Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ross perot in hell
Jul 9, 2019

by VideoGames
If he wanted to kill himself, it's not a coincidence. He would've waited until a moment when he'd be less likely to be stopped. Hell, he might've even figured out a way to bribe a guard or the doctor who took him off suicide watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Oops wrong thread

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
it is funny

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://mobile.twitter.com/Phylan/status/1160534109975916544

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

comedyblissoption posted:

lol if you think a dead man's switch isn't technically possible

you just literally set up a chron job on a computer to do something and to stop that something from happening you have to regularly manually go in and reset the chron job

or any number of trivial computer scheduling mechanisms

if you do this your captors beat the information out of you and then keep you alive long enough to disable it, beat you some more to make sure that was the only one, then murder you

if you have a deadman's switch that you know how to avert, then your captors also know how to avert it

he wasn't a machiavellian genius, he was a child rapist who befriended other child rapists

the deadman's switch (if it ever existed) ain't gonna trigger even though epstein is dead af

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Agean90 posted:

Yeah even if he isn't technogically literate I have have a hard time believing a finance guy like epstien wouldn't know how to set up an escrow account to keep someone with a thumb drive full of docs loyal to him

i just want to emphasize how small people are thinking that a global cabal of pedophiles couldn't stop a deadman's switch from going off

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/jonathan4ny/status/1160588046204637184?s=19

Stand by for news!

Pf. Hikikomoriarty
Feb 15, 2003

RO YNSHO

Slippery Tilde
lol at 'apparent suicide' as opposed to like 'suspicious death'

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Very cool thing to take a stand against. Good job!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...vid/1978070001/

twoday
May 4, 2005

Gotta protect our faves

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Mr Hootington posted:

So this is what gaslighting feels like

The big difference is that since it's not targeted at one isolated person we can all get together and go "I'm not crazy this is hosed up right"

twoday
May 4, 2005

Mr Hootington posted:

So this is what gaslighting feels like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihe5uMmQtsY

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i wish it was possible to read articles relating this without them starting with a massive photo of epsteins giant grotesque head

twoday
May 4, 2005

Jose posted:

i wish it was possible to read articles relating this without them starting with a massive photo of epsteins giant grotesque head

The "Epstein escaped" theories are very funny because there is no plastic surgery that will reshape your skull to a normal aspect ratio

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Frijolero posted:

Very cool thing to take a stand against. Good job!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...vid/1978070001/

The Democrats are going to do more to defend the rapist Bill Clinton from criticism than they did to defend Ilhan Omar from death threats

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jose posted:

would you prefer his grotesque egg dick

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

anyone else feel their ep brain becoming egg shaped or is it just me?

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Thinking bout epsteins egg dick rn

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This is going to end up memory holed like the Panema papers after the journalist who broke the story got car bombed.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

This is going to end up memory holed like the Panema papers after the journalist who broke the story got car bombed.

oh no, very smart people have assured me that she was car bombed for completely unrelated reasons

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

The Jack Chop Guy posted:

idk what skills does this guy have to work fuckin anywhere

digital prophet status

quote:

He took an Uber car uptown to IPG Mediabrands, an advertising firm, where he was due to give a speech. “I think some folks from Applebee’s are going to be in the house,” he said. “I’m more of a caffeine-free, gluten-free, raw-food sort of guy, but I am able to find something to like in every brand once I hear their story.”

He told the Applebee’s people that to make their brand “remarkable, reactive, and relevant” they have to tell stories in real time. Everyone is talking about SoLoMo—social, local, mobile—but they should be talking about HoMo: home/mobile, cell phones used on the couch.

“How many apps does the average person have?” Shingy asked the crowd.

“Forty-two?” Justin Colavita, a media planner, said.

“That’s right!” Shingy said. “Forty-one, actually.”

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Shear Modulus posted:

would you prefer his grotesque egg dick

unironically yes i want to see what it looks like with my own eyes

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1157410746214617093

remember that Spacey's sexual assault accuser dropped the case recently, and he made that "let me be Frank" video while all this poo poo about him being on the Lolita Express was coming out

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Taintrunner posted:

lmao brains broken
love to very suddenly care about the deplorable conditions of american prisons

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Gonzo McFee posted:

well, Putin thought the Panama Papers were a US attempt to subvert the Russian government

considering the US and Russia are now in a whats sort of a new Cold War with cyber-war poo poo and an arms race going on, it did probably have a bit of an impact. just, not like a positive one

twoday
May 4, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1157410746214617093

remember that Spacey's sexual assault accuser dropped the case recently, and he made that "let me be Frank" video while all this poo poo about him being on the Lolita Express was coming out

That was mentioned on true anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

