Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Calgary Flames select Justin Braun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Chicago gets their backup goalie in Curtis McElhinney

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

I believe in Ken Holland trading his rights before the season starts .

please point to me the one time ever ken holland traded a young underperformer before a season rather than yo-yoing him around between the AHL and NHL until his RFA years expired and then finally flipping him at the deadline for peanuts

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 5, 2019

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
I'm gonna take my backup goalie now also, Alex Georgiev.

He's young, theoretically good, and most importantly, helps keep me under the cap.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

mentholmoose posted:

He's young, theoretically good, and most importantly, helps keep me under the cap.

DAMMIT poo poo gently caress

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Zodijackylite is up until 8:29pm EST
Boomer the Cannon
Good Soldier Svejk
ThinkTank
Thufir (x2)

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Boomer The Cannon posted:

DAMMIT poo poo gently caress

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

mentholmoose posted:

He’s good, he‘d be starter on a lot of teams. poo poo he pretty much was the starter last year

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Teemu Pokemon posted:

please point to me the one time ever ken holland traded a young underperformer before a season rather than yo-yoing him around between the AHL and NHL until his RFA years expired and then finally flipping him at the deadline for peanuts

I have my sources.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

I have my sources.

But they conflict with my sources. :thunk:

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...
Washington selects Anton Khudobin.

16.04 goals saved above average and .622 quality start.

That, and the team is probably going to need a goalie.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

mentholmoose posted:

ooooh this is a really sneaky good pick, totally fell off my radar. kudos.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks

Zodijackylite posted:

Washington selects Anton Khudobin.

16.04 goals saved above average and .622 quality start.

That, and the team is probably going to need a goalie.

This was almost my pick instead of McElhinney but I decided to penny pinch.

Speaking of penny pinching, am I allowed to change Shattenkirk's contract on the sheet to his current one he just signed or am I stuck with the original one

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Yaya posted:

Speaking of penny pinching, am I allowed to change Shattenkirk's contract on the sheet to his current one he just signed or am I stuck with the original one

I assumed the rule is always go with what is currently real. So like if a dude gets bought out and fucks off to Europe that's what happens in our fantasy world

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

You’re stuck with the buyout hit and don’t have him on the squad, rip

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Yaya posted:

You have to combine both his contracts into one. So his cap hit's now $8.4 mil for this season.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jonathan Fisk posted:

You’re stuck with the buyout hit and don’t have him on the squad, rip

And someone else gets to pick him.

But no for real I am cool with you getting the new cap hit. It's not like there are big money players still out there that you will get a leg up on

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
And it counts against next year's draft too.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah, it's whatever their irl contract is. Old team gets the buyout hit though, sorry Teemu!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

also drat you Boomer for always picking so late at night are you like CST or something
or a doctor

'cause if so I'll feel bad for grumbling at you but if not how dare you not be as fanatically obsessed with picking these fake hockey boys as I am

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

CST is God's own timezone

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FBS posted:

CST is God's own timezone

Feels more like the agnostic's timezone, neither the godly east or the heathen west

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

the "godly east" is full of coastal elites, you heathen. only the middle remains pure

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FBS posted:

the "godly east" is full of coastal elites, you heathen. only the middle remains pure

Eh, at least in terms of the US the country is like an ice cream sandwich where they forgot to add flavoring to the filling.
Like sure, the outer bits are mostly just structural and not at all exciting, but at least they have some texture
the center is just this melange of... nothing.

With the exception of Chicago. Thanks for the electric blues, Chicago.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well anywho if Boomer picks overnight is there anyone I can PM a list to that's likely to be up?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

well anywho if Boomer picks overnight is there anyone I can PM a list to that's likely to be up?

you can hmu, I'll be awake for a while and then I'll be up for work in the morning at a normal corporate hour

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Just relax, you've got 16 more minutes to go until he's skipped!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kilza posted:

Just relax, you've got 16 more minutes to go until he's skipped!

Oh, I thought he rolled into tomorrow morning. My bad. I will be up for that then.
FBS don't steal my guys

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Oh, I thought he rolled into tomorrow morning. My bad. I will be up for that then.
FBS don't steal my guys

If they're still around in ~25 picks I will definitely not think about them

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

my pick is detroit wunderkind and savior Taro Hirose
I caught a few games where he played and he has talent for miles and is just a lot of fun to watch.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

Although I still have ThinkTank's list from Friday, he said he'd just be gone during the weekend, so I'll wait for him to show up in case he wants to deviate from the list.

Next up:
ThinkTank (until 11:44 AM EST)
Thufir (x2)
ThinkTank
Good Soldier Svejk

Skipped:
Boomer the Cannon

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

i am the bird posted:

Brodie - Makar
Hughes - Hamonic

Brodie plays the right side FYI. I know, I made this unforgivable mistake last year, but then it turned out alright because apparently Niskanen fell off the Age 30 cliff.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

eXXon posted:

Brodie plays the right side FYI. I know, I made this unforgivable mistake last year, but then it turned out alright because apparently Niskanen fell off the Age 30 cliff.

Yeah, I had him with Hughes earlier but in this fantasy world he actually plays his correct side. I might switch that back and just bump Hamonic down and get a lefty for Makar's partner. Or just play Hughes and Makar together because I'm sure some commentator has called them "mature beyond their years."

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I also wanted to pick Georgiev because he has been stupidly good against the Leafs in his short career and that needs to stop.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

also drat you Boomer for always picking so late at night are you like CST or something
or a doctor

Just have an infant who has weird hours.

I was going to take Hirose, so it all worked out in your favor.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Edmonton takes Madison Bowey.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I guess ThinkTank's still gone, so I'll just make his next pick. Admittedly, it pains me to make this pick since I was hoping he'd fall to me in a later round. Tyler Benson.

Thufir
May 19, 2004

"The fucking Mayans were right."
I'm going to make some questionable picks. A guy with 2 career NHL games played: Jake Bean and a declining skilled forward that was never that good: Colin Wilson

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

The last guy on ThinkTank's 4 player list is Jordan Greenway.

Svejk is up until 2 PM EST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Kilza posted:

The last guy on ThinkTank's 4 player list is Jordan Greenway.

Svejk is up until 2 PM EST.

gently caress