Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Hutter posted:

I think the limbo aura/rift thing have been patched recentlyish?

Update 25.1

Fixed enemies spawning being uneffected by Corrosive Projection, Shield Disruption and EMP Auras worn by players in the Rift at the time.

Ah, yep, you're right, thank goodness.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Chroma Prime was the only candidate I could really think of, he has other auras he can use in some end-game bosses like eidolons and profit taker.

Main case for aura forma is anyone who performs a very specific job in a very specific part of the game like eidolons that full corpro isn't needed in, Nova prime is a good candidate though.

Thank you. Looks like Nova and Chroma are my first hits. ...and prolly still my second Khora because what else are you going to do with a second warframe except weird forma poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Flytrap posted:

and prolly still my second Khora because what else are you going to do with a second warframe except weird forma poo poo?

this might be brutal if I'm too late but: a future Ephemera

I have now enough Ash BPs to build him twice but I will never ever waste a rare BP again (and Khora's are rare, no matter how lucky you got)

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
Instant melee swapping has been in the game for like six months and I just now discovered DE quietly added a controller option to use “Fire Button” to attack when you equip melee. :negative:

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

ughhhh posted:

I thought the 6 was a percentage or something not a flat 6 units of armor. God that's a shockingly bad mod. Is shattering impact an old mod that hasn't kept up with changes in the game?

I mean, yes and no.

It's got some extremely specific niche use cases that are not immediately obvious. The fact that it can strip armor in very specific increments and works on enemies that are immune to many other forms of armor-stripping makes it super useful for things like the eidolon fights and tusk thumpers (and maybe a couple other things that don't come up as often) where you don't want to remove all of the armor, just all but a tiny bit of it in order to make the most of elemental weaknesses.

It's a very Warframe mod in that sense.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
I've hit MR4 and got my rear end to Mars. Enjoying the game so far. I know I should level the lovely starter weapons to get them out of the way, but should I do that now or is there a really good place to do it later? I've been swapping between the spy mission and the Infected defence missions on Venus but it still takes a while.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Dr Snofeld posted:

I've hit MR4 and got my rear end to Mars. Enjoying the game so far. I know I should level the lovely starter weapons to get them out of the way, but should I do that now or is there a really good place to do it later? I've been swapping between the spy mission and the Infected defence missions on Venus but it still takes a while.

The Mk-1 weapons are super easy to speed level when you get to later on, so don't stress about ditching them and coming back later if you want to get something more powerful to move through the star chart with. If you've hit MR4 specifically you should build yourself a Hek immediately.

njsykora fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 7, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

weapons get much easier to level up later on. i can max one out in 5-10 minutes.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Though it is nice to get them to 30 so you can delete the bad ones to free up space while your still plat-poor and trying to do nightwave to unlock more slots or find relics to sell the contents of.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Though it is nice to get them to 30 so you can delete the bad ones to free up space while your still plat-poor and trying to do nightwave to unlock more slots or find relics to sell the contents of.

This does not apply to Mk1 weapons which you can just get back for ~nothing in the mid-to-late game.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Excal was my starting frame and he's such a big, strong beefy boy that had no prime alternant for such a huge period that he's by far my most used frame and likely will never leave that position. Boltor prime supremacy station!

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Valkyr is about half of my playtime, at first because of the invincibility on demand and her general tan-qui and then because of that and also because the augmented cuisinart mode scream is amazing.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Excal whips rear end, no qualifiers. Just rad as hell.

I even recently made an excal gimmick build based on amalgam daikyu and the slash dash augment.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Is there a way to delete or amend profile names? There seems to either be no way, or it's one of those things that's been right in front of me the whole time and I've been missing it because I'm dum and blind.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Tulip posted:

Excal whips rear end, no qualifiers. Just rad as hell.

I even recently made an excal gimmick build based on amalgam daikyu and the slash dash augment.

