Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Everything old is new again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Does the world get another kickass nature preserve out of this? We might be on to something with this whole exclusion zone thing where nature gets to recover. Maybe we should make a few thousand more of them around the world. I hear there's a guy to call about this. 1-800-FOR-SS18

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Bored As gently caress posted:

Holy poo poo, something went seriously wrong there.

What exactly is the unit of measure on that detector? It looks like it’s reading mkP/4, unless it’s some Cyrillic abbreviation.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

Does the world get another kickass nature preserve out of this? We might be on to something with this whole exclusion zone thing where nature gets to recover. Maybe we should make a few thousand more of them around the world. I hear there's a guy to call about this. 1-800-FOR-SS18
I'd like to see all of Russia become a nature preserve.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Casimir Radon posted:

I'd like to see all of the world become a nature preserve.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Flying_Crab posted:

What exactly is the unit of measure on that detector? It looks like it’s reading mkP/4, unless it’s some Cyrillic abbreviation.

probably micro-roentgen/hr

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Aug 8, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://twitter.com/ArmsControlWonk/status/1159552386911760384

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Speaking of explosions

https://twitter.com/babadookspinoza/status/1159502614670848001

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also McCabe is suing the Justice Dept for his firing

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/08/politics/andrew-mccabe-lawsuit/index.html

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

GOD DAMNIT

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Not diminishing Nazis in America, but the way that article presents it, it seems likely it was the owners.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

FAUXTON posted:

probably micro-roentgen/hr

Sieverts these days, Roentgen is an old measure

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I knew Russia said they were going to do their own take on the Chernobyl show but I wasn't expecting this

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

I knew Russia said they were going to do their own take on the Chernobyl show but I wasn't expecting this

:golfclap:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

bulletsponge13 posted:

Not diminishing Nazis in America, but the way that article presents it, it seems likely it was the owners.

Well what's the harm in rounding up a few "hapless" Nazis of the area anyway.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wasabi the J posted:

Well what's the harm in rounding up a few "hapless" Nazis of the area anyway.

I won't shed any loving tears.

I tried to find what that dosage meter was measuring, but a dirty Google didn't show what the acronym means.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Sieverts these days, Roentgen is an old measure

Wouldn't it be something like "mkC" in Cyrillic, then?

E: it would be "mk3b" for microsieverts, but mkP is almost certainly microroentgen:

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Aug 8, 2019

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

Googling that name says it's a "nuclear fuel carrier"...

https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:345290/mmsi:273133300/imo:8929513/vessel:SEREBRYANKA

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Wikipedia says he got 14 years and is required to serve at least 85% (12) of it.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
NPR was going over the Rod Blagoya-whatever thing on the way home. Turns out his wife was on Fox multiple times saying, word for word, how unfairly he was treated and how he's the real victim for just doing some light treason corruption.

The leader of the country is an oatmeal brained dotard and a propaganda channel dictates his actions to him because he's outsourced his loss of mental faculties to the television.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
The whole "commute Rod's sentence" thing is loving disgusting and I think the only reason he's doing it is because rod went to jail for the same poo poo ol' Donny's done.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bird food bathtub posted:

NPR was going over the Rod Blagoya-whatever thing on the way home. Turns out his wife was on Fox multiple times saying, word for word, how unfairly he was treated and how he's the real victim for just doing some light treason corruption.

The leader of the country is an oatmeal brained dotard and a propaganda channel dictates his actions to him because he's outsourced his loss of mental faculties to the television.

We already saw this work with the sailor who was caught photographing equipment on a nuclear submarine and claimed he wanted to show them to his infant daughter. It’s a good strategy.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 8, 2019

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

want he trying to sell obamas seat

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/rgay/status/1159508325526056961?s=21

This guy is soopo loving’ awful and lame.

