Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Hentai Jihadist posted:

yeah basically, we wont have been the only ones that noticed that once you start telling the truth corbyn gets more popular
or that nobody gets punished for anything

and this time around there is everything to play for

If you're that confident that the structure of British legal society is so complicit and/or incompetent then why even care about parliament? You're saying there's no possible gains to be made on a procedural basis so why bother whether they're being fair to Corbyn or not because you can only progress by destroying it all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

His Divine Shadow posted:

No this is just an uncharitable interpretation combined with old prejudices. It's been shown cats show genuine affection to their owners.

Liking being around people isn't the same as being dependent on them, I'm sure cats like me but I've never met one that didn't dictate the terms of the relationship.

Again I say this as someone who likes cats and prefers them to dogs.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

namesake posted:

If you're that confident that the structure of British legal society is so complicit and/or incompetent then why even care about parliament? You're saying there's no possible gains to be made on a procedural basis so why bother whether they're being fair to Corbyn or not because you can only progress by destroying it all.

Obviously you have to try regardless but surely if we've learnt anything it's that pessimism is hardly unwarranted

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1159703718172008448?s=20

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i know it's a lol biden brain thing, but lmao poor may biden literally can't remember her name

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

CoolCab posted:

i know it's a lol biden brain thing, but lmao poor may biden literally can't remember her name

It is lol but it's hard to overstate how rapidly his brain is rotting into soup

He'll make a wonderful 46

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

:psyduck:

https://twitter.com/j_t_palmer/status/1159569749271093248

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

On the one hand it's the alzheimers, on the other hand, she really was a pound shop thatcher.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Where does the BBC think vikings come from?

Or saxons for that matter?

Like is germany not western until bismark happened?

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

Jedit posted:

When did you go full brainwormed FBPE?

Countdown until the thread Brexit Death Cult faction calls Corbyn out as infected?

There is no way that a minority Labour government could undo or significantly mitigate the harm of a no deal hard Brexit after it has happened. And I don’t read.Corbyn as the kind of person who would burn down the country to rule the ashes.

The idea that there is absolutely nothing a parliamentary majority could do to stop a no deal Brexit because Boris has hidden the mace or whatever is obvious bullshit. It says something about the weakness of a position when that is the best argument that can be made for it.

Either Parliament will vote for a pre-Brexit election, or they will not. Anything else is just spin to attempt to justify why they didn’t.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
If only the 5th century had strong nation-states they could have had public health infrastructure to treat people for imbalance of their humors.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

She doesn't need a more open forum, she needs a new asclepion.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm surprised trepanation isn't making a comeback since phrenology seems to be

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Jose posted:

Phrenology is a lot more amenable to racism

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Aug 9, 2019

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

The spiders fear sunlight.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

OwlFancier posted:

Where does the BBC think vikings come from?

Or saxons for that matter?

Like is germany not western until bismark happened?

Germany is Central Europe. Since Britain is both in Northern Europe and clearly barbaric, Western Europe is exclusively Ireland, Mann, and possibly the Scilly Isles (although that might already be veering into Southern Europe). Iceland is part of North America.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

ngl i'd like to get the calipers out and use them on toby young to annoy him

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back
Toby Young gentle calipers on head ASMR

Whispering nurse examining your skull shape

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Definitely think the appropriate response to anyone going on about IQ is to start walking around them and peering at their head while they're talking.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1159780988844675072?s=20

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This is the only IQ I recognize, and it's also terrible.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Guavanaut posted:

If only the 5th century had strong nation-states they could have had public health infrastructure to treat people for imbalance of their humors.

I mean charitably, the Roman water system was a "public health" infrastructure and that may be what they were trying to get at.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/elon-musk-seeking-humans-holes-drilled-into-brains-063744047.html

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Barry Foster posted:

Phrenology is a lot more amenable to racism

Whereas trepanning is actively harmful to racists when done right :hehe:

^^ this guy too

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Jose posted:

Your forgetting that the tosser who was in charge of the local council when Grenfell happened was a tory brat who's parents were big believers in drilling holes into heads.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

https://twitter.com/davidastinwalsh/status/1157011827408211969

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Gonzo McFee posted:

Your forgetting that the tosser who was in charge of the local council when Grenfell happened was a tory brat who's parents were big believers in drilling holes into heads.
Not big enough believers imo

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

“Britain’s economy unexpectedly shrank 0.2 per cent in the second quarter – its first contraction since the last quarter of 2012, when GDP fell by the same amount. GDP last fell by more in early 2009, when the economy was deep in the post-financial crisis recession.”

Unexpectedly? I’m no economist, but I wouldn’t say it was unexpected at all... :thunk:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Gonzo McFee posted:

now i really want to get teh calipers out and see what happens when you break the skin covering the holes on his head

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Oh hey, looks like the markets are finally starting to price Brexit as a thing that may actually happen, instead of the endless game of pretend.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

This seems much more likely to be a horrible reflection of the current curriculum, than the BBC...

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I know an Earl and Countess who went to Egypt to get trepanned by some quack and swear by the procedure.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

Not big enough believers imo

They named their kid Rock because when they opened his head that's all they found.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I feel like if you get trepanned and survive then either you think it did you good or you accept you're the world's biggest loving moron.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

communism bitch posted:

I know an Earl and Countess who went to Egypt to get trepanned by some quack and swear by the procedure.

If only there was a far quicker way for the aristocracy to quickly undergo head surgery...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

orange sky posted:

Buy Zimbabwe dollars, they're very stable in these troubled times.

I was given a 500 million Zimbabwe dollar note when I was in Mozambique and I will guard it with my life for when no deal happens.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Uber lost over 5bn dollars in the last 3 months, and its IPO documents literally state that "the company may never make money" and is entirely reliant on continuous cash injections to destroy cab companies all over the world.

And this loving poo poo is held up as a model of the 'new economy'.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Junior G-man posted:

Uber lost over 5bn dollars in the last 3 months, and its IPO documents literally state that "the company may never make money" and is entirely reliant on continuous cash injections to destroy cab companies all over the world.

And this loving poo poo is held up as a model of the 'new economy'.

I mean I am extremely fond of the idea of a new economy based around shovelling resources into services without any thought as to profit making but I'm not sure that's quite what they're thinking of :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

If you want to cheer yourself up, read some tribunal decisions for work capability assessments. Yes that's what I'm doing, shut up you're not my therapist.

"Claimant would not be at risk if found capable of work, as depression sufferers often benefit from being at work"

The judge (or whoever does a tribunal) thankfully tore it apart, but still the loving audacity of it. Apparently this one gets used a lot.

At least it'll make me remember to say "working has caused me multiple serious breakdowns. If I seem ok, that's almost entirely because I'm not working" when the ATOS death cultist is picking over my bones.