Slash dash is a seriously underrated skill and it has good synergy with his exalted sword.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I just unlocked limbo, not sure how to build him. I feel like I'm supposed to road roller over everything with hella rift energy, so strength/range?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Probably the opposite actually, giant rift bubbles are guaranteed to piss off your teammates due to how some stuff can cross rift boundaries and some can't.

super range limbo has one (somewhat useful) use case: blowing up containers in syndicate missions to make finding the tokens extremely easy. this is the one place where I'm happy to see some enormous rift bubble limbo. The one and only.

minimum range, maximum duration limbo has one (much more useful) use case: putting a tiny, long-lasting bubble over a mobdef console or similar objective and then taking a nap.

also there are some MR tests which limbo makes extremely easy and he trivializes lua spy so there are some cool things you can do with the guy.

Psion fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 7, 2019

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Limbo is the legalistic edge cases frame.

Unrelated: knell should be counted as one of the bullet hoses. Feels like a ww2 heavy mg.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Dr Snofeld posted:

You need to get everything to 30 eventually as mastering everything will raise your MR, which is very useful when you are starting out.

That said, if a weapon can be bought fully built for credits then you can feel free to scrap it and come back later. Just keep in mind you'll have to start leveling it from 0 again.

Check this page before selling anything though: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Avulsion posted:

You need to get everything to 30 eventually as mastering everything will raise your MR, which is very useful when you are starting out.

That said, if a weapon can be bought fully built for credits then you can feel free to scrap it and come back later. Just keep in mind you'll have to start leveling it from 0 again.

Check this page before selling anything though: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Weapons_Required_as_Crafting_Ingredients

Weapons that you use to make more weapons are my favorite. You get to make more weapons, and it doesn't take any more slots! :swoon:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Pomp posted:

I just unlocked limbo, not sure how to build him. I feel like I'm supposed to road roller over everything with hella rift energy, so strength/range?

Why do you hate the rest of us :(

I guess min range max duration if you have to but at the end of the day it's still like a much more annoying version of Gara/Frost's gimmick.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Pomp posted:

This is a guide I wrote regarding the basics of Limbo. Read it, especially since the Rift Plane has mechanics you should learn on a frame that revolves around it.

but tldr there's a few builds to go around:

1) Max duration/low range build to keep mobdef objectives, kuva harvesters, and excavators safe, and hassle-free spy drone murdering. The normal build if you don't want your teammates to wish death upon you and your family.

2) Max range, min duration, high strength build, all the loot radar. This is for hunting humming caches, ayatan sculptures, syndicate medallions, or other things. Cataclysm destroys boxes, so drop one in the middle of an area festooned with white boxes and collect anything that doesn't move/disappear off the radar.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Limbo exists to disrupt gameplay for 3 other people and cheese mobile D missions. If you build for anything other than -range you are effectively griefing.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Baruuk seems like a good idea hampered by the fact that even while standing still and not attacking you will just eat a face full of bullets while his 1 is active.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Cactus posted:

Is there a way to delete or amend profile names? There seems to either be no way, or it's one of those things that's been right in front of me the whole time and I've been missing it because I'm dum and blind.

Warframe.com - account management - change alias

Or do you mean loadouts? Look for a box&pen icon next to the name when in arsenal

Tylana fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Aug 7, 2019

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Cactus posted:

You mean in the arsenal?

Loadout Options > Rename

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

In defense of a strong, non negative ranged, killy Limbo, the Rift Torrent augment suggests that that is meant to be a thing. It's entirely doable.

It's just going to piss off teammates for similar reasons you get from leaving open huge cataclysms, it doesn't really feel good or fun imo, and it takes multiple steps to get a huge damage boost. This ends up taking like four times as long to clear a room or pop off seven digit damage numbers against a group in compared to, uh, basically doing anything else with a similar goal.

E: Baruuk's 1 would make a much better passive.

FunkyFjord fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Aug 7, 2019

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Anora posted:

Baruuk seems like a good idea hampered by the fact that even while standing still and not attacking you will just eat a face full of bullets while his 1 is active.

ignore his 1. its a dumb gimmick that doesnt synergize well with the rest of his kit.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

How does [Endless War] work with regard to your allies? Do they also get the benefit of extended duration with each of your kills? Or only if they're still in range? Or with each of their kills instead? Or not at all? What about enemies? I assume only the initially affected enemies experience slowdown, but does that extend as well, or is that unaffected by the augment? Anyone know?