(((JonathanWeisman))) (@jonathanweisman) Tweeted:
@mh4oh @justicedems's endorsement included a photo.
https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/1159117721369530368?s=17

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Maybe the guy that torched Miami can get out early

Also, speaking of bad NYT headlines I saw this today and was like, "Which one? Xbone exclusive?"

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 8, 2019

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Yeah although it was just a misunderstanding. He bought Obamas actual office chair at a moving sale and was trying to sell that.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

He was doing standard Chicago machine politics horse trading. But he was dumb enough to do it on the phone, and get caught on tape. By the Feds.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The whole "commute Rod's sentence" thing is loving disgusting and I think the only reason he's doing it is because rod went to jail for the same poo poo ol' Donny's done.

You're over thinking it. He saw someone on Fox. That's it. There's no strategy, no secondary effects he's going for, no future planning. He saw a thing on Fox. Done. He has become completely swiss-cheese brained and his hours of watching Fox every day dictate his actions to him.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sue Gordon, the deputy DNI, is resigning. She was insanely well respected by the IC and a fantastic speaker. I saw her talk in person about how hopeful she was for the future and for the future of her grandkids. Lmao.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
So...both top intel posts will be vacant?

gently caress.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Who was the chick in cali who told highschoolers their opinions didnt matter to her because they didn't vote for her?

Edit: jesus gently caress whats worse for our gov at this point? The constant remains or having someone trump likes that will stick it out?

Stravag fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Aug 8, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
...that was pelosi, wasn't it?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I can't remember if it was Pelosi or the black lady who has a mansion in oakland or someshit

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Milo and POTUS posted:

Feinstein

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Lol loving owning the poo poo out them kids

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Ty. For some reason i kept thinking waters and I have no idea why

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Stravag posted:

I can't remember if it was Pelosi or the black lady who has a mansion in oakland or someshit

Milo and POTUS posted:

No, Feinstein. But now I want to know what the hell the Oakland thing is.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.w...foutputType=amp

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Stravag posted:

Who was the chick in cali who told highschoolers their opinions didnt matter to her because they didn't vote for her?

e: beaten, but here's the full original video

let's take a moment to remember how Diane Feinstein crawled into politics over Harvey Milk's corpse

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Diane Feinstein p much told them kids "gently caress what you heard, yall can't even vote, get the gently caress out my face."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

FrozenVent posted:

If any other country had the rate of shooting the US does, combined with the concentration camps and mounting sectarian / political violence, the State Department would have travel advisories out.

When’s the last time there was a mass shooting in a developed country? New Zealand and Norway before that? The guy at the Canadian parliament?

The US being much more religious than those countries, you’d expect their Thoughts and Prayers to be that much more effective.

:allears:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2...ry-gun-society/

quote:

“Heeding to the possibility that shooting incidents could happen anywhere in the U.S., which is a gun society, please continue to stay alert as a precautionary measure,” the Consulate General of Japan in Detroit said in a statement on Sunday.

The Uruguay Ministry of Foreign Relations advised their citizens living in or traveling to the U.S. to exercise caution against “growing indiscriminate violence, for the most part hate crimes” that “have cost more than 250 lives in the first seven months of this year.” It also warned its citizens to “avoid areas with large concentrations of people like theme parks, shopping centers, art festivals, religious events, food festivals and any kind of cultural or sporting gathering.”

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro issued a tweet on Monday urging his country’s citizens to stay alert or consider postponing travel to the U.S.

Amnesty International issued a travel warning and issued a statement Wednesday, urging tourists to “exercise extreme caution when traveling throughout the country due to rampant gun violence,” adding that the issue has become “so prevalent in the United States that it amounts to a human rights crisis.”

“Travelers to the United States should remain cautious that the country does not adequately protect people’s right to be safe, regardless of who they might be. People in the United States cannot reasonably expect to be free from harm — a guarantee of not being shot is impossible,” said Ernest Coverson, campaign manager for the End Gun Violence Campaign at Amnesty International USA.