveiled. This guy is gonna drive a van around the country delivering it.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

loving mega LMAO if you don't think wealth already is a protected characteristic

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Tories: Communism is bad and a fatal blow to human freedom and dignity.
Also Tories: Two child policy.

Ratjaculation posted:

My Wales area fact is that its about the same size as all the worlds golf courses. Golf cunts. Burn humanity.
That's not just the fancy booj clubs, it's the community courses and and woodland and nature reserves and all that.

So we could keep those and lose Pembrokeshire, which is mostly Tories.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Bardeh posted:

The new Tory plan for welfare unveiled. This guy is gonna drive a van around the country delivering it.

Wonder if he'll take a page out of Hermes' book and chuck in your neighbour's bin if you're not there to sign for it

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Soylent Yellow posted:

What area? It's a fairly big place. What level of activity do you want?

Hiking Offa's Dyke for a week with my dad. Mainly just good pub recommendations along the trail :)

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

Tories: Communism is bad and a fatal blow to human freedom and dignity.
Also Tories: Two child policy.

That's not just the fancy booj clubs, it's the community courses and and woodland and nature reserves and all that.

So we could keep those and lose Pembrokeshire, which is mostly Tories.

It was just the booj ones. I'll try and find the source.

I'm all for crazy golf.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Bardeh posted:

https://twitter.com/willquince/status/1158308632288800768

The Minimum Income Floor is where you have to sleep after they repossess your mattress to pay student loans

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

What the gently caress are Two Child Policy and Military Covenant?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

BalloonFish posted:

Short answer is no - the only ships of any size that get built in UK yards these days are ones that are legally required to be (RN combat vessels), ones that come with strings attached to government funding (RRS Sir David Attenborough Boaty McBoatface) or which are the result of explicit government purchasing decisions (the Scottish island ferries are built on the Clyde because CalMac is owned by the Scottish government).

Proper full-size merchant ships (as built in Japan, South Korea or China) or cruise liners (as built in Italy or Germany) haven't been built in the UK this century. The only commercial civilian 'shipbuilding' going on is luxury yachts, fishing trawlers, small car ferries, workboats and the like.

Appledore in Devon, which built a mix of small military and civilian ships, bit the dust earlier this year and now H&W (which hasn't built a ship since 2003 and was royally shafted by the Blair government over its bid to build the QM2) is on the rocks.

Even the new Royal Fleet Auxiliary tankers, which a sensible government might have seen as a way to 'prime the pump' for getting some proper civilian orders, were built in Korea, albeit to a British firm's design.

Sad but indistinguishable from the rest of Tory/melt policy I suppose.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Ratjaculation posted:

The worst thing about having a child is that my wife and I can no longer scream “gently caress YOU, YOU GOLF BASTARDS! YOU GOLF PLAYING WANKERS!” as we drive past a golf course.

Can someone please tell me what to believe on the it is now too late/not too late to stop hard boris brexit front? I’m really tired and can’t form a coherent opinion so I’ll just do what the hive mind says thanks.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Junior G-man posted:

They only count up to two children when assessing benefits claims (unless the children were born before a certain date). If you have more, gently caress you, they can starve.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

It's sorta-kinda probable, depends on how Parliament reacts when BoJo doesn't actually resign or call and election after he loses a Brexit or other major vote and just runs the clock out to Oct. 31.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Junior G-man posted:

You only get support for the first two children unless you can prove you were raped.

It's worse than the one child policy, at least that has exemptions for some minority groups and you can't just buy your way out of it.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Junior G-man posted:

One would assume reduced child support for any :females: with more than two and shafting the troops on veterans' benefits, respectively.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Junior G-man posted:

A covenant is an ant that practises witchcraft so I can see how that would be useful to the military.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

https://www.randa.org/~/media/files/golfdevelopment/gaw-2019-edition-3-hi.ashx
38,864 'proper' golf courses around the world

hard to find a decent source for average, but it tens to between 30-90 ha for the green and rough together, so 60 ha.

do the math and

Only registered members can see post attachments!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Sanford posted:

The worst thing about having a child is that my wife and I can no longer scream “gently caress YOU, YOU GOLF BASTARDS! YOU GOLF PLAYING WANKERS!” as we drive past a golf course.

Can someone please tell me what to believe on the it is now too late/not too late to stop hard boris brexit front? I’m really tired and can’t form a coherent opinion so I’ll just do what the hive mind says thanks.

Prediction: 5 Tories defect to CUKTIG and support a VONC against Bojo. Both other CUKTIGs defect the other way along with three Libdems (one of them is Chuka). Hard Brexit sails through due to one melt vote. tibfjc.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Sanford posted:

the road to my old work yard split a golf course in two, and there was a 'buggy crossing' - because I was at work I could never shout at them, but gently caress me I honked like poo poo because the twats just drove blindly across a national speed road.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

An area the size of Wales that we could literally do anything more useful on. I'm even willing to include nuclear waste storage. gently caress me.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Junior G-man posted:

An area the size of Wales that we could literally do anything more useful on. I'm even willing to include nuclear waste storage. gently caress me.

I mean we could just use Wales for that. They're already pissed off enough, it's not like they can get any angrier. Or even better, use it for nuclear waste *and* golf together, kill three birds with one stone.

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Junior G-man posted:

Can we compromise and store all the nuclear waste in golf course bunkers?

Maybe it would even become worth watching on tv if a missed drive ended up in a radiation hazard, leading r\to having to play the next shot within 60 seconds before their skin melts off?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We can just reburn it.

Which of the three I'm referring to I'll leave for interpretation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Junior G-man posted:

Tory two child policy: two is old enough