Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Jedit posted:

Certain people will be at the wall after Brexit, but they won't have time to eat.

Joke's on you I'm going to nibble the end of my cigarette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Joke's on you I'm going to nibble the end of my cigarette

What kind of toff are you? With your luxury tobacco.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
We could be self-sufficient in tobacco if the climate in the south changes right.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
imagine how happy all the gammons will be when we can actually grow Yorkshire Tea in Yorkshire

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

What would the troubles have been like if there weren't enough troops to patrol the streets and man the checkpoints of NI? Guess we will find out soon.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Peaceful invasion of Ireland is on.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1159390202235904000?s=20

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/malaiseforever/status/1159439313211449344

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

Which one of you is Pete Slade going hog wild there?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That cropping on the first image tho.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

That cropping on the first image tho.

lmao yeah

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
afternoon all, here's some caterpillars again, they're getting pretty big now

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.
Post-Brexit food source coming along nicely for some, i see.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

CGI Stardust posted:

They're cute! What's the brown stuff in the jar/bowl?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

CGI Stardust posted:

Day 1:

Day 2:

Day 3:

Day 4:

Why are you growing more horrible creatures, there's plenty out there already

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.
The family of one of my students keeps stick insects as pets. They're really cool but they breed like crazy and pretty drat big so you gotta watch out not to squash a loving living stick chilling out in the doorway or something

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Coohoolin posted:

The family of one of my students keeps stick insects as pets. They're really cool but they breed like crazy and pretty drat big so you gotta watch out not to squash a loving living stick chilling out in the doorway or something

What they just wander the house?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The student, the family, or the stick insects?

Coohoolin
Aug 5, 2012

Oor Coohoolie.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

What they just wander the house?

They have a large pot with plants they live in but you will see them just trodding about here and there. They move a lot at night, apparently they have to be really careful if they get up at night to not step on them.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sloth Life posted:

They are high in protein, CGI Stardust is a confirmed Brexit Prepper

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Tarnop posted:

The least gross thing a goon has ever put in a jar.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Tarnop posted:

Food. Also the little brown individual lumps are caterpillar poop. It's the kind of thing that must happen, but you never think about.

Sloth Life posted:

:mad: butterflies and moths are the gentle angels of the insect world, except clothes moths, which are dogshit and awful

Ratjaculation posted:

They are high in protein, CGI Stardust is a confirmed Brexit Prepper

I'm a humble entrepreneur, responding to future needs. Who needs fresh fruit and veg when you have juicy, juicy larvae?

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

A Buttery Pastry posted:

The least gross thing a goon has ever put in a jar.

That was a vase, to be fair.

E: have a moth I found at work

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
I had to drop a dictionary on a hawk moth once. It was loving huge and in my flat so death was the only possible outcome.

I do NOT like moths.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Sloth Life posted:

I had to drop a dictionary on a hawk moth once. It was loving huge and in my flat so death was the only possible outcome.

I do NOT like moths.

yet you won't shut up about sloths... what a hypocrite!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

It's what's for dinner.

Sloth Life posted:

I do NOT like moths.

Mods change this goon's username to Moth Life

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Haha Scottish Labour is finally eating itself. Thanks John.

https://twitter.com/PolhomeEditor/status/1159502363356532736?s=19

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
*Choo choo, all aboard the U-turn express!*

UK train operators reverse decision to quit Interrail posted:

Industry reaches agreement with Eurail after loud protests at Wednesday’s disclosure

Britain’s train operators have backtracked on a plan to pull out of the Interrail scheme, 24 hours after their decision triggered a storm of protest.

The Rail Delivery Group (RDG), which represents the industry, said on Wednesday it would leave Interrail in January because offering Interrail and its companion Eurail pass alongside its own BritRail scheme would be too confusing.

But on Thursday RDG said it had never wanted to leave Interrail and would reverse the decision after resolving differences with Eurail, which runs Interrail and Eurail.

[...]

Announcing the change of mind, Robert Nisbet, director of nations and regions at RDG, said: “Following the strong reaction to news of our departure, we and Eurail renewed talks. We are pleased to be able to tell passengers that we have reached agreement and will be remaining part of both the Interrail and Eurail passes.”

