Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

For some people, melting down is a way of life.

Example: Enfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

LOL

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

Hello from 50 pages back - I've been reading this thread from the beginning off and on for a few months and haven't quite caught up yet.

Seems the feds are sniffing around these dead gay forums again.

Dr Strangepants posted:

So apparently an earlier post itt got Lowtax a message from the FBI.

The post in question was from the /r/relationships thread and a repost from Reddit, not an actual post by Pinecone Sample. So, uh, well done FBI.

Pinecone Sample posted:

Yes, I received a call from this agent on the evening of Friday the 19th and I was very confused at first. I told him what I knew once I realized what he was talking about, which was very little.

I dunno if that means the Taxman dropped a dime on Pinecone Sample or if the FBI tracked down their number via other means but the whole thing seems a bit :stare:

fake edit: This was the post in question, edited a bit because I don't want the FBI calling me as well after their data dragnet picks up this post:

Pinecone Sample posted:

I'm afraid my(m28) uncle(m55) is planning a [redacted]

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Known Lecher posted:

Hello from 50 pages back - I've been reading this thread from the beginning off and on for a few months and haven't quite caught up yet.

Seems the feds are sniffing around these dead gay forums again.

The post in question was from the /r/relationships thread and a repost from Reddit, not an actual post by Pinecone Sample. So, uh, well done FBI.

I dunno if that means the Taxman dropped a dime on Pinecone Sample or if the FBI tracked down their number via other means but the whole thing seems a bit :stare:

fake edit: This was the post in question, edited a bit because I don't want the FBI calling me as well after their data dragnet picks up this post:

If the FBI asks, I'm sure Lowtax cooperates. He deals with enough bullshit as it is without trying to buck the g man.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

RFC2324 posted:

If the FBI asks, I'm sure Lowtax cooperates. He deals with enough bullshit as it is without trying to buck the g man.

He usually co-operates then bans the person who made him talk to the FBI. He appears to have shown mercy here, because it was a repost from Reddit.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
FBI person did the equivalent of a dog looking at your hand when you're trying to point something out to it.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

but dogs are good, and cops are not

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Deputize dogs jail cops

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

One of the worst, brain-damaged, nothin-but-politix posters has finally been permabanned.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864784&pagenumber=33&perpage=40#post497287439

RIP in piss Moridin.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Aw I want to know what the mod edit covered

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

bradzilla posted:

One of the worst, brain-damaged, nothin-but-politix posters has finally been permabanned.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3864784&pagenumber=33&perpage=40#post497287439

RIP in piss Moridin.

Did he get perma'ed and then dropped to a one month

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Somfin posted:

Did he get perma'ed and then dropped to a one month

Probation avs override banned avs for some reason. He's gone.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

He was cool. Hope things go well for the guy.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

bradzilla posted:

RIP in piss Moridin.

He's going to be back in a week, I can guarantee it.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I haven't seen his alt in the Leper's Colony yet so he might still be posting RIGHT NOW :ghost:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I haven't seen his alt in the Leper's Colony yet so he might still be posting RIGHT NOW :ghost:

Oh yeah, I forgot he had a permanent alt he used during probations. Don't remember the name, but it was really obvious.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

George H.W. oval office posted:

Aw I want to know what the mod edit covered

Some anarchist cookbook crap.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Good job moderators. I remember the dark days of when both Jastiger and Moridin roamed GBS obliterating every thread, every time.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Paladinus posted:

Oh yeah, I forgot he had a permanent alt he used during probations. Don't remember the name, but it was really obvious.

it's COMRADES and a perma has to be incoming because it's the least well-kept secret on SA (which makes it even funnier when Moridin would argue with himself via COMRADES sometimes)

Spins
Feb 26, 2016

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

purple death ray posted:

He was cool. Hope things go well for the guy.

It's a real loss. GBS has few "known" regulars now, and he was a prolific poster. He was teased a lot, and I realized only fairly recently he didn't mind, it was fun for him.
This livened up threads and was often funny.

But BOOM gone, possibly perma'ed due to an overreaction to recent events. (The post could very well have been stupid!)

I'm bummed, and I hope it gets reversed to a regular ban. :(

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Glenn Quebec posted:

Good job moderators. I remember the dark days of when both Jastiger and Moridin roamed GBS obliterating every thread, every time.

Jastiger: Was that the guy who would not let a single conversation go because he was allegedly a ph.d grad student? I remember him constantly making GBS threads all over Neil Degrasse Tyson years ago for not being "a real scientist" and always brought up the whole "I do real lab science my opinion matters more" in a dismissive way to ignore things that didn't agree with him.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

pentyne posted:

Jastiger: Was that the guy who would not let a single conversation go because he was allegedly a ph.d grad student? I remember him constantly making GBS threads all over Neil Degrasse Tyson years ago for not being "a real scientist" and always brought up the whole "I do real lab science my opinion matters more" in a dismissive way to ignore things that didn't agree with him.

Jastiger was the Iowa chop guy who was insufferable and started posting pictures of himself and his newborn. Even as much as I loathed him, even I told him to try and keep his anonymity and def. dont post your child.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Moridin was a spaz who made every thread he posted in worse. Rest In Piss

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I remember being there arguing with Jastiger that secretly filming a 14 year old girl changing her clothes was in fact bad and a crime when he ate his perma :allears: good times were had by all

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

pentyne posted:

Seems a bit funny now given everyone's gotten sick of NDT and he also turned out to be a creeper.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Maybe people are not all good, but not all bad either. Namaste.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

Paladinus posted:

Maybe people are not all good, but not all bad either. Namaste.

You couldn't be more boring if you tried.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I did not know Moridin, but I'm not particularly sad he's gone.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Danaru posted:

I remember being there arguing with Jastiger that secretly filming a 14 year old girl changing her clothes was in fact bad and a crime when he ate his perma :allears: good times were had by all

After the perma he went to goon Facebook to whine about it, alerting people to who he in fact was

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

bradzilla posted:

RIP in piss Moridin.

Couldn't have happened to a better poster

f

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

The Saddest Rhino posted:

After the perma he went to goon Facebook to whine about it, alerting people to who he in fact was

You can't say something like this without posting the rants

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Goon Facebook? LMAOOOOOO

Fake edit: it's not a backdoor invite request; I don't Facebook.

Faker edit: HAHAHA backdoor invite request!!!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Goon Facebook? LMAOOOOOO

Fake edit: it's not a backdoor invite request; I don't Facebook.

Faker edit: HAHAHA backdoor invite request!!!

Sup

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Spins posted:

It's a real loss. GBS has few "known" regulars now, and he was a prolific poster. He was teased a lot, and I realized only fairly recently he didn't mind, it was fun for him.

But BOOM gone, possibly perma'ed due to an overreaction to recent events. (The post could very well have been stupid!)

Nah gently caress that guy

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

No soy chico, lo siento.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

You can't say something like this without posting the rants

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spins posted:

OTOH: he openly bragged about committing invoice fraud and stiffing workers for his dad's company, so gently caress that bougie bastard.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I meant Moridin but these are excellent too :hai:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Holy gently caress :hmbol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lmao at that quote. Truly, today I am euphoric.