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

You also don't want big Limbo balls because they will get popped by nullifiers more easily.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

Pipski posted:

How does [Endless War] work with regard to your allies? Do they also get the benefit of extended duration with each of your kills? Or only if they're still in range? Or with each of their kills instead? Or not at all? What about enemies? I assume only the initially affected enemies experience slowdown, but does that extend as well, or is that unaffected by the augment? Anyone know?

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Eternal_War

I doubt that you have to stay in range, though it's not something I've tested.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Anora posted:

I'm probably the closest thing to a defender for Baruuk's 1 and even I'd say it should be up for about 5% of a mission, while his 3 should be close to 100%. It's the least important part of his kit by a mile.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Pipski posted:

Allies receive the buff if they are in the initial cast range. Their kills do not contribute to increasing the duration of the buff but their duration does match yours, they get extra time when you get extra time from kills regardless of how far away from you they are. Only the enemies in the initial cast area are effected by the slow down.

gaj70
Jan 26, 2013

Pooncha posted:

This is a guide I wrote regarding the basics of Limbo. Read it, especially since the Rift Plane has mechanics you should learn on a frame that revolves around it.

but tldr there's a few builds to go around:

1) Max duration/low range build to keep mobdef objectives, kuva harvesters, and excavators safe, and hassle-free spy drone murdering. The normal build if you don't want your teammates to wish death upon you and your family.

2) Max range, min duration, high strength build, all the loot radar. This is for hunting humming caches, ayatan sculptures, syndicate medallions, or other things. Cataclysm destroys boxes, so drop one in the middle of an area festooned with white boxes and collect anything that doesn't move/disappear off the radar.

3) max run speed limbo + invis dog for spy missions.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

gaj70 posted:

3) max run speed limbo + invis dog for spy missions.

This build also destroys some of the MR challenges.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Avulsion posted:

You mean in the arsenal?

Loadout Options > Rename

Yes, this thanks. It's me, I am dumb and blind.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Oh boy, Limbo the Godframe. Called such because you'll run into only 1 of 2 Limbo types.

1. The Almighty and proof that god walks among us. Controls the field, never needs to be picked up, carries the entire team without breaking a sweat.

2. The rear end in a top hat and proof that God *hates* you. Pops a bubble on a console before anyone can put in the disc, banishes teammates at random, and is generally just a prick.

The first question you should ask yourself when playing Limbo is: Are you doing the mission in a group? Or Solo? Because they both use entirely different playstyles.

Group Limbo: you want to make your bubble smaller. Not as small as possible, that will hurt you, because you can make it so small that it can't actually cover the objective anymore. Also the bubble shrinks over time and your duration becomes worthless because you have to keep recasting it once it shrinks to a pinprick. Your job is to dash around like an anime character and pop out with your shotgun to blast away heavy units and the like instantly. And yes you're gonna want a shotgun or the like: Limbo Prime came with the Pryanna for a reason. Nullifier bubbles are your only weakness, so you want to dash into their bubble at point blank and waste them instantly.

You can also go for a minimum duration build: this one involves taking advantage of Rift Surge. This way you can banish however you like, keep things until your done with them by reapplying Rift Surge, and your team won't hate you because even if you miss something, it'll pop out in short order anyway so whatevs.

Solo Limbo: Do whatever the gently caress you want. Your kit is kind of OP and the game doesn't really have anything that can deal with you. Max out your range, get the Rift Surge and Cataclysm augments. Enjoy controlling the entire map with unlimited damage.

Max Range is also great for Spy. Drop a massive bubble over the area, stop time, and kill everything before it can trigger an alarm.

Though this is very important to remember: always stop time before you drop the bubble when doing this

Malah
May 18, 2015

Hello! Would someone mind posting the chart for amps again? I can't find it because I'm an idiot and I'm trying to make some different amps for affinity. TIA :pcgaming:

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Improbable Lobster posted:

F123 are also just called 5, 6, 7

You only need the prisms for mastery, so just build a bunch of x11 amps (or x55 if you have more fortuna rep and materials to spare).

I recommend a 646 amp with a rank 2/3 Virtuos Spike if you want something fun for non-dolon content.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

if anyone ever needs that and cant find it, its on the wiki https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amp