RDG had blamed the decision to leave Interrail on a dispute between its members and Eurail over whether the UK could participate in Interrail, which is for European residents, and not Eurail, which is sold to travellers from outside Europe.

After trialling the Eurail pass, RDG decided not to continue and to offer Britrail to non-Europeans instead. When Eurail said the UK could not be a member of Interrail without offering the Eurail pass, RDG pulled out. Eurail accused RDG of wanting to sell more Britrail passes, which RDG denied.

After the furore caused by its decision, RDG went back to Eurail and agreed to offer both passes alongside Britrail. RDG said the initial decision was nothing to do with Brexit and that it was bad timing that the matter coincided with rising tension about Britain leaving the EU.

---

Unrelated and also expected, No 10 refuses to rule out election shortly after 31 October Brexit - Downing St could delay election until days after Brexit if Boris Johnson loses confidence vote.

Hardly news, it's always been a possibility that the Tories allow a no deal to happen, call an election immediately after and hope that they either get a majority to pass through their insane disaster capitalist plans, or leave the big steaming brexshit in Labours hands to sort out while they tut on the sidelines.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

If big john came up here to make the melts expose themselves for sackings then I am so happy. Even unarmed he’s still fuckin armed.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

its cool how a bunch fo journalists today have been criticising corbyn for not stepping down if a unity government was required because Jo Swinson has said she refuses to work with him

i really hate oakeshott

https://twitter.com/MatesJacob/status/1159510264796057601?s=20

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Coohoolin posted:

They have a large pot with plants they live in but you will see them just trodding about here and there. They move a lot at night, apparently they have to be really careful if they get up at night to not step on them.

I can certainly imagine keeping sufficient indoor plants to perpetually maintain a population of stick insects, but how on earth do they deal with the molts and dead young in random places in the house

stick insects lay massive amounts of eggs, they'd be hundreds of them in weeks without rampant predation

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

keep punching joe posted:

Haha Scottish Labour is finally eating itself. Thanks John.

Is this a good thing or bad?

Being from Kent, I don't really know the intricacies of Scotpol aside from the ocasional comments in this thread. :shrug:
To clarify, the outside impression I get is that ScotLab is still mostly Blairite.

Jose posted:

its cool how a bunch fo journalists today have been criticising corbyn for not stepping down if a unity government was required because Jo Swinson has said she refuses to work with him

They're so loving transparent :lol:

Pesky Splinter fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Aug 8, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

ronya posted:

stick insects lay massive amounts of eggs, they'd be hundreds of them in weeks without rampant predation
They could release bats inside the house.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so glad we're going to be eating their food soon if boris gets his way

https://twitter.com/sethdmichaels/status/1159153580043120640

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Jose posted:

I dunno how anyone thinks a unity government is a realistic proposition at all. If you're at the stage where you'd need the Lib Dem's 13 MPs to get a slim majority for what is meant to be a broad, cross-party consensus then you're already dead in the water. Plus Sturgeon says she wouldn't work with the Tories, McDonnell says Labour wouldn't go into coalition with the SNP or the Lib Dems. I think you'd struggle to get a majority without them anyway, but a government of national unity (except Scotland) is such a gift to the Indy campaign that alongside the complete dismissal of NI you'd think they were trying to break up the UK.

I mean I assume it's just another arrow for sensible centrists to shoot at Labour, but it's so dumb.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Tanith posted:

Looks like you've made a powerful enemy

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

why indeed

https://twitter.com/SpecCoffeeHouse/status/1159504991352217600

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

quote:

The BDS movement is, for the most part, sustained by Western leftists and what attracts them is not standing in solidarity with oppressed people but standing in judgement of disfavoured people and ideas. BDS is the left’s revenge on the Jews for transcending victimhood, putting their faith in God over man, and making a virtue of nationalism.
hosed up that the left doesn't like nationalism

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pesky Splinter posted:

Is this a good thing or bad?

He probably thinks it's good from a SNP supremacy perspective but really it's good for everyone because Scottish Labour are a useless dead party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,

I'll be back

Tanith posted:

:3: looks like it's doing a little flying kick