He is apparently drinking from a mug commemorating the royal coronation or something related to the British royal family

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Relevant Tangent posted:

if you do this your captors beat the information out of you and then keep you alive long enough to disable it, beat you some more to make sure that was the only one, then murder you

if you have a deadman's switch that you know how to avert, then your captors also know how to avert it

he wasn't a machiavellian genius, he was a child rapist who befriended other child rapists

the deadman's switch (if it ever existed) ain't gonna trigger even though epstein is dead af
uh i was saying the only plausible motive for body doubling epstein out of prison was a dead man's switch so they would try to beat the information out of him

Mr. Dick
Aug 9, 2019

by Cyrano4747

bloom posted:

My fave thing is that a week from now 95% of people will have forgotten about Epstein, and the few who bring him up will be dismissed as conspiracy loonies.

So it will remain in the news cycle about three times longer than the Panama papers?

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
The Hollywood Pedophile cabal is different than the Epstein Pedophile cabal, but only in, like, the sense that Harvard and Yale are different

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Atrocious Joe posted:

WaPo also published an editorial calling this the darkest day in the history of the Bureau of Prisons. Which didn't rule out a conspiracy.

Shits weird, especially with how close WaPo normally is to DC centers of power

There are multiple cabals of pedophiles and the one running WaPo isn't in on Epstein's.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
cool
cool
Cool
COOL
COOL
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1160593614910738435?s=20

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Relevant Tangent posted:

A good DMS involves a second party that holds information that you don't know and requires check-ins

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
I am revising my earlier statement. If you are using Epstein's death to talk about prison abolition you're a loving FED

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

:whitewater:

I couldn't come up with something this vile if I was trying my hardest to and they pull it off on the fly.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
dead man switch to send information to journalists who would immediately cover it up and pass it on to the government

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

JAKE TAPPER, CNN: Hello, I'm Jake Tapper in Washington, where the state of our union is appalled. We begin with morning with a retweet from the president of the United States. Not a message about healing or uniting the country, one week after two horrifying massacres, not about the victims of the tragedies, instead President Trump using his massive Twitter platform, 63 million followers, to spread a deranged conspiracy theory tying the death of pedophile Jeffrey Epstein in prison to the president's former political rivals, the Clintons.

I'm not going to show you the tweet, but the spokesperson for former President Bill Clinton responded to the president re-tweeting it saying, quote: "Ridiculous and not true and Donald Trump knows it. Has he triggered the 25th Amendment yet?"

President Trump could use his megaphone for anything, but the president often uses it to amplify that which is the worst of us. Personal attacks, bigotry, and insane conspiracy theories. Officials say Epstein died by apparent suicide while in the custody of the federal government. The attorney general, William Barr, will open an investigation into how it happened and was appalled and said it "raises serious questions that must be answered," unquote.

This is not the first time that President Trump has chosen to use his amplified voice to spread conspiracies. He lied about President Obama's birthplace. He suggested Ted Cruz's father might have been involved in the JFK assassination and lied that he saw American Muslims in New Jersey on TV celebrating 9/11 when there is no such tape. President Trump has also given voice to the lie that the migrant and refugee crisis at the border is a plot by Jewish billionaire George Soros to fund an invasion. That was the motive for the mass slaughter in Pittsburgh and El Paso. This is no longer just irresponsibie and indecent, it is dangerous.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

If it compared epstein to bland by saying something like "these two people were murdered while in jail" then I guess it os apt.

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan
has anyone noticed that if you look up information on the first prison event, all of the major papers report it as a suicide attempt, but every other paper in second tier and below (like ny post or whatever) point out that he may have been possibly attacked. I don't know if i have ever seen such a disparate report on the same event

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Vomik posted:

dead man switch to send information to journalists who would immediately cover it up and pass it on to the government

This is my new belief

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

twoday posted:

That was mentioned on true anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZveA-NAIDI

He is apparently drinking from a mug commemorating the royal coronation or something related to the British royal family

https://www.thetanster.com/blog/2018/12/26/c2ezkkwgzrr1w5zoosnd0w5vq3td51

quote:

It is a mug commemorating the 60th Anniversary of the Coronation of Queen Elizabeth II. It was commissioned along with a number of other items as part of the 60th anniversary celebration.

The coronation was in June 2013. The picture of when he met the Queen was in May 2011 so he could not have obtained the mug then as it didn't exist. However he was honorary knighted in June 2016 which is when I presume he obtained the cup at the Royal gift shop.

Interestingly on the other side of the mug had he held it with his left hand it would've shown a much larger royal crest which would've made it far more obvious on the video. He went for subtlety just like the rest of the video with hidden layers within his coded message

gently caress

gently caress

i dont know what to do with this information

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa