Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah they're not my favorite band in the world, but the local college metal station has been playing the whole album in order, one track every hour, for the past week and it's growing on me quite a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://youtu.be/8dnJpuWuGn8

New Infant Annihilator for those of y'all that wanna get nasty

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Double postin' to share my Grayscale Season bois new video/song. New album comes out in September. (I've been listening to it for a couple weeks and it's super fuckin' solid, so I hope people ITT give it a shot when it drops)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFg7W-AcM34

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

Triple posting because lol

https://twitter.com/danozzi/status/1156690032335319040?s=19

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I just discovered HER NAME IN BLOOD and they are cool and good.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

XIII posted:

IA is the best loving bad, full stop. So lucky I was able to snag that /100 limited vinyl :swoon:

also, Signs of the Swarm have a new, absolute rear end beater of a song, and I'm just now hearing about this? turns out, my youtube history proves i've already heard this song. i think i just rejected it at first because i absolutely hate metal videos and reject them immediately.

anyway the song rules and breakdowns in general are also just a great thing i'm glad they exist

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM

XIII posted:

ShoogaSlim posted:

IA is the best loving bad, full stop. So lucky I was able to snag that /100 limited vinyl :swoon:

also, Signs of the Swarm have a new, absolute rear end beater of a song, and I'm just now hearing about this? turns out, my youtube history proves i've already heard this song. i think i just rejected it at first because i absolutely hate metal videos and reject them immediately.

anyway the song rules and breakdowns in general are also just a great thing i'm glad they exist

Hmm, yes, this seems to scratch the Rings of Saturn style itch :hmmyes:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

i forgot to post the song i'm a loving rear end in a top hat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bBkeEQlQG8

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
These dudes are pretty good and just dropped an LP. I think I prefer their earlier EP but this poo poo bangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXQbqxZcbw

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008

Rabbi Tupac posted:

These dudes are pretty good and just dropped an LP. I think I prefer their earlier EP but this poo poo bangs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHXQbqxZcbw

drat, this is really good.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwanSCGQ-7c

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxUHE6u9SDc

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Goddamn Erra is so good

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Saw the first show of the Harm's Way/Jesus Piece/Portrayal of Guilt/Fuming Mouth show last night. I was expecting to need a suit of armor to survive but the crowd was very subdued during the first two bands. I got up front for PoG, who loving ruled. A hardcore dancer tried to do a cartwheel at the end of their set but he had terrible form if I'm being honest.

Then Jesus Piece went on and it was like a loving bomb went off. The venue instantly got ten times sweatier and the pit took up half the floor. They were incredibly intense.

Harm's Way were good too, but not quite as insane. I've seen them a couple of times so it was nothing new, though slightly different as a hometown headliner than as the opener for a touring metal band.

Also TIL that Jesus Piece frontman Aaron Heard is also the bass player in the shoegaze band Nothing, which is very funny to me.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Aug 8, 2019

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Hell yes, this owns. Erra owns.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Erra don't miss, new song goes :)

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, YESSS! :dance:

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Why wasn't that Erra song on the album?!

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Dango Bango posted:

Why wasn't that Erra song on the album?!

I was thinking the same thing. It's too soon for them to work on a new album, no?

They must've thought it was too good not to put out and they were right.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Errowns

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Henchman of Santa posted:

A hardcore dancer tried to do a cartwheel at the end of their set but he had terrible form if I'm being honest.

jesus piece rules so loving hard, i'm going to this show in brooklyn in a few weeks.

also, do you generally despise hardcore "dancing" or did this fool really whip out a real sloppy flop? cartwheels are my favorite move and i do one maybe every show i go to with varying degrees of reception. one kid told me to take that "long island" poo poo out of here :shrug:

Parachute
May 18, 2003
hardcore dancing is like a fun sideshow i get to observe until i get clocked in the jaw by a kid in a taproot shirt then all bets are off and im swinging for the fences

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

jesus piece rules so loving hard, i'm going to this show in brooklyn in a few weeks.

also, do you generally despise hardcore "dancing" or did this fool really whip out a real sloppy flop? cartwheels are my favorite move and i do one maybe every show i go to with varying degrees of reception. one kid told me to take that "long island" poo poo out of here :shrug:

I do generally despise hardcore dancing but he really did have poor form. No leg extension at all. 3/10.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
the only hardcore dancing i like is dancing away from the lit fireworks in the middle of the pit at a Haymaker/Badluck13 show circa 2003

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Fuckers who do hardcore dancing or whatever the swinging their arms and legs wildly in a crowd of people is called are the dirt worst.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Dango Bango posted:

Fuckers who do hardcore dancing or whatever the swinging their arms and legs wildly in a crowd of people is called are the dirt worst.

I can understand it at a show where it's expected, but it's incredibly frustrating to be at a metalcore show where 99% of people are just generically moshing and have some dude decide he's gonna be the one to stand in the middle and throw windmills at full force.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I prefer my dancing to be Charlie Brown-inspired.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Wark Say posted:

I prefer my dancing to be Charlie Brown-inspired.

I spent high school at ska shows so unironically :yossame:

XIII
Feb 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdUhTHGR1Tk

New one from As I Lay Dying

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

moving around at heavy music shows means either:

hardcore dancing (superior, more predictable therefore actually safer, cooler looking bc it takes some level of skill/practice to do right/well)

or

pantera/slayer pushpit fat sweaty dickhead loser poo poo (looks dumb and sloppy, caters to huge macho shirtless dudes who wind up dominating the pit, zero females ever bother participating, you can never get "good" at it)

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the virgin mosher vs. the chad spinkicker

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Hardcore "dancing" has never, does not, and will never look cool. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
If you're an adult man and you think spinkicking looks cool then I don't know what to tell you. Also women go in metal pits all the time, sorry you only attend sausage fests.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
[breaking a woman's nose behind me with a windmill punch] "IT'S GREAT TO SEE WOMEN PARTICIPATING IN THE PIT INSTEAD OF THE SAME OLD MACHO BULLSHIT"

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i will admit i've never paid much attention to northlane but their new one is....... not good, at least the first few tracks. i gave up pretty quick

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

kumba posted:

i will admit i've never paid much attention to northlane but their new one is....... not good, at least the first few tracks. i gave up pretty quick

Awww, I've been loving it. I liked their debut a lot and then not much from them since. But like Freefall is just a really good Architects song, the riff @3:26 of Sleepless is Tool, there's some good Rammstein copies, there's some good Invent, Animate copies… the new tape is pretty good, if not wholly original.

Anyway, kumba, I assume you've played that new Contortionist EP today, but don't sleep on Unprocessed's new one. I like it 100% better than their last one, and it was pretty decent. I think it's gonna be your thing. Not sure it fits in this thread.

But this definitely does, and it has me hyyyyped for the full thing in October:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLT81QYpTzw

Hardcore dancing looks uncool.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

New Contortionist owns. Apparently "prog metal bands covering Smashing Pumpkins" is becoming a thing :v:

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

Inspector_666 posted:

Hardcore "dancing" has never, does not, and will never look cool. Sorry you had to find out this way.

Henchman of Santa posted:

If you're an adult man and you think spinkicking looks cool then I don't know what to tell you. Also women go in metal pits all the time, sorry you only attend sausage fests.

ever watch footage of a band you like at This is Hardcore? literally everyone is losing their minds and dancing, stage diving, etc - it's amazing. ever go to a show where everyone's just standing around? it loving sucks - go listen to black metal.

serious inquiry: we're all chatting about breakdown-heavy music written for teens with some of the most atrocious, groan-worthy lyrics of any genre, and you think that me hardcore dancing as an adult and enjoying it is lame? are you guys ashamed of what you listen to and committed to only standing at the back with your arms folded? idgi

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
i like to be up close to the stage, and i also like to not get hit in the face by some windmilling idiot

hardcore dancing is dumb as hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShoogaSlim posted:

ever watch footage of a band you like at This is Hardcore? literally everyone is losing their minds and dancing, stage diving, etc - it's amazing. ever go to a show where everyone's just standing around? it loving sucks - go listen to black metal.

serious inquiry: we're all chatting about breakdown-heavy music written for teens with some of the most atrocious, groan-worthy lyrics of any genre, and you think that me hardcore dancing as an adult and enjoying it is lame? are you guys ashamed of what you listen to and committed to only standing at the back with your arms folded? idgi

You were comparing different kinds of pits but now you're talking about people just standing around?

Also black metal shows often have pits too. I'm starting to think you haven't seen any metal bands that aren't of the -core variety.

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Aug 9